• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KMT4ever Sorry to hear you didn't get her yet. Good luck on her next banner! I hope you can make something good out of what you got. 

@Rafiel's Aria Cool, congratulations! Free pull and one of your favs, double sweet! If you don't need the final merge for arena scoring immediately, I would wait with that. Perhaps you'll get lucky another time? 

@Infinite Dreams Nice, that looks like my summon from the first easter banner (back when I didn't know what these banners were all about) where I got Xander and Camilla in one session. Congratulations! 

@mcsilas I have similar mixed feelings about the upcoming legendary banner, sorry to hear you didn't get anything from the first session. For my plan to pull from the 4* banner it would be better a bad legendary banner too. At least I have some orbs left. 

I gave myself a limit of 40 orbs and got a 3* +ATK/-RES Matthew (should I use him over my 4* neutral copy, @Zeo ?) aaaand with my last pull: 

wOswwG8.png

Another +ATK/-RES, fine! While she wasn't of top priority, I'm pretty happy to still have a complete Flier collection.  @Poimagic

Edited by mampfoid

@Rafiel's Aria Grats! Pulling the unit you're merging is the best feeling! @mcsilas Sorry about that man but you just never know. Maybe next time.

@mampfoid @Cute Chao So I planned to do the discounted full pull and I did. 15 orbs out 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue, 2 colorless no five stars and free pull was Marth who I haven't seen in a while. Blue was a *3 Subaki, green was a *4 fae, colorless 1 was a *4 Rebecca(!) and the Final. Colorless. Stone. Was.

7SK97zI.png

Heck. Yeah. 

5Okk2FZ.png

Matt was neutral, maybe +ATK/-HP another day. By the way! That Rebecca there? That's my 2nd Rebecca ever and she's +ATK/-DEF! Probably either her best or second best nature next to +SPD/-Bulk. Might make her a firesweep archer. Dunno yet. Anyways. 15 orbs well spent. Not spending anything else this month except on the Legendary Hero banner when it drops.

Plan is to get one of them then play it by ear. Didn't go as planned. 120 orbs down the drain with absolutely nothing to show for it.

4* Gwendolyn +Def -HP
4* Odin +Res -Def
4* Azama +Spd -Def
3* Frederick +Def -HP

4* Sully +Atk -HP
3* Felicia +Res -Atk
3* Oboro +Def -Res
4* Bartre +Res -Atk

3* Gunter +HP -Def
4* Lissa +Atk -HP
4* Soren +Def -Atk
3* Gaius +Def -Res

3* Odin +Atk -HP
3* Gunter +Def -Spd
4* Jeorge +Def -HP
4* Jeorge +Def -Spd

4* Nino +Res -Def
4* Florina +Spd -HP

4* Barst +Res -Def
4* Titania +Def -Spd
4* Effie +Spd -Atk
3* Donnel +Res -HP
4* Lukas +Res -HP

4* Boey +Res -Spd
4* Camilla +Def -HP
4* Clarine +Spd -HP
4* Rebecca +Spd -Def

3* Setsuna Neutral
4* Merric +Res -Atk

Spring banner is rigged or something, just had the best luck I've had in this game. I told myself to save and see who's on the legendary banner coming up but for some reason my gut told me to summon on the new banner, spend like 20-40 orbs max. In about 110 orbs I've gotten 6 five star units: Hardin(free summon), Linde, Spring Kagero, two spring Alphonse, and Spring Catria. My greed is crying out for Sharena but I've finally got another one of my favs :)

Got the 2 I wanted, but did pretty badly on the IVs.

220 orbs got me: +def -res Bunny Kagero, +res -atk Bunny Catria, and a random +res -spd Micaiah. As usual my 5* rate is terrible, and shit ivs strike at me again. Not too upset since I did manage to get them, but I still hate ivs. Kagero's meh, but I'm especially bummed about Catria. I was really hoping to use her but she'll probably be on the bench now. Between this and my -atk F Morgan I'm not doing good with ivs this month.

Also as a bonus, despite 220 orbs worth of mainly colorless pulling, I still have yet to ever get a regular Kagero, however I did get my first Sothe and 2 Kleins at least.

Edited by Alkaid

@Zeo Cool, what's that now? Matthew +7? Endgame Matthew incoming! 

What do you think about my new +ATK/-RES Matthew I mentioned above? Better him or neutral? 

@Humanoid Ouch, that hurts. Sorry man. If you don't want to make a +10 Jeorge, that was a pretty bad streak. Except for Rebecca (perfect nature) even all the other natures are bad. 

@Thane Welp, better go back to bed ... sorry about that. 

@mcsilas Thanks! Since she is pretty unique, I will build a team around her. I'm pretty new to the debuffing business, but I came to like it playing Morgan and Felicia in TTs. Keep some Virions though, you never know who wants it in the future. Perhaps we'll get other nice units with counter reducing skills. 

Edited by mampfoid

@Zeo @mampfoid oh nice colourless pulls there!

mampfoid- i put that Virion to good use at least, I have his Astra to Cherche if ever I give Galeforce to her one day. I think that's what I'll do with every Virion in the future and prep people for GF.

awesome nature though and the one i wanted because of her uniqueness. At least you have her for the collection!

zeo- yeah the smarter me should have backed out or even delayed the pull until after the banner since we have 32 days lol. Oh well i needed to vent out work stuff so wasting orbs is a nice way of doing that haha. 

Besides Bowbreaker is always useful these days so I'm making do with what I have haha.

I started with a little over 200 orbs.

50 minutes ago, Florete said:

In 11 pulls I've gotten Catria and Sharena, which is pretty awesome, but the +HP curse is real. Lately it seems every 5* I get that I actually want is +HP. Catria is -Res so it's not that bad but Sharena is -Spd, which is just awful. Bleh. Time to snipe for Kagero.

After that I was somewhere around 165-175. I eventually got Kagero...when I was down to 11 orbs, literally the last pull before I couldn't risk going back in. She's -Atk, +Spd, which isn't awful, but -Atk is never fun. And since it was colorless hell, I got a lot of worthless fodder for all those orbs. I'm happy I got all three, but ouch...I sure hope the coming legendary isn't someone I want.

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Cool, what's that now? Matthew +7? Endgame Matthew incoming! 

What do you think about my new +ATK/-RES Matthew I mentioned above? Better him or neutral? 

@Humanoid Ouch, that hurts. Sorry man. If you don't want to make a +10 Jeorge, that was a pretty bad streak. Except for Rebecca (perfect nature) even all the other natures are bad. 

@Thane Welp, better go back to bed ... sorry about that. 

I already got a Rebecca with the same nature as a 5* pitybreaker almost a whole year ago, and barely use her, sadly. The Jeorge situation is weird, I got just one Jeorge in the entire first year of FEH. Then three this month.

Anyway, being a glutton for punishment I got together some paralogue and quest orbs and went again.

4* Rebecca +Spd -Res
5* Spring Kagero +Spd -Res

Well, glad that's over after a brief scare with that almost-identical Rebecca. Unfortunately the rest of the orbs were red so I couldn't even leverage my 4.25% pity rate, but with the good nature that's a fair enough tradeoff. So then, 140ish orbs, 1 focus unit, and a few additional merges for my 4 star projects. Can't say it was good value, but I guess I'm thankful I managed to avoid a pitybreaker at that high percentage.

Next week's Legendary banner will be close to a write-off, I'm down to 13 orbs now, but at least there's not likely to be anyone rare that I'm really keen to get from it (I have all the legendary heroes except whoever the new one will be, and none of the likely seasonal repeats interest me). I'll still probably put whatever my orb balance is into it, but that's probably two full pulls at best. Thracia will probably also be a write-off, but unless any of them have particularly great stats, I'm not in a hurry to get them (as I know next to nothing about Thracia).

Edited by Humanoid

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

but ouch...I sure hope the coming legendary isn't someone I want.

Summoning remorse can come later I suppose. It slipped my mind earlier but we still haven't heard of the colourless dragon and the next legendary banner might introduce a new character. I'm praying to the gacha gods that I'm not gonna regret blowing all of my orbs on cute buns.

@mampfoid +7 Indeed! As for that Matthew... that's a tough sale vs Neutral. +ATK is his best boon and most people would tell you +ATK/-RES is his best nature. But you've seen my Matthew and how crucial those 4 points of RES can be sometimes. Most people use him as a physical tank so they dump his RES. I use him as a mixed tank. Ultimately it's up to you and what you want to do with your Matthew.

Grats on that Kagero also. Would usually be jealous, but it's really, really hard to be disappointed pulling Matthew.

@mcsilas Yeah, I had 15 orbs when the banner dropped so I'll grab the 15 from the new maps, the last 7 from the tempest and whatever orbs come our way until the banner drops will be saved up. A solid 40-50. Not the greatest but I've been at 0 when a legendary banner dropped so it's pretty good in the scheme of things.

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

...Wanna trade him for my Shiro?  He pity broke me in literally the last seconds of the banner.  He was my very last pull...

Already got one, but hey if you want still Boey, sure

I really wish we could trade.

I'm fucking salty and generally pissed off with this game. Over 100 Orbs put into all the blue, green and colourless, and a mother fucking Mist breaks my pity rate.

I am literally done with anything that is not a Legendary banner from here on out. Special banners and anything else that gives the chance to pity break you can fuck right off. Fuck it all.

@Zeo Thanks! Perhaps she'll replace Valter on my TTs Flier team once he maxes HM. 

I also found a +SPD/-DEF copy of Matthew. I will sit on those, no pressure to use/build him yet. I have other daggers to max out first (Felicia, Kagero, perhaps even Saizo). 

@Raven Damn sorry, that sucks (never got a Mist though ...). It's hard to keep some Orbs together and pity breakers make it even harder. Good luck on the legendary banner then. 

Decided to splurge some again for this banner, but with just the free orbs from the last few days and from Paralogue, I somehow got another 5* Mathilda. +Res -HP, which is pretty neat I suppose.

Anyways, Green orbs do not exist. But I did manage a HatF!Kagero +Res -HP. Could be better, but hey whose complaining.

A different HatF!Kagero is +Res -HP. I guess at least now I have Lethal Carrot+ fodder?

Sharena decided to appear... eventually. +Atk -Spd.

...also Genny that same session. +HP -Def, but she'd be Wrathful Staff fodder anyways, so... neat.

5* Jeorge. +Res -Def.

Later, another Sharena. +Def -HP isn't good, but it also isn't -Spd so forgive and bring up bitterly.

Last 5* is Alfonse, +Def -HP. Neat.

And that's my lot. Overall, goes to show that Green Orbs remain a myth only seen by some.

Maybe I should do something with the good natured Matthews I've been hoarding for no reason. I've got Atk/Res, Atk/HP and Spd/HP. I've levelled the first of those to 4* 40 but he doesn't have any skills other than his default ones.

First though, I'm promoting Caeda to be Kagero's levelling buddy (and shore up her shaky defensive stats). "Fortunately" all the junk units I got today being sent home means I have just enough to do it. Caeda is Spd/HP when I'd prefer +Atk, but seeing as I've only gotten two of her, ever, I don't think waiting will get me anywhere.

Sadly the only 4* Shanna I have has a great nature (Spd/HP) and for now I can't afford to promote a 3* one for Kagero's Desperation.

CYaOO8S.png

@Rezzy @Vaximillian @GuiltyLove @Arcanite In 105, this was the only pull with 5*s in it I had. I managed to both get the bunny I cared the least about AND an off-focus (most of the time, I'd rather the off-focus pull having never happened at all, though this one is an exception since my pity was broken anyway). Welp. Guess I'll try again next month, though I also have to save a bit for Thracia.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

*Snip*

Congrats on the Matthew. Can't wait to see the finished unit :D

On the other hand, my luck is still very much akin to the dodo. I started with 170 orbs and had one goal - Adorable Alfonse.

Two Sharenas and a Hawkeye later, I have no more orbs. I've even used the ones from the paralogue. On top of that, I even got rubbish fodder - only one Barst to boot -.-

That being said, two new 5*'s (one not a new character but saves me 20k feathers). I've made a vow to spend no money on this banner, due to the ratio of males to females, but I will continue spending my orbs on it until the banner ends or Adorable Alfonse is mine. If I don't get him, I suppose it also gives me a shot at getting Gunnthra on a future legendary. Still a month to go, though, so I still have hope. Does mean I'm very unlikely to get Finn and Ephraim, though.

Reminds me of my luck on the previous Spring Banner. Got three Bunny Camillas, a Julia and an Olwen before I finally got Bunny Chrom -.-

@Thane

Ouch! I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I have managed to get some 5*s from my orbs!

Honestly, stat-wise any of there would be fine. None hit over 50 Atk at neutral natures, but still.

In the end, I'll only be trying for Kagero because dagger flier.

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Blue

3* Azama (Asshat once again.), 4* Gaius (Merge fodder. +Spd/-Atk), 5* Bunnero (WOOOO! ALREADY? Neutral, I'm okay with this.)

I'm already done. 8 orbs, I am done. This is like M!Morgan all over again and I am okay with that, back to Thracia.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ouch! I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I have managed to get some 5*s from my orbs!

I did get a Takumi and Kagerou eventually, and Kagerou's nature was even acceptable (-Def +Res), so that's nice. It's still the most orbs I've ever spent in one go without getting anything though. Thought for sure I'd be able to get both Kagerou and Catria with almost 300 orbs, but joke's on me.

At least I've got 44 orbs left. Bring it on, Leif.

Now I'm up to 803 total pulled units.

Spoiler

Palla (+Spd/-Res): So much for passing Moonbow.

Beruka (+Spd/-Def): You, on the other hand, don't work very well with +Spd.

Hinata (+Atk/-HP): FURY FODD--wait what.  Will need to check the boon/bane of my other one, because this is pretty good.
Ogma (+Atk/-Res): And then I pulled Hinata's sword, except Ogma doesn't want to let go of it.
Eliwood (+Def/-Atk): Blazing Durandal can't save this. . .
Draug (+HP/-Def): That's not helpful!
Lachesis (+Atk/-Def): This is. . .competence!  Oh my, what is the world coming to?

Barst (+Res/-Atk): NO.  Especially not on a Brave user!
Raigh (+Res/-Spd): This is not what I meant by Sophia on a budget!
Jeorge (neutral): Eh.  I have a good one somewhere in my barracks.
Serra (+Res/-Spd): Wow, this sucks.  And no one wants your stuff, either.
Saizo (+Res/-Def): This doesn't make you Matthew.

Soren (+Res/-Def): Not the shenanigans I had in mind.
Subaki (+Res/-HP): QR and Swap is one of my favorite inheritance combos.
Stahl (+HP/-Spd): On the surface, this is awful.  However, he can run Panic Ploy better than Luke can ever hope to do, and his Spd is a lost cause anyway.  Probably won't do it, but it's fun to think about.
Stahl (+Def/-Spd): This, on the other hand, lacks the charm of the previous one.  Xander completely outclasses him, and has DC to boot.
Gaius (+Spd/-Atk): Oh hey, the one bane he absolutely despises!

Lukas (+Spd/-Atk): My Brave Lukas could use some merges. . .
Robin (+Def/-Spd): This is Spring Camilla without her massive Atk.  Sorry, man.
Raven (+Def/-HP): That is unfortunate.  Welp, merge levels!

Subaki (+Res/-Atk): Best defensive inheritance IMO.
Cherche (neutral): EH.
Lucius (+Spd/-HP): Hmmm.  I kind-of like killing things dead by hitting them, as opposed to not being doubled as much.

Overall, not a bad haul, even if I'm on a 4% pity rate.