Alright, I've been saving orbs since the New Year started. Pulling only red and green since I was lucky enough to score Takumi on my first full pull.

First attempt. 2 blue, 1 grey, 2 green.

Spoiler

4* Raven +Atk/-Res

4* Soren

Whoa, I'll be getting to work on Raven, that's a great nature for a brave user.

Second attempt. 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 2 grey.

Spoiler

3* Barst +Def/-Res

4* Cain +HP/-Spd

Both great fodder.

Third attempt. 1 red, 3 blue, 1 grey

Spoiler

3* Stahl + HP/-Res

Trash colors and a trash unit.

Fourth attempt. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 grey

Spoiler

5* Katarina + spd/-Def 

4* Stahl Neutral

Continuing the trend of the game giving me optimal off-focus 5 stars instead of seasonals. I'm not about to complain, she must have heard that I finished promoting Clarisse and Legion.

Pity rate broken. Fifth attempt. 2 red, 2 blue, 1 green

Spoiler

4* Hawkeye +HP/-Atk

4* Caeda +Res/-HP

4* Seth Neutral

Hey, Seth is another new face. So the only remaining 4 star unit I need to collect is Oscar now.

Sixth attempt. 3 red, 2 grey

Spoiler

3* A!Tiki +Spd/-Def

4* M!Corrin +Spd/-Res

4* Lonqu +HP/-Atk

Whoa, that's optimal Corrin isn't it? 

Seventh attempt. 2 red, 2 green, 1 grey

Spoiler

4* Soleil +Spd/-HP

4* Hana +Res/-Atk

4* Bartre +Atk/-HP

5* NY! Azura +Spd/-Res

Yes! The curse is broken, I have pulled one version of Azura. Unfortunately that Res bane will drop her arena score by a full point, but the Spd boon is still huge for her survivability. Also a really good Soleil, but the exact same nature as the one I recently promoted. Will be happy to pass on her sword though. Also I'm so close to an optimal Bartre. That's my third +Atk/-HP of him. Just gotta stop getting -HP, he's the best non-armor user of Panic Ploy, so it's key to his niche.

Well that's all I want from this banner for now, always take the opportunity to add dancers to the collection. I'd love to have Camilla and put this banner totally behind me, but we don't know what amazing banners could show up for the 1 year anniversary, so I'm sitting on my orbs until we get more information at the end of the month. Glad this wasn't a repeat of the tragedy of last month's banner.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 3 colourless and and 2 red orbs on the New Years banner. The gods have truly blessed me this morn.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.be77293d9464a3608e62c4a9f9623a6b.png

Looks like +spd/-def (will have to figure out what that means later..)

image.png.d1441dcc87bc687680c710fffa3bbd28.png

What are you doing here, Azama! Get out! You know what you did!

6 minutes ago, Pandog said:

I got 3 colourless and and 2 red orbs on the New Years banner. The gods have truly blessed me this morn.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.be77293d9464a3608e62c4a9f9623a6b.png

Looks like +spd/-def (will have to figure out what that means later..)

image.png.d1441dcc87bc687680c710fffa3bbd28.png

What are you doing here, Azama! Get out! You know what you did!

Man! I still haven't gotten him! Congrats, though.

%4 rate on new year banner had 20 orbs and the results :

1- 4* Klein (+HP -Speed)

2- 4* Tharja (+Attack -Defense) 

3- 4* Hawkeye (+Defense -Resistance)

4- 5* Mia (+Attack -Defense)

5- 3* Serra (+Send Home -Send Home)

SO HAPPY ABOUT MIA AND SHE HAS GOOD IVs TOO !

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

For some reason, my Arthurian luck vanished and I pulled all the New Year's focus units within 5 sniping sessions of each other.  Naturally, I had some unsuccessful snipes before that, but still, I was quite impressed :O

I only wish I'd been that fortunate with the recent Legendary Heroes and Christmas Banner.  I didn't pull a single 5* unit in Legendary Heroes, and I got 2 Christmas Lissas instead of the Christmas Chrom that I wanted.

I could've saved up my orbs for the next banner, but I couldn't help but spend them all on the Tempest Trials banner in an attempt to get Frederick.  Alas, I only managed to get 2 4* Boeys, a 4* Hinata, and a 3* Gaius.

So...I had a little moment of weakness and chose to try for Camilla for a bit. No Camilla but this happened

Spoiler

So this Airzura is +Def -Res which is inferior to my +Atk -Spd (Yes, I like her current nature)...So should I merge her or should I give Hone Fliers to someone like Cherche/Minerva/etc.?

Edited by Alexmender

My appearance rate for the New Years banner is 4.5%. What is this shit? I now fucking hate Clarine, Gaius, Virion, and Kagero. Starting to feel like I'm never going to get Takumi on this banner.

I'm weak as hell! I spent every orb I had but at least I got something nice

Spoiler

Sigurd is +Def -Spd which is an improvement over the +Hp -Atk one I had, the third Airzura has the same nature as my first one (+Atk -Spd)...Airzura+2 here we go!

No NY!Camilla though.

Edited by Alexmender

On 1/9/2018 at 8:38 AM, Sunwoo said:

My appearance rate for the New Years banner is 4.5%. What is this shit? I now fucking hate Clarine, Gaius, Virion, and Kagero. Starting to feel like I'm never going to get Takumi on this banner.

Happens very often I guess - as they say its gacha. I recently tried out a new game called the alchemist code - besides being a much deeper game it also has a much more user friendly gacha system even with guaranteed results. So I am a little bit disappointed with IS and nintendo. A 4,50 pity rate is either a lot of money or a lot of grind, well, rather a lot of time saving up orbs. Getting nothing can be depressing.

The Happy New Year banner is still going well. I got my first Katarina on the next session after focus Azura. -resistance +HP. Since she has a ploy skill I'd prefer her not have a resistance bane but she is effectively neutral on offense so I'm still happy.

World of Dawn time.

Free summon is...!

Effie.

...kay.

First summoning session got me Effie, Lukas, Hana, Selena, and Arthur.

Next session... Micaiah in the one and only blue orb.

+Atk -Def. I think that might be the best nature she could have as an offensive unit.

One session later, Sothe. +Spd -Res. I swear I'm not lying, a +Atk Micaiah with one of her most acceptable banes, and Sothe who is +Spd and a bane of a defensive nature.

Edited by Xenomata

I GOT A SOTHE! +RES/-SPD Sothe, so not ideal, but still, that's one more Sothe than I expected to get! His ATK is intact, so I'll make him work somehow.

Also got a 5-Star Catria in the first session. +ATK/-HP... Dunno if that's better than my +ATK/-DEF one or not.

Overall, looking forward to trying to get Micaiah/Zelgius over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

My free pull was a three-star Shanna (lone blue in a set).
My second pull was a four-star Clair (lone blue on a set).

My third pull was a lone blue on a set.

My third pull was her:
Screenshot_20180112-143201.png

Praise Ashunera.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @Arcanite @Rezzy @mcsilas

EDIT: HP/Atk, apparently. But of course.

Edited by Vaximillian

Free pull was 4* Clair, last summon on that round was a 5* Clair +spd/-hp. Clair apparently loves me now. Really wish one of them was Lukas I must say. I want Lukas. 

Good news though a bit more pulling later and

image.png

Boom! The one I wanted most! +def/-hp. Congrats Mic you might survive the odd bow or dagger! And I’ve still got 80 orbs left for whatever comes next. 

A little over 100 orbs in and all I have to show for it is a -spd Linde. Bleh. Pity rate's at 3.5%, reckon I'll keep going with TT orbs until that's broken then call it quits. (I switched to blue sniping about 30 orbs in)

Amongst the mediocre fodder is my first Leon but he's +HP -Def. One Hinata, one Selena and three Shannas otherwise.

Edited by Humanoid

One pull off of the anti-horse banner and some more off of the Tellius one (for 625 total pulled units), and. . .

Spoiler

8dMwTIF.jpg

2PwkW8m.jpg

rwSJVBz.jpg

I DID NOT PULL MICAIAH!  SUCCESS! (no really, she was the one unit I didn't want)

For boons/banes:

Spoiler

Effie (+Def/-Res): I have a +Atk/-Spd one already.  This one will either join her better incarnation, or be used as Wary Fighter fodder.  I need to think about this.

Serra (+Res/-Def): One day, there will be a time that I could really use you.  In an alternate dimension where you're actually useful.
Peri (+Res/-HP): I sometimes use that aura of yours.
Raigh (+Atk/-HP): I like this combo a lot.  I guess Keen -wolf would work?  Man, if only I could -owl him. . .
Sully (+Atk/-Def): Crap.  This one's useful.  Pity, because I really like giving Draw Back + Swordbreaker to stuff!
Jagen (+Atk/-Def): I. . .uh, have one of you already.  Still, with all the horses I just pulled, this will be useful!

Fir (+Atk/-HP): Since I already have another +Atk one trained up, you'll pass Speed +3 to someone.  Yes, it's useful!
Felicia (+Res/-Atk): This is. . .bad.  Luckily, she can pass on Breath of Life!
Zelgius (+Def/-Atk): 41 Defense is damn impressive.  33 base Attack is average.  I. . .can live with this.  Welcome to the "that's not an ideal bane" club!

So all the good fodder has amazing combos, and the combat units have questionable ones.  Still, it's better than no Tellius unit!

In the span of 5 pulls (not all in the same session), I got the following 5* units:

• Takumi, +HP, -Atk. Garbage IVs and my second one, so Close Counter fodder.
  • Micaiah, +Spd, -Def. Yes! Her Spd isn't great but those IVs are still better than neutral so I'll take it.
  • Eirika. I don't remember the IVs and I already fed her into my other (they weren't great, and my other is +Spd, -Def). This is the 3rd 5* Eirika I've pulled.

Still gunning for Sothe, but low on orbs and space. I also got a few Kleins, which is great because I had no Death Blow fodder.

After getting pity broken by a Nephenee(-Atk/+HP is pretty abysmal, but I like her and she's my first so I'll keep her as a trophy) I felt down enough to dip into my holiday bonus. Luckily I didn't go too far down the rabbit hole and came out with a Micaiah~ -Spd/+Res is definitely workable, even if it limits her potential against things that aren't mages. I will make this work.