4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i did a horrible thing and bought a piddling amount of orbs..partly because i want to support the game too. i feel dirty tho (no offense to people who buy orbs, it's just my only income is money from art commissions and my tablet recently died so i really shouldn't have..). peace out from an ex-F2Player.

3paGyxR.png

i picked the greys first because i was hoping to not get a 5* there, but Faye had other plans... (does the 5* rate even slowly increase after each summon or does it only increase from summon session to summon session?

just sacked a Niles for Iceberg, guess he didn't want to leave

in other news, i'm so glad skill inheritance is a thing

5* rate increases by session. The 5 units are predetermined once the orbs are shown, and are just "hidden" behind them. Best strategy is to pull from the colour you want first.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 15 orbs today after the SoV paralogue stuff. Decided to do a few pulls for fun. Got a 3* Subaki (fodder), a 4* Hinata (fodder), and a 4* Kagero.

Kagero's new, and is +DEF/-RES. She's also one of about two colourless units I still wanted to get (the other is Klein.) I was hoping to use her as my anti-mage Arena unit, so the -RES is a little sad (especially since it's apparently -4 and not -3), but with Fury and the +3 HP Seal, she should be fine. Sacked the 4* Hinata I pulled to give her Fury 3 and promoted a Lon'qu to 4* to give her Vantage 3. Now just need to save feathers and promote her. With the HP+3 Seal, she hits 34 HP/28 Def/27 Res (with Fury 3.) I think that's a decent cushion to get her down to Vantage range (with a Fortify Defense, she can even take a +Atk Klein Brave Bow round.)

Also need to figure out what to give her for an Assist and C skill. Don't have many appealing options on either of those fronts.

1 hour ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

so, what exactly can a person do with 5-6 Olivias? 

Hide contents

Maybe it's time for a dance off

I should just not pull for 3-4 more banners and let the rng deities reconsider my fate.

Be like me and merge them all into a level 40+5 4* Olivia!  She babysits my lowbies.

Well, looks like I got lucky and got this Gaiden Lady.  The only thing I really know about Gaiden is from Ghast's LP, but I'm sure I'll get to know her better once SoV comes out.

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-04-14-21-47-

@Arcanite Can you guess which Bane she has?

Spoiler

If you guessed -Atk, you're right!  Because of course she is.  If I had a dime for every unit I got that was -Atk, I'd break even for spending money on this game.

Well, I gave her Poison Strike, since she's pretty slow, but since she can't get counterattacked, she can deal free chip-damage on pretty much everybody.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Be like me and merge them all into a level 40+5 4* Olivia!  She babysits my lowbies.

Well, looks like I got lucky and got this Gaiden Lady.  The only thing I really know about Gaiden is from Ghast's LP, but I'm sure I'll get to know her better once SoV comes out.

Reveal hidden contents

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-04-14-21-47-

@Arcanite Can you guess which Bane she has?

Reveal hidden contents

If you guessed -Atk, you're right!  Because of course she is.  If I had a dime for every unit I got that was -Atk, I'd break even for spending money on this game.

Well, I gave her Poison Strike, since she's pretty slow, but since she can't get counterattacked, she can deal free chip-damage on pretty much everybody.

As soon as I saw the word "guess" I already knew LOL.

Nice job with poison strike though! Excellent selection for a skill for her. Congrats!

Also, since she's plus defense that makes her nice and thick for taking hits on enemy phase!

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Virion would love her bow, I think. It fixes his only real issue, res being too low to hit mages. (31/31 offenses is quite good, and I think he can afford to dip into swift sparrow since he'll be face tanking with his absurd bulk during EP 46/26 bulk at neutral, totally an archer there, guys.)

Edit: But man is his coverage shit. Even with swift sparrow he only 1RKOs like 30 dudes if they have Fury 3.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, Arcanite said:

As soon as I saw the word "guess" I already knew LOL.

Nice job with poison strike though! Excellent selection for a skill for her. Congrats!

Also, since she's plus defense that makes her nice and thick for taking hits on enemy phase!

Yeah, I also got a Saizo today, so I went ahead and salvaged skills out of him.

I also got a Robin that's +Speed, so I merged my old one into him.  I notice that all the old skills were pre-learned, which was a pleasant surprise!  I went ahead and used a Sully to teach him SwordBreaker.  I might use the Cordelia I just got to give him Triangle Adept, too.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I also got a Saizo today, so I went ahead and salvaged skills out of him.

I also got a Robin that's +Speed, so I merged my old one into him.  I notice that all the old skills were pre-learned, which was a pleasant surprise!  I went ahead and used a Sully to teach him SwordBreaker.  I might use the Cordelia I just got to give him Triangle Adept, too.

T-Adept + Swor breaker = Fleek

I have it on my own. I also gave him HP +3 for extra longevity on his sword breaker. I suggest you do the same, unless you have a better candidate for the HP seal

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, looks like I got lucky and got this Gaiden Lady.

Well, technically she isn't Gaiden Lady, as she wasn't in Gaiden.
Congrats on getting a focus character neverthess, even though she's your trademark −Atk!

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

My only question. Have you ever played a gacha game before this?

Nah, but I have rerolled in the past and gotten better pulls before, so I am not very unfamiliar with the concept. I have pulled Laslow 7 times already, so he WILL come back guaranteed. I'll even screenshot it, and say I told you so. 

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

T-Adept + Swor breaker = Fleek

I have it on my own. I also gave him HP +3 for extra longevity on his sword breaker. I suggest you do the same, unless you have a better candidate for the HP seal

Yeah, it would be nice to have an extra blue-mage floating around.  I've got Abel as my main blue, but sometimes have to switch him out, depending on who the bonus character is for the week.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, technically she isn't Gaiden Lady, as she wasn't in Gaiden.
Congrats on getting a focus character neverthess, even though she's your trademark −Atk!

Gah, shows just how much I know about Gaiden.  I didn't remember her, but I just figured she wasn't that memorable, since most pre-support FE characters don't get much personality.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Gah, shows just how much I know about Gaiden.  I didn't remember her, but I just figured she wasn't that memorable, since most pre-support FE characters don't get much personality.

Thanks to the new Echoes redesigns, hardly any of the Gaiden characters are recognizable anymore, so I don't blame you really.

It's almost like it's a new game in and of itself rather than a remake. Not that I mind, it does look pretty nice.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Thanks to the new Echoes redesigns, hardly any of the Gaiden characters are recognizable anymore, so I don't blame you really.

It's almost like it's a new game in and of itself rather than a remake. Not that I mind, it does look pretty nice.

Yeah, I only remembered some characters, and with all the name changes as well, I just sort of gave up trying to figure out who was who.

I've got the Special Edition Pre-Ordered, but I'll have to have Heroes tide me over for now.  I wonder if there will be any sort of bonus or event on April 20 to coincide with the Japanese release, or if the Banner is all.

So here was how the first two pulls from this banner treated me.

Pull 1

Spoiler

IMG_0292.thumb.PNG.1f935c4729579af410690b7486e95f6c.PNG

Niles: +Spd, -Atk

Alm: +HP, -Res

Shanna: +HP, -Res

Setsuna: +Res, -Spd

Cherche: +Atk, -HP

Pull 2

Spoiler

IMG_0270.thumb.JPG.3692b42306b9e03ac81dc649306f7d5b.JPG

Fir: +Spd, -Def

Gunter: +Res, -Spd

Lukas: +HP, -Res

Arthur: +HP, -Res

Saizo: +Spd, -HP

For the record, the pull I did before the one that resulted in Alm gave me Ryoma ( a +Spd, -Def one as well). I have come to find that when I get 5 stars, I tend to get them in bursts like this instance. However when I don't get a 5 star, I usually don't get one for pulls on end (it took 10 full pulls plus a 4 unit pull to get that Ryoma after the last 5 star I got).

I decided to do one pull for this focus, more for skill fodder than anything, as I don't have any experience with or attachment to the characters...

Spoiler

YcU2zWj.png

+Spd/-Atk Faye . Aw yeah, 28 Spd, so she can double...um...nobody, really. Woo. I'll probably level her as a backup in case I have no other arena bonus heroes next week. Maybe feed her a Henry and have her shoot down Ninos or something, idk.

Everything else looks to be excellent skill fodder. Except maybe Virion...he's probably going to be feather-ed.

Edit: Holy Naga, she's actually kind of a creeper.

Edited by LordFrigid

21 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I decided to do one pull for this focus, more for skill fodder than anything, as I don't have any experience with or attachment to the characters...

Reveal hidden contents

+Spd/-Atk Faye . Aw yeah, 28 Spd, so she can double...um...nobody, really. Woo. I'll probably level her as a backup in case I have no other arena bonus heroes next week. Maybe feed her a Henry and have her shoot down Ninos or something, idk.

Everything else looks to be excellent skill fodder. Except maybe Virion...he's probably going to be feather-ed.

Edit: Holy Naga, she's actually kind of a creeper.

You said WHAT about Virion?!  Banned!

But on a more serious note, if you REALLY like how Faye fights, you can always give her his Silver Bow.  It's 2 less MT for the ability to double. . .with 28 Speed. . .on second thought, maybe she'd appreciate The Niles Set more. . .

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You said WHAT about Virion?!  Banned!

But on a more serious note, if you REALLY like how Faye fights, you can always give her his Silver Bow.  It's 2 less MT for the ability to double. . .with 28 Speed. . .on second thought, maybe she'd appreciate The Niles Set more. . .

Faye still gets to double if she outspeeds, it only prevents her from having an EP.

Edit: Not that 28 (this is with a boon) speed is going to double anything. Even Hector is fast enough to avoid it.

Edited by DehNutCase

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Faye still gets to double if she outspeeds, it only prevents her from having an EP.

Edit: Not that 28 (this is with a boon) speed is going to double anything. Even Hector is fast enough to avoid it.

She'd double any Sophia who doesn't have a speed boost, and any Leo that's not +spd and/or has a speed boost.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Actually...Killer + Iceberg with that Res would be pretty nice. Maybe toss in a QR? The problem is that I'd mostly be having issues with -blade tomes, and most of those will just double & KO her unless I split them from their buff buddies. I could have her go breaker instead, but then she might be better off with the Firesweep Bow. I'd have to look at the numbers & see what she mages she can actually 2HKO with that Atk stat.

I'll think it over while I level her.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Actually...Killer + Iceberg with that Res would be pretty nice. Maybe toss in a QR? The problem is that I'd mostly be having issues with -blade tomes, and most of those will just double & KO her unless I split them from their buff buddies. I could have her go breaker instead, but then she might be better off with the Firesweep Bow. I'd have to look at the numbers & see what she mages she can actually 2HKO with that Atk stat.

I'll think it over while I level her.

-blade users murder everyone.  I hope she's not too painful to level.  Gordin's Speed still gives me nightmares.

I should stop trying to pull for Lukas.  I think it's a fairly good guess that he will end up being a 4* unit in the future...but I can't help it.

150 orbs in...

Edited by Lushen

I for one hope Alm is made available as 4* later.

Looking at the trend, half of the characters in each new banner (except Spring) would stay as 5* only while the other half become available as 4*.

17 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I for one hope Alm is made available as 4* later.

Looking at the trend, half of the characters in each new banner (except Spring) would stay as 5* only while the other half become available as 4*.

If I had to guess, Clair and Lucas will be made 4-5*, while Faye and Alm will remain 5* only.

(That said, I think Faye will drop to 4-5* around the time Karel does.)

I'm nowhere near certain with my guesses, of course, but that just feels like how they'd do it.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If I had to guess, Clair and Lucas will be made 4-5*, while Faye and Alm will remain 5* only.

(That said, I think Faye will drop to 4-5* around the time Karel does.)

I'm nowhere near certain with my guesses, of course, but that just feels like how they'd do it.

Yeah, I had the exact same assumption, but one can always hope. Wonder if they'll actually drop Karel to 4*.

It still doesn't help that I haven't gotten any Chrom or Marth, let alone Lucina, despite pulling gazillion of reds. Falchion wielders elude me so.