Tried the other Bridal summoning with no expectations

5th in the bunch was Bride Lyn HP+ Res-. Feels like a weird IV, but her utility makes it still interesting for me.

At first I wasn't sure if I should try this, or wait and see what the legendary banner offers.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/27/2018 at 11:39 PM, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria @mcsilas @mampfoid @NegativeExponents-

So I hit both the Bride and Stance banners at the same time. Stance banner gave me some reposition fodder but otherwise nothing worth crap. I could use Cupid Bow+ or Blessed Bouquet+ so I went in. 2 blue orbs only which was nice since I only had enough for 3 pulls. One was a Jagen. The other?

vywL8fW.png

I had mixed feelings about this one. On one hand it's my favorite mage from FE8 and probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite character in the game behind Ross and Ephraim, on the other hand she's consistently had bad natures (+RES/-ATK and +HP/-ATK) but not the case this time! This beauty here is +SPD/-RES! Finally! It'll be jarring watching her RES drop from 40 down to 34 and seriously hurt her ploying ability, but the damage and speed jump is worth it. She's officially my highest merged *5 exclusive mage now at +2. This is her second time pity breaking me. I hope she continues to do that. Funny thing huh @Alexmender?

Nice! That is a really great boon! Too bad about the -Res, but at least she's better than my +HP/-Res one!

You can always have Fury on her A slot anyway to bring back her Res for Ploying support like what I did.

Was thrilled to see Zelgius on another banner, since the only two I've pulled have been -Spd or -Atk.  I got a Fallen Celica in the first twenty orbs (I've pulled two before...  really didn't want a third), and then spent ~150 orbs sniping reds with no 5*s.   Then...  An Ayra.  I didn't want an Ayra.  I have an Ayra...  In nearly 200 orbs, I only got two 5*s, neither of them the on-focus unit.  Why...  There are probably people who'd be thrilled to have an Ayra, but I wish I could switch her for the actual on focus unit.

Ah well.

Well, with the legendary banner reveal, I decided to pull for Bride Charlotte with my orbs. I'd like Ryoma for sure, but I don't have any desire for loli Tiki or another Sigurd. I don't want to pull colors on legendaries anymore where I don't want at least 2/3, so I'll wait for Ryoma to rerun with a better red pool for me.

Sadly, this was one of the worst banner experiences I've had. I knew pulling with shared colors was hell, but between this bridal banner rerun and legendary banner reruns, it doesn't seem like any real hope to see Charlotte on blue by herself. Plus who knows how long until we see her again after this. I used my 90 saved orbs and got a -atk +hp B Caeda and a +atk -spd Shiro. Caeda's junk and I had a better one from last year, but at least the Shiro is better than either of the past 2 I've gotten.

It might have stopped there, but my friend and I were summoning in parallel and he also got no Charlotte and just some Caedas and junk. We both decided to buy some orb packs and only got more Caedas and pity breakers. After 2 packs and breaking my % on the final blue orb with another Caeda, I tapped out for this banner. I wasted more money than I'd like and didn't even get Charlotte, which is really frustrating. Same deal for my friend.

The little bit of good from all this summoning was the last Caeda was at least +spd -res, and I got 3 Peris and 5 Cordelias. @mampfoidI'm shocked at the number of Cordelias (they waited till I was finally at +9 to start letting her show up more), so I finally got to finish +10'ing my Cordelia plus I've got some Galeforce fodder on hand now. I may +10 Peri with the +spd -res copy I pulled as well, so at least this banner let me finish merging 2 of my favorite units. Not worth what I spent, but I guess I didn't spend money on a few other unneeded things recently so it could be worse..

@Alkaid Ouch, while I'm pretty envious of your Cordelias, I'm also very sorry for your bad pulling experience and bad luck. 

Myself, I'm torn between pulling blue on the old bride banner (don't have Charlotte and Caeda, but also don't need them), blue on the new bride banner (don't have Ninian, but I also have not much use for her), saving orbs for the new heroes banner and the legendary banner (Ryoma, Hardin or F!Grima would be cool, but none of the colors have more than 1 unit I need/want). 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Alkaid Ouch, while I'm pretty envious of your Cordelias, I'm also very sorry for your bad pulling experience and bad luck. 

Myself, I'm torn between pulling blue on the old bride banner (don't have Charlotte and Caeda, but also don't need them), blue on the new bride banner (don't have Ninian, but I also have not much use for her), saving orbs for the new heroes banner and the legendary banner (Ryoma, Hardin or F!Grima would be cool, but none of the colors have more than 1 unit I need/want). 

Thanks man.. at least I'm not bearing the pain all alone this time. And I'd love to toss you a couple Cordelias now that I got a surplus if I could. It really is funny how this many showed up right when I'd almost finished her anyway. The last 5 Cordelias I got took like 6 months to get.

Unless you like the characters/art for any of them a lot, I'd suggest just saving then. I only went after Charlotte since I really like her, as she and Caeda aren't even particularly strong units or anything. Ninian might be nice to have another option besides Azura to go with your fliers. And that's a smart move for the legendary banner. I'm not pulling for units on them anymore either unless I want at least 2/3 on a color or really want somebody bad enough.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

And I'd love to toss you a couple Cordelias now that I got a surplus if I could.

Haha, I would appreciate that! 

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I only went after Charlotte since I really like her, as she and Caeda aren't even particularly strong units or anything.

But that spoon! 

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'd suggest just saving then.

You are right, they are all only nice to have, even the units on the legendary banner. But I need to start pulling blue again ... 

I’ve been sniping blues exclusively for Charlotte and I finally ended up getting something

Spoiler

tPUae1P.jpg

Not Charlotte... and is -atk. On the bright side she’s +spd. Wrath is good fodder but I think I’ll keep her around for the time being.

Whatever, I decide at this point to just do the full summon to get whatever else I can and dip because I don’t want to waste anymore orbs here

Spoiler

nk6BtwW.jpg

Sanaki?! Is this secretly a Tellius banner? Well it’s not like it could have been any of the brides but still. +atk/-hp which is certainly better than my previous one.

Eh, I’m satisfied I guess. I was starting to think I might not get anything at all.

Woah, the new banner started out great. Free session -> 4 colourless, 1 green. I thought I might get another NY! Azura, so why not go for green? I got NY! Azura... She is even +spd/-def, which is almost the best. I hope I hadn't used up all my luck with the bridal and this banner though, as summer banners are almost here.

lmfao i can't even believe this, free summon sigurd

2nd rotation i get Ryoma!!! 22 orbs spent and im done with this banner jesus the luck

well shit he's actually -SPD+DEF but that still puts him at 36 speed which is still really fast. 39 speed would of been killer... I might still be able to run a Firesweep set on him because he's still crazy fast

Edited by Tsak

Decided to make one full summon, but wasted all my 75 orbs instead because I'm weak and stupid

Summary:

• Pity rate 9.5%
  • no 5*
  • no merges for Cordelia, Cherche (didn't pull green though) and Caeda
  • 17 units at 3*/4* rarity that I don't need
  • Only positive thing: 3* Cain

My free pull? Legendary Ryoma.

And, finally, after three tries and 300+ orbs, I finally have Legendary Robin.

And you know what? Both are +HP, -Spd. I'm not even mad.

+ATK -RES W!Chrom and +SPD -RES Sigurd and this banner is over for me. I'll merge Sigurd into my +HP Sigurd. I guess Xander or Valter would appreciate Close Defense 3, but given how Sigurd was the sole reason I was able to beat F!Robin on Infernal, good IVs on him are much more appreciated.

I don't see much need for Chrom outside of AA unfortunately because I don't need more Axes, especially not armors because I've got both Hectors, Amelia, Sheena and W!Lissa.

I wish I would have pulled a better Gunnthra, Innes, Y!Tiki, Hardin or even NY!Azura, but I need to save up orbs for whatever is to come in the future.

123 orbs in the bank, 0 spaces in the barracks, and no fixed plan, let's go:

4* Stahl +Spd -Atk
3* Titania +Res -Def
4* Felicia Neutral
3* Nino +Res -HP
4* Est +Res -HP

3* Raigh +HP -Res
4* M Corrin +Spd -HP
3* Odin +Spd -Def
4* Arthur +Def -HP
3* Titania +Def -Res

4* Fir +Def -HP
4* Frederick +Atk -Def
3* Lukas +HP -Atk
4* Selena +Spd -Atk
3* Camilla +Atk -Res

4* Klein +Def -Res
3* Niles +Def -Spd
3* Gaius Neutral
4* Virion +Res -Def
4* Gunter +Atk -Res

4* Marth +Spd -Atk
5* Gunnthra +Spd -Def
4* Donnel +Spd -Def
4* Klein +Res -HP
3* Roy +Atk -Spd

4* Barst +Spd -Res
3* Oboro +Res -Atk
3* Matthew +Spd -HP
4* Cordelia Neutral
4* Azama +Spd -Def

Well, that was unproductive. Legendary banners have been bad for me lately, but still, since I have no real must-have units it means they're still the most efficient place for me to spend orbs. Might have another spin or two once more orbs come in, sunk cost fallacy I know but it feels bad to leave the banner with just one duplicate unit to show for it.

At least there are a couple Kleins, a Selena and a Barst in there. Plus that 3* Camilla is the the first decent one I've ever gotten.

Quick check: Gunnthra prefers +Atk over +Spd right? My existing one is +Atk/-Def and this is +Spd/-Def so at least I can't say I've been unlucky with natures.

+ATK -RES W!Chrom and +SPD -RES Sigurd and this banner is over for me. I'll merge Sigurd into my +HP Sigurd. I guess Xander or Valter would appreciate Close Defense 3, but given how Sigurd was the sole reason I was able to beat F!Robin on Infernal, good IVs on him are much more appreciated.

I don't see much need for Chrom outside of AA unfortunately because I don't need more Axes, especially not armors because I've got both Hectors, Amelia, Sheena and W!Lissa.

I wish I would have pulled a better Gunnthra, Innes, Y!Tiki, Hardin or even NY!Azura, but I need to save up orbs for whatever is to come in the future.

98 orbs.  On that last session I pulled all 5 since the first one gave me my first 5 star.  My first Winter Robin!  Unfortunately -atk/+def

Well so I pull the rest.  What's this? My first  Innes!?  +res/-def.  Well okay that is solid if not the best IVs

Wait there's more.  My first Winter Chrom!  -def/+spd.   Oh man c'mon, -def would be fine if it would be + in literally anything else.   

Well still 3 five stars in a single session which may be a record for me. 

Bonus along the way got my first Shigure and L'arachel.  Unfortunately not great IVs so not promoting, but they have some good stuff to pass on.

So now I have 2/3 reds, 2/3 blues, 1/3 colorless, 3/3 greens.  So it looks like chances are really low of pulling any more new heroes.  Skill fodder isn't something I can really afford to shoot for as FTP.  I want Hardin a lot, but will have to wait til the next banner he shows up.

I'm short on orbs, so I did the free pull and the one after that on the LH banner...

Winter Chrom and Winter Robin. Holy crap.

Just need Sigurd, Hardin and NY!Azura.

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Decided to make one full summon, but wasted all my 75 orbs instead because I'm weak and stupid

Summary:

• Pity rate 9.5%
  • no 5*
  • no merges for Cordelia, Cherche (didn't pull green though) and Caeda
  • 17 units at 3*/4* rarity that I don't need
  • Only positive thing: 3* Cain

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes the legendary banners are cursed.

I just did my free pull and got a 4* Odin. Unfortunately there were no reds to take a shot at Ryoma.

My friends and I did a mass summoning session together. One of them pulled young Tiki, the other one pulled new Ryoma, and then a young Tiki on the bride banner.

The most exciting thing I got was a good Ares and Rebecca, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes the legendary banners are cursed.

Thanks, can't change it anymore. The evil thing is now I feel obliged to break that pity rate ...