So because I really like Lewyn I decided to dump all of my orbs for him. I reached a 5.75% pity rate and then Amelia comes home to ruin my day T_T. Green focus units hate me so much now for some odd reason. I would have been happy if Quan came instead, but no, I get one of the very few SS characters I dislike. I've already got M!Grima, +10 Sheena, LA!Hector and B!Ephraim to fill in my green armour slot. I wasn't even sniping, just hoping that one of the boys come home T_T. 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final full circle of CYL2:

Got my second Brave Celica.

This time with great IVs (+atk / -def), so of course I'll keep her. Reinhardt still has to wait for DB4 and GF. 

All in all I'm really happy with the result of this banner. Got two Celicas (one of them with great IVs), a better Brave Roy and a perfect Brave Hector with less than 150 orbs.

On 10.09.2018 at 5:12 PM, Vaximillian said:

Nice. I’m looking for Quan because his son and daughter-in-law are here, and his wife will be here, but the gacha in her tsunderity decided to give me wo mao fodder instead:

Remember how I got a not-Quan three days ago? Well, today I got another not-Quan:
Screenshot_20180913-145213.png

Def/Atk, so a +1 on my Spd/HP Lute she becomes, getting even cuter. Sigh for no Quan, though.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas @mampfoid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Rezzy

So, I got back to 20. Let's open the door again.

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Green (this banner has been so nice, not a single colourless)

3* Subaki (QR2. +Atk/-Res. Wait hold on, that might be good.), 3* Arthur (Lancebreaker 2. +HP/-Def), 3* Roy (TA3. +Spd/-Atk. If only that was -HP), 3* Athena (Moonbow. +Atk/-Def, have better), 3* Stahl (I'd rather see him in a 3* than anywhere else. +Spd/-HP, nah)

3.75%, pretty bitter about the full 3* session.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Remember how I got a not-Quan three days ago? Well, today I got another not-Quan:
Screenshot_20180913-145213.png

Def/Atk, so a +1 on my Spd/HP Lute she becomes, getting even cuter. Sigh for no Quan, though.

Wow, she pity broke me for Quan, too :O Although she was my first Lute and I wasn't unhappy to see her. Quan came along shortly afterwards so fingers crossed the same happens for you :D

Tonight was pitybreaker night for me too. @Vaximillian @Rezzy @GuiltyLove

IWvFk93.png

+Spd -Atk. Somewhat meh, but workable I guess...

xJLJG5U.png

+Atk -Spd. Probably fodder for Sword Valour, or I might keep him to just use that.

BhwcOBY.png

Two of the lobster. One was +Atk -HP, one was +Res -Spd. I guess I'll merge, since he doesn't have anything for SI.

I did get one more Celica eventually, so she's at +2 now, +Def -Res... The road to +10 is long.

sBJ9OmU.png

Already brought this up in the general thread, but I got a Lewyn just a few hours ago. He's +spd -res, which is really good, and basically killed everything in the arena to score me a good ranking for this week.

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Tonight was pitybreaker night for me too. @Vaximillian @Rezzy @GuiltyLove

IWvFk93.png

+Spd -Atk. Somewhat meh, but workable I guess...

xJLJG5U.png

+Atk -Spd. Probably fodder for Sword Valour, or I might keep him to just use that.

BhwcOBY.png

Two of the lobster. One was +Atk -HP, one was +Res -Spd. I guess I'll merge, since he doesn't have anything for SI.

I did get one more Celica eventually, so she's at +2 now, +Def -Res... The road to +10 is long.

sBJ9OmU.png

But.. so many five stars!

@Vaximillian @Zeo @mampfoid

Welp, spealing of pitybreakers,  I decided to try and clear a 4% rate on my second account for the CYL2 banner. Silas seems to be the demote anyway so I chose to summon since I still have some paralogue orbs unclaimed.

Mostly because a non -Atk Bector would be good and might as well try when he is still on focus right?

Well bad decision really, I got pitybroken by a neutral L'arachel. I mean I can work with that, but I already have a +Spd/-Res waiting to be promoted in the future. Opened the rest of the circle but no 5 stars, but I did get a +Spd/-HP Leon, a +Atk/-Res Matthew and a +Spd/-Def Tharja (better than -HP although I guess she's less relevant these days).

I think I used about 70 orbs which feels bad. At least this L'arachel wasn't -Atk like my main account's pitybreaker.

Oh well.

Well I spent the last couple hours grinding up all the chain challenges(well not quite all, I think I have 4orbs worth of them left), the Grand Hero, and the Tap battle orbs which I hadn't done yet. Managed to pull a bit more in the hopes of getting another brave. Any brave, so I was just opening everything in the hopes of not leaving a 4.25+ pity behind. In the end that banner will close out with a 2 unit short of 5% pity, assuming I did my counting right. Maybe it was one or three though. I was getting kind of frustrated there by the end and wasn't keeping as close a count as I normally would. And now my stash of collectable orbs is just about emptied out.

On the bright side I now know Legault DOES exist! Got a +RES 4* on a session with 1 colorless and a bunch of blue. That would have been the session that put me in the 4.75 range. And it only took several hundred colorless pulls to get one of him(ok, I don't actually know how many colorless orbs I have pulled since his release, but I have been colorless focused for several banners now so it is significantly higher than normal).

Well I caved and tried again for either Lewyn or Quan and managed to get Quan!  Now I am really through with this banner I will wait until Lewyn is on a legendary banner to try again for him.

@Vaximillian Ouch, that's clearly not Quan. Sorry for the pity breaker, at least it's no unit that doesn't deserve the merge. 

@mcsilas Pity breaker, darn. Sorry to hear that. Bector will return, perhaps you should save for Silas. Just in case he won't be demoted? 

@SatsumaFSoysoy Go for the merges! I expect a perfect +10 Celica at the top of my friend list until next year. :): 

Btw: She needs Swift Sparrow 3 once released. 

After my recent summoning adventures I decided its best to take it more slowly. After accumulating over 100 orbs I decided to give the Cyl banner another try - the first 25 orbs gave me a dupe Veronica who is +atk-res (fine!!!) and after 29 more orbs I became the owner of an off-banner +hp-res Linde. 2 5* in 54 orbs is quite good and I decided to stop there. I also got a +atk but unfortunately -spd (M) 4*morgan

Edited by AL_CHEMIST

@mcsilas A bit late, but grats on the Brave Hector! Hector and Veronica are the best economical choices from CYL2 so having them both has to be the best. Sorry about your ventures on your 2nd account though (even if I'm looking at you crosseyed for that Matthew while I continue to pull nothing but Lachesis', Sakuras, Virions, Felicias and the occasional Nanna/Klein/Sothe.

@Alexmender My condolences on those pitybreakers (especially after free pulling Myrrh, myself...) but 2 *5's is still pretty cool and I've never pulled Lucina myself.

@Poimagic lol someone else pulling Lucina. Fantastic Lewyn pull however! It's a shame about the bane, but I'm pretty sure -SPD is 10x times worse.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That's a lot of *5's! Shame about the natures but still pretty high quality units regardless.

@mampfoid @Usana @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents-

Yeah so, I've been avoiding this topic because I didn't want to make any posts until I was assured that I was finished with the CYL2 banner and as of now, I am. I'd been spending as I was getting 20 for the last couple of days and this was the last 20 I was going to be able to get before the banner's expiration. I had a rate of 4.00% and jumped in. No Greens but at this point Veronica is more valuable to me even if Ephraim is a favorite, plus he'll be back likely before her. I decided to go for one of the two blue stones first and~

Spoiler

Xwd63We.jpg

A 3rd pitybreaker. Huh.. and it's Tana. I've seen tons of people (particularly PM1) get Tana as a pitybreaker but I never thought it would happen to me. Anyways, she's +DEF/-ATK which sucks, but it wouldn't matter as between Hinoka who's permanantly on my Flier team due to being the only recipent of Hone Fliers and S!Corrin who's my best blade tome flier, there's no room for her anyways. At the very least she has huge tanking potential and I'll have her ready when she eventually gets a refine.

She was my flier of choice in FE8 and I used her in just about every playthrough so I'm happy she decided to drop by. I was going for focus units, but of all units to get, she's one of the best for me personally even with the drawbacks. With this I've got every FE8 unit in the game except OG Ephraim (my 2nd favorite character in the game behind Ross).

Figuring my luck ends there, I went ahead and pulled the other blue hoping for a Subaki or Shanna as I haven't pulled either of them in quite a while.

Spoiler

tkAhLka.jpg

So that's how it is, huh? Let's be technical here, this is the unit I wanted the most from the banner, bar none. This would have been a complete win had I not already picked him as my free pull. Regardless, I wouldn't trade my 3 weeks already having him (or that extra orb + Great Summoner crown) even if it meant I could free pull Veronica or Ephraim right now and have both of them. What's more important is that this is the breaking of a pattern. Whenever I spent my initial allotment of orbs on a banner (which was around 80 in this case) any orbs I spent afterwards on that same banner I get zilch. There was actually a light at the end of this tunnel and it rewarded me with not one but 2 *5's. It's hard to be mad at that, especially when the units are of this quality. He's +HP/-RES. I prefer my neutral, so Bold Fighter fodder it is. Couple of candidates for that, wonder who it'll be.

3fuCUXb.jpg

I'm left in an odd place emotionally, but ultimately satisfied. My rate was broken and I was rewarded with two *5's, one new and one with premium top of the line fodder. It's hard to be mad at that.

And with that, I bit farewell to CYL2. I spent around 150 or so orbs on this banner and got 4 *5's which is pretty good. No regrets. We press on.

Cheers~

@Zeo congrats on the 5 stars! Precious Bold Fighter fodder is nice to have at least, and new units are nice.

@mampfoid we’ll see haha. If he won’t get demoted then people will hate on him even more for being 5 star exclusive to pitybreak them. 

At least my lack of self control gave me a desperately needed Shanna. Robin with Bonfire is also nice ready for Silas if he appears. 

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If he won’t get demoted then people will hate on him even more for being 5 star exclusive to pitybreak them. 

People will be even more mad at him for pitybreaking them if he's 4-5*. It's like being pity-broken by Shigure instead of Sumia. Neither of them are of any particular value to me, but if I had to choose, then obviously I'd choose the rarer one.

Demotees really just need to get out of the 5* pool altogether.

9CnBpf0.png?1

Huh, siding with him in the VG really did pay off for me after all. And good to see that, unlike Matt Ryan, my clutch game is still very much on-point.

This is also just the same Ephraim (+Res/-HP) as my legendary one (also +Res/-HP). So if this set of CYL heroes is anything like the last, I won't be seeing Veronica for several months at least. Eh, I can live with that.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

And with that, I bit farewell to CYL2. I spent around 150 or so orbs on this banner and got 4 *5's which is pretty good. No regrets. We press on.

Congrats on your pulls, even if the natures aren't the best.

You could give Tana Close Defense or Steady Stance plus CD3 seal and Bonfire to profit from that boon at least. Together with guidance she is a great choice for a mixed team. Does your Jakob already have Bold Fighter? 

@Zeo Congrats! The nature of that Tana hurts a bit but she can go for a full tank set which should be pretty fun to play with. 

Bold Fighter fodder is also something extremely premium so you'll probably want to think twice or thrice before foddering B!Hector.

So I did a last ditch summon on the CYL 2 Banner yesterday, hoping for something, as I was skipping the upcoming banner. And I got this:

SVv7lWT.jpg

I think I squealed when I saw SM!Eirika. And to boot, the Eirika is perfect iv’s. +spd/-hp. As for the Celica, I wasn’t expecting her, but I don’t mind. She was actually going to be my second pick if Ephriam wasn’t good. The Celica is +atk/-spd, and to make use of that atk, I might give her Armorsmasher 

@mampfoid @Zeo @mcsilas And @Alexmender for the Eirika love

14 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

So I did a last ditch summon on the CYL 2 Banner yesterday, hoping for something, as I was skipping the upcoming banner. And I got this:

SVv7lWT.jpg

I think I squealed when I saw SM!Eirika. And to boot, the Eirika is perfect iv’s. +spd/-hp. As for the Celica, I wasn’t expecting her, but I don’t mind. She was actually going to be my second pick if Ephriam wasn’t good. The Celica is +atk/-spd, and to make use of that atk, I might give her Armorsmasher 

@mampfoid @Zeo @mcsilas And @Alexmender for the Eirika love

That's a really sweet Eirikalter. Congrats on getting the perfect nature for her! Now you need to sacrifice a Tharja to make her shine in a horse team.

@Poimagic That's a pretty sweet haul! It almost mirrors mine! I only got one new unit (and the nature kinda sucked) but it's still pretty awesome. This banner was pitybreaker central and that still rings true even on the last few days of it.

@mampfoid @Alexmender My ToD!Jakob already got Bold Fighter from my spare W!Lissa (both of which were -ATK so I wonder why I don't just fodder the 2nd one but meh, seasonals.) so the top candidate for it is out. It'll be a tough call between my ToD!Henry, LA!Lyn, Black Knight or building up an Effie/Draug. Lyn is a strong choice because she's -SPD and BF would render that completely irrelevant, but I don't want to jump the gun just yet.