So I decided to Whale so that I'd have 200 Orbs and just accept whatever I get... and honestly I'm learning that I'll never prosper as a whale, I get punished for it every single time.

In 200 Orbs I got a total of 3 5* Units, My first Hector (Which is honestly awesome despite not being what I wanted.) His IV's were pretty decent too with +DEF/-SPD. However, that is where the goodness stops.

My other 5* Units were Neutral Boey (Literally made me wanna die) and +RES/-SPD Hawkeye (Good IVs, but also made me wanna die.)

On a small hand I am happy because I now have 5 5* Green Units from 2. (Julia and Anna) On the larger hand, 2/3 of those units are really not good and not what I wanted right now. I was expecting to be stabbed by Colorless Hell but instead I seem to have been visited by a Evil Green Pity-breaker Fairy.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Wouldn't it be funny if they made all the freebie CYL units +HP-Atk?

Update on Rezzy's quest for everybody

I got Roy my boy: +Atk-Def.

My quest for all 4 is complete, with Orbs to spare.

Lyn: True Neutral

Ike: +Spd-Res  Sites say Speed is a bad boon for him, but 31 speed is 35 with Hone, which seems good to me.

Lucina: -Atk+Spd No Baner is complete without a -Atk, I might keep pulling for better

Roy:+Atk-Def

I have a real dilemma.  I don't know whether to try for better nature(s) or to stop while I'm ahead and save up for the upcoming Tellius Banner.  Do we have confirmation that these units aren't limited time banners?

Hopefully Alondite gets Distant Counter.

I just want the Black Knight to have a great speed and defense to kind of replicate it a bit. I know he wont be invincible like he is practically supposed to in PoR/RD, but I want him to at least have a bit of a fast moving tank feel to him. Last think I want is him to get wrecked. What a way to introduce one of the most menacing FE villains. He showed up on the battlefield in PoR and you moved away from him, not towards because you knew what the result was going to be.

Distant Counter would be great though. It was part of what made him such a bad ass too, no one was safe from him. Not even ranged.

Edited by Tolvir

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I just want the Black Knight to have a great speed and defense to kind of replicate it a bit. I know he wont be invincible like he is practically supposed to in PoR/RD, but I want him to at least have a bit of a fast moving tank feel to him. Last think I want is him to get wrecked. What a way to introduce one of the most menacing FE villains. He showed up on the battlefield in PoR and you moved away from him, not towards because you knew what the result was going to be.

Distant Counter would be great though. It was part of what made him such a bad ass too, no one was safe from him. Not even ranged.

To be honest, I'd like him to be good to. I haven't even played any of the Tellius games (damn them being hard to find and not on my active hunting radar), but I'd certainly like to be able to use him.

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

To be honest, I'd like him to be good to. I haven't even played any of the Tellius games (damn them being hard to find and not on my active hunting radar), but I'd certainly like to be able to use him.

That is pretty much my wishes. I want him to be good. He doesnt need to be the best unit, but he should be a great one at least. Its the Black Knight, the guy who was capable of fighting the best fighters in Tellius and standing on his own. From the player's standpoint he is the guy that when he showed up, he kicked your ass. You didnt like him showing up unless you were ready for it, which is only twice in all of the Tellius games. I still remember seeing him show up randomly in I think chapter 11? Cant remember which one, but its the one where you escape the docks and once you get to a certain part he just shows up in the middle of the map slowly following. He is capable of literally killing every unit you have with one hit, so its really the first experience you have with him as far as gameplay goes.

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Ike's stat priority is weird in that HP is worth nearly as much as def/res (1.2 hp = 1 def and 1 res)

That seems interesting but I don't really understand what you mean, care to explain?

3 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

That seems interesting but I don't really understand what you mean, care to explain?

It’s because of Urvan reducing consecutive attacks against him to 20%, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Even when he's getting doubled, 1.2 hp is worth a def or res because Urvan reduces damage to .2 of full. This makes HP an extraordinarily good stat for him, since its very good bulk in both directions, compared to hp being mediocre bulk in both directions.

Everyone else who tanks a brave hit will value def/res at double hp for that particular damage type---meaning, def, for example, would be twice as valuable as hp when only fighting physical units---but Ike values hp at nearly the same as def/res even when he's only taking one type of damage.

This also makes speed a bit less valuable for him, because its value as a defense stat (L&D is occasionally a defensive skill because of the +5 speed) is almost completely negated when he can't counter. Speed is still quite valuable vs. melees, but vs. melees he has his armor level defense to fall back on.

Urvan basically makes it so that Ike likes every single one of his stats---they're not all equally valuable, but they're close enough that he's pretty much impossible to ruin by an IV combo.

Edit: I like this Ike a lot, incidentally---IS managed to released an Ike that feels like Ike. He fights a ton of scrubs and heals to full every turn because of his Moonbow level CD Aether.

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s because of Urvan reducing consecutive attacks against him to 20%, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Even when he's getting doubled, 1.2 hp is worth a def or res because Urvan reduces damage to .2 of full. This makes HP an extraordinarily good stat for him, since very good bulk in both directions, compared to hp merely being bulk in both directions.

Everyone else who tanks a brave hit will value def/res at double hp for that particular damage type---meaning, def, for example, would be twice as valuable as hp when only fighting physical units---but Ike values hp at nearly the same as def/res even when he's only taking one type of damage.

This also makes speed a bit less valuable for him, because its value as a defense stat (L&D is occasionally a defensive skill because of the +5 speed) is almost completely negated when he can't counter. Speed is still quite valuable vs. melees, but vs. melees he has his armor level defense to fall back on.

Urvan basically makes it so that Ike likes every single one of his stats---they're not all equally valuable, but they're close enough that he's pretty much impossible to ruin by an IV combo.

Oh that's what you meant, thanks to both :D

Had 30 orbs left over from when I purchased some for the brave banner so I had a go at summoning Camilla so I could give a brave axe to Frederick. The game decides to troll me as none of the summoning sessions had green so I pulled a red each time and backed out. In the end, I managed to get a 5* Tharja who is unfortunately +hp/-spd. Going to train her up and keep her for now, but if another red mage cav or red flier is introduced, I'll probably sack her to one of them. Now, back to saving orbs!

Sigh. I spent all my orbs on my first failed attempt at a Brave Hero but scraped enough together from the reset to try again &, again, no luck. Here's a list of the heroes I've gotten since the Valter battle started: 

5 star: Luke

4 star: Jagen, Catria, Nino (x3), Draug, Seliph (new!), Mae (new!), A!Tiki, Jeorge, Clarine (x2), Effie, Hana, Peri (new! x2), Boey (x2), Athena (new! Great IVs!), Merric (x2), Serra, Azama, Tharja, Wrys, Fae (new!), Barst, Jakob (new!), 

3 star: Subaki (x3), Gwen, Gunter, Donnel (x2), Felicia, F!Corrin (new! -- last 3 star I didn't have), Palla, A!Tiki, Shanna, Hinata, Azama, Sully, Hana. 

And hey, there's some great skill fodder here. A healthy handful of new units, some of which I'm excited to play around with (the Fae and Corrin have been a long time coming...). But for the most part this is... not great, right? I mean, it feels pretty lame. 

From 45 units, I got 1 5 star, 28 4 stars and 16 3 stars.

I'll give it at least one other go but really, pulling is my LEAST favorite part of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I managed to finally get a normal Lyn, who I've been hoping to get for a while now. She's +def/-att which makes her attack quite appalling but I'll make it work somehow.

Mine is −Atk too! She also is +Res, so I probably could have given her Iceberg or something.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mine is −Atk too! She also is +Res, so I probably could have given her Iceberg or something.

Iceberg for +res looks good, Luna would also work if you don't have some Iceberg fodder.

Bs0w9ds.jpg

+Def/-Spd Lucina

+Atk/-Res Ike

Now i feel like i should've chosen Lyn instead of Lucina as my free pick, but this second Lucina has an awful nature so I don't feel that bad.

On the other hand, Ike has an amazing nature! Just like my Charlotte! Hopefully I can pull Lyn as well in the future.

43 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s a Lyn! @SatsumaFSoysoy @Astolfo! @GuiltyLove

l4I51ra.png

This one traded her −Atk flaw for a −HP one, keeping her +Res asset. This will do. Time to level up Lyn+2!

So now my Lucina and your Lyn are equal in merges... But you still don't have the perfect nature yet. This rivalry is still budding.

@GuiltyLove: and here I am, three five-stars since the start of the banner. Ouch. You will get him, I promise!

@Astolfo!: nope, no seasonals here at all.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: cut her and me some slack; at least she got rid of that horrible, horrible −Atk. One day, one day. Oh, maybe I can also get a Lucina while the banner is running? A man can dream.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy: cut her and me some slack; at least she got rid of that horrible, horrible −Atk. One day, one day. Oh, maybe I can also get a Lucina while the banner is running? A man can dream.

No, you will never get regular Lucina, and I will never get regular Lyn.

but what if Lucina x Lyn

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Chelone said:

Finally at 4%. Was sniping for Roy. no reds but a Blue turned out to be a

+Atk/-HP B!Lucina.

I havent looked into her much, hows -hp for her? didnt she need speed?

-Hp should be her 2nd best bane (best is -res because you need ridiculous amounts of res for res to matter).

+Atk is fine, should be her best or 2nd best boon. (Speed's better defensively if you don't take a speed A-slot to prevent doubles, but Atk hit harder---simple, but very effective.)