2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elise has top priority, once I figure out how I want to build her. I'll probably hang onto the other one until Laura or Rena is added, hoping that they have decent combat stats.

I feel like that's not gonna happen for quite a while...

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I feel like that's not gonna happen for quite a while...

Laura's got some chances, at least, of being added in the not-as-distant future since I'm predicting she'll come with Micaiah in a Dawn Brigade banner (since it wouldn't make sense to leave out any of the 5 core members for a 4-character banner).

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Laura's got some chances, at least, of being added in the not-as-distant future since I'm predicting she'll come with Micaiah in a Dawn Brigade banner (since it wouldn't make sense to leave out any of the 5 core members for a 4-character banner).

Here comes Meg...

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's kind of a pity that someone with Laura's stats ended up being a level 1 in a staff locked class. 70/70 growths and she can't even use it unless you poison abuse to grind her or something. (Moreover, her heavily biased growths in RD means that it's very easy to raise her other stats via bonus exp gaming too.)

Seriously, give Micaiah those stats and she probably would've broke the game open.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Here comes Meg...

Another absurdly fast sword armor (but at least this one has an existent Res stat)? I'd rather take Fiona (mixed bulk lance cavalry?).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Another absurdly fast sword armor (but at least this one has an existent Res stat)? I'd rather take Fiona (mixed bulk lance cavalry?).

I don't think it's really possible for her to be better than Zephiel, is it?

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think it's really possible for her to be better than Zephiel, is it?

Zephiel is almost as min-maxed as an armor could be, so that'll be hard.

But a Draug-lite would fulfill a completely different niche. (Draug, for example, can run a Bonfire Brave-Sword set off the back of his tremendous speed and def to 1RKO people, while being a brick wall on defense. Fury 3, Bonfire, +Spd has 64 wins on offense, which is below average, but is also so tanky that only 5 units kill him on defense.)

If we have a Dawn Brigade banner it would likely be Micaiah/Sothe/Edward/Nolan or Edward/Leonardo.

Considering Laura and Aran join after the fact I don't see how they would be picked over the initial members. Though maybe that's just me hoping they wouldn't punch Edward in the face when he's a core member and one of the first 2 characters you get.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Micaiah/Sothe/Edward/Nolan

Yeah, this pretty much is my prediction for the Dawn Brigade banner, if we get four characters as usual.
If we get six (as with FE7’s banner) then Leonardo joins the squad for sure, and the sixth might even turn out to be Laura… but this will mean three greys.

Three greys is almost FE7 banner-grade of colour distribution fail (FE7 banner had four greys! Priscilla, Lucius, Rebecca, and Jaffar).

Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, Nolan, Leonardo, Meg, Fiona, Aran, Laura.

Decent enough pool with a semblance of balance. Micaiah is probably a tanky Blue so that makes 2 Red, 3 Blue, 1 Green and 3 Colorless. Cut out one of those for 2 banners of 4.

13 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I think that's the third -atk/+hp Minerva on this forum. (I have one, and I recall someone else saying they pulled one.)

2-3 of my 5* units are -atk +hp (ive 5-7 in total so its more than  I personally would like :( lol)

Since the Rite of Shadows banner is ending shortly, I should probably post my last couple attempts at it.

Round 41 Pulls

Spoiler

Round 41 [Rite of Shadows]: 3* Frederick [+HP, -Spd]  || 3* Shanna [+Spd, -Atk] || 4* Clarine [+Res, -Atk] || 4* Niles [+Def, -Spd] || 3* Subaki [+Atk, -Def]

Alas, 'twas another swing and a miss when it comes to banner units.  Still, this summoning session wasn't too bad.

• First of all, I'm quite happy with this Clarine.  I was training up a 3* +Def variant on the side, but I'll probably use this one instead, since 2k feathers > some extra SP on a healer.
  • This Frederick also looks quite usable.  Neither Frederick I have is particularly amazing (my other one is +Def, -HP), but this one seems a tiny bit more useful.
  • +Atk is quite a nice thing to have on a Subaki... Unfortunately, -Def is one of the worst things he could be stuck with, so this one probably isn't worth the time investment.  Still, Quick Riposte/Swap fodder is always appreciated.
  • Likewise, Shanna and Niles have fairly crap natures, but I'm not too discriminating about natures on my Desperation/Iceberg fodder.

Round 42 Pulls

Spoiler

Round 42 [Rite of Shadows]: 3* Serra [+Spd, -Atk] || 3* Est [+Res, -HP] || 3* Nino [+Def, -Atk] || 4* Camilla [+Atk, -HP] || 3* Eliwood [+Atk, -Spd]

Finally... Given how often Serra and Eliwood showed up in my re-roll attempts, I'm amazed it took more than 40 pulls for them to arrive on my main account.  Now Selena (and Raigh if you don't count the 2* freebie) is the only 3* unit I am missing.

• At least it was worth the wait with Serra, as she is my first healer with the "perfect" boon/bane combo.  This combo does make Absorb even more useless (which is saying a lot), but you can't win them all.
  • I'm a little less rosy on this Eliwood.  On one hand, +Atk means that he hits like a truck, especially if I'm crazy enough to give him Durandel at some point.  On the other hand, -Spd means that he also moves about as quickly as a well-laden truck, which is probably not something he can afford.  Still, we'll see how this turns out in practice.
  • Speaking of perfection, my lady Camilla decided to grace me with her presence once again.  Unfortunately, my Arena mainstay Camilla has this exact same (flawless) nature.  Regardless, if I ever have 20k spare feathers, you'd best believe I will use this one as merge fodder.
  • Kinda an underwhelming Est... This one isn't -Atk though, which I guess makes it the best Est I have ever pulled...
  • Finally, I was super stoked when I saw I had finally pulled a second Nino, as I really would like a +Spd variant.  Alas, what I got instead was possibly the most laughably bad nature I have seen since +Atk, -HP Azama.  I guess regardless of whether she is working for good or ill, Nino always tries her best!  No, I am not proud of that.

So, that's it for me and Rite of Shadows.  If any other banner were coming up next, I would spend a few bucks so that my 4% rate doesn't go to waste.  Alas, another batch of limited availability units are upon us, meaning all my orbs for the next two weeks are dedicated to the quest for blissful matrimony.

This also means that this is the first main banner since Family Bonds where I failed to pull one of the focus units, but I guess since I haven't even reached Celica's part yet in Echoes, life is just imitating art :P:

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to reaching my attachment limit, all the pretty summoning pictures will be stored here: http://imgur.com/a/Ftyat

The Wedding banner was announced.... And boy is it frustrating I still have a percentage on Rite of Shadows! (I mean, Wind Boost, Rally A/S, Lyn's entire setup.... Oh my word)

2 Red, 3 Blue (WHY SO MANY BLUES? :( )

3* Raigh (Dupe, been a while), 4* Henry (DASH MY HOPES, WILL Y-)

Decided to reroll.... And that became 3 Blue and 1 each of Red and Green. Least I know what I'm picking

3* Olivia (OH COME ON-), 3* Frederick (OH LOOK A DUPE I NEVER DUPED BEFORE!)

THAT 9.5 PERCENT IS LAUGHING AT ME. AND I HAVE 3 ORBS SO NO POINT RIGHT?

Well games back up, I decided to try one more time for Boey on the Rite of Shadows banner. I was totally prepared to snipe all the greens I could. 

First roll no green orbs, but two reds... fine I do want Celica. I opened the reds and got a 4* Stahl and 3* Eliwood. 

Second Roll four reds and a colorless. I open one red for a 4* Corrin who I will not say no too. I did not have him yet. 

Final roll. I've only got six orbs left and STILL NO GREEN WHY GAME??? But one red AND I GOT CELICA!! Summoning adventure redeemed!!

She is +def/-spd!

I am still tragically Boey-less. I guess I'll just have to fish for him once he gets demoted in rarity. :P

Edited by DarkLordIvy

1 hour ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Well games back up, I decided to try one more time for Boey on the Rite of Shadows banner. I was totally prepared to snipe all the greens I could. 

First roll no green orbs, but two reds... fine I do want Celica. I opened the reds and got a 4* Stahl and 3* Eliwood. 

Second Roll four reds and a colorless. I open one red for a 4* Corrin who I will not say no too. I did not have him yet. 

Final roll. I've only got six orbs left and STILL NO GREEN WHY GAME??? But one red AND I GOT CELICA!! Summoning adventure redeemed!!

She is +def/-spd!

I am still tragically Boey-less. I guess I'll just have to fish for him once he gets demoted in rarity. :P

Renewal fodder versus Desperation fodder. If IS wants to play the metagame game, Boey will be demoted.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Renewal fodder versus Desperation fodder. If IS wants to play the metagame game, Boey will be demoted.

Honestly I wouldn't be all that surprised if both Boey and Mae get demoted, but I see your point. 

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Shanna is more common than Fae, though.

Unless by metagame game you meant making it easier for us to get level 3 skills.

Edit: Can't wait for more 5* only healers to wreck any chances of pulling decent units from colorless.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Unless by metagame game you meant making it easier for us to get level 3 skills.

Edit: Can't wait for more 5* only healers to wreck any chances of pulling decent units from colorless.

RIP any hope of getting Jaffar and any more Kageros. 

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, making it easier for us to get Desperation- something rather coveted. At least more coveted than Renewal.

16 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Honestly I wouldn't be all that surprised if both Boey and Mae get demoted, but I see your point. 

It's a battle for Boey, Mae and Genny for which one stays 5* exclusive. Genny has Wrathful Staff and Mae has Blue Tome Experience- a terrible skill, but a from a skill family that has never left 5* exclusivity before.

Also, I'm suspecting Desperation and Renewal will become minor skills because both Soren and Titania kept their new skills as majors, so Boey and/or Mae will likely do the same.

Again, this is all assuming trends continue.