4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Finally checked my new Reinhardt's bane and boon and he's +def, -HP. Not the best, but definitely not the worst either!

Doesn't shank his most important stat (Atk), and +Def means that he can attempt to tank low-MT swordies.  Congratulations~!

So, I managed two pulls, bumping my total units to 184.

Spoiler

z3JEuEF.jpg

First pull was courtesy of my mom.  Thanks mom, you're the best~!

Boons/banes:

Spoiler

Nowi (+Spd/-Def): May need to do another build besides Swordbreaker, since I'm not sure if she's bulky enough for that.  Still, not bad for my first Nowi~!
Frederick (+Atk/-HP): Current Freddy is +Atk/-Def.  Talk about decisions!  Will probably use this one for fodder, since the extra HP is slightly more welcome against mages.  If I pull a +Atk/-Res, I do a happy dance.
Beruka (+Spd/-Atk): Uhhh. . .I hear Setsuna might like Glimmer. . .
Tiki (+Spd/-HP): Fortunately, there's a giant pile of units that want Bonfire.
Donnel (+Res/-Def): This is Sharena, who traded some Speed for bulk.  Unfortunately, that missing 3 Speed is kind of vital.  He could function nicely with Fury, maybe?

Lon'qu (+Def/-Spd): While 25 Def/Res is funny, 29 base Atk isn't.  Now, who likes Vantage?
Shanna (+HP/-Spd): Someone's getting Desperation.
Merric (+Spd/-Def): Thanks to that boon/bane, he's pretty frail.  Thinking about LaD on him, since he's not going to survive much anyway, and 40 Speed should make most things hesitate.
Lukas (+Atk/-Def): This is the exact same Lukas I pulled earlier. . .not that I'm complaining!  Perhaps I'll get a Brave Lance+ one day, to make my terrible idea come true~!
Setsuna (+Atk/-Spd): Hello there +Spd/-HP Virion!  I'm tempted to run her as-is.

VERY interesting boon/bane combos all around.  New units look competent, too.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Doesn't shank his most important stat (Atk), and +Def means that he can attempt to tank low-MT swordies.  Congratulations~!

I dunno, the -HP might actually negate that. But I could take Robin's HP+3 seal and stick it on Reiny and see if that helps!

Also, you should use the new Freddy you got over the old one! Freddy NEVER wants to be -def or -atk, those are his most important and best stats. Did you know he has the best base attack and def of all cavalry in the game?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I dunno, the -HP might actually negate that. But I could take Robin's HP+3 seal and stick it on Reiny and see if that helps!

Also, you should use the new Freddy you got over the old one! Freddy NEVER wants to be -def or -atk, those are his most important and best stats. Did you know he has the best base attack and def of all cavalry in the game?

Rein's naturally slow.  He's going to eat a double attack, unless he's facing someone like Beruka.  I'll attempt some math:

d = Defense
h = HP
a = enemy's Attack

A perfectly neutral Rein will use this (simplified) damage formula:

h = 2(a - d)
h = 2a - 2d

With +Def/-HP, Rein has +3 Defense and -4 HP.  By plugging in the appropriate numbers, we get the following:

h - 4 = 2(a - (d + 3))
h - 4 = 2a - 2d + 6
h = 2a - 2d + 2

It's an ever-so-slight increase in survivability.  I'm not sure if it will make a difference in the grand scheme of things.  However, part of the fun of Heroes is experimenting!  If you need a red unit that deals a certain amount of damage, replay one of the story chapters!

As for Frederick, I'd need to level him again.  I also miss out on Luna, which is something that my Jakob desperately needs.  WHY must Frederick have such amazing skill inheritance?!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Rein's naturally slow.  He's going to eat a double attack, unless he's facing someone like Beruka.  I'll attempt some math:

d = Defense
h = HP
a = enemy's Attack

A perfectly neutral Rein will use this (simplified) damage formula:

h = 2(a - d)
h = 2a - 2d

With +Def/-HP, Rein has +3 Defense and -4 HP.  By plugging in the appropriate numbers, we get the following:

h - 4 = 2(a - (d + 3))
h - 4 = 2a - 2d + 6
h = 2a - 2d + 2

It's an ever-so-slight increase in survivability.  I'm not sure if it will make a difference in the grand scheme of things.  However, part of the fun of Heroes is experimenting!  If you need a red unit that deals a certain amount of damage, replay one of the story chapters!

As for Frederick, I'd need to level him again.  I also miss out on Luna, which is something that my Jakob desperately needs.  WHY must Frederick have such amazing skill inheritance?!

Ah, I see, I see. That could help in some cases I guess, though yeah, it won't make a big difference. :P

Freddy is too awesome not to have a good skill set. <3 lol

Did a couple of pulls to see if I could finally get Klein or Hinoka. Klein never showed up, even his 4* version, but I got a +Atk/-Def Hinoka as well as my second Olwen who's probably going to be merged into my first one.

Really glad I finally got Hinoka. Too bad I don't have a S!Camilla to abuse flier emblem, but I think my Brave Axe+ Cherche and my Cordelia will appreciate being buffed by Hone Fliers. I can make a horse emblem team by giving Olwen Blarblade, however.

3 hours ago, azurrys said:

Haha, I checked my old sessions and she didn't actually appear in any impactful ones either. Maybe she's new to the position? Perhaps her being around for your first 5* was a portent. (And congrats, it's great that they've been useful! My first 5* was Ogma and I ditched him by the wayside weeks ago LOL.)

Well, +Att M!Robin in the time when Takumi was the biggest threat in the meta is always going to have an impact.

Also, will pull when I've finally managed to get the quests. Which will take time, I'm already on the way with 10th stratum.

Decided to try for Klein now that he is a focus again...

Get 5* Jacob instead

Haha, can't complaint, since is a 5* !!!

Also, I closed session since it was the only white orb, started a new one, no white orbs, I try with a blue orb...

4* Odin

Well, 10 orbs, and this was what I got. Oh well, I hope a Klein come to me when Innes get in the game and I start using my orbs in only white ones!!

With the extra orbs from the gauntlet, did more pulls:

3* Lon'qu

4* Robin

4* Male Corrin

4* Fir

3* Laslow

3* Gwendolyn

3* Frederick

'Tis simply too much to ask, to get another 5* any time soon.  I will just count my blessings that I have still not run into Peri or Tharja.

Edited by mewyeon

3 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Well... I pulled a Celica. 

And the @Rezzy curse continues (+SPD/-ATK). Why is it a Rezzy curse though? 

Have you not heard tales of my horde of -Atk 5*s?

It's hard to keep track of all of them, since I've merged or used for skill inheritance several of them, but if I remember correctly, my -Atk 5*s include...

Camilla

Baby Tiki

Titania

Lyn*

Abel*

Seliph*

Effie*

Effie (again)*

Olwen*

Julia*

Soren*

Ephraim

Spring Camilla

Faye

Rebecca

Takumi

Ogma

Clair

Chrom*

Corrin XY*

Spring Lucina

Reinhardt*

Cain

A * denotes a unit that was merged or used for skill inheritance, so I no longer have them, but Pulled.  There may be someone out there with a greater blessing of -Atks, but I think my luck has transcended into godhood.  I think I got all of them on that list, but I may have forgotten some.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Have you not heard tales of my horde of -Atk 5*s?

It's hard to keep track of all of them, since I've merged or used for skill inheritance several of them, but if I remember correctly, my -Atk 5*s include...

Camilla

Baby Tiki

Titania

Lyn*

Abel*

Seliph*

Effie*

Effie (again)*

Olwen*

Julia*

Soren*

Ephraim

Spring Camilla

Faye

Rebecca

Takumi

Ogma

Clair

Chrom*

Corrin XY*

Spring Lucina

Reinhardt*

Cain

A * denotes a unit that was merged or used for skill inheritance, so I no longer have them, but Pulled.  There may be someone out there with a greater blessing of -Atks, but I think my luck has transcended into godhood.  I think I got all of them on that list, but I may have forgotten some.

Gods. that... sucks...

My -atks: Takumi, Camilla, Rebecca, Raven, Celica... Takumi was my first 5* too. lol not even a day in and the -Rezzy curse started.

For me, it's mostly just bad IV's. Only my Cordelia, Abel and Leo to a degree have gotten away unscathed by it. Jaffar got the worst of it though. He's +HP/-SPD... Same with Seliph... I'm gonna get some 5*'s through promotion instead... 

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Gods. that... sucks...

My -atks: Takumi, Camilla, Rebecca, Raven, Celica... Takumi was my first 5* too. lol not even a day in and the -Rezzy curse started.

For me, it's mostly just bad IV's. Only my Cordelia, Abel and Leo to a degree have gotten away unscathed by it. Jaffar got the worst of it though. He's +HP/-SPD... Same with Seliph... I'm gonna get some 5*'s through promotion instead... 

Yeah, I've got lots of -Spd, too.  I could probably count on one hand the amount of 5*s with good IVs, if you don't count the ones I've promoted.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I've got lots of -Spd, too.  I could probably count on one hand the amount of 5*s with good IVs, if you don't count the ones I've promoted.

I hear ya. 

Though, i'll admit the +res on my takumi has been a great thing.

My dad however, pulls amazing things... he pulled a 4* effie, +atk/-spd the other day... 

I decided to plop my ~40 orbs into trying to summon Ninian or Hinoka. No Ninian, but I did pull a 5* Clair, and 2 Hinoka's! This is the first time I've had 2 of the same 5* characters! I don't know whether I want to merge them, or to use one for SI! Probably SI. But now I have Hone Flyers for Flyer Emblem!

Edited by Astellius

10 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Looks like 2AM is my lucky time, both are +ATK -SPD

I see you have unlocked your true potential as a Summoner and found your peak time as well. Join me in stealing everyone's 5*s at the fated time.

-Spd on Celica actually doesn't hurt that much if she's +Atk, if you give her Life and Death (or Swift Sparrow). It's still 40 Spd at full health, which is usually more than enough for most enemies.

My mom recently gave the game a try, and she's had SUCH amazing luck, getting pulls I've been dying for. She's gotten 2 Kleins, 2 Julias, 2 Seliphs, a Ninian, and a Sanaki in her first few pulls. I'm tempted to have her try and pull Boey for me at this rate. :V

Tried to get another Ninian there and ended up with 5* Maria (+hp/-res), Merric (neutral), and Linde (neutral). Pretty happy I got Maria, she's one of the three healers I wanted out of her, Priscilla, and Elise.

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I see you have unlocked your true potential as a Summoner and found your peak time as well. Join me in stealing everyone's 5*s at the fated time.

-Spd on Celica actually doesn't hurt that much if she's +Atk, if you give her Life and Death (or Swift Sparrow). It's still 40 Spd at full health, which is usually more than enough for most enemies.

Yep, I shall

Thanks for the tip, I'll give her Life and Death.

Pulls #63, #64 and #65:

Spoiler

zpNlrBd.png

wqFejLj.png

TGwXBU0.png

Jeorge is nice. But then I get a second Ogma to completely reset the banner. That's it, I'm done with this banner. It's obvious the game doesn't want to have any of its characters. At least this Ogma is replacing my previous one, thanks to his +Atk/-Res nature.

+Spd -Def Mae. Oh boy. I don't know if I should feel happy or scared. Either way, happy to have my bundle of energy with me.

I wanna see what happens when I give her Life and Death. I'm laughing at the thought that Mae will end up with 7 Def after I do so.

Used my last 40 orbs and got a *5 Takumi (+Spd, -Def) and a *5 Hinoka (+Spd, -Atk) just in time to grind out the flyer quest for the 10th stratum. Couldn't have done it without her.

Now the only quest left is the uncompletable 10th stratum armor quest that is literally impossible since I only have 2 Braugs. Until the end of the month it will just sit there... taunting me....

Spent about 20 Orbs on the Weapon Triangle banner in hopes of pulling Azura or a 5* Cecilia. Unfortunately, all I got are an Est (feather fodder) and a bunch of Freds.