1 minute ago, Lucıůs said:

I was losing hope on the World of Radiance banner because I didn't really get some of the focus units on my first few pulls. So I squeezed out all of the free orbs I could get just to get to 20 orbs and thought, "IT'S EITHER THE IKE WAY OR HIGH WAY". Took the risk and...

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2017-04-28-00-52-41.thumb.png.e73a1e4e0cfcb410e8704056d785ae39.png

I DIED FOR A LITTLE. AND THEN GOT RESURRECTED, AND THEN DIED AGAIN. I swear to Elimine, this game sometimes... just leaves me overwhelmed. Sheesh. Okay seems like I won't uninstall this game yet, I have my duties to fulfill! 

Btw his natures are +Hp/-res, and thank the heavens his atk remains neutral. 

Congrats! It seems like your belief paid off in the end. I had the same feeling when I got a last minute Ninian during the final hour of her banner. Didn't have an increased chance but just went yolo with 20 orbs. So yeah, I can imagine the feeling definitely.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kiran said:

The OP banner is open until May 8th, while Ike stays until May 15th. So you can go back to Ike banner afterwards if you want. 

As an F2P player with currently 16 orbs before logging in today, I definitely have to be careful in making these choices.

Do they have any new quests today? Is the daily-2-orbs still up? How many orbs would I be getting next month?

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Draug because Wall of Fire. Zephiel because Wall of Fire. Gwendolyn because Wall of Fire. Effie (once I get a better nature) because Wall of Fire. Sheena because Wall of Fire. Hector because Wall of Fire.

That's all 7 of my total career Hectors, but I'm almost certainly going to have more before this banner is over.

Considering putting it on my +10 Lucina [+Atk, -Res] along with Vantage because my +10 Lucina [+Spd, -Res] is currently running Fury and Desperation.

Considering putting it on a Titania whenever I get around to getting one because she actually makes a really good Reinhardt (and any other blue mage) counter killer.

Everyone else off the top of my head (other than the Flying Wall of Fire and Sharp Things members) already gets Distant Counter from their weapon.

Titania sounds like a better option than Lucina, given that the latter's biggest threat is a -breaker skill, and bulky blue melee is A Thing.

Still, that's a lot of Wall of Fire and Sharp Things.  If you ever finish it, will you make that your arena team? :P:

Just now, Lyrai said:

As an F2P player with currently 16 orbs before logging in today, I definitely have to be careful in making these choices.

Do they have any new quests today? Is the daily-2-orbs still up? How many orbs would I be getting next month?

I. . .do not care about such things. It usually takes care of itself, somehow.  I have faith that Heroes will continue their relatively sane orb choices, which will allow me more pulls in the future!

Just. . .give me at least one pull of the OP banner!

Just now, Lyrai said:

9 orbs from the May monthly. 2 from daily. Maybe even voting gauntlet 20 orbs if we are lucky. And some other quests probably as well. 

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Titania sounds like a better option than Lucina, given that the latter's biggest threat is a -breaker skill, and bulky blue melee is A Thing.

Still, that's a lot of Wall of Fire and Sharp Things.  If you ever finish it, will you make that your arena team? :P:

I. . .do not care about such things. It usually takes care of itself, somehow.  I have faith that Heroes will continue their relatively sane orb choices, which will allow me more pulls in the future!

Anyone you're hoping for in particular?

Meanwhile I got Azura and Hector. Azura is +Spd/-Res which is simply amazing. Shame that I'm kind of set on using Ninian, but I'll take it. Hector was +Hp/-Atk, but hey, it's Hector. Free Distant Counter fodder in worst case, which isn't too shabby. 

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Meanwhile I got Azura and Hector. Azura is +Spd/-Res which is simply amazing. Shame that I'm kind of set on using Ninian, but I'll take it. Hector was +Hp/-Atk, but hey, it's Hector. Free Distant Counter fodder in worst case, which isn't too shabby. 

Literally anyone.  Ryoma can be merged/used for Defiant Atk fodder, Hector's a new unit, and Takumi/Azura are for. . .an idea.

3 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Congrats! It seems like your belief paid off in the end. I had the same feeling when I got a last minute Ninian during the final hour of her banner. Didn't have an increased chance but just went yolo with 20 orbs. So yeah, I can imagine the feeling definitely.

Much obliged! And yes, having a strong faith and positive outlook is always rewarding, for me at least. Also, I have this kind of practice where I strive to get at least 1 unit from a banner so Ike appearing was really more than what I had hoped for. Now that it's all good, I have to start from square one again and rack up orbs for what's in store in the future (still hoping to they'll release a costume for Lucius wielding a Tome!).

Congratulations on your Ninian, you deserve it! She's absolutely lovely, too. Cheers!

10 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

The only other ranged characters I've been using are M!Robin and Kagero. Robin could probably use it, but I've got Kagero planned out.

Close Counter isn't that good on either of those anyway, since they like Triangle Adept and Life and Death respectively. Maybe you could just merge then.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Close Counter isn't that good on either of those anyway, since they like Triangle Adept and Life and Death respectively. Maybe you could just merge then.

That's what I'm thinking. I've had Takumi since day one and he hasn't failed me yet. He deserves the same amount of effort I'm putting into Roy, who I'm so happy I got DC for and now I just need a better base Roy.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I just don't want to fall into a trap where I can only weep as my orbs fail to reach 20 before the banner ends.
I hope you're right, though. :>_<:

14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

9 orbs from the May monthly. 2 from daily. Maybe even voting gauntlet 20 orbs if we are lucky. And some other quests probably as well. 

Thank you, Kiran. Well, I better pray to get just one focus from these two banners... I've been having bad luck of not even getting a 5 star these days. :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

In the new banner, I need either Azura or Ninian. I have my very own +SPD / - RES Hector. But if I can get another Hector, I want to try giving his Distant Counter to my 5* Eliwood, turning him into a mage slayer both offensively and defensively.

In the Radiant banner, I don't really need them, but I want the new characters on my collection. Ike would be really nice.

All I need to do is decide between the two... whether I look for meta heroes, or my wanted heroes. Tough choices.

Edited by Lyrai

I gave in and bought some orbs using a gift card that I had lying around. Got a 5*....but not the one I wanted. Got  neutral Karel :/ If it was any other banner, I would have been happy. 

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Robins do perfectly fine with Close Counter due to having good Def and enough Spd to not get double attacked by too many things. You can always run a Weaponbreaker instead of Quick Riposte if you have specific targets in mind that would otherwise be double attacking.

I've found Triangle Adept to be mostly unnecessary on male Robin for the time I fielded him. Among sword users, only Lucina and Ryoma have the Atk and Spd to force their way through him and even then only with Moonbow as their special skill.

I think Merric is also a good choice due to his Spd and Def. Close Counter would let him kill blue fliers on the counterattack. Other than that, the physically bulky colorless units would probably also work, such as Gordin (not Brave Bow) and Saizo.

Okay, I'm going to sleep for real this time.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Robins do perfectly fine with Close Counter due to having good Def and enough Spd to not get double attacked by too many things. You can always run a Weaponbreaker instead of Quick Riposte if you have specific targets in mind that would otherwise be double attacking.

I've found Triangle Adept to be mostly unnecessary on male Robin for the time I fielded him. Among sword users, only Lucina and Ryoma have the Atk and Spd to force their way through him and even then only with Moonbow as their special skill.

I think Merric is also a good choice due to his Spd and Def. Close Counter would let him kill blue fliers on the counterattack. Other than that, the physically bulky colorless units would probably also work, such as Gordin (not Brave Bow) and Saizo.

The TA also applies to Colorless enemies, which I think is the more valuable target.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Literally anyone.  Ryoma can be merged/used for Defiant Atk fodder, Hector's a new unit, and Takumi/Azura are for. . .an idea.

An idea? Sounds interesting, but I'm guessing you'll keep that plan top secret until you're ready to unleash it on the world.

11 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Much obliged! And yes, having a strong faith and positive outlook is always rewarding, for me at least. Also, I have this kind of practice where I strive to get at least 1 unit from a banner so Ike appearing was really more than what I had hoped for. Now that it's all good, I have to start from square one again and rack up orbs for what's in store in the future (still hoping to they'll release a costume for Lucius wielding a Tome!).

Congratulations on your Ninian, you deserve it! She's absolutely lovely, too. Cheers!

Yeah, I feel like strong faith somehow works out for me in the end. I know it doesn't work for everyone, and some will be disappointed by clinging onto that hope, but I've been one of the few to be really fortunate instead. Either way, I'm glad that you finally got Ike! He's a really popular unit and we've all waited ages for him. It's nice that you managed to get him, as it'd be a shame to not do so after all that time waiting. And thank you! She definitely is lovely, and is now a staple of my main dragon team. Your Ike is definitely cool too, and I hope he serves you well in future battles!

11 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I just don't want to fall into a trap where I can only weep as my orbs fail to reach 20 before the banner ends.
I hope you're right, though. :>_<:

Thank you, Kiran. Well, I better pray to get just one focus from these two banners... I've been having bad luck of not even getting a 5 star these days. :unsure:

In the new banner, I need either Azura or Ninian. I have my very own +SPD / - RES Hector. But if I can get another Hector, I want to try giving his Distant Counter to my 5* Eliwood, turning him into a mage slayer both offensively and defensively.

In the Radiant banner, I don't really need them, but I want the new characters on my collection. Ike would be really nice.

I can always admire people that are willing to give Eliwood the time of day. I feel like he deserves more love, and I'm certainly glad that you're willing to even give Distant Counter to him! And yeah, his high Res does make him very good at tanking mages, so it's actually not a bad idea all things considered. Either way, I hope you get either Azura or Ninian. 5% is not bad at all, so here's me praying for your fortunate pulls!

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Have a goodnight!

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The TA also applies to Colorless enemies, which I think is the more valuable target.

I think Kagero and Fury and Life and Death variants of the top non-Brave archers are the only colorless units capable of breaking through Robin without Triangle Adept.

I swear I'm actually going to sleep this time.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think Kagero and Fury and Life and Death variants of the top non-Brave archers are the only colorless units capable of breaking through Robin without Triangle Adept.

Hmm, you're prolly right. I'll do calcs tomorrow I guess. We both need sleep.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmm, you're prolly right. I'll do calcs tomorrow I guess. We both need sleep.

Goodnight to both of you then!

Also I'm tempted to slightly whale on this banner. I know I shouldn't, but it's so good. It lasts long enough that my self-restraint probably won't be enough to keep me from doing it. Expect me doing tons of pulls in a week or so. It wouldn't surprise me if I blew another $75 at this rate.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

15 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I can always admire people that are willing to give Eliwood the time of day. I feel like he deserves more love, and I'm certainly glad that you're willing to even give Distant Counter to him! And yeah, his high Res does make him very good at tanking mages, so it's actually not a bad idea all things considered. Either way, I hope you get either Azura or Ninian. 5% is not bad at all, so here's me praying for your fortunate pulls!

My Eliwood's been winning so many arena matches nowadays; he's been performing much better than I expected ever since bringing him in to my offense team along with my Cecilia (with Hone Cavalry) and Reindhart (with Goad Cavalry), and with Distant Counter and Swordbreaker, he'll win 90 matchups on the enemy phase and 103 matchups on the player phase.

Indeed... I will find more Hectors, and he'll make wonderful work on my team.

Oh... and uhh... Ryu, I really appreciate the encouragement. Now I know what to pull.

Edited by Lyrai

Having spent $53 for Ike and gotten a single 5* -Atk Caeda, I decided my luck couldn't possibly keep being that bad and spent another $40 hoping for Hector. Got nothing. 

I'm glad this happened, actually. I needed this run of terrible luck to force me out of buying orbs forever, so mission accomplished, I guess. 

I just increased my number of  5* pulls by 250%. (aka from 2 to 7)

Spend 180 orbs. Or 9 full rounds.

Spoiler

bRHPBO8.jpg

Best part is. One of the Ryoma's is +atk and -res. The second is +spd and -HP. I wonder which is better. (the third has a poop set of IV"s)

2 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I just increased my number of  5* pulls by 250%. (aka from 2 to 7)

Spend 180 orbs. Or 9 full rounds.

Hide contents

bRHPBO8.jpg

Best part is. One of the Ryoma's is +atk and -res. The second is +spd and -HP. I wonder which is better. (the third has a poop set of IV"s)

Holy heck! I got one in 140 orbs!

Had a little bit better luck trying to pull Hector than I did Ike, getting him within the first four summons:

ROvwjnD.png

Plus a Nowi for my trouble!  Hector is +Def/-Hp, and Nowi is the opposite at +Hp/-Def.  Haven't decided yet if I want to continue pulling for Azura or Takumi.