6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I was quite afraid of auntie Tailtiu crashing on my parade, heh. That didn’t happen, though.

I’d actually choose –Spd for Lilina if going for Forblaze or blade+. Her physical bulk is barely existent, but it might help to keep her alive in case of DC, and then Desperation+Brash ahead. Or does she still not survive? No idea, to be honest.

I've definitely noticed my -Def Lilina being unable to survive a counter from someone like BK or sometimes even Hector where a neutral one might.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went in for a few more rounds before the Genealogy banner closed.

Lene is now +5, Ares is +1, and Ishtar is +2 switching to +Atk -Res. Sothe and +Def -Atk Hinoka were pitybreakers. (Hinoka, you are not a tank, those IVs are hugely sandbagging. Hone Fliers is much more valuable on someone else.)

Was surprised to see Ares get dropped (see the bridal banner details).

The new bridal banner, free pulls, junk on both accounts.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

@Zeo Impressive luck! A flying Sanaki and a Chrom merge in just two sessions.

As for me, my first session gave me this:

Spoiler

N5O79Fk.jpg

Neat! Definitely not what I was expecting. She’s +hp/-spd which is a bummer but still serviceable and at least now I have the whole family at 5*

However, this is a seasonal banner, and I don’t call quits till I get a focus unit. Ninian is my aim and because I have no self-control and I was not entirely satisfied with this I continued summoning. Around a 100 orbs later:

Spoiler

aLt2iSS.jpg

Ahhhhh! I actually got Ninian! +atk/-def which is second only to +spd. I have neither a flying blue mage or a flying dancer so Ninian perfectly fills in those two roles in my barracks.

Other notable units were my first Nanna and Oscar. Lancebreaker from Oscar is especially something I’ve been wanting and it turns out Nanna has drive def 2 at 4* so they are both premium fodder as far as I’m concerned.

I’m left with only 2 orbs but that’s fine. Hopefully nothing in the Legendary banner will make me want to pull.

I went in deciding I would probably only do my free pull (the first bridal blessings banner has someone I want more plus Morgan'll probably be on the stance banner) and ended with one of my luckiest free summons ever: a +atk/-res Ninian, the only character I even remotely wanted from this banner and I am so excited because now I finally have a mage flier to replace Nowi and I don't care if she's got lower stats and should be supportive instead of offensive I WILL MAKE IT WORK

Spent 200 orbs in the new bridal banner and I must say that I am very salty.

First 5*: B!Tharja (+hp -spd) A bad start already but at least I got one of the brides.

Second 5*: Julia (+hp -res) Are you serious game, this is my 3rd Julia. Anyone want one?

Third 5*: Siegbert (+def -spd) Pity breaking game is strong right now. IVs so far is bad.

Fourth 5*: Kana (+atk -def) So far the most decent IV combo.....pity breaking rises....

Fifth 5*: Myrrh (+Res -hp) I have no more orbs remaining. Really wanted Sanaki or Ninian but a Myrrh isn't that bad actually. Be back summoning again once I have 20 orbs.

Couldn't resist the urge to get the new Ninian, so I started yet another round. 3 blue, 1 red, 1 colourless. Nothing good came from the blues or the red. My pity rate was at 3%, so I thought "hell, I will use these 3 orbs for the colourless, I do need some more Rebeccas, so it's fine". I got Takumi. So yeah, not counting the free Takumi, this is my second. Clouse Counter for Rebecca incoming, sooner than I expected, and I don't even have to use 20k feathers for it. Now I'm left with only 30 orbs, so I will wait for the reveal of the legendary banner. Hopefully the new unit won't be Lucina (never thought I would say that), so that I won't regret spending almost all of my orbs for the bridal banner.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Congrats on the Horse Eirika! Again, a nice niche filling unit (if you didn't have her already)

Thanks! Yeah, she is my first red tome Cav ever, so she fills an important niche. I'll think of a new horse emblem around her and Olgreen after TTs. 

5* units will come also to you again next time, they always have. 

@NegativeExponents- Nice Ninian, congratulations! Who will be her team mates? 

Edited by mampfoid

+HP, -Res Bridal Tharja. She looks gorgeous, at least. +Attack -Res Bridal Ninian. Sucks about that superbane, but hell, I’ll take her.

@Zeo Hah. You got Chrom whilst my first red was Lucina(-ATK).

Uggh, banner is terrible. 40 orbs and a not a single green in sight. Not entirely sure why I dropped orbs here. None of the units are super wanty for me, but I think I want Sanaki just cause A) I don't have regular Sanaki even and B) just cause of the controversy. No such thing as bad publicity, yes?

I spent roughly around 180 orbs and got two Bridal Tharjas (+Def, -Res & +Spd, -Atk) and a Bride Ninian! (+Atk, -Def) with Saber (+Res, -HP) and Katarina (Neutral)  as pity-breakers. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the outcome and now I can save for Bridal Charlotte or Winter Tharja!

Just not very sure which Bridal Tharja I'll merge and which I'll use... Leaning more towards +Spd.

I think I might start believing in karma.  My free summon on the last two banners netted me BOTH Ishtar and B! Sanaki.  This is after the cursed Legendary Hero banner at the beginning of the month where I spent 400 orbs and got 0 Lyns. 

Free pull was a 4*Merric since the circle only had green and colorless.  Back to hoarding orbs for when someone I want is on a banner.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Rezzy

I did some frustrated summoning and I did have 164 orbs so I thought, I could drop a few more orbs on my second account. I caved from all the posts about Ninian, and I did need to summon blues for fodder (Shanna please)...

Frustration went to a high point when I summoned a double Oboro, then another Oboro and Est in the next session. (Est was +Atk/-Res at least so I should probably upgrade my 3*+10 +Spd/-Def one). 

One final one before going to bed and...

tumblr_p92zcxwkWM1qcrdmuo1_400.pngtumblr_p92zcxwkWM1qcrdmuo2_400.png

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Sky Ninian graced me with her presence, and with a very nice +Res/-Def! Brianna is such a great VA, her voice lines are heart-melting and soul-cleansing! 

Plus I also summoned my first Morgan M, who is +Spd/-Res as well! Im fine with not having Brideja since this is a very workable spread!

Odin was nice enough to tag along to give Ninian Blarblade and Moonbow. Also I needed more Gunthers as well.

I'm content to be done with this banner as I don't need the other brides too much.

Kinda disappointed I'm 60 orbs down before the Legendary banner coming soon but the TT should alleviate that. Still a good haul and I can retire from the banner satisfied. Did want to save for Bridelia but this will do.

@NegativeExponents- Nice summon! Grabbing some nice fliers is always nice :D

Edited by mcsilas

I was able to get B!Tharja and some Soleil merges but Tharja is -spd ;-;. Normally I would try to get another one but I've only got 45 orbs left. That's not enough and I need to save up to see who's on the new banner next month. Oh well, I only really wanted her for the art and she was the perfect excuse to summon on red.

In my quest to get B Tharja I got, for sniping:  4 Eirika, Selena, Olivia, Hawkeye, 3 mCorrin, 2 Cain, 2 Roy, 2 Beruka, 2 Laslow, Seliph, L'Arachel, 3 Hinata, default Tharja, Stahl, Palla, 3 Fir, 4 Eliwood, Raigh, 2 Athena 2 Seth, Boey, Roderick, 2 Sophia,  Lon'qu, Reinhardt, Barte, Merric, Marth, Caeda, 

As for my 5 circle summons

Spoiler

OZKh34y.png

Spoiler

y1xJXkl.png

Spoiler

WmEBQC1.png

Spoiler

JWXV9qY.png

Spoiler

ZQHdvxf.png

Spoiler

ulL4JcN.png

Spoiler

aBtsLfz.png

Spoiler

3FcWwRB.png

Spoiler

eXv9lAa.png

All of there pity breakers stopping from getting Tharja. But in the end I got her two time with amazing ive to boot +spd -res and another with +hp -res. Also got 2 B Sanaki (+hp -spd ) and (+def -hp) sadly, Genny, horse Chrom, Ryoma, Lyn, Katarina, and Zelgius. All for 370 orbs, that's a win in my book. I'm so happy.

Lucked out and picked up B! Sanaki Pack 1; Pick 3.

+hp/-attack (gross)...w/e...

Got my 40% grinder for the next tempest trial, and only had to throw 9 orbs at the banner. 

Done with this one. No one I really want to pull here--free to keep saving up my orbs now.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

43 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

(Est was +Atk/-Res at least so I should probably upgrade my 3*+10 +Spd/-Def one). 

Ew plus-tenning non-five-stars. Ew.
Congrats! I like Enkyo’s Ninian much, much better than Kippu’s Ninian. Almost jelly!

@mcsilas congrats on Ninian and Morgan! I guess you are ready for the party TTs? 

/Edit: I watched the units again and somehow I like Tharjas art the most. So I went in with other 10 orbs to waste ... first red nothing, second +ATK/DEF Leif! 

He is my first Leif, he is strong, he seems cool, but I fear he'll rot on my big heap of Sword Infantry units ... what should I do with him? @Vaximillian @Zeo

Two 5* with 35 orbs (and the free summon) is very good, perhaps I should stop with this banner altogether. 

Edited by mampfoid

I'm pretty sure I'm pulling from the wrong banner or something.

I got 2 copies each of Tharja and Ninian (both Tharjas back-to-back in the same session) and 1 copy of Sanaki (all five of whom have effectively neutral natures with their banes and boons exclusively in HP, Def, or Res), and then... the banner seems to have gotten confused.

I've now gone a whole 96 pulls since the last bride (Sanaki) and pulled 7 pity breakers in that span with no brides in sight... but at least it's some of the better pity breakers in the game:

• Tailtiu: Not sure what to do with her because I already have a +10 and 3 spare 5-star copies.
  • Olwen: Merged to +10. She reaches +10 before Reinhardt does (by virtue of Reinhardt leaving the 5-star pool; he's at +9).
  • Gleipneirika: Merged to +3.
  • Azura: A [+Spd, -Res] copy that finally breaks my pattern of having [+Spd, -Def] as my best pull for every single version of Azura in the game. Will be my new merge base and also gets her to +10. Yay!
  • Alm: Merged to +6.
  • Shiro: Merged to +6.
  • Amelia: [+Spd, -Res], though my [+Spd, -HP] current base is probably better for her. I'll just keep this one around just in case.

Also pulled a twelfth Ayra somewhere in the middle of the brides.

I don't have any more money budgeted towards this game for the remainder of the month, so I'm done buying orbs until next month rolls around to finish getting my +10 Ninian. Thankfully, all of last year's brides I already have at +10 (or with enough copies to get to +10 once I choose a base), so I probably won't be tempted to spend anything until the Legendary Heroes banner.

@mcsilas I would definitely go with -SPD. She's going to be doubled forever regardless but the extra DEF may help out in case she needs to take a hit from a DC unit. Those few hit points could be crucial.

Congrats on the Ninian! She's the unit I wanted most. Hope she serves you well!

@mampfoid -DEF is a superbane for him so that sucks as he'll have 29 DEF, but his offense at +ATK is pretty great and his SPD is incredible. I'd say if you're going to use him just slap Desperation and he'll be fine. Otherwise he won't see too much use I don't think, but save him for Chain Challenges and Tempests since that S-Drink is a really good QoL skill..

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

DEF is a superbane for him so that sucks as he'll have 29 DEF, but his offense at +ATK is pretty great and his SPD is incredible. I'd say if you're going to use him just slap Desperation and he'll be fine. Otherwise he won't see too much use I don't think, but save him for Chain Challenges and Tempests since that S-Drink is a really good QoL skill..

I don't care too much about superbanes, his offense is intact (even slightly improved) so I'm happy. I had the idea to play the story from the beginning with a level 1 team and he's a good candidate for this (replacing Tiki saves me 20k feathers). Usually I have everyone at level 40, but in the unlikely case of a Leif mission, I'll just use some crystals or do a fast level up.