35 minutes ago, Zeo said:

HOLY-

Hide contents

Xh3RP9R.png

My troubles are over! *Checks IV's*

...She's +DEF/-ATK.

WHY MUST YOU PLAY TRICKS WITH ME?!?!

Well... at least I got her. 3 Weeks till the banner's end. Plenty of time to try again.

Your summer Corrin has the exact same nature as mine.  I actually pulled 2 (spent way too much money), and the other one was +HP/-Spd.  I merged her and kept the -Atk one.  I hope that was the right choice... If it's any consolation, mine has Blarblade+ and is doing very well for me, even with -Atk.  I still have the urge to try for a better one, but I am starting to love using her despite her bad nature. :lol:  

---

Two pulls again today.  The hunt for Julia continues.  Unfortunately, the game denied me a green orb in both sessions... 

4* Tiki

4* Hinata.  Really sick of this guy, but I guess a 4* one is good fodder.  He's definitely my most frequently pulled character.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Your summer Corrin has the exact same nature as mine.  I actually pulled 2 (spent way too much money), and the other one was +HP/-Spd.  I merged her and kept the -Atk one.  I hope that was the right choice... If it's any consolation, mine has Blarblade+ and is doing very well for me, even with -Atk.  I still have the urge to try for a better one, but I am starting to love using her despite her bad nature. :lol:  

Don't know what those Sacred Coins are for, but it would be a dream if you could use them to change a unit's IV's.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Don't know what those Sacred Coins are for, but it would be a dream if you could use them to change a unit's IV's.

That’s probably the one only “suggestion from the community” I’ve always been against.

Just now, Zeo said:

That would indeed be amazing!  :^_^:  That's another reason I'm not sure if I want to try pulling a better Corrin.  I'm holding on to the hope that they will eventually give us a way to neutralize/change a unit's nature.  

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s probably the one only “suggestion from the community” I’ve always been against.

I couldn't possibly understand why anyone would be against that in a game like this. Especially when there are limited units you potentially will never get again.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I couldn't possibly understand why anyone would be against that in a game like this. Especially when there are limited units you potentially will never get again.

It’s against the spirit of both “a game like this” (you get by with what you have) and Fire Emblem the series (RNG decides whether your units grow right).

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

So, after seeing the new SS banner doesn't have any of my favorite waifus characters, I decided to blow some orbs in an attempt to get a 40% bonus unit for the TT. I used up about 60 orbs sniping blue and red, which resulted in me getting:

- 4* Roderick

- 4* Mae

- 4* athena

- a bunch of 4* Cordelia's

- And a 5* Delthea!

Who is -Atk... (just like the Mae. Why @Rezzy, why? What kind of sacrifices do you want?). Still, she's also +Spd, so I should be able to make her work in the TT. I don't think she'll outperform my Linde though...

After seeing the Rachel is not part of the Sacred Stones Banner, my wrath was great.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

HOLY-

Hide contents

Xh3RP9R.png

My troubles are over! *Checks IV's*

...She's +DEF/-ATK.

WHY MUST YOU PLAY TRICKS WITH ME?!?!

Well... at least I got her. 3 Weeks till the banner's end. Plenty of time to try again.

It's not wise to anger the gods.

Tried for a Ninian with better IVs than the one I already had (because when am I going to get this chance again?), and I did get another Ninian....

... with the exact same IVs (+HP/-Spd). Now what are the odds of that?

Wellp I just got a second Julia! This one is +Spd aaaaaand -Atk... I still think I'll be merging my original +def/-hp into this one though. I'm running her with Death Blow, and 46 atk is not unusable. 

Made another pull from Hero Fest, got junk.

1. 3* Hana: Garbage.
  2. 4* Palla: Good fodder.
  3. 4* Seliph: New unit, but not one I need in the slightest.
  4. 4* Catria: Meh.
  5. 3* Jagen: Got enough of you.

Now I'm down to a measly 10 orbs with the Sacred Stones banner right on the horizon. Time to grind Chain Challenges...

4 hours ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Tried for a Ninian with better IVs than the one I already had (because when am I going to get this chance again?), and I did get another Ninian....

... with the exact same IVs (+HP/-Spd). Now what are the odds of that?

Common. Both my Seliphs (5* and 4*) were +HP/-Spd.

Every Henry I've gotten, except for one (that one was +Def/-HP), has been +Def/-Spd.  

598c8656ee5c7_FEHPull.thumb.png.d877d63b3676f7c3db6928f7db04622b.png

598c866375e64_FEHcurrent.thumb.png.5ede0d99c39a6d2896f6fba085fd505f.png

Also managed to pull Minerva off of the Life & Death banner.

My question: what should I focus on first, and what other characters/inheritance should I be hoping for at this point?

It seems like I have most of a Cavalry team with Cecilia / Reinhardt / Priscilla (maybe add Eliwood?). I also have been using Ike / Sanaki / Ninian / Nino (though she's only at 3 stars) but that team feels pretty lopsided, and I have some flyers (Shanna, Florina, Palla) but not great triangle coverage. 

(PS - I just started a few weeks ago so I'd rather enjoy the game a little bit before worrying about min/maxing with natures or getting duplicates for extra stats. Assume everyone's neutral)

Edited by ninjero

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s against the spirit of both “a game like this” (you get by with what you have) and Fire Emblem the series (RNG decides whether your units grow right).

Both of those things are already negated by people who dump money into the game for another shot at what you want. What you're saying only gimps the F2P. And even if Sacred coins did change natures it would only mitigate the issue as they would probably be something like 100 or so per nature change which for people that aren't the tops is around one nature change per month IF you put in the time and effort.

Even then you would probably get a random nature and not actually be able to pick, which is still pretty much in the spirit of the game since you don't know what you're going to get and could end up getting something even worse than before.

With today being pay day for me, I continued my hunt for Summer!Elise and bought 55 orbs. Did I get her? Nope, but I did get these dweebs.

Spoiler

sfoiA4N.png

RM5nVRj.png

If I sound annoyed, it would be because both these guys ended up being +Def/-Spd. After Raven showed up, I decided to cut my losses and open the rest of that set. Turns out Summer!Leo was hiding under that one red though sadly his boon/bane combo isn't much better than my first one's (+Res/-Atk to +Def/-Spd). I suppose I should at least be happy that I even got three 5*s out of this session at all, even though Summer!Elise still eludes me.

List of Units Pulled for anyone who cares

Spoiler

5* Summer!Leo (+Res/-Atk)
5* Marth (+Def/-Spd)
5* Raven (+Def/-Spd)

4* Boey
4* Cherche
4* Frederick
4* Kagero x2
4* Raven

3* Barst x2
3* Beruka
3* Frederick x2
3* Gunter
3* Gwendolyn
3* Niles

1 hour ago, ninjero said:

My question: what should I focus on first, and what other characters/inheritance should I be hoping for at this point?

It seems like I have most of a Cavalry team with Cecilia / Reinhardt / Priscilla (maybe add Eliwood?). I also have been using Ike / Sanaki / Ninian / Nino (though she's only at 3 stars) but that team feels pretty lopsided, and I have some flyers (Shanna, Florina, Palla) but not great triangle coverage. 

(PS - I just started a few weeks ago so I'd rather enjoy the game a little bit before worrying about min/maxing with natures or getting duplicates for extra stats. Assume everyone's neutral)

The cavalry team sounds pretty good. Eliwood might not be able to pull his weight on more difficult maps though (unless he's 5*), so you could try replacing him with Stahl, who has an easier time dealing with all green units. There should be a rerun of Xander's GHB in the near future, and he is considered the best sword cavalier in the game at this point, so you should stay on the look out for him.

Using a full cavalry team (or a full flyer team for that matter) is only benifitial if you're running horse buffs (or flyer buffs) on your team though (or when you're trying to clear the Training tower quests). Gunter is a free unit that has Hone Cavalry, so if you plan to use a horse emblem team, I'd advice either using him or giving that skill to other units.

It might be useful to note that you don't need every unit to of the same movement type for a team. Nothing's stopping you from using Reinhardt, Ike, Ninian and Minerva on one team for instance. I'd advice those four as a basic team for now. If you can get some good fodder for Hone Attack (Olivia works) and Hone Speed (Matthew), you could give those to your units and replace Minerva with Nino. Reposition is also pretty great on most units.

Saved up about 50 orbs to pull on the hero fest banner. Got, uh, a lot of repeat units. And then was down to 10 orbs.

Got Ninian (and a 4-star Roderick with a not-so-good nature earlier). She's ... +atk -spd? That's ... questionable, but I'll take it.

used some tempest orbs and the arena rewards to try hero fest for a Julia or a better Ike again...

• Sophia
  • Draug
  • Beruka

...I knew It was better to start saving and just deal with my -atk ike...

9 hours ago, Bartozio said:

The cavalry team sounds pretty good. Eliwood might not be able to pull his weight on more difficult maps though (unless he's 5*), so you could try replacing him with Stahl, who has an easier time dealing with all green units. There should be a rerun of Xander's GHB in the near future, and he is considered the best sword cavalier in the game at this point, so you should stay on the look out for him.

Using a full cavalry team (or a full flyer team for that matter) is only benifitial if you're running horse buffs (or flyer buffs) on your team though (or when you're trying to clear the Training tower quests). Gunter is a free unit that has Hone Cavalry, so if you plan to use a horse emblem team, I'd advice either using him or giving that skill to other units.

It might be useful to note that you don't need every unit to of the same movement type for a team. Nothing's stopping you from using Reinhardt, Ike, Ninian and Minerva on one team for instance. I'd advice those four as a basic team for now. If you can get some good fodder for Hone Attack (Olivia works) and Hone Speed (Matthew), you could give those to your units and replace Minerva with Nino. Reposition is also pretty great on most units.

Thank you very much for this! I figured Minerva's skill would just be for inheritance so I didn't consider using her too - gotta start working on leveling her now!

I have both Olivia & Matt - obviously I'd need a handful of feathers to raise them & Nino up to four stars. RIght now I'm saving up for Reinhart's five-star promotion first, but that sounds like a nice intermediate goal.

Edit: Also pulled Olwen five star, not that I need her once I promote Reinhardt...

Edited by ninjero

I know this is my alt acc, but holy shit I got friggin Ike!

Spoiler

8Ha6wyi.png

Let me just read the IVs... -Spd/+Res you say? Well Nintendo this is why I'll never spend money on you isn't it?

And on my main account. Decent IVs yayy, but mediocre units, oh, well still, yayy.

Spoiler

pWQN2AI.png

-Atk/+Spd Lon'Qu

+Atk/-Def Athena!

Hero Fest was a horrible banner experience. Even with whaling, my pity rate reached 11% at one point, and it ended with... well, see for yourselves.

Spoiler

ce0538y.png

8q61ZNX.png

vLlq4DB.png

3WgrEMU.png

QdeMOKz.png

zzV8rNf.png

gJLUcBH.png

rg6Qrgq.png

Yup, Sanaki decided to show up at the end to kill my rate and after all that, I only ended up with my main Sanaki getting an extra level. So I have a 40+2 Sanaki now, but no Ike, Ninian or Julia.

Hope Magvel brings better luck.