• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Who will accompany Sothe and Micaiah? OG Ike?

If it isn't just a re-run of World of Dawn (Zelgius), then I'd wager Sanaki. I doubt they'd go for Young Mercenary Ike since he's labeled as being from Path of Radiance and not Radiant Dawn.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it isn't just a re-run of World of Dawn (Zelgius), then I'd wager Sanaki. I doubt they'd go for Young Mercenary Ike since he's labeled as being from Path of Radiance and not Radiant Dawn.

Ok thanks, I always forget they're from the second radiant game. Anyway, it looks like I'll pull red on the free pull. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok thanks, I always forget they're from the second radiant game. Anyway, it looks like I'll pull red on the free pull. 

Micaiah is at least. Sothe was a potential party member and your other option for a thief in Path of Radiance, though he looked a lot younger (or at least a good deal smaller) there.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20121206031436

Naturally, he's using his RD design in FEH instead since he had a more prominent role in that game.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Naturally, he's using his RD design in FEH instead since he had a more prominent role in that game.

Hopefully we'll get the second Sothe eventually. Yet it'd be bizarre if he ended up powercreeping his RD self, given PoR Sothe can't promote and is stuck with garbage Knives, giving him the worst combat in the game. He also looks much less intimidating as a child. And yet, as the sole possessor of Blossom in PoR, Shothe would possibly get a trainee BST bump, which barring poor distribution, means he may indeed end up surpassing his growth spurted form.

Young Sothe's quips would also likely be odd in FEH. It'd be "I'm looking for someone, but won't say who.", which would be futile since FEH players would know it to be Micaiah. Beyond this, PoR Sothe is a little antisocial, a bit of a noble-hater, and a slight Ashnard liker, and that is about it. Although they could get creative with the Micaiah lines and give emotional details of what Micaiah means to this younger Sothe who only sees her as a mother or big sister.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I saw a good banner, and I'm up to 1,149 total pulled units.  A bunch of these were from the daily banner, too.

Spoiler

Shanna (+HP/-Atk): a;lkdj;ja;fljasl;fjaslkdfj WHY.  She's 5*, too.  Well. . .I'll hang on to her for now, promote a better one, and merge this one.

Kaze (+Spd/-Atk): That's. . .unfortunate.
Setsuna (+Spd/-Res): That's, uh, better?  But I really want +Atk, so she has a chance in hell of dealing damage.
Chrom (+Spd/-Res): I, uh, WHAT?  It's his best bane by a mile, and I guess the extra speed will help prevent doubles?  I'm confused!
Roy (+Spd/-HP): His HP is bloated like crazy, and 34 Spd is decent.  I'm tempted to run him with Binding Blade + Swift Stance for giggles.

Peri (+Atk/-HP): Oh crap, this is a legit Firesweeper.  All she's missing is Darting Blow.
Cordelia (+Res/-Atk): Well, it was bound to happen eventually!  Good, more Galeforce fodder!
Ares (+Def/-Spd): If I was a giant jerk, and had his girlfriend, I'd give him Safeguard and have him tank all day.  But I'm a decent human being, so he'll be merge fodder instead.
Stahl (+Atk/-HP): Oh crap, this makes him a passable attacker!  Safeguard on a 4* can't come soon enough!

Maria (+Spd/-Atk): She's getting Pain+ to make up for that bane.  37 speed on a staffbot looks like a total troll.  I love it~!
Niles (+Spd/-Res): I mean, he's stupid-fast, but eh?  Res is his other selling point!
Laslow (+Res/-Atk): It's gotta be the other way around!
Sophia (+Res/-Atk): That's no good on you, either!
Robin (+HP/-Atk): Welp.  Someone's getting Bonfire.

Nanna (+Atk/-Spd): This is Serra on a horse.  I think I can do better.
Henry (+Spd/-Def): Can you, like, switch with Nanna?
Ogma (+Spd/-HP): Whoa.  I like this stat spread!
Arthur (+Res/-HP): Erm. . .no.
Leon (+HP/-Spd): More merge levels!

Wrys (+Def/-HP): Close, but not quote!
Bartre (neutral): Not my thing, sorry.
Leon (+HP/-Spd): Yes, I pulled two.  I'm going to have a crazy-strong Leon when all is said and done!
Niles (+HP/-Def): And I have Iceberg fodder~!

Sophia (+HP/-Atk): Not with that bane.
Cecilia (+HP/-Res): YES ESCAPE ROUTE FODDER!
Legault (+Def/-Atk): My first one!  But it seems I pulled Matthew instead.

Hana (+Res/-HP): Why must you be such questionable fodder?
Mia (+Def/-HP): It's like I pulled a +Spd Ayra with way less HP than normal.  I. . .I'm torn.  I have a  +Spd/-Atk one, who already doubles everything.  Do I merge the old one into this one?  Fodder this one for Flashing Blade (which Lon'qu appreciates)?  She was off-banner, but that's okay.

Fir (+Atk/-HP): . . .or Fir can get it, even if I'd prefer Swift Sparrow on her.
Sheena (+Res/-HP): Uh, nice try?
Barst (+Atk/-Def): And suddenly that Brave Axe looks really good.
Setsuna (neutral): I guess a future -raven mage will appreciate Bowbreaker?
Gaius (+Atk/-HP): Now THIS is workable.  His defenses are crap anyway, so I might give him Kaze's stuff and have him shank things.

That's a lot of good boons/banes.  And some weird ones, too.  But two 5* units is pretty good IMO.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Micaiah is at least. Sothe was a potential party member and your other option for a thief in Path of Radiance, though he looked a lot younger (or at least a good deal smaller) there.

Hide contents

latest?cb=20121206031436

Huh, I've never actually seen young Sothe before, interesting.

You'd think he'd be able to afford/steal a new shirt once he hit puberty though.

So! I finally got a 5-star from the Hoshidan summer banner after getting up to a 4.5% pity rate.

It's the one I want the least. Fucking Xander.

He's also -atk. Why.

Edited by Sunwoo

So..I tried to get dancing Micaiah once again. The red orbs gave me a 3* Henry and a +Atk -Res Ares (this boy is getting merges!). There was a lone green orb and I got this:

Z769zCq.jpg

She's giving me mixed feelings. Getting a focus unit at 3% is neat after the Y!Tiki pity breaker but she's -Atk +Res which sucks, her Atk is bad to begin with and now it's just unusable. Haaah...If it weren't because I like Elincia a lot she'd be fodder for Sakunya.

Edit: I forgot to mention that both of my Elincias are -Atk. Guess they're consistent in that regard.

Edited by Alexmender

So tge past few days have been a real struggle for me, after I ended up blowing my entire orb stash on the festival banner only to get a 4.75 pity rate out of it. I just spent my time trying to at least break it, so I could get the hell away from this banner. Well, after three days this happened:

Ayra

+Atk -HP.. I don't think I am allowed to complain about this kind of pity breaker. Pretty amazing, but I am just glad I am able to leave this episode behind me and bail.

Edited by Nanima

Three attempts to pull. At least each circle had a colourless orb this time. A single one, because apparently reds are all a person should want these days -.-

2 x Lachesis and a 3* Klein. 

The last one, yeah, can never have too much Klein, even at 3*. The first ones can go get stuffed. I think she knows I loathe her art and so keeps appearing for me ¬¬ 

5 percent pity rate and still no Xander. Can't he tell I'd treat him well? Two of my other Xanders are over 4000 in HM (and I don't grind), while my spring one is still between 1000 - 2000. I'd treat you well, Xander, so come to me! I'd happily sacrifice the Faye, Sumia and Karla that I got if it would guarantee me getting him -.- 

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Three attempts to pull. At least each circle had a colourless orb this time. A single one, because apparently reds are all a person should want these days -.-

2 x Lachesis and a 3* Klein. 

The last one, yeah, can never have too much Klein, even at 3*. The first ones can go get stuffed. I think she knows I loathe her art and so keeps appearing for me ¬¬ 

5 percent pity rate and still no Xander. Can't he tell I'd treat him well? Two of my other Xanders are over 4000 in HM (and I don't grind), while my spring one is still between 1000 - 2000. I'd treat you well, Xander, so come to me! I'd happily sacrifice the Faye, Sumia and Karla that I got if it would guarantee me getting him -.- 

Oooh, can I have those?  I wanna have a Firesweep on standby for that faithful day that I get Brutal Cordelia!  Also, I can never have enough fast swords and my heart aches for my Awakening waifu! 

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

So..I tried to get dancing Micaiah once again. The red orbs gave me a 3* Henry and a +Atk -Res Ares (this boy is getting merges!). There was a lone green orb and I got this:

Z769zCq.jpg

...Estival Princess?  I see the interns are losing sleep again.

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

...Estival Princess?  I see the interns are losing sleep again.

How many times do people have to say this is NOT a typo? Estival is an actual word. XP

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Estival having an actual meaning conflicts with my world view of...never hearing the world estival before.

Let me live in that world. The same world where Pluto is a planet.

Personally, I prefer the world where Estavius is a thing.

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Huh, I've never actually seen young Sothe before, interesting.

You'd think he'd be able to afford/steal a new shirt once he hit puberty though.

You'd think he'd lose the midriff on promoting amid Begnion snowfall. Micaiah apparently likes the midriff.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20121226034539

The desert background is explained by it being where his next battle is fought.

Micaiah:
“It really suits you. This costume.”

Sothe:
“Are you sure…?”

Micaiah:
“Mmm-hmm.”

And the full body artwork of PoR Sothe, just to show it:

Spoiler

Sothe.jpg

47 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Then I want a world where Festvius is a thing.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Let me live in that world. The same world where Pluto is a planet.

Pluto IS a planet- a dwarf planet! Why do you insist on whitewashing it into being like everybody else? Be kind to its differences.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Hide contents

Estival is a thing, huh?  Thank Good I buried my dreams of becoming a writer, else I'd be embarrassed.

Furthermore, I applaud your taste in musical artists.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

This Hoshidan Summer Dancer banner is not being kind to me at all lol. I've only summoned from the colorless orbs so I can get Close Counter fodder, but I've summoned FIVE Lachesis in a row. I'm starting to think it's a sign that the game wants me to 10+ her or something.

Well, I'm done with the Hoshidan Summer Banner. Got Pity broken by -HP, +Res M!Morgan on my quest for Miciah. I've always wanted a Morgan, but not a 5-star, since it will be merge him. That being said, I did want him, though if it had to be a pity breaker, why couldn't it be Alm? I guess after Summoning S!Tiki and S!Elise at barley any price, my luck dried. The banner wasn't a total waste, though did pull HS!Ryoma. Is it just me, or does Ryoma look like a girl without his armor?

48qxmMc.png

BHB banner, with Sanaki? I just thought about her not long ago, this must be a sign.

Unfortunately no red at the freesummon, so I opened a 4* Rebecca instead of Klein again.

Just the one blue so mercifully no orbs required. 3* Gwendolyn, sounds about right. Ignored the lone red and three greys. I do question whether the red might have been Lilina but too late now.