• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, managed Legendary Tiki +HP -Atk with the last 20 possible orbs I can get before banners end.

Not a good nature whatsoever, but whatever. I can't summon from the banner anymore anyways, and I managed to exhaust my pity, it's all good.

I know I said I was probably not going to go all-out on the legendary banner, and ordinarily this would be true. Over the past few days though, I've had the dawning realisation that I'm really not having fun playing this game anymore, and that the end is probably going to be here sooner than I would have ever thought. Even the act of summoning has lost its lustre, as lately my reaction to getting even a desired unit has been along the lines of "okay, cool I guess". I've got my T21 crown, done my feather farming, got my +10 units, and I no longer have any personal goals to pursue.

I'm not going to quit cold turkey as such, but I think I'm going to very shortly go on a sort-of hiatus, still claiming the easy orbs each day and whatever else can be done with minimal effort. From there, I'll see where the game is at once some major updates arrive.

With that in mind, the idea of saving goes out the door. Who knows if I'll even be playing by the time the legendary banner arrives?

4* Libra
4* Reinhardt
3* Roderick
4* Effie
4* Seth
4* Niles
3* Mathilda
4* M Robin
4* Gwendolyn
4* Oscar
4* Reinhardt
4* Peri
3* Sheena
3* Est
4* Jakob
4* Arthur
4* Oboro
3* F Corrin
4* Fae
3* Arthur
4* F Corrin
4* Nino
4* Oboro
3* Florina
3* Matthew
4* Gordin
3* Kagero

I leave it with a hanging 10.5%. Can't even be bothered checking the natures of this sorry lot. So then, the banner has truly been a tale of two halves. The first hundred or so orbs I spent yielded five 5-star units. The second hundred-plus got me nothing except my final Nino merge. Perhaps it's just as well, a symbolic reminder of what this game is and what it has to offer.

So, Reinhardt, Reinhardt and his boss are on a banner.

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Blue

4* Reinhardt (DISAPPOINTED! +Res/-HP, already have +Atk/-Spd)

Question: Should I try to pull on the Legendary banner again before it goes? Asking as I only got Karla.

@Vaximillian @Rezzy @Arcanite @Zeo Fairly good haul today. 100 orbs or so, and then I bought some more.

mO5UYqW.png

Didn't check nature lole. Toss up between finally building A!Tiki and slapping it on my +7 Nowi. Not sure which course of action is better, honestly.

mxB46hO.png

Maybe I'll give that double Rally to someone later on. I already have +Spd -Def Sharena, so I'm good there.

Zv7nTqN.png

AAAAAAAAA

Unfortunately she's +HP -Atk, but oh well. She's still cute. And broken. And Earth hero.

Aa3tfSq.png

I actually don't have a Fire hero, but it's also extremely tempting to fodder his DC to Effie since I actually don't have any good Fire core yet anyway, and won't for a long ass time. Not sure what to do yet. He's +Atk -Def, too. Any input?

I also got a +Def -Atk S!Catria (same nature as my current one), but I don't have the screenshot. Probably just gonna give Chill Res to someone else.

In other news, I did this I guess.

LvUN2hI.png

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo @mampfoid @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria

So BHB gives me quick orbs, and I really appreciated those. Still looking for a blue hero for my main, since if I can be happy with any one of the blue pool, it must be a good pull to summon right?

Did a quick 3 orb collection from the monthly quests and did a quick VG battle to collect at least 21 orbs. Well that was the plan but silly me forgot to actually collect the 2 VG orbs so I entered the session with 19 orbs.

Anyway, 1 blue and 1 green. Blue was an Oboro, but I backed out (and haven't realised at this point I forgot the 2 orbs yet).

Entered another session out of impatience. 1 blue orb again, 2 red and 2 colourless.

Blue orb gave me.. 

tumblr_pfy4qr55Sn1rrmgu8o1_640.png

Hey there, I finally have a Young Tiki in my main! Now have 2/3 of the Breath fodders (and who actually has a Breath weapon) and from a 8.25% rate, that's pretty nice.

Just like my alt account, this Tiki is -Spd, but this one has a much better +Atk boon! Boy this game sure makes me want to work on getting blue armours.

Normally I would and should've stopped there but I have enough for....but I would also like a non -Atk Maribelle. Or Dazzling staff fodder if the Maribelle was worse. 

Had enough for 2 more pulls, so I chose colourless. 3 star +Atk/-HP Gaius and a +Def/-HP Kagero.

In hindsight I should have gone red for better fodder at least, since I was gonna dive to colourless for Fanlivia/Halloween Jakob later on if the new Halloween banner is (hopefully) not too enticing.

Oh well, I'm content now either way.

@Humanoid Darn, sad to see you feel that way, but right now things are kind of stagnating so I can get that feeling. And when you get that feeling sometimes it does feel like 'what's the point of saving?' since you can't even guarantee a unit who you're saving for. Really hope we get a new calendar or V3 sooner than later since there's just not much to do.

With 18 orbs tried for regular Hector again. Only managed to get 2 green orbs total sadly and was pity broken by Minerva :/ :/ :/

I guess I'll take it cause I've never gotten her, but was hoping to get Hector quickly so I could still try for F!Morgan too sigh.

Edited by Mau

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hey there, I finally have a Young Tiki in my main! Now have 2/3 of the Breath fodders (and who actually has a Breath weapon) and from a 8.25% rate, that's pretty nice.

Nice about the fodder, not nice about the 8.25% rate.
Speaking of fodder, this is what I got today:
Screenshot_20181004-161207.png

Which is coincidentally the second Hector I’ve got from this banner, which let me do this:
Screenshot_20181003-122805.pngScreenshot_20181004-161622.png

I’d wish I’d also got a couple of Ikes but oh well. I wanted two Hectors and I got two Hectors, and I can’t be ungrateful.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oooh congrats! Those are some really nice looking armoured ladies with those new skills!

It was worth saving your orbs for those skills!

Sheena already proved the worth of the investment by basically soloing (with support) Infernal Robin to finally clear out that batch of GHB quests. Nice. And to think that I wasn’t actually saving all that much, blowing orbs here and there at first opportunity. I need to actually get to saving already in case someone whom I really like makes it in.

So it looks my quest for Tiki ends in failure. Got a ton of Nowi's but no Tiki's. Pushed up to 11% and got myself a Micaiah and a Spring Catria. Some might recall that I really wanted to pull on this one because I don't have Tiki(obviously) and both other units have -ATK natures. Old Micaiah was +SPD/-ATK. New Micaiah is +RES/-DEF. Not sure if that is a straight upgrade or more of a sidegrade, but it isn't -ATK! Old Spring Catria was +HP/-ATK. New Spring Catria is +SPD/-RES. That last is pretty nice.

I suppose I can't be too upset. I think it was around 160 orbs and I got 3 5*'s. Steady Breath Fodder, better'ish Micaiah, and the creme of the crop, a much better Spring Catria. Though that HP boon was helpful at times. And it bumped her up a bin in arena. Still wish the game gave me the right blue dragon loli though, I would have traded the Micaiah for any boon/bane Tiki. Seriously it was just Nowi after Nowi after Nowi. With a Shanna here and there. Which will be handy since I imagine Catria will prefer a desperation to chill with +SPD boon.

My free pull was a Shanna. I wanted to pull for Redhardt, but no red orbs appeared.

48 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Humanoid Darn, sad to see you feel that way, but right now things are kind of stagnating so I can get that feeling. And when you get that feeling sometimes it does feel like 'what's the point of saving?' since you can't even guarantee a unit who you're saving for. Really hope we get a new calendar or V3 sooner than later since there's just not much to do.

It's only partially to do with summoning or unit acquisition in general, though it no doubt plays a part. It's not about bemoaning bad luck or anything like that since my luck this year has been fine. That said, the word stagnation is definitely right: now that I have my F2P +10 units, it does feel that any further progression is gated not just behind summoning 5* units, but summoning mass quantities of 5* units. I can pull one or two copies of desirable new units just fine, but without whaling, the new units will pretty much be just diversions - interesting novelties with fancy new skills but ultimately not as effective as what I already have and have invested in.

I'll give a couple of examples. Lewyn? Fun to use but when it comes to the crunch I'll take my Nino +10 anyday since getting any meaningful merges for him is just not practical. Bride Ninian or Flying Olivia? Interesting but without Hone Fliers they're not a patch on Airzura who continues to be irreplaceable. If I wanted any such unit to be a core unit, I'd have to not just summon them, but then summon even more 5* units to build them to the point where they're an actual upgrade. I have no doubt that if I had managed to summon Tiki this banner, my reaction would be that same "cool I guess", pretty much the same as I've had for all the units I've actually summoned recently. Tiki herself then would likely be a backup CYL Hector, owing to his dual-phase versatility without the need for a seal.

In the end though, the "moment" though was not during anything to do with summoning, but rather when I was doing the arena and training stratum spam to get flags for VG. I asked myself why I need to be doing this filler content that has nothing to do with VG itself and couldn't find a satisfactory answer. This might have been fine once upon a time when there was little else going on anyway, but now it's just too much, and with the addition of extremely grindy new content like Forging Bonds and Grand Conquest - content that I note is much less materially rewarding than older content - I can't help but feel my time is being very cynically wasted.

The gacha can be as cruel as it likes, but if the game itself only required minimal time investment than I could swallow that. That however is no longer the case and it feels like the game has ballooned out to more than double, perhaps more than triple the daily effort it demanded compared to when it was new. And that's not what I'm looking for in a mobile game.

TL;DR: Burned out from too much to do. Just going to collect daily orbs and maybe autobattle TT to 50k whenever it happens.

fgEtZQM.png

Er... Not the Jugdral blue mage girl I was hoping for in the free pull here, but you'll do too! +Def, -Res makes her very squishy, but at least it doesn't hurt her Atk or Spd.

Edited by Anacybele

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Welp, managed Legendary Tiki +HP -Atk with the last 20 possible orbs I can get before banners end.

Not a good nature whatsoever, but whatever. I can't summon from the banner anymore anyways, and I managed to exhaust my pity, it's all good.

i got two of her. (of the same nature). still wallops a tonne

(sigh) Ishtar + Rhinehardt - two of my favourites, and i am #saveorbs. 
I got a 3* donnel for my efforts. i guess drag back for one of the Tikis. 

Some legends are worth pulling for (I looked at what was on for October, decided I might as well (Tiki's not until January))

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Green

3* Cordelia (Meh at this rarity. +Atk/-HP), 4* Laslow (WHEN HINATA? +Atk/-HP), 3* Olivia (Meh. +Spd/-Res, have similar), 3* Hana (L&D. Neutral)

8.5%

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Colourless

4* M!Robin (..... Neutral), 4* Olivia (+10 isn't exactly useful for guides. +Res/-Def), 4* Draug (Why can't there be more good fodder? +HP/-Res), 4* A!Tiki (..... +Res/-HP)

9%

2 each Red, Green, 1 Blue

4* Clair (Please stand aside, I could use better. +HP/-Spd), 4* Olivia (Why so many Olivias? +Spd/-Res again), 4* Seliph (Ugh. +Atk/-Spd, might be decent.)

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Green (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- So I'll be waiting until January then?)

4* Henry (Henreally? +Atk/-Spd, have already), 4* Beruka (Berukugh. +HP/-Def), 4* Saizo (Saizofuckno. +Def/-Res), 4* Niles (He's crying Croconile tears at this endeavour. +Spd/-Atk, wow that attack sucks), 4* Klein (Not even good fodder can save this failed desperation. +Def/-Spd)

9.5%, where it'll stay because I am stupid. For future reference, really shouldn't bother when below 100 orbs.

Also, I just kind of feel like decent fodder is such a pain in the hole to find. It kind of feels intentional and I'm kind of sick of it.

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Er... Not the Jugdral blue mage girl I was hoping for in the free pull here, but you'll do too! +Def, -Res makes her very squishy, but at least it doesn't hurt her Atk or Spd.

I haven't even promoted her yet, but she's got great skills. Good thing that she's useful for you.

12 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I haven't even promoted her yet, but she's got great skills. Good thing that she's useful for you.

Yeah, I could do with a fast blue mage not named Linde. She was my only one before this.

@mcsilas @SatsumaFSoysoy Fantastic hauls! Tiki for the both of you as well! Good to see this banner treated you so well.

I had 18 orbs left. Went in hoping to pull blue and a little red. First pool had no blues, pulled a red and left, next one, no blues again, pulled a red, last pool had one blue and I had 8 orbs. Sadly there was no smoke so I left with a *3 Oscar.

It was not to be this time. No L!Tiki for me. It could have been a Micaiah or S!Catria anyways but it's still a little saddening. Better luck next year I guess. Maybe she'll have better blues sharing her color next time. At the very least as consolation, one of the reds was an Olivia which finally allowed my +9 Olivia to finally hit +10. So that felt nice.

Down to 3 orbs. Back to the Performing Arts banner. 3.50% rate and I want to try to get Olivia or Shigure before it expires. Halloween means nothing to me.