Even if I didn't get any rabbits or 5* units this round, I'm pretty happy with my pull. Got a 4* Fae and a 4*Reinhardt. Both are new units! Also got the less exciting 4*Clarine, 4*Felicia, 3*Fir. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In preparation for the upcoming voting gauntlet, now would be the best time to summon Hinoka via the Pegasus banner.  But with only 40 orbs to spare, the odds are very much stacked against me.  In addition, I could just as easily summon Subaki or Cordelia, and while I wouldn't complain about such pulls, they're not exactly who I want.  As such, drastic measures are in order.

pJdPrXk.jpg?1

Let's do this.

Spoiler

IJlGB5d.png

Jah7N6P.png

2zvnjkj.png

Not pictured is a pull with a 4* Peri and another 3* Gwendolyn, which I didn't save for some reason.  Some of my summons had no blue orbs as well, which was pretty infuriating. 

All I can really say is oof.  The only worthwhile pulls here were Robin-M for his Bonfire, and I got a +Spd/-Res 4* Ogma on an off-blue summon.  Clearly something about my pentagram was wrong -- perhaps I should have filled it out with more cards?  Either way....it's going to be some time before I can get more orbs to make this worthwhile again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Until next time my friends.

So what exactly are the chances of six different summoning sessions of the wyvern banner having exactly 0 green orbs? 

I've wasted so many orbs summoning colors I don't even want to and I'm sad.

EDIT: Update! I managed to pull a 5* Minerva! Unfortunately though she's +Spd/-Atk, and I'm worried that the -Atk will be really detrimental for her :/

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So what exactly are the chances of six different summoning sessions of the wyvern banner having exactly 0 green orbs? 

I've wasted so many orbs summoning colors I don't even want to and I'm sad.

I may have taken your green orbs by accident. Decided to pull from the Pegasus banner, first set of orbs was ALL GREEN! Got a 3* Nino and just bailed.

Second set was more realistic, but the actual pulls were crap.

• 4* Henry: Ignis might be useful.
  • 3* Est: Bleh.
  • 4* Barst: Reposition might be nice.
  • 4* Beruka: Aren't you in the wrong focus?
  • 3* Lissa: Bleh.

I tried a couple pulls for Hinoka. Got all duplicates or characters I pulled before, but sent home because I thought they were of no use to me. But mostly duplicattes. Another Palla who wasn't even 5 star, another Marth, also not even 5 star, two more Donnels...ugh. The others were Gwendolyn and Selena. I didn't do full pulls this time, because there were too many greens. I wanted blues (for Hinoka) or reds (for Ryoma).

My luck isn't changing after all, I guess. That Bunny Xander was just the game throwing me a bone after all the horrible luck... Sigh...

None of these characters have skills I want to give others either. Well, more feathers! I'll merge the Marth with my other Marth if the boon/bane isn't more favorable.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My luck isn't changing after all, I guess. That Bunny Xander was just the game throwing me a bone after all the horrible luck... Sigh...

Why would you keep pulling after you got a 5 star? Hinoka isn't even worth the orbs!

You shouldn't have pushed your luck :/

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why would you keep pulling after you got a 5 star? Hinoka isn't even worth the orbs!

You shouldn't have pushed your luck :/

Because I like Hinoka and she would've helped in the gauntlet since I'm joining her team? Also, the possibility of more 5 stars. Also, who knows when Hinoka will be in a focus again? Her focus is now. Trying for her at this point was a better idea than trying when she isn't in a focus.

The new Marth is -def, +HP. ...That's crap, you're getting the merge treatment.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because I like Hinoka and she would've helped in the gauntlet since I'm joining her team? Also, the possibility of more 5 stars. Also, who knows when Hinoka will be in a focus again? Her focus is now. Trying for her at this point was a better idea than trying when she isn't in a focus.

She kinda sucks as a unit, but if it's just because you like her then I guess that's cool.

Spoiler

Even though you already have a blue and green 5 star so what you really need is someone red AKA Ike so you basically wasted your orbs knowing he could come at any given moment

92 orbs saved. Still waiting. Patiently. Slowly.

Just now, Arcanite said:

She kinda sucks as a unit, but if it's just because you like her then I guess that's cool.

Reveal hidden contents

Even though you already have a blue and green 5 star so what you really need is someone red AKA Ike so you basically wasted your orbs knowing he could come at any given moment

92 orbs saved. Still waiting. Patiently. Slowly.

Yes, I like her, and like I said, her focus is NOW. And she'd have helped in the gauntlet. I'll occasionally buy more orbs, relax. Even if I don't have an income right now, I will again eventually. And we'll get more free orbs too, I'm sure. IS would be major idiots to do away with those completely. Besides, I'm perfectly willing to dump some money for Ike. This is my fictional hero/idol you're talking about here, dude. :P

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I like her, and like I said, her focus is NOW. And she'd have helped in the gauntlet. I'll occasionally buy more orbs, relax. Even if I don't have an income right now, I will again eventually. And we'll get more free orbs too, I'm sure. IS would be major idiots to do away with those completely. Besides, I'm perfectly willing to dump some money for Ike. This is my fictional hero/idol you're talking about here, dude. :P

I always forget, not everyone is poor like me

Spoiler

#WhenYouAssumeYoureTalkingToAFreeToPlayer #WeGonSaveDatMoney #IAintEverHitABarWitACover #IWearTheSamePairOfJeansEveryday

Yeah you're willing to put money down for that man. Meanwhile I'm holding on to every orb I can grab heh

34 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

In preparation for the upcoming voting gauntlet, now would be the best time to summon Hinoka via the Pegasus banner.  But with only 40 orbs to spare, the odds are very much stacked against me.  In addition, I could just as easily summon Subaki or Cordelia, and while I wouldn't complain about such pulls, they're not exactly who I want.  As such, drastic measures are in order.

pJdPrXk.jpg?1

Let's do this.

Reveal hidden contents

IJlGB5d.png

Jah7N6P.png

2zvnjkj.png

Not pictured is a pull with a 4* Peri and another 3* Gwendolyn, which I didn't save for some reason.  Some of my summons had no blue orbs as well, which was pretty infuriating. 

All I can really say is oof.  The only worthwhile pulls here were Robin-M for his Bonfire, and I got a +Spd/-Res 4* Ogma on an off-blue summon.  Clearly something about my pentagram was wrong -- perhaps I should have filled it out with more cards?  Either way....it's going to be some time before I can get more orbs to make this worthwhile again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Until next time my friends.

I'm just sitting here with my Hinoka, who was like the second 5* I ever pulled.

Regardless, I grieve for you. Then again you had Camilla on your pentagram so you dun goofed.

50 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Regardless, I grieve for you. Then again you had Camilla on your pentagram so you dun goofed.

I'm sitting here shaking my head at my second Hinoka, who I pulled trying to get Bunny!Lucina and Bunny!Xander.

My first one, I pulled trying to get Ephraim -.-

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I thought it wouldn't matter since I wouldn't be touching greens, but...yeah. =(

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is what I'm repeating to myself over and over again as I stare at my useless -Atk Hinoka. 

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

She's got Hone Fliers, which is godly if you are running other Brave fliers (and even when you're running regular fliers).

She's also the only character with Blazing Wind, arguably the best of the AoE special skills.

Pulling the wyvern banner has made me realize we need more green units.  Half the time a green orb didn't even appear.    

I never pulled any of the focus units, but on the bright side one of the times when no green orbs appeared got me Ephraim.

After saving another 20 orbs up, i go into the spring focus three separate times and am met with despair. a dupe 4 star wendy, a THIRD 4 star corrin F, a three star fred (MY LIKE FOURTH, at least i can pass his hammer to someone) and then a 5 star! Except it was Raven. Literally the only possible 5 star green unit I could get that I did not want. I already had a trained 4 star raven and if I wanted a 5 star brave axe I'd rather it be camilla since at least she can fly. I mean I wouldn't necessarily want Hawkeye either but at least he'd be someone new, which is always novel. Meanwhile Hector, Shareena, rexcalibur guy, minerva...all of htose would have been more than acceptable.

I think if those twitter quiz orbs come out soon (the 7th?) I might be able to do one more pull before easter goes away. I really want the flying tome camilla, but i'd settle for chrom or lucina, too.

Also would it kill them to like....guarantee that every color shows up? It is awful when you get something like 4 Reds and a green, especially in focuses like this one where there isnt even a red (or colorless). Like just...Red/Blue/Green/Colorless and then have the final slot be a random color.

23 minutes ago, r_n said:

Also would it kill them to like....guarantee that every color shows up?

Technically yes! They want to starve you out of orbs as much as possible, so by making it pure chance, they actually want you to get nothing and then spend money to use up your percentages!

58 minutes ago, r_n said:

Also would it kill them to like....guarantee that every color shows up? It is awful when you get something like 4 Reds and a green, especially in focuses like this one where there isnt even a red (or colorless). Like just...Red/Blue/Green/Colorless and then have the final slot be a random color.

The way things are right now guarantees that the advertised probabilities are 100% accurate. Forcing each color to appear each time increases the probabilities of pulling characters from colors with low representation and decreases the probabilities of pulling characters from colors with high representation.

If any color has less than 20% (1 in 5) representation in the total drop pool (green in Blazing Shadows was 18%), it becomes physically impossible to match the advertised probabilities using your setup.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The way things are right now guarantees that the advertised probabilities are 100% accurate. Forcing each color to appear each time increases the probabilities of pulling characters from colors with low representation and decreases the probabilities of pulling characters from colors with high representation.

If any color has less than 20% (1 in 5) representation in the total drop pool (green in Blazing Shadows was 18%), it becomes physically impossible to match the advertised probabilities using your setup.

I'll admit to not being up on my statistics, but this shouldn't affect things should it? It's just flat percentages. It doesn't matter what orb you choose, there's a 3% chance of getting a 5 star. If it's, in spring's case, green, then that's a 6% chance of getting ANY green 5 star, with a specific 1.5% chance of that green orb spawning a Spring Camilla or Spring Chrom.

I got lucky and Pulled Bunny Lucina on my Tablet account.  So, now I have Spring Camilla and Spring Lucina, albeit only Camilla on my main account.

I'd love to get Xander and Chrom, although since I'm guaranteed to get regular Xander soon, I might just have to wait for him, and I've got about five normal Chroms right now that I got when I was trying to Pull Leo a few weeks ago, so Bunny Chrom is a low priority.  His XP boosting skills looks to be the best novelty skill of the bunch, but since it only applies to Axe units, it's not as great as a straight XP buff would be.

We're back to getting only 1 Orb a day, that sort of kills my enthusiasm a bit.  Even getting two a day means I can Pull about once a week without dishing out money, and as much as I'd like some more bunnies, I'm not wanting to spend right now.  Maybe I'll have enough Orbs to Pull again before the end, but if not, I guess I'll just see what the next Banner is.

I didn't realize Hinoka was so popular.  I was going to run Camilla for the Gauntlet, since I've got her at level 40, but I've got Hinoka as well.  I probably would have gone with Est, but she's not an option, and of those in, Minerva, but I don't have her.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I'll admit to not being up on my statistics, but this shouldn't affect things should it? It's just flat percentages. It doesn't matter what orb you choose, there's a 3% chance of getting a 5 star. If it's, in spring's case, green, then that's a 6% chance of getting ANY green 5 star, with a specific 1.5% chance of that green orb spawning a Spring Camilla or Spring Chrom.

Not at all. Every single one of the 5 orbs, before color is considered, has a 6% chance of being a 5*. What heroes you get is determined before you see the orbs, rather than vice versa. (Math doesn't work out otherwise, you can't have a 3% chance of pulling a 5* focus unit if the color doesn't have any focus units.)

The chance of getting a 5* for any given orb color is therefore (5* color chance)/(5* color chance + 4* color chance + 3* color chance).

This means that colors with an abundance of 5* units (*cough* reds *cough*) and a relatively low number of 4* and 3* units will have a far higher 5* rate than expected. (A color WITHOUT any 4* or 3*s, for example, will always give you a 5* unit when you see it).

The banners just change the 5* color chance odds.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Not at all. Every single one of the 5 orbs, before color is considered, has a 6% chance of being a 5*. What heroes you get is determined before you see the orbs, rather than vice versa. (Math doesn't work out otherwise, you can't have a 3% chance of pulling a 5* focus unit if the color doesn't have any focus units.)

The chance of getting a 5* for any given orb color is actually (5* color chance)/(5* color chance + 4* color chance + 3* color chance).

This means that colors with an abundance of 5* units (*cough* reds *cough*) and a relatively low number of 4* and 3* units will have a far higher 5* rate than expected. (A color WITHOUT any 4* or 3*s, for example, will always give you a 5* unit when you see it).

The banners just change the 5* color chance odds.

Huh! I'd just have some failsafe for focuses lacking a color, but that would result in different displayed rates. Thanks for explaining it, though, I think I understand better what was meant.

Still mad when i go to do a summon without a color tho