21 minutes ago, The Blind Idiot God said:

Welcome to the post-Awakening world, where Light Magic doesn't exist! Seriously, Light Magic has been the red-headed step-child for the last two games; only one spell in Awakening and two in Fates (Book of Naga, Lightning and Moonlight, and even that is dubious)?! Dark Magic got to be its own thing in Awakening, so where's my Light Magic?

Yo, you're in the pull topic. . .if you wanna complain about how Light magic is treated in FE, that's General FE.  If you wanna discuss it in the Heroes context, that's the pinned  General Discussion thread.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yo, you're in the pull topic. . .if you wanna complain about how Light magic is treated in FE, that's General FE.  If you wanna discuss it in the Heroes context, that's the pinned  General Discussion thread.

Sorry, was just shit-posting for a bit.

*Nervous Sweat*

Uh, distraction pull!

Spoiler

7aMMgpN.png

Natures and thoughts

Spoiler

Hawkeye 4* (+Def/-Atk): ...but why tho? I guess Threaten Atk can be inherited, but I dunno who I'd give it to. Maybe Minerva?
Stahl 3* (+Def/-HP): He get's Swap, so I'll hold onto him so I can give Swap to an armoured unit.
Shanna 4* (+HP/-Res): I'm gonna give Iceberg to Azura, since she's got +Res.
Shanna 3* (+Atk/-Res): Maybe I'll get a unit that wants Desperation? I'll hang onto this one til I get a unit that has Vantage.
Maria 4* (+Atk/-Def): I don't like healers in this game, so I was gonna scrap her for feathers. But I have Minerva and Michalis, so I guess I'll hang onto her for the novelty of having the whole family.

Overall, I got some pretty great skill fodder. Could've been better though, I'm still waiting for a Tsubaki so I can give Lilina Quick Riposte.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

Just did a couple of "Just Blue" pulls... used up about 27 orbs and didn't get anything special (was still hoping for Ninian/Azura).

Did get 4* Reinhardt and 4* Abel who are decent skill fodder (already got both with better natures.)

Edited by Chelone

Blazing Shadows has been the greatest banner for me thus far, offsetting the awful luck I had with Sibling Bonds. It took 49 orbs to pull Ninian, and the next two 20-orb YOLO pulls netted me first Rebecca, then a second Eldigan. Reading about everyone else's pulls here gave me the itch, which netted me another five star.  

Boons and banes were pretty awful, except the one character I needed to be good: 

Young Tiki +Def -Atk
Fir +Def -Atk 
Kagero +Atk -Def
Stahl +Spd -Atk 
Donnel +Spd -Res

This all means the next banner will likely be utterly awful, so I'm savoring this. 

Edited by Eridras

Holy Heck I have tons better luck on my F2P tablet account.  I played through more of the Story Mode and Pulled again today.

5* Seliph and 5* Cordelia in the same 5 pack.  I'm wasting all my good luck. 

15 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Just did a couple of "Just Blue" pulls... used up about 27 orbs and didn't get anything special (was still hoping for Ninian/Azura).

Did get 4* Reinhardt and 4* Abel who are decent skill fodder (already got both with better natures.)

I Pulled a 4* Reinhardt with a -Atk.  I'll sacrifice him for skills if I ever get a better natured one.

After remembering I want to get some of the characters I voted for, I decided to do another pull while Ninian's on the Focus.

No blue orbs to start with. Not a good sign.

Duplicate Fir (3*), Saizo (4*), Duplicate Stahl (4*), Duplicate Wrys (4*), Duplicate Cecilia (4*)

...Remind me never to do any more pulls until Tana, Elincia and Ishtar are possible. I don't even know how good these characters are for inheritance!

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

After remembering I want to get some of the characters I voted for, I decided to do another pull while Ninian's on the Focus.

Duplicate Fir (3*), Saizo (4*), Duplicate Stahl (4*), Duplicate Wrys (4*), Duplicate Cecilia (4*)

...Remind me never to do any more pulls until Tana, Elincia and Ishtar are possible. I don't even know how good these characters are for inheritance!

Saizo has Poison Strike and Fir has +Speed, which are both nice.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Saizo has Poison Strike and Fir has +Speed, which are both nice.

Yeah, I'm hoping Saizo will help with the 9-1 dagger quest, at least.

It's just not been the only pull with questionable value I've done recently. The other one just had two pegasus knights to make it palatable.

(And also had a Wrys to feed Lissa).

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

These characters have all good skills. Stahl can handle Swap to someone with high SP. Wrys has Live to Serve 2, Healing Light and Rehabilitate. Cecilia has Escape Route 3 and Rally Resistance. Escape Route is very useful on Martyr healers or on Vengeance/Reprisal units that want to fly away from danger occassionally.

I wish I could take that extra Stahl. I'd love to give his + X def skills to my Freddy who's +def to make him an even tougher wall!

Edited by Anacybele

Never have i been so happy to pull a 3 star unit named Thany. Its been almost 2 months, but now i finally have her. Time to train her up to be my main Unit next to Fae.

30 minutes ago, Thany said:

Never have i been so happy to pull a 3 star unit named Thany. Its been almost 2 months, but now i finally have her. Time to train her up to be my main Unit next to Fae.

Congratulations! I know how good it feels to finally get that unit you've always wanted, so I'm glad for you! Also I totally fed mine to Lucina for Desperation 3

So I just did some summons from the Blazing Shadows Focus, and this was what I got:

Spoiler

Lissa 3* (+ATK/-RES)

Saizo 3* (+RES/-SPE)

Bartre 3* (+ATK/-DEF)

Hinata 3* (+ATK/-SPE)

Draug 3* (Neutral)

OK, this first summon was trash.  All of them were 3*, and besides Bartre, they're all units I already have.  I guess the only good thing from this is that I can give Lissa's Kindled-Fire Balm to another one of my healers.

Spoiler

Rebecca 5* (+RES/-DEF)

Bartre 3* (+ATK/-DEF)

Sophia 3* (+SPD/-HP)

Jagen 3* (+ATK/-DEF)

Effie 4* (+ATK/-RES)

Now this is more like it!  Rebecca wasn't the character I was hoping to get from this focus (I personally wanted either Ninian, Jaffar, or Priscilla), but I'll gladly accept what's been given to me.  Getting Effie as well was also a nice bonus.  How good is +ATK/-RES for her, by the way? 

I have 20 orbs left, so I could do another summon, but since the chance of getting a 5* has been reset back to 3%, I've decided that I'm going to save them for a later focus.

Edited by sonicstormer38
Reached attachment limit

I tried another summon session and....the results were really bad. Not only did I not get a 5*, despite the rate being 4.5% at the time, There wasn't even a 4* or a new unit. 

3*Hinata, 3*Frederick, 3*Virion, 3* Selena, and 3*Sully. At least Hinata can pass on Fury 3 at 4*.... I don't have enough orbs to do another summon before the banner is over. So I guess I'm walking away from that 4.75% pull rate. I'm guessing this is karma for pulling Takumi in the first summon of this banner ._.

Just now, Kiran said:

3*Hinata, 3*Frederick, 3*Virion, 3* Selena, and 3*Sully. At least Hinata can pass on Fury 3 at 4*.... I don't have enough orbs to do another summon before the banner is over. So I guess I'm walking away from that 4.75% pull rate. I'm guessing this is karma for pulling Takumi in the first summon of this banner ._.

This is your karma for pulling Takumi at all. No, I'm not salty, why do you ask?

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I tried another summon session and....the results were really bad. Not only did I not get a 5*, despite the rate being 4.5% at the time, There wasn't even a 4* or a new unit. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is your karma for pulling Takumi at all. No, I'm not salty, why do you ask?

5.25% here, no 5*s and after all was said and done, roughly 100 orbs got me 3 units that I didn't already have.

##BlameTakumi

Edited by Elieson

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

If it makes you feel better, mine got up to 6% and I couldn't walk away... I. just. kept. pulling -.- Walk away. Walk away and be free!

That being said, I did come away with a Ninian. Wanted Jaffar or Karel, but was not saying no to the dancing dragon xD

Time for one last pull on what has been by far the kindest banner to me...

Spoiler

cWowDKQ.png

The kindness continues!  No 5* units this time, but at this stage I will take 4 new units any day.  Let's have a look at their boon/banes:

Eirika: +Atk/-Hp Lachesis: +Spd/-Hp Henry: +Def/-Spd Oboro: +Res/-Def Serra: +Spd/-Def

I'm most excited by Eirika, by far.  The extra power is nice, and if I can bump her up to 5*, I'll have the makings of a strong Nino-centered team.  Now if I could just get the feathers.

I don't think Lachesis will be replacing Azama as my primary healer, and neither will Serra.  I initially thought Henry got a bad spread, but it actually looks like it suits his stats really well.  Speaking of his stats -- a really slow, really weak mage that's physically defensive?  I don't know, man.  Not sure what I'm going to do with Oboro, but infantry lancers seem rare (are there any others except Ephraim? Edit: remembered Donnel and Azura), and I'm always excited to get new characters no matter how "bad" they are.  

Bring on the next banner!

Edited by DLNarshen

Check out all the garbage great skill fodder I got trying to pull Ninian ~3~ 

tumblr_onhy2c8FgD1shnqb4o1_540.png

Sigh. This was about 100 orbs' worth of summons. Yeah, the 'focus on one summon color' trick hasn't really worked out for me. At least I got Reinhardt (....without Dire Thunder) and didn't have Odin before, I guess....? also Walden James really loves me apparently jeezus dude

Edited by BANRYU

19 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Finally managed to pull a Takumi. It's +Spd/-Def, so he may not be able to take a hit, but maybe he won't be doubled.

FWIW, +Spd Takumi has been the most annoying one to deal with because of how difficult it is to double him. My Julia gets doubled by him and my Nino fails to double him even with speed buffs.

26 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Finally managed to pull a Takumi. It's +Spd/-Def, so he may not be able to take a hit, but maybe he won't be doubled.

+Spd taco is the reason why I put bowbreaker on Lilina. He was the reason I used to have trouble getting perfect streaks. I'd say it's a really good nature for him.

49 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Fellow Heroes players, I have cried tears of joy! For on this night, the elusive Hector is finally mine! (TvT) i have no more will to pull until PoR/RD or Farina gets released. I am zen...

Congrats!  I got incredibly lucky and Pulled a Hector of my own a while back.  He and Julia rotate for the Green spot on my Arena team, depending on the composition of the rest of my party.

If you are wondering where your Ninos are, I have her. >:D This is the 3rd full summon in a row where I've pulled her now. 4-star love as usual.

Natures:

Nino    Neutral ( already training the +SPD one I received two pulls ago )
Merric  -HP/+ATK   ( awesome )
Fem!Corrin -HP/+SPD  ( neato )
Oboro     -SPD/+RES ( urgh )
Roy    Neutral

4Fcjxnc.png

Edited by Luchi