Well free pull was 3*A!Tiki and I will wait until Friday's monthly orbs before I try again if I try again.  I also broke my pity rate on the stance banner with F!Morgan instead of Shiro.  I think the game is telling me to start saving orbs again and since I want orbs ready for Vector I think I will.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to buy orbs to try breaking that awful pity rate and I did...

With a bad IV Gunnthra and a Hardin. :/ I didn't keep either. I merged Gunnthra into my original one who happened to have the exact same IVs and I foddered Hardin since I don't care about him nor do I need him. He was neutral anyway and Halloween Henry would like Bold Fighter.

All in all, I'm super happy I got a great IV Ryoma, but rather bummed that the several other 5 stars I pulled all had to get thrown away in some way.

Edited by Anacybele

Decided to try for Grima Robin again but after about 50 orbs and really bad pulls decided to quit and keep saving. Guess I kind of had it coming given how lucky I was during my last summoning session.

Edited by nirvanafan

okay it's that time of the month again. Red and blue both have two units I'm missing and I own all the grays. I guess Winter Robin is my ultimate goal since he's seasonal. Would love to get Winter Chrom but I'm worried about pity breakers and will pass on greens if they overwhelm a certain pull. I've got 200 orbs so let's see if I can get somebody new.

First attempt. 3 red, 2 grey

Spoiler

4* Marth +Spd/-HP

3* Fir +Def/-Spd

4* Soleil +Res/-Atk

Great Marth but I've got one already promoted.

Second attempt. 3 blue, 1 green, 1 grey

Spoiler

3* Clair +HP/-Spd

4* Abel +HP/-Def

4* M!Robin +Def/-Atk

Third attempt 3 blue, 2 green.

Spoiler

3* Donnel Neutral

3* Odin +HP/-Atk

4* Shigure +HP/-Def

4* Cherche +Res/-Atk

3* Camilla +HP/-Spd

Shigure is new to the collection

Fourth attempt with 9% pity rate. 1 red, 3 blue, 1 green

Spoiler

3* M!corrin +Def/-Res

4* Est +Res/-Def

4* F!Corrin +Def/-Spd

4* Sully Neutral

4* Gunter +Spd/-Atk

I'm ecstatic about that hone cav fodder

Fifth attempt with 9.5% pity rate. 1 red, 3 blue, 1 gray

Spoiler

3* Fir +Res/-Atk

4* Donnel +Def/-Res

3* Lukas +Def/-Atk

3* F!Corrin +Spd/-Def

Sixth attempt with 10% pity rate. 5 red

Spoiler

4* Raigh +Atk/-HP

4* Laslow +Spd/-Atk

3* Ogma +Res/-Atk

4* Eirika +Def/-Spd

4* stahl +Spd/-Def

Oh my god the suspense is killing me. That Raigh is optimal but I've already got him.

Seventh attempt with 10.5% pity rate. 1 blue, 1 green, 3 grey

Spoiler

4* Abel +HP/-Atk

Eighth attempt. 2 red, 2 green, 1 grey

Spoiler

4* Palla +HP/-Atk

4* Cain +HP/-Spd

Ninth attempt. 2 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 grey

Spoiler

3* A!Tiki +Atk/-Res

4* Caeda +Atk/-Def

5* Winter Robin +Atk/-Spd

5* Winter Chrom +Def/-Atk

3* Saizo +Def/-Spd

Unbelievable. Just as I was giving up hope, I snagged BOTH seasonals I needed in one go. I've never gotten more than one 5 star on a legendary banner, but it finally happened. Also a seemingly optimal Caeda to play with. This one pull was worth the 130 orbs, since the only other things I got before now was shigure added to my collection and a Gunter at 4 star. Now I'm going to see if I can return to the new brides and pick up one of them.

Fourth attempt with 3.75% pity rate

Spoiler

5* Alm +Spd/-Def

3* Eirika +Atk/-HP

4* Cordelia +Spd/-Def

4* Cordelia +Atk/-HP

4* Lachesis +Spd/-HP

Okay. Didn't get a bride but I got the most powerful unit in the game. Two optimal Cordelias but I've got one already. And the precise nature I've been waiting for for Eirika. I still have 60+ orbs but I think I'll pass now that my pity rate is reset on both banners. Next month's banner will have three seasonals I'm missing and I need a lot of orbs for that.

Okay, I'm kinda laughing right now.

yb0dyqz.png

qcTMeMZ.png

Frederick, I love you lots, you're the most wonderful man in this series to me besides Ike...but why are you still not the right IVs even after THREE of you came to me CONSECUTIVELY? DX

Stop trolling me, game! Just gimme my damn IVs already!

This is both funny and irritating, though, honestly. :P

And still no NY Azura either, btw. I've thrown like 250 orbs now...

Well, I knew Ryoma was going to soar some day.

1 Blue, 4 Colourless (Well, well, well. Not the best sight.)

3* Gordin (5 points of uselessness. +Atk/-HP, should I take his brave bow?), 3* Sakura (Also poor. +Res/-Spd, definitely so.), 4* Azama (I assume asshat sucks. +Res/-Def, that elusive -Atk is still a thing), 4* Clarine (Merge I guess. +Atk/-Spd definitely then.), 3* Peri (All is right with the universe. I can fodder this one. +Spd/-Res, might actually merge on my +Spd/-Def)

8.5%

2 Colourless, 1 each Red, Blue, Green

4* Sakura (Well, it's fodder? +Def/-Spd, I guess so), 4* Roy (TA fodder? Yus. +HP/-Atk, definitely then.), 5* F!Grima (Is her nature good or is this a waste? +Atk/-Res. I am OK with this, much better than -Spd.), 4* L'Arachel (Renewal? +Res/-Def. Fodder.), 4* Merric (*Sigh, I got my hopes up. +HP/-Def, way too up.)

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless

5* M!Tiki (Well, I get her on a first pull at base percentage again. HA! +Res/-HP, is that fine and better than +Def/-Atk?), M!Morgan (Well this is nice fodder. +Atk/-Def, already have so Robin gets Spur Def/Res), 4* Wrys (good fodder. Neutral, still saccing), 4* Tailtiu (Could be much worse. +Def/-HP, still saccing.), 4* Merric (That 4* +10 will be so worth it! +Def/-Res. /sarcasm)

2 each Red, Colourless, 1 Blue

3* Eirika (Hone Spd. +Def/-HP, sure she is already.), 3* Tharja (Nah. +HP/-Def, definite nah.), 4* Cordelia (Could she be +Spd/-Def? +HP/-Spd, she sucks already.)

8.5%, I got better dragons at least.

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Colourless (Gunnthra gets less likely every time)

4* Selena (Nice, Reposition. +HP/-Def, definite fodder.), 4* Hana (L&D could be worse. +HP/-Def, to who though?), 3* Lon'qu (Vantage. I guess? +Spd/-HP, sadly not great enough to merge levelled one onto.), 4* Odin (Well, good fodder. +Atk/-Def, I got better already. Off he goes.)

9%, I still have time.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Quick check: Gunnthra prefers +Atk over +Spd right? My existing one is +Atk/-Def and this is +Spd/-Def so at least I can't say I've been unlucky with natures.

Usually +atk is preferred because she already gets an advantage with Chilling Seal

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I wanted her too, but I'm not getting her now... I blew all of my close to 230 orbs and still only really have that Ryoma to show for it. I did pull a Fjorm, but she had bad IVs, so was just merge fodder. Christmas Chrom was also not someone I wanted, plus I have better green armors and I don't even like armors anyway. And I pulled three Fredericks, but all were bad IVs and not the IVs I wanted. So Ryoma is all I'm keeping out of all this. Christmas Chrom is either getting sent home or is skill fodder. Though I'm not sure who needs anything he has.

Just a random thought - give the Santa Bag to Frederick.

Congrats on getting Ryoma!  And he's good, too!

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Anacybele Cool, will you give him the +10 merge immediately? (Even if you didn't get the desired nature, that could take an eternity)

No. Because that's a waste of a Frederick seeing as I'm going to use a different base anyway. That other Frederick could be Luna fodder later. Though at this point, I am sort of considering making mine +10 anyway...

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Just a random thought - give the Santa Bag to Frederick.

Congrats on getting Ryoma!  And he's good, too!

I actually did think about that for a short time, but then I was like, when would I ever really have him use it except maybe once or twice at the holidays? Didn't seem worth it enough. So I sent that Chrom home.

@eclipse No worries. He'll come someday.

@NegativeExponents- @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @mcsilas

Yeah so, I'd resolved only to pull twice on this banner. Hardin and W!Robin are enticing both as units and fodder, but my orb stock is and has been low and there are too many banners and units that want my orbs (B!Ninian, Linde, possibly New Heroes banner, etc) and this banner isn't quite enticing enough for me to go all in. So after my first pool of mostly nothing I went in on the second go with 2 blues and 2 colorless, feeling hopeful I go for the blues with no luck (though a Shanna showed up and I've been low on Desperation fodder for a while) and I don't really need colorless but since I'm not sniping I just go ahead and open them anyway.

Spoiler

k2z5kIB.png

Unexpected. Didn't want him as much as Takumi, but he's a bonus. Or at least he would be... this one's +RES/-SPD which is pretty much horrible. I used him occasionally in FE8 but Neimi always ended up as my archer so my attachment to him is lessened, that and he's not worthwhile for fodder either. He's invalidated even further by the Guard Bow+ Faye I just finished so he's left largely without a role. It's disappointing. But he's a new unit at least.

Pulled the other.

Spoiler

k2z5kIB.png

Yet another case of doubling up on the same *5. This always happens to me. It's almost always a happy ending too with one having a terrible nature and the other having a great one. Not this time. He's +ATK/-SPD which for all intents and purposes may as well be the same as the last one. I'm at a loss at what to do with him. Maybe he'll be another Reinhardt check or something. Trying not to sound ungrateful but oh well.

So yeah.

Spoiler

6krhk5e.png

What can you do? It should be hard to be so meh at two *5's in one pool but I'm at the point in this game where a unit's worth matters quite a bit more than collection building (unless it's a favorite) and it's iffy for me here. I welcome another FE8 unit from one of my childhood games but as a unit I doubt he'll see very much combat. At the very least I'm happy to break any kind of pity rate I could have potentially built and am given instant closure from this banner. I'm left with no inclination or temptation to further spend orbs here. We'll see what the next Legendary Banner is like. Anyways, peace.

Done with this banner. Back to sniping for Ninian.

Edited by Zeo

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@eclipse No worries. He'll come someday.

I guess we're even, since I would gladly take one of those Innes off of your hands!

You can either slap DD on the +Res one and bait mages (assuming you keep Fortress Res, that's 45 Res on EP before Nidhogg boosts), or give the +Atk one a Brave Bow and go to town.

Main (whaled it):

L!Ryoma +3 (took that many to find one not -Atk or -Spd. The good one was +Atk -Res)
NY!Azura +2 (+Atk -HP)
Y!Tiki +1 (+Spd -HP)
W!Robin +Spd -HP
+10'd Gunnthra (needed 2) and Sigurd (needed 4)
L!Robin is now +5
Fjorm is now +3
Innes is now +1

Good, now I can go back to saving for the brides.

F2P Alt: W!Robin in the third pull. +Spd -Def. Ran out of orbs.

I have long understood and sadly accepted the fact that I simply am unable to get any more orbs without paying for them at this point.  Over the past few weeks, I sank like 30 orbs into the new bridal banner, and came out with lance Shigure, who I had been unable to pull on his separate banner a while back.  More recently, I spent another 30 orbs on the new Legendary Heroes banner and got nothing of note.  The struggle of remaining F2P...

INSTEAD, on my alternate account, I pulled Legendary!Ryoma after about 40 orbs.  I also managed to get Bridal!Tharja, plus Zelgius and Dragon Scion Tiki as off-focus 5*s on the bridal banner.  I also got 5* Male Corrin as the free pull on his banner a while back.  Given, I've been racking up a lot of free orbs on my alternate account since I hadn't gone through and played all the story modes and stuff yet.

Edited by mewyeon

@Zeo Darn, too bad about the Innes, at least the +Atk/Spd one is more useable for player phase. Same as my Innes. Nidhogg at least gives him more stats with surrounding allies so there's that at least.

Maybe one of them can be CA fodder for whoever your other Firesweep archer will be.

@mampfoid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian

Had a rough time last night, had a super long overtime so I wanted to feel good by summoning the first session in between jobs.

Main account had 2 blues, 2 greens and 1 red. Focused on blues first since I need blue armours- got a Corrin and Oscar- both +Spd/-Atk. Then picked red:

tumblr_p9kfplqTtl1qcrdmuo2_1280.jpg

WELL THAT WAS FAST. To be honest I wouldn't mind Sigurd/Tiki as well but at least I have another red flier besides my -Spd Elincia..

...Except this Ryoma is +Def/-Spd. I mean he's still fast at least, but i was really hoping to give my spare Soleil's Firesweep Sword to someone soon. 

Opened the two greens because I need positioning or Luna fodder- got a Merric (+Res/-Def, i don't think the refine can save this nature) and a Nino (finally I was running out of Draw Back!)

Second account had no 5 stars. Gave me the wrong Matt Mercer unit:

tumblr_p9kfuamnwB1qcrdmuo1_250.png

My first Shigure! He's +Spd/-HP, such a nice boon! Superbane HP will suck for survivability though but I'm happy. Except for Winter and Spring Chrom, Matt Mercer collection is close to completion!

Amusingly I also received a +Spd/-Atk Corrin F in my first sesson like my main.

Will aim to get one of the blue armours at some point, but I'm already content right now. Still need to search for Brinian in my main and Bridelia in my second so I won't go all out like last legendary banner.

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@mcsilas

Congrats :D 

Shame about the stats, but at least you got him. First male red flier. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come :D 

Don't mind me, just gonna rub you for luck xD 

I wish you luck as well! I feel you for you when all these male representatives appear and you don't get them :(

Also just going through the thread and congrats on the awesome Ryomas @Rafiel's Aria and @Anacybele :D

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wish you luck as well! I feel you for you when all these male representatives appear and you don't get them :(

Also just going through the thread and congrats on the awesome Ryomas @Rafiel's Aria and @Anacybele :D

I can't really complain. I've had ridiculous luck recently with both the Genealogy and Thracian banners, especially. I've just never had the luck I want on the legendary banners, which sets me against them further. I mean, I've pulled on three and each time it has taken over 100 orbs for my first 5*, and over 400 for the unit I want (600 for Ephraim across two banners, currently unknown for Ryoma but 400 so far). They're such useless banners to introduce new units on >.< 

But oh well. I'll get him... eventually :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I can't really complain. I've had ridiculous luck recently with both the Genealogy and Thracian banners, especially. I've just never had the luck I want on the legendary banners, which sets me against them further. I mean, I've pulled on three and each time it has taken over 100 orbs for my first 5*, and over 400 for the unit I want (600 for Ephraim across two banners, currently unknown for Ryoma but 400 so far). They're such useless banners to introduce new units on >.< 

But oh well. I'll get him... eventually :) 

That's true. I just been really lucky with these banners, I'll expect that luck to run out at some point.

Also it helps (?) that for some reason I get more 5 stars when I summon in places that I shouldn't be summoning, like work. Heh.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

That's true. I just been really lucky with these banners, I'll expect that luck to run out at some point.

Also it helps (?) that for some reason I get more 5 stars when I summon in places that I shouldn't be summoning, like work. Heh.

Today I summoned: Straight away after waking up, While walking to work, On lunch at work - getting my friends to do it for me. 

This better all be saving up for something. Like next legendary banner, I want a full 5* pull all with ones I want! xD (Hey, if a normal banner can give me 4 5*s - two non focus - on a 3% pity rate, the legendary should do better!).

I might pull on this one some more. It's gone past annoyance and into amusement. That being said, I've got so much swap, repo, ta and wom fodder, that it's the first time I've actually been happier about getting 3-4*s than 5*s, though Robin and Sigurd make for good fodder (unless I decide to merge Sigurd. Undecided. I don't use him much, though, so probably not).