2 hours ago, KongDude said:

Having Dire Thunder brings her down 29 speed, which isn't really reliable for doubling. So, just make sure you can boost that with Hone Cav and Goad Cav for Desperation to be useful.

Which means Life and Death and Hone Cavalry bring her back up to 40, which is plenty enough to put Desperation to work.

@Frosty Blarblade is probably better in your case because the -Atk is painful to make work with Dire Thunder.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Which means Life and Death and Hone Cavalry bring her back up to 40, which is plenty enough to put Desperation to work.

@Frosty Blarblade is probably better in your case because the -Atk is painful to make work with Dire Thunder.

What proc skill shall she be possessing?

Moonbow? Draconic Aura?

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

What proc skill shall she be possessing?

Moonbow? Draconic Aura?

With Blarblade, it doesn't really matter. I've never found myself in a situation where the special skill mattered with Litrblade except when attacking at weapon triangle disadvantage.

With Dire Thunder, I prefer Draconic Aura, but with only 43 Atk after Hone Cavalry, it'll only hit for 12 damage. You might be better off with Luna.

14 minutes ago, De Gea said:

I think I need to stop chasing Hector and Takumi. Neither seem to want to be mine :(

For 5* it's best to wait for them to be featured in a Banner, or just wait to be lucky.  I wouldn't spend money trying to chase an off-focus 5*, since that's setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Pulled in the tempest banner to try for a red. I got:

• 3* Hinata. Huh, about time I got another one. Fury will go to Camus
  • 4* Eirika. +Spd -Def too. Nice! She's definitely becoming my next 5* promote.

Now to save for future banners.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For 5* it's best to wait for them to be featured in a Banner, or just wait to be lucky.  I wouldn't spend money trying to chase an off-focus 5*, since that's setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Or just be like me and don't expect them. I got them whenever I least expected them. Please don't follow my advice.

Hero Fest was their latest banner, so I would expect them if another Hero Fest banner comes.

Definitely not the worst *5'less pull. Desperation 3 which refills my Shanna I just spent on Nino AND Swordbreaker 3 refilling the one I just gave to Athena. My stores are refilled. Attack +3 / Pivot is nice too and I'm sure there's someone who wants an Ignis or G-Tomebreaker. Just need a Bonfire.

Oh yeah... no real use for Rally Defense or Seal Def though, so I don't really know what to do with a 2nd *4 Oboro.

Pull 1 (June 18th): 1 red, 3 blue, 1 grey — 3⋆ Raigh (14→9), 3⋆ Gwendy (9→5);
Pull 2 (June 20th): 1 red, 2 grey, 2 blue — 3⋆ Olivia (18→13);
Pull 3 (June 20th): 2 red, 2 grey, 1 blue — 4⋆ Hinata (13→8), 3⋆ Eliwood (8→4).

⋆⋆⋆ Raigh   +HP −Atk
⋆⋆⋆ Gwendy A +Spd −HP
⋆⋆⋆ Olivia   +Res −Def
⋆⋆⋆⋆ Hinata   +HP −Def
⋆⋆⋆ Eliwood C +Atk −Def

Nothing but trash~ (and Fury fodder)

Fuck Desire Sensor. All I need is a goddamn Selena to give Lucina Reposition, and I haven't gotten a single one this banner even only summoning red and blue (and I've spent maybe 350 orbs already).

The sheer number of Eliwoods I've gotten just today, though, is astounding. I'm at 7 out of 39 at the time of this post, which is a full 18%. Ugh.

EDIT: I'm at somewhere around 400-450 orbs on this banner, still no Selena, and 4 copies of Luke eating up what was left of my box space (also a Leo and a Roderick). I'm at 500/500 and can't summon anymore.

Seriously, IS, why the fuck is box space still capped at 500?

I guess it's time to start feeding Peri.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fuck Desire Sensor. All I need is a goddamn Selena to give Lucina Reposition, and I haven't gotten a single one this banner even only summoning red and blue (and I've spent maybe 350 orbs already).

The sheer number of Eliwoods I've gotten just today, though, is astounding. I'm at 7 out of 39 at the time of this post, which is a full 18%. Ugh.

EDIT: I'm at somewhere around 400-450 orbs on this banner, still no Selena, and 4 copies of Luke eating up what was left of my box space (also a Leo and a Roderick). I'm at 500/500 and can't summon anymore.

Seriously, IS, why the fuck is box space still capped at 500?

I guess it's time to start feeding Peri.

Probably should've just waited for a green banner, to be honest. Barst is almost 2x as common as Selena. (There's 15 red 3-4*s but only 9 3-4* greens.)

And, uh, if you really wanted reposition, I guess you could've pulled greens without a focus. *Shrugg*

Edit: Also, you can probably make space by making 'skill banks' of units with tons of 'one level wonder' skills like reposition, draw back, etc. since you can inherit inherited skills. It's very inefficient since you'll use up like 3 units to make that one 'skill bank,' but it's easier to keep, say, a barst with reposition, draw back, and swap than 3 units with those skills divided between them. Costs a lot of feathers, though, considering you could've sent the 'skill bank' fodder units home.

Edited by DehNutCase

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Probably should've just waited for a green banner, to be honest. Barst is almost 2x as common as Selena. (There's 15 red 3-4*s but only 9 3-4* greens.)

And, uh, if you really wanted reposition, I guess you could've pulled greens without a focus. *Shrugg*

Contrary to popular belief, my money is not infinite, and therefore it is a waste to spend orbs on off-focus colors unless I am extremely desperate.

Regardless, Selena is a 5.04% chance from a red pull from the current banner, which is more than twice as high as any individual red focus character (and half as high as pulling a 5-star character in general). Barst is only a 8.59% chance from a green pull, which is not better by enough to forgo pulling focus characters for.

37 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Also, you can probably make space by making 'skill banks' of units with tons of 'one level wonder' skills like reposition, draw back, etc. since you can inherit inherited skills. It's very inefficient since you'll use up like 3 units to make that one 'skill bank,' but it's easier to keep, say, a barst with reposition, draw back, and swap than 3 units with those skills divided between them. Costs a lot of feathers, though, considering you could've sent the 'skill bank' fodder units home.

I literally only have 15 slots dedicated to holding skills right now. Everything else is duplicates of characters that I haven't yet picked ideal natures for or 5-star characters eating up space (currently sitting at 333 box slots used for 5-star characters).

I don't think there's that much value for me in keeping a skill bank due to the volume of characters I pull and the fact that I do spread it out over the course of the banner (typically pulling at release, then as I need skill fodder, then a final push in the last few days to fill my budget).

I do also want to have those feathers because of the absurd demand for Life and Death and Quick Riposte.

Okay so thanks to Touch ID screwing with me I accidentally bought 140 more orbs than I intended. 

Really sad about that BUT I got some good pulls

Aside from some great fodder, I got 2 5 Star Rodericks (one +Atk/-Res, one +Res/-HP), a 5 Star Ogma (-Atk rip), +Atk 4 Star Kagero, +Spd/-Def Titania, 4 Star Cordelia (+Def/-HP), and 4 Star Soren (+Res/-Atk)

Who are the best candidates to get Firesweep Lance/Drive Def, or Brave Sword+?

Edited by BurgundyBirb

4 hours ago, BurgundyBirb said:

Okay so thanks to Touch ID screwing with me I accidentally bought 140 more orbs than I intended. 

Really sad about that BUT I got some good pulls

Aside from some great fodder, I got 2 5 Star Rodericks (one +Atk/-Res, one +Res/-HP), a 5 Star Ogma (-Atk rip), +Atk 4 Star Kagero, +Spd/-Def Titania, 4 Star Cordelia (+Def/-HP), and 4 Star Soren (+Res/-Atk)

Who are the best candidates to get Firesweep Lance/Drive Def, or Brave Sword+?

Fast and strong lancers can make good use of Firesweep, with Cordelia and B!Charlotte probably being the best candidates.  With Brave Sword, you could go with some wild quad-Hana set, and if all else fails you could always give it to Alfonse lol 

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

Can you transfer Brave Sword+ and Panic Ploy at the same time?

No? Brave Sword+ and Panic Ploy 3 totals up to 5 skills. You'd need 2 Lukes or 1 Luke and another 5* red with a Brave Sword+ like Cain, Draug, or Ogma.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

No? Brave Sword+ and Panic Ploy 3 totals up to 5 skills. You'd need 2 Lukes or 1 Luke and another 5* red with a Brave Sword+ like Cain, Draug, or Ogma.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was Panic Ploy 3 or just Panic Ploy.  That makes things complicated, since Panic Ploy is one of Luke's best transferable skills.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was Panic Ploy 3 or just Panic Ploy.  That makes things complicated, since Panic Ploy is one of Luke's best transferable skills.

Luke's skill set in general is pretty good; Brave Sword, Bonfire, and Panic Ploy. Fire Boost can work, but I don't think it'll be as good on a playable Luke or unit compared to an enemy Luke with boosted stats like in Tempest Trials. Yay, the eventual next Tempest Trials... So... much... tedious suffering. ;_;

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Luke's skill set in general is pretty good; Brave Sword, Bonfire, and Panic Ploy. Fire Boost can work, but I don't think it'll be as good on a playable Luke or unit compared to an enemy Luke with boosted stats like in Tempest Trials. Yay, the eventual next Tempest Trials... So... much... tedious suffering. ;_;

Definitely agreed, although for my money, Brave Sword+ and Panic Ploy 3 are the only ones worth saccing a 5* for.

Just now, Refa said:

Definitely agreed, although for my money, Brave Sword+ and Panic Ploy 3 are the only ones worth saccing a 5* for.

Give away his Panic Ploy for now, since he's like the only unit who can pass it. There's always Draug and Ogma for passing Brave Sword.