I decided to try a couple more pulls that would only be greens in one last try for another 5 star Freddy to beef my current one. First session only had one green and it was another 4 star Raven. That's okay, I was going to train up one of the two anyway and now I can have a 40+1 Raven in the end.

Second session had no greens. Damn it...

BUT LOOK WHO I GOT INSTEAD OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED! EEEEE!! *long squee*

Capture_2017-04-21-11-23-53_zpsmpuh5qxr.

Capture_2017-04-21-11-34-23_zpsdfb3hwyd.

He's +HP, -Atk, but...that won't hurt too much, will it? (though @Rezzy is your curse spreading? xP)

Even so, I don't actually care much! I GOT MY FAVORITE LORD NOT NAMED IKE! I can get Ike alongside him when he comes with all the orbs I still have saved up!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, that was Bunny Xander, Elie. But everybody seems to forget that I pulled him. lol

Ephraim IS my first blue that will be GOOD though! Because Bunny Xander is meh. xP

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I decided to try a couple more pulls that would only be greens in one last try for another 5 star Freddy to beef my current one. First session only had one green and it was another 4 star Raven. That's okay, I was going to train up one of the two anyway and now I can have a 40+1 Raven in the end.

BUT LOOK WHO I GOT INSTEAD OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED! EEEEE!! *long squee*

He's +HP, -Atk, but...that won't hurt too much, will it? (though @Rezzy is your curse spreading? xP)

Even so, I don't actually care much! I GOT MY FAVORITE LORD NOT NAMED IKE! I can get Ike alongside him when he comes with all the orbs I still have saved up!

I'm slightly Jealous to be honest :/ #TheSaltIsReal

But congrats!

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Congratulations Ana. Although he would've loved being with his sister! Repent sinner

Character-wise, yeah, you're probably right. But I don't like her and I have Marth and will later have Ike (I'm not letting myself go without Ike!). :P

But if I ever do pull another Eirika, I might keep her though. It would depend on the circumstances. If she's 5 star and/or I still lack 5 star reds other than Marth and Ike, she'll stay. If she's 4 star and I have a bunch of other, better red swords I can use, she's gone.

Hopefully though, I pull both Ike and Ryoma first instead. :3

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm slightly Jealous to be honest :/ #TheSaltIsReal

But congrats!

Thankies. :3

But again, +HP, -Atk won't hurt too much, will it?

@Anacybele Congratulations on your shiny new Ephraim!

You really like your bulky characters, huh?

+HP/-Atk isn't optimal on Ephraim, of course, but I think it's fine. 

His main utility is to act as a wall against sword units, and nearly every sword in the game is overkilled by him in two hits anyways (unfortunately, he doesn't quite have the attack to OHKO them, so you'll have to settle for two). 

He's a bit slow to make up for how tanky he is, but that's not anything an inherited Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker can't fix!

Ephraim is one of my favorite lords and also one of my better units in Heroes, so if you ever have any questions regarding him just let me know!

EDIT: I just did some calcs, and even with -Atk, an Ephraim with either Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker can ORKO every sword unit in the game except for Alm, Draug, and Zephiel, and even +Atk Ephraim doesn't ORKO those 3 anyways. Your Ephraim is fine.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele Congratulations on your shiny new Ephraim!

You really like your bulky characters, huh?

+HP/-Atk isn't optimal on Ephraim, of course, but I think it's fine. 

His main utility is to act as a wall against sword units, and nearly every sword in the game is overkilled by him in two hits anyways (unfortunately, he doesn't quite have the attack to OHKO them, so you'll have to settle for two). 

He's a bit slow to make up for how tanky he is, but that's not anything an inherited Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker can't fix!

Ephraim is one of my favorite lords and also one of my better units in Heroes, so if you ever have any questions regarding him just let me know!

Yes, I do tend to like tanky characters more than speedy squishy ones. Don't get me wrong, speedy squishy ones can be good, but more often than not, they aren't because either their attack is simply too low, or it requires too much luck to keep them alive because they have to dodge or else they'll be killed quickly due to low defenses. Ryoma is probably the only speedster I like a lot because of his character and design. I still almost lost him once or twice because of low defenses and bad RNG luck in Fates.

I'm also just better at using tanky characters because I've always had a more defensive play style. I like walling and then smashing with a high attack stat. :P

I'm considering Fury on this Ephraim though. Yeah, I know, I said before that I didn't care for that skill, but with the extra HP, he might be able to afford the hits. Quick Reposte is a good idea too though!

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I decided to do a couple of pull in the Zephiel banner because I want a 5* Hana. Got:

3* Selena NEUTRAL. I'll have to check my 4* Selena's nature but sadly I leveled her quite a bit already
3* Donnel +Def -Res. Look Donny, I have like 9 of you already, so please stop coming to me. Give me Shanna or something geez.
4* Odin -HP +Def. Good fodder.
4* Frederick. -HP +Def. This is like my 5th or 6th Frederick. I have many Luna fodders mhmm. This one has good nature, but I wish Bartre or Gunter came instead.

And alas, as if the RNG is teasing me, the last orb gave me

5* Frederick +Spd -Res. Wow. You sure love coming to me huh. Sad that I don't have Chrom here for ya. With this nature, he'll become what I call the Sonic the Frederick.

Guess I'll just 5* my 3* Hana.

Apparently, Ana's Frederick went to the wrong place.

Edited by pianime94

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yes, I do tend to like tanky characters more than speedy squishy ones. Don't get me wrong, speedy squishy ones can be good, but more often than not, they aren't because either their attack is simply too low, or it requires too much luck to keep them alive because they have to dodge or else they'll be killed quickly due to low defenses.

I'm also just better at using tanky characters because I've always had a more defensive play style. I like walling and then smashing with a high attack stat. :P

I'm considering Fury on this Ephraim though. Yeah, I know, I said before that I didn't care for that skill, but with the extra HP, he might be able to afford the hits. Quick Reposte is a good idea too though!

I definitely prefer speedy glass cannons, but to each their own haha

Fury's actually a solid skill on him (though I think giving him QR or Swordbreaker first is the priority to help him double). 

My personal set on Ephraim is:

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Siegmund
  • Assist: Rally Def
  • Special: Moonbow
  • A-slot: Fury
  • B-slot: Quick Riposte
  • C-slot: Hone Spd
Spoiler

I gave him the Assist and C skills that I did so that he can give 3 buffs at once to Nino (since Siegmund comes with a built-in Hone Atk 2) and let her destroy everything. However, his natural Threaten Def is fine for a C-skill, and for his assist skill, if I weren't using him for Nino I'd probably give him Swap or Reposition. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I definitely prefer speedy glass cannons, but to each their own haha

Fury's actually a solid skill on him (though I think giving him QR or Swordbreaker first is the priority to help him double). 

My personal set on Ephraim is:

Hide contents
  • Weapon: Siegmund
  • Assist: Rally Def
  • Special: Moonbow
  • A-slot: Fury
  • B-slot: Quick Riposte
  • C-slot: Hone Spd
  Hide contents

I gave him the Assist and C skills that I did so that he can give 3 buffs at once to Nino (since Siegmund comes with a built-in Hone Atk 2) and let her destroy everything. However, his natural Threaten Def is fine for a C-skill, and for his assist skill, if I weren't using him for Nino I'd probably give him Swap or Reposition. 

Yeah, since I don't have a Nino and would prefer to use someone else with him anyway, I'll probably go for something slightly different. Quick Reposte is a definite since Freddy has no room for it. Fury probably will be too. But I'll keep Threaten Def in the C slot for now. Swap or Reposition for the assist skill sounds good too.

1 minute ago, OKigen said:

Thanks to this banner I now got my 4th 5* Reinhardt (and a +atk at last). Now gonna put all of them on defense to see if he's good as they say he is.

Make sure you take a picture off yourself using all 4 in the arena LOL

4 minutes ago, Luchi said:

Reveal hidden contents

eoAvkzo.png

Finally got this bad boy. And he is +ATK/-SPD to boot as well. Guess he'll become my first promoted 5*. >:D Sorry, M!Robin...

Wow you got the best nature!

Congratulertions!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Make sure you take a picture off yourself using all 4 in the arena LOL

Will do. 

Really they should have option to put on costume or something. I'm leveling up all four of them but can't remember who is the +atk one '__'

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Y'know, for some reason it makes me happy that you really like Ephraim. Yay for getting him :D 

I got one, too, fairly recently, and he's been having fun destroying things. He and Lukas seem to compete to win my affections xD 

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Joking with your friends about actually getting someone you want as if you'll never get it works, too. A friend of mine got a 4 red, 1 blue set and I joked that the blue would be a 5-star Reinhardt.

It was a 5-star Reinhardt.

Can confirm. Was hoping to get Bunny Camilla and Lucina, and joked that with my luck, I'd get Hector and Linde before I got them.

I got Hector and Linde, but no bunnies.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe, my Ephraim is -Atk, too.  I think he's still usable, just not ideal.  I have to run lots of -Atk units in Arena, just because I got to work with what I've got.  Good team synergy will help more than ideal natures.

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Y'know, for some reason it makes me happy that you really like Ephraim. Yay for getting him :D 

I got one, too, fairly recently, and he's been having fun destroying things. He and Lukas seem to compete to win my affections xD 

Yep, YAY!!

And awesome! Glad you like him too!

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, my Ephraim is -Atk, too.  I think he's still usable, just not ideal.  I have to run lots of -Atk units in Arena, just because I got to work with what I've got.  Good team synergy will help more than ideal natures.

Yeah, you're probably right that synergy is a bit more important.

And according to MaskedAmpharos's calculations above, this Ephraim will do fine anyway. :D Thanks @MaskedAmpharos!

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I pulled from Famiy Bonds and got Ephraim and Eirika in the same pull. Good times.

Congrats, @Anacybele

Lucky!  I had no luck during the Banner getting the Twins, but I did get Julia and Seliph.  I later got both Eirika and Ephraim, though.  Ephraim was -Atk (TM), but Eirika had a decent nature, at least.

I find it odd that there are zero Elibe characters in the Zephiel Banner.  I thought they might have Hector in there as a bit of a joke.

I'm not really motivated to Pull on this one.  I've already got 4* versions of all four guys.  I'm not sure how Hana is supposed to be good in this fight.  Her Atk is decent, but she doesn't have an armorslayer, and she will get murdered by Armor and Mage alike.

I'm tempted to Pull again on the Alm Banner, but I've got Faye -Atk (TM) and Alm, and no Bonus percentage.  I'm thinking that if I do Pull, they'll go and release a Tellius Banner next week, and I'll have no Orbs.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I find it odd that there are zero Elibe characters in the Zephiel Banner.  I thought they might have Hector in there as a bit of a joke.

I'm not really motivated to Pull on this one.  I've already got 4* versions of all four guys.  I'm not sure how Hana is supposed to be good in this fight.  Her Atk is decent, but she doesn't have an armorslayer, and she will get murdered by Armor and Mage alike.

But she does...

My luck is coming back to haunt me, though. I haven't pulled a 5* yet from World of Shadows and I'm hoping I can still do another summoning session before it ends. IS pls.

No Elibe is surprising too. Could have been a pretty convenient way to shoehorn Roy in for thematic purposes and Shanna for Desperation fodder.

@Rezzy this is the part where I convince you not to spend your orbs eh?

Instead I'll ask you; how was your day?

Spoiler

JK Don't pull Rezzy! Believe in yourself! Don't let the orbs call your name! Resist the devil, and he will flee from you!

Spoiler

Sometimes ya gotta learn how to stop y'know? ;-;