• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying on the Halloween banner.  499 total summoned units. Send help.

Spoiler

Babquxw.jpg

Once again, one of these things is not like the others!

For boons/banes:

Spoiler

Donnel (+Atk/-HP): I think he got the hint, after I turned another one of his instances into Brave Lance fodder for Luke.  This one's worth keeping~!
Nino (+Spd/-Def): This is excellent, but alas, I already have an equally excellent 5* version of her (also +Spd/-Tank).
Priscilla (+Def/-Spd): WHO WANTS REHABILITATE?
Merric (+Def/-HP): On one hand, that's funny.  On the other hand, Boey exists.  So yeah. . .
Tharja (+Atk/-Spd): It's an improvement over the first -Spd one. . .but what the fuck am I supposed to do with her?  Slap an -owl on her and call it a day?  37 Spd on attack isn't why she's threatening.  I'd rather build up Raigh, TBH.

I guess a better Tharja makes it worth it?

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm still trying on the Halloween banner.  499 total summoned units. Send help.

Reveal hidden contents

Babquxw.jpg

Once again, one of these things is not like the others!

For boons/banes:

Reveal hidden contents

Donnel (+Atk/-HP): I think he got the hint, after I turned another one of his instances into Brave Lance fodder for Luke.  This one's worth keeping~!
Nino (+Spd/-Def): This is excellent, but alas, I already have an equally excellent 5* version of her (also +Spd/-Tank).
Priscilla (+Def/-Spd): WHO WANTS REHABILITATE?
Merric (+Def/-HP): On one hand, that's funny.  On the other hand, Boey exists.  So yeah. . .
Tharja (+Atk/-Spd): It's an improvement over the first -Spd one. . .but what the fuck am I supposed to do with her?  Slap an -owl on her and call it a day?  37 Spd on attack isn't why she's threatening.  I'd rather build up Raigh, TBH.

I guess a better Tharja makes it worth it?

Honestly, you're probably best off just foddering less than perfect Tharjas. (Red's the only -blade tome that's not available at 3*, so, yeah, I'd use a Tharja that's better than neutral, but I wouldn't promote one to 5* unless a near perfect one shows up. Except for foddering purposes, I mean, I'd still promote non-perfect Tharjas for those.)

That said, should probably wait just a bit for the new blacksmith or weapon enhancement or whatever we want to call the weapon upgrade feature to come in, maybe non-tomes would finally get a few days in the limelight.

(I might sound tierist as hell most of the time, but it's not like I don't prefer to use units that I like... who are also high tiered.)

Regarding Nino, if your 5* one is -Res I'd suggest merging into this one. (Her matchups vs. Rein is shaky enough already, she's fine as a offensive unit, of course, but it never hurts to grab another check for just a slight IV shift.) Unless by 'tank' you strictly mean defense.

Also, I don't know why, but I like Priscilla's art a lot.

*cries with tears of joy* I had been wanting to pull for a while. It's not the Dawn Brigade, but Mia's in my top 5 favorite Tellius characters, so I was definitely ready to spend orbs on her. Got her within 70 with no pity breakers. :3 And she's +DEF -RES! Gives her some respectable bulk kind of like Arya without killing the best parts about her. I've been keeping around Swift Sparrow fodder for an occasion like this. :3

Now to do story chapters and build up my stock pile again.

New banner time. I'll be happy with any of the focus units, so let's go!

1. 3* Raigh: Darn.
  2. 4* Hawkeye: Wrong FE7 axe user. He can't even give Death Blow 3...
  3. 4* Mae: Already have you at 5*. Guess you're Draw Back fodder.
  4. 3* Subaki: Meh.
  5. 4* Est: No thanks.

Let's go again. I like these characters and they're very powerful, so I can ignore the obvious powercreep for now.

1. 3* Olivia: Maybe Hone Atk 3 fodder.
  2. 3* Lon'qu: I've been short of Vantage fodder.
  3. 5* Mia: Boom! There we go! She's honestly the character I wanted least from this banner since I have a glut of swords, not to mention I can't stand her voice, but her IVs are freaking outstanding, so that doesn't matter. +Spd/-Def makes her a little bit too vulnerable to lances for my liking, but that 43 Speed is absolutely godly. I can already see her being a monster with Desperation and Moonbow.

The other 2 orbs were grey, so no point there. 28 orbs for a fantastic unit, even if Mia is a swordie, is well worth it in my book, especially after the Geneaology and TT banners were miserable failures. Not to mention Lute and Dorcas don't seem all that good stat-wise, even if their skills are great.

I decided to spend 50 orbs on the new banner even if I didn’t really need or want anything from it. I got a 5* +Spd -Atk Soren for my troubles.  If I was going to bladetome him I’d be ok, but this does make 5 out of my last 10 5-Star units as -Atk.  Maybe a -raven build?

The three Bartres and one Cain were far more exciting to refill my fodder stores. 

tf3f1BW.png?1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! That's a scream of happiness, for the record.

She also happened to be the free pull, so now my free pull 5* total is 3. She's just +Def/-HP, but I'm more than fine with that as even getting her with my free pull in the first place shattered my expectations. I also take this as the game making it up to me for my now 4.25% and still going rate on the Death Blow banner with no Elincia to show for it. Throwing a Klein in there was certainly a nice bonus as well. 

I had a foolish hope that I would get Mia in just three summons again, but that did not become reality. Just got a 4-star Palla, a 4-star Seliph, a 3-star Palla, and for the two times there were no reds, I got 4-star Cordelia and 3-star Oboro. Seliph, Oboro, and 4-star Palla were sent home (bad boon/bane for all of them, although I was an idiot and forgot how good Palla is for fodder), but the 3-star Palla is +Spd/-Res, which is exactly what I've been hoping for! Shame she's 3-star, but she will be kept for sure. Cordelia is a garbage +Res/-Spd version, but I have a use for her 5-star skills, so she's being kept for now.

I'll be pulling on this banner until I get Mia, and then I'm completely done until the Legendary Hero banner. I need Hector, I need Deirdre, and I need a tome flier who isn't Nowi, so I'm setting my sights on greens once that begins. Celica, Ayra, and Ike would all be nice too, so reds are next if I get everything I want from greens.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! That's a scream of happiness, for the record.

She also happened to be the free pull, so now my free pull 5* total is 3. She's just +Def/-HP, but I'm more than fine with that as even getting her with my free pull in the first place shattered my expectations. I also take this as the game making it up to me for my now 4.25% and still going rate on the Death Blow banner with no Elincia to show for it. Throwing a Klein in there was certainly a nice bonus as well. 

How do you know her IVs? I got Mia too but I can't find her base stats anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Eridras said:

I decided to spend 50 orbs on the new banner even if I didn’t really need or want anything from it. I got a 5* +Spd -Atk Soren for my troubles.  If I was going to bladetome him I’d be ok, but this does make 5 out of my last 10 5-Star units as -Atk.  Maybe a -raven build?

I don't know about Soren but in 5*+10 tier (top tier 20), -ATK+SPD is one of Nino's most desirable natures. You aren't gonna miss any kills from -3 ATK thanks to -Blade tome as long as you can double.

Edited by Clogon

I had 144 orbs. Was sniping for reds and blues. Got a garbage Tana (at least I have a good one already so merge it is then), a def bane res boon Ninian (yeaaahaaaah), a few 4 star Oscars (which is great cause I kinda wanted him in his banner, but lacked the orbs and courage), Hinatas (fury fodder). Then bought a 23 orb pack in euros. Got a neutral Mia. Then bought another 23 orb pack and got a attack boon def bane Lute. Though I did get a lot of Tatianas. Any idea what to do with them?

Edited by silveraura25

Was hoping to get Lute, since she's one of my favorite characters from Sacred Stones.

Suffice to say, I think Reinhardt got nervous about getting replaced as my blue mage, because he showed up instead lol. Don't worry man, I still like you too.

Unfortunately, no Lute yet. Oh well.

33 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Regarding Nino, if your 5* one is -Res I'd suggest merging into this one. (Her matchups vs. Rein is shaky enough already, she's fine as a offensive unit, of course, but it never hurts to grab another check for just a slight IV shift.) Unless by 'tank' you strictly mean defense.

The previous +Res/-Spd Tharja gave her tome to a +Spd Raigh.

Current 5* Nino is +Spd/-HP, so. . .more feathers, here I come. ;/

Thanks, though~!

Now up to 509 pulled units.  I couldn't resist.

Spoiler

bzdGuI5.jpg

hqxU8vY.jpg

The irony is that Mia's the one I don't want. Go figure.

As for boons/banes:

Spoiler

Est (+Res/-Atk): Bad nature on a unit that only fodders one skill.  Go figure.
Cain (+Def/-Spd): This is. . .interesting.  He won't necessarily hit harder with a Brave Sword, but 31 Defense on a Brave user means that I can slap Bonfire on him and call it a day.  He also doesn't mind the Brave Sword, since he'd shank his own Speed.
Cain (+Def/-Res): You, on the other hand, make great Wings of Mercy fodder.
Azama (+Spd/-HP): Merge fodder.  I will have my +10 Azama soon enough!
Serra (+HP/-Def): I think I have a merge going on with her or something.

Gaius (+Atk/-Spd): Even if a Brave dagger existed, his base Atk is too low to warrant it.
Tiki (+HP/-Def): Speaking of Bonfire fodder. . .
Felicia (+Spd/-Def): Uhhh. . .if I don't have a good +Atk one, she'll do.  I think.
Selena (+Def/-Spd): Thank goodness Reposition is a good inheritance skill!
Lon'qu (+Atk/-Def): I've lost count of the number of godly Lon'qus I've pulled.  He's right up there with Gordin and Virion!

Lots of merge fodder, some good SI fodder, and Lon'qu.  It works, I guess.

Had about 30 orbs, and I put them all towards reds, hoping to pull Mia. Curiously, I pulled a pity-breaker Brave Roy, which is pretty cool, since I didn't have him. But this is the wrong CYL banner Roy!

Then I gathered a few orbs from the new paralogue... and, well, Mia came to me! Yes! The nature isn't optimal, it's +HP/-Spd. Oh well, I can live with that. Spd seems to be my most common bane.