Finally another chance at Lucina. She was my first 5* and has served me extremely well, but with +Atk/-Spd as her IVs I've constantly been hoping for a better version. I'll take whatever red orbs are here since I don't need to improve her that badly.

1. 3* Eliwood: You're not even worth keeping for skill fodder at this point.
  2. 4* Stahl: Neither are you.

That's disappointing, but with only 48 44 orbs now I'd prefer to save for somebody new rather than spend on a vanity project.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love how this game gives you something, then you check IVs and you feel utterly betrayed.

I had to pull on the Christmas Banner to get a 40% Bonus for the stupid TT. I was lucky to get a lot of 5*s and W!Lissa with just 100 Orbs - and I still have 50 left, thank God. But the IVs I pulled on my new units are so trash...

Alm: +SPD,  -ATK (I already have him as +ATK, fortunately.)

W!Lissa: +DEF, -ATK

Tana: +DEF, -ATK

Even the other units I pulled were cursed with -ATK banes. Tharja, Donnel... That's just not funny! And to top it all, the game granted me Reinhardt with +HP and -RES boon to tease me even more. I'd rather have no 5*s than shit IVs to be honest. My only good pulls? +DEF -RES Saizo and maybe +SPD -DEF M!Robin. I don't even notice all the Pallas, Raighs, Berukas and Oboros I pull. Ugh.

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well damn. She's +Atk/-Res, too! I'm not sure how I feel about this, I *was* going to upgrade a +Def/-Spd one to make Dragon Defense emblem (my defense wins dried up :(... ) but on the other hand, this saves me feathers.... -4 in Res kind of sucks though 

I would run double or triple Nowis defense team to wear down players like me who run Reinhardt and BH!Lyn.

Nowi+10 Neutral
Lightning Breath [Resistance], Bonfire
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Deflect Magic / Phantom Spd

My BH!Lyn using Brave Bow will die to it. Deflect Magic neuters Moonbow-Quickened Pulse Reinhardt, while Phantom Spd neuters Watersweep-Phantom Spd Reinhardt. Watersweep-Phantom Spd Reinhardt with Ally Support can still take out Phantom Spd Nowi. I would just run Deflect Magic since Reinhardts usually run Moonbow-Quickened Pulse.

I think the -Res is fine. Nowi should run neutral Speed to make it harder for enemy Reinhardts to activate Watersweep.

I'm usually the first to complain about pity breakers, but when Frederick is the only green focus unit on a banner, you can appreciate the appearance of an exclusive 5* green unit popping up on your free summon:

Spoiler

WAC3KaI.jpg

I was hoping for blue stones to show up because I don't have a 5* Nowi yet, and Dragons are pretty strong right now with a weapon upgrade. If there were no blues, I was hoping for red because I straight up don't have any base Lucina yet (only Masked). But yeah, 3 green stones and 2 white. The best outcome.

Edited by Raven

@XRay Okay, cool. I'd love to make Brave Lyns cry, although I'll just scramble together a budget version since I need more Brave Ikes

Anyway, I caved and spent orbs on the Christmas banner to try and get Lissa/Chrom for a 40% bonus.

Didn't get any.

That said, I did get a +Atk/-Def Soren in my main account! Also got another rare Roy (first a Hinata, now Roy, hooray for good red fodder after so long!)

And my second account finally gave me a Camilla that's not -Res! 4 star +Atk/-HP this time! (compared to my +Spd/-Res and 5 star +Atk/-Res). Also received a +Def/-Res 4 star Ogma (already have a +Atk though) and Henry as notable fodder.

Got another 3star as my free pull(Henry this time).

Found a gift card given to me by work about a year ago. I went ahead and dumped it in and did a few more pulls. Got me a +Res/-Def Lissa. Cute as a button she is. Which means all I am missing is Chrom(though I wouldn't mind another Robin, the one I got was +HP/-Spd). Also I can't believe it. I was able to get a 75 pack thanks to that gift card and I netted me an 5* Athena and a Y!Tiki on top of everything else, maybe the game is trying to make up for all the 3* free pulls I have been getting? Would have prefered W!Tharja's, but now I don't need to promote an Athena just to down merge her to herself to give her her weapon. The Tiki is +Spd/-Def. Not sure if that is better or worse than +ATK/-RES. Also got a few Subaki's. I really wish he had QR 3 at 4* instead of 5*.

But yeah time to start cleaning up my Barracks. I am starting to run into my cap and don't want to pay for more space. Need to figure out who I can merge and who needs to stay has skill fodder and who I can just give the boot. Uggh, probably my least favorite part of this game.

@LordFrigid  MY FREE PULL ON THE TT BANNER WAS FINALLY A +ATK CAEDA. I think I’d prefer -DEF to -HP, but I’ll take it. I can finally promote her and not feel any regret!!!

To make things better, I spent orbs on the refining banner for Jaffar, but got Minerva. So I could give her LaD if I really wanted to, but I think I may go with Fury.... I also got a 5* Cain for Brave Sword+ even though I already had an Ogma for that. But my favorite pull was a 4* Soleil. She’s like +DEF -HP, so I could totally use her for Firesweep Sword+ fodder while waiting for a better copy. 

I’m so happy!!!!

I got a four star +Attk, -SPD Soleil with my free pull. I went back to the Christmas banner and got another Lissa, this time +Def, -Res. I decided since both of my Lissa's have good Iv's I'd keep them as separate units and make 2 armor teams. Still, I really want Chrom!

free pull was 3*Stahl.  I am waiting until Christmas eve to try again for C!Robin, but if tomorrow is as bad as the rest of this week has been I may pull then.

*Opens Heroes and sees Frederick on a banner at last*

Me: OMG FREDERICK IS BACK! HUSBAND IS FINALLY BACK! <3

I go to do the free summon. No greens.

Next two sessions: No greens! :(

Out of four sessions, I only get one green. Cecilia. Meh.

Then finally, two sessions with two greens each.

And my very last orbs:

W2Xmeuz.png

I ACTUALLY PULLED HIM! <3 *fangirl squee* YEEEE

I checked his IVs for fun and lol, +Spd, -Atk. But no matter. I wanted merges for this. :3

AVhIzjm.png

46 def. <3 That means 52 with a Fortify Cav boost and I like using him most with other horses. Good luck killing him without magic!

I finally decided to do some chain challenges now that I have an actual team that isn't a hodge podge mess.

And look who finally showed up.

6KpRP54.pngLM7G7RK.png

Now all that's left is Robin and I'll be 100% satisfied with this banner.

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Well damn. She's +Atk/-Res, too! I'm not sure how I feel about this, I *was* going to upgrade a +Def/-Spd one to make Dragon Defense emblem (my defense wins dried up :(... ) but on the other hand, this saves me feathers.... -4 in Res kind of sucks though 

@Ice Dragon  @XRay @MrSmokestack maybe @Arcanite? Thoughts on building this Nowi instead of +Def/-Spd? But yeah, damn I think this is my 2nd free focus summon for my second account.

If you're going for a defense team build, XRay's works well.

For offense or general use, you have a lot of options. Standard fare is something along the lines of

Lightning Breath+ [Def / Res]
Reposition / Reciprocal Aid
Moonbow / Glimmer / Bonfire / Ignis / Aether
Triangle Adept 3 / Fury 3 / Steady Breath
Quick Riposte 3 / Swordbreaker 3

depending on what you want her to do.

The fruits of me purchasing my way to a little more than 50 orbs.

7jGXxiU.png?18YkXvzH.png?1

The first is +Res/-HP while the second is +Spd/-Atk. I'm inclined to say the first one is the one to go with, so she's the one I'm going to train up. Also, that Mae got +Spd/-HP so I might just build her up and give her Blarblade+ and LaD3 down the line.

Not pictured: 4* Arthur, 4* Odin because of course he had to show up again at some point, 4* Catria, 4* Titania, 4* Nowi

9 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@LordFrigid  MY FREE PULL ON THE TT BANNER WAS FINALLY A +ATK CAEDA. I think I’d prefer -DEF to -HP, but I’ll take it. I can finally promote her and not feel any regret!!!

To make things better, I spent orbs on the refining banner for Jaffar, but got Minerva. So I could give her LaD if I really wanted to, but I think I may go with Fury.... I also got a 5* Cain for Brave Sword+ even though I already had an Ogma for that. But my favorite pull was a 4* Soleil. She’s like +DEF -HP, so I could totally use her for Firesweep Sword+ fodder while waiting for a better copy. 

I’m so happy!!!!

Congrats! Is it wrong that I only wondered why I had been tagged in the pull topic for a couple seconds before assuming you’d gotten a +Atk Caeda?

Very nice on the Minerva as well! I’d definitely go Fury over LaD for -HP unmerged Brave.

Edited by LordFrigid

31 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Congrats! Is it wrong that I only wondered why I had been tagged in the pull topic for a couple seconds before assuming you’d gotten a +Atk Caeda?

Very nice on the Minerva as well! I’d definitely go Fury over LaD for -HP unmerged Brave.

I already had Fury on her, so I hadn't sacrificed Minerva yet. I may keep her around for a bit and see if anyone wants LaD in the near future. If not...I may just merge her since I've already got a +1 one already. But Caeda is complete, and I couldn't be happier. XD I may add merges someday, but Merric, Raven, Lucius, Leon, and Lukas are my primary focuses for the moment.

80ak6nz.png?1

Got a bunch of orbs for my friend on his account, he pulled a Christmas Lissa. She's +atk -spd, I think that's fine.

EDIT: Pandog pulled a +def -spd m!Robin. Glad that both my friends pulled a Christmas hero.

Edited by Sunwoo