• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rezzy and anybody else that cares. After 3 out of 4 sessions with no colorless, LOOKIE WHO FINALLY SHOWED!!

HTjMiEk.png

I COMPLETED THE HALLOWEEN SET! :D

+Spd, -HP here, but it doesn't hurt him a lot, so I can use him. Now to debate whether or not to use the next orbs to try for Hinoka or to wait for what the mid month banner will be...

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy and anybody else that cares. After 3 out of 4 sessions with no colorless, LOOKIE WHO FINALLY SHOWED!!

HTjMiEk.png

+Spd, -HP here, but it doesn't hurt him a lot, so I can use him. Now to debate whether or not to use the next orbs to try for Hinoka or to wait for what the mid month banner will be...

Congrats, hard to say whether to pull or wait, since I have no idea what is next.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Congrats, hard to say whether to pull or wait, since I have no idea what is next.

Yeah. I think for now though, I'll just save my orbs in anticipation for Christmas units. I'm interested in Christmas Tree Robin!

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

HTjMiEk.png

Good for you, I hope this means he will show up for me tomorrow when I have the orbs to try again for him.  I am so sick of 3* and 4* healers and archers.  Colorless hell is really bad.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Good for you, I hope this means he will show up for me tomorrow when I have the orbs to try again for him.  I am so sick of 3* and 4* healers and archers.  Colorless hell is really bad.

I must be in the minority that thinks pulling green is the worst. Greens don't even show up half the time, so you're forced to risk breaking your pity rate on colors you don't even want. Colorless at least does show up well enough...usually. (since I did just have a few no-colorless sessions)

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I must be in the minority that thinks pulling green is the worst. 

I’m with you here. Over 120 orbs for Deirdre on the Genealogy banner. No Deirdre. Occasional orbs for Minerva. No greens at all, let alone Minerva.

Anna hates competition?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m with you here. Over 120 orbs for Deirdre on the Genealogy banner. No Deirdre. Occasional orbs for Minerva. No greens at all, let alone Minerva.

Anna hates competition?

She must. xP IS really needs to add more permanent green units to fix this.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I must be in the minority that thinks pulling green is the worst. Greens don't even show up half the time, so you're forced to risk breaking your pity rate on colors you don't even want. Colorless at least does show up well enough...usually. (since I did just have a few no-colorless sessions)

I tend to have mixed luck with greens either I get who I want right away or I never get them, like PA! Azura I managed to pull everyone else on the PA banner but her.  I have the best luck with blue pulls, I normally pull who I want right away if I pull blue unless they are from SS.   Red and colorless love to taunt me, it takes a long time for any 5* to show up when I snipe for units from those colors.

Edited by EricaofRenais

38 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I tend to have mixed luck with greens either I get who I want right away or I never get them, like PA! Azura I managed to pull everyone else on the PA banner but her.  I have the best luck with blue pulls, I normally pull who I want right away if I pull blue unless they are from SS.   Red and colorless love to taunt me, it takes a long time for any 5* to show up when I snipe for units from those colors.

My luck on reds is both good and bad. Good in that I pull a lot of 5 stars from there, but they're more often 5 stars I'm not looking for! xP Thankfully this time, Witch Nowi was the only 5 star red I got. Twice too. lol

Other colors, it's mixed. Blue is pissing me off the most right now though. Two 5 star Nephenees now and I still don't have Oscar. Stop giving me Nephenee, game! I want my squinty eyed knight. :(

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My luck on reds is both good and bad. Good in that I pull a lot of 5 stars from there, but they're more often 5 stars I'm not looking for! xP Thankfully this time, Witch Nowi was the only 5 star red I got. Twice too. lol

Other colors, it's mixed. Blue is pissing me off the most right now though. Two 5 star Nephenees now and I still don't have Oscar. Stop giving me Nephenee, game! I want my squinty eyed knight. :(

Red has a lot of weak sword units. Overall it's not fun to pull a Card when you could have pulled an Elincia. Or Luke when you could have pulled Sigurd. Guess that's part of the gacha philosophy. No matter what people say and how they define the word powercreep, there is a huge gap in tiersa right now and much better units make older and weaker units more or less obsolete. Pulling a 5* unit has become much more painful - first you need to pull the right unit - Aura or Elegant - and then the IV should be right. But then I guess this is also part of the gacha philosophy and what makes the game rewarding or awful depending on the outcome.

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Red has a lot of weak sword units. Overall it's not fun to pull a Card when you could have pulled an Elincia. Or Luke when you could have pulled Sigurd. Guess that's part of the gacha philosophy. No matter what people say and how they define the word powercreep, there is a huge gap in tiersa right now and much better units make older and weaker units more or less obsolete. Pulling a 5* unit has become much more painful - first you need to pull the right unit - Aura or Elegant - and then the IV should be right. But then I guess this is also part of the gacha philosophy and what makes the game rewarding or awful depending on the outcome.

Yeah, basically...

So, after some free pulls and whatnot, I'm at 490 total pulled units.

Spoiler

c6j5qwJ.jpg

GL4y5Zk.jpg

Horse Emblem, here I come~!  Top pull was from the guys banner, bottom pull was a last-ditch effort to get a flying unit.

And for boons/banes:

Spoiler

Corrin (+Res/-Atk): This is the opposite of the 5* I pulled.  I have some use for Dragon Fang, so it's not a total waste.
Athena (+Spd/-Res): She's already naturally fast, so this just makes her even more Sonic-like.  She'd be absolutely hilarious with Swift Sparrow/Desperation.
Cecilia (+Def/-Atk): I could always use more Escape Route fodder!

Tiki (+Res/-Def): She's really amusing fodder.  Do I want to give someone Defiant Atk or Bonfire?
Stahl (+HP/-Res): I guess I can pass on that sword?  Swap is a neat skill, too.
Reinhardt (+Res/HP): Hardly ideal.  But it's a second Reinhardt, so I'm not going to complain.
Jagen (+Def/-Res): It's amusing, but it doesn't really help his lack of combat.
Virion (+Spd/-Def): IT'S ANOTHER AMAZING ARCHER!  I'm honestly not sure what to do with all of them.  Maybe y'all can convince the rarer Archers in F/GO to show up?  Please?

"Hey clipsey, that's only eight units!  WTF?"  That's because. . .

Spoiler

XQVHFnE.jpg

+Atk/-Def.  Saber for best short-haired girl.  This boon/bane turns him into a slightly slower, tankier Ryoma that absorbs distant attacks, instead of countering them.   I need to think about this.

Edited by eclipse

I am truly a fa-reaking whale nowadays...  Plunked down money for 280 orbs, and after spending about 100 of those orbs on the Halloween Banner, here are my notable catches.

4* Athena

Neutral

MswewN5.png

No as good as the +Attack Athena I gave up last week to give Caeda her Wo Dao (debating whether that was a dumb move or not) but not terrible either.  In honor of the fallen excellent IV Athena, I will raise this one to 5 stars!

Who am I kidding, I'll probably just dump her for a giant goose-down pillow and wait for another perfect IV one to arrive.

Alm

BABZpmD.png

+Spd/-HP

It's a real shame they didn't get Papenbrook to reprise the vocal role of Alm, he was excellent in Echoes...

Anyway, I can't build him as an effective pseudo-healer thanks to his HP bane, he's no good as an attacker, and his SI potential is subpar, so I'll probably just use him as feather fodder.

Sakura

SRa43cp.png

+Spd/-Att

Debating whether to use her as feather fodder or if I should merge her with my +1 Sakura to make it a spiritual threesome.

And of course, the spooker of the Witching Hour:

Halloweenie Candy Nowi!

wOH1yhm.png

+Att/-Def

I can't believe I managed to not only bag one but to bag her with perfect IVs!  My Flyer Emblem teams are looking pretty good, now!

I'm tempted to try for Kitty!Sakura, but with a rare whopping  180 orbs sitting in my account, and little else to spend them on, I might just sit that out and fold 'em while I'm ahead.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

+Spd/-HP

It's a real shame they didn't get Papenbrook to reprise the vocal role of Alm, he was excellent in Echoes...

Kyle McCarley voiced Alm in both Echoes and Heroes, though.

42 HP is still pretty good for Reciprocal Aid. It’s one less HP over “Marth” and +Spd helps him get doubled less. That’s a great Alm what are you on

Halloweenie Candy Nowi!

+Att/-Def

I can't believe I managed to not only bag one but to bag her with perfect IVs!  My Flyer Emblem teams are looking pretty good, now!

I have that exact same Witch Nowi. Gave her Rawrblade and LaD. No regrets.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Kyle McCarley voiced Alm in both Echoes and Heroes, though.

42 HP is still pretty good for Reciprocal Aid. It’s two extra HP over “Marth” and +Spd helps him get doubled less. That’s a great Alm what are you on?

Literally the only psuedo-healer I have "Marth" and she's been something of a staple for my Tempest Trial teams, so I guess I haven't put a lot of thought into additional constructions - I literally just thought of Alm as one when I was typing this up, plus I'm not very...what's the word I wanna use, hip?  Up-on-it?...with the meta game or deeper tactics (yet), so I ask forgiveness for my general ignorance of things...

Also, I looked up Papenbrook because I could've SWORN I saw his name mentioned in Echoes, and it turns out he voiced Kamui - don't know where I got Alm from...  Still, he did great in that role too.  Infinitely better than Edge-en from AoT or Kirito fron SAO.  It'd be funny if it turns out Pappy-boy thrives better in side-roles than in mainstays.  I mean, shoot!  Even as Dracula!Henry, he's pretty good.  I mean, I personally hate the voice (in all of Henry's iterations, not just Paps'), but I can't deny it's a good rendition.  Certainly captures the morbid goofiness that is our resident joyful curse-dispenser.  Plus it shows Papenbrook has much more range in vocal talent than just edgelords.  ^_^

15 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Literally the only psuedo-healer I have "Marth" and she's been something of a staple for my Tempest Trial teams, so I guess I haven't put a lot of thought into additional constructions - I literally just thought of Alm as one when I was typing this up, plus I'm not very...what's the word I wanna use, hip?  Up-on-it?...with the meta game or deeper tactics (yet), so I ask forgiveness for my general ignorance of things...

Oh it’s no big deal. I don’t even use pseudo-healers in my Tempest runs. In fact, I haven’t even used a healer since the first Tempest. Glass cannon or bust~

Kamui is one of my favorites from Echoes, but you could say Papenbrook voicing Henry was a real treat if you catch my drift.

I’m not sorry.

I want to spend some orbs on rolling for a Takumi, since he’s the unit I’ve wanted most since release. But I want to hold onto them since a new banner announcement could come any day from now.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Oh it’s no big deal. I don’t even use pseudo-healers in my Tempest runs. In fact, I haven’t even used a healer since the first Tempest. Glass cannon or bust~

I want to spend some orbs on rolling for a Takumi, since he’s the unit I’ve wanted most since release. But I want to hold onto them since a new banner announcement could come any day from now.

I might roll one or two times for him myself near the end of the banner when I grind up a few extras.  It's strictly for SI fodder though - I want that Close Counter for SOMEONE, I just haven't figured out who the ideal candidate would be. lol

As far as pseudo-healers, I actually didn't use one this time.  Instead of relying on Lucina for HP regen, I just slapped Aether on my Deirdre and used my Nephenee, who I gave Aether to during the previous TT.  I have Sol on Ayra now, but I plan to give her Aether sometime down the line, too.  I'm thinking to make them my go-to units for chain challenges.

I've killed a lot of Chroms in my career...And only more will fall by my greedy-ass-blade.  Mwaaaahahahahahaahahahahaaaa!  Aether!  Aether for DAAAAAYYYYYYSSSSSS!   BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

I'd never kill Lucina for Aether, of course.  She's too precious.

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Alm

BABZpmD.png

+Spd/-HP

Anyway, I can't build him as an effective pseudo-healer thanks to his HP bane, he's no good as an attacker, and his SI potential is subpar, so I'll probably just use him as feather fodder.

Slap Fury on him.  He'll melt things.  And this is from someone with a neutral Alm.

2 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Halloweenie Candy Nowi!

wOH1yhm.png

+Att/-Def

I can't believe I managed to not only bag one but to bag her with perfect IVs!  My Flyer Emblem teams are looking pretty good, now.

Congrats on the good natured Nowi. Mine is +atk, but minus -hp. And as @MrSmokestack says, Lnd Rawrblade Nowi is amazing, especially with Flier Buffs.

Guess I know what I'm using my next 20K feathers on.

THARJA!  GET YOUR THOTTY ASS OVER HERE!

BTW, can L&D 2 be used to great effect or does it have to be L&D 3?  'Cause I have a Hana I just promoted to 5* and a Minerva, and I REALLY don't wanna give those up just for L&D 3.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

9 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Guess I know what I'm using my next 20K feathers on.

THARJA!  GET YOUR THOTTY ASS OVER HERE!

BTW, can L&D 2 be used to great effect or does it have to be L&D 3?  'Cause I have a Hana I just promoted to 5* and a Minerva, and I REALLY don't wanna give those up just for L&D 3.

There's some memes that can die in a hole.  You just named one of them.  Don't do it again.

Depends on how much you value that one point of Atk/Spd.  I've been doing fine with Life and Death 2.

This game likes to troll me sometimes, I'm still trying to get Neko Sakura and the game decided to give her to me with the catch that it's the normal Sakura. There's still time so it's ok.

5 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Sakura

SRa43cp.png

+Spd/-Att

Debating whether to use her as feather fodder or if I should merge her with my +1 Sakura to make it a spiritual threesome.

Halloweenie Candy Nowi!

That's a great Sakura. If you merge her and give her HP+5 and Spd+3, she survives all vanilla units except Hector on Player phase (unless you +1 her), and Ayra, Arden, Elincia and Brave Lyn on Enemy Phase. Pretty solid considering the last 4 are really powerful units.

Just bought some Orbs trying to snipe for Cat Sakura. I got...
Regular Sakura (4-Star. Didn't know she came as a 4-Star... already have her at 5 tho so I'll have to find something to do with her... maybe I'll send her home for feathers, I dunno)
Lucius (4-Star, twice, which is mildly annoying since I already have enough healers [Sakura, Elise, Genny]... still, having two means I can use one for Inherit Skill and still have one in case I feel like training him up)
Seth (4-Star, and I kinda got worried when I saw him 'cause I knew he was on a banner and didn't know if he was locked to 5-Star or not... but hey, I remember liking him in Sacred Stones, so I might be able to make him good here too (though looking at where he'll end up, +HP/-ATK looks pretty bad, maybe I'll just hand off his Fortress DEF to someone who can make better use of it... anyone got any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe Arden could use it if I give him Ignis, but he might end up a bit too weak if I do that, so I dunno))
and finally, Mist broke my pity streak (+ATK/-HP... why couldn't she swap this with Seth? Still, I'll raise her up, if only because she's a 5-Star and I can't see any of her Skills being put to good use by anyone I currently have).
Dunno if I got anything particularly good, but I'll try for Cat Sakura again when I have more Orbs (so, after Reinhardt & Co. clear some more Chain Challenges).