6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Man that is really rough, however at least you got Myrrh finally (and twice!).   I think the math was something like one in 10 people would need 400+ orbs to summon a single Myrrh, and the average was 180 or something like that.  I think you may have noticed as well, IS has been releasing so many good banners that it is incredibly difficult to skip and save orbs. 

it really is. i didn't even mean to get all gung ho the second time, I just wanted to get a nice pity rate going. i just saw the invoice and i feel kinda yuck about it I did get some other really helpful units - Sothe + Priscilla (new to me) some more Soliels, another Silvia, a lot of Wrys's so all my calvary units are now decked out with Live to Serve + Heavenly Light, and I mean, I will always take an extra Myrrh (and the WT!Olwyn which i figured would be a hassle). but.. yucky about the money spent with no real extra 5* bling to show for it.  

they really are. i wasn't even going to go for Halloween, but i need a flying mia. i'm probably going to use my temptest trials orbs for her, and then hopefully Legendary has nothing i want. (but if the speculations are true, am hooped). 

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Today is a pretty good day all things considered. I woke up expecting nothing and this was my free summon:

qTjEMk2.png

It's funny because she was the only colorless orb in the summoning circle, sadly the red orbs were only fodder so no double 5* units for me. She's +Res -Def which isn't the best possible nature but it doesn't hurt her and having 36 Res with her A skill active is pretty handy.

Oh well, it's time to clear the 3 heroes quests and snipe for H!Myrrh.

Nice lucky freebie!

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Alexmender Wow, great free pull, congrats. Meanwhile I needed more orbs:  

Overall 100 orbs went into this: 

A2yWZjD.png

Mia +DEF/-RES

Lene neutral

Can't complain about two useful new units. But in the end it feels a little sad I couldn't resist the new Flier/weapon combination bait again ... back to 100 orbs for the legendary. 

@Zeo @Poimagic @mcsilas

Mia and a dancer, pretty good circle~

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i had 2 5.75  pity breaks before i got one 5* unit. (Myrrh both times). (and a rando 5* in Green!Olwen). 
i might have to wait to have to wait until after legendary to try for mia 

Ayyee, 3 5*s already!

YAY.

xSgE7X0.png

Decided to take one more shot at Myrrh and it paid off! Quite literally, since I had to spend some money on this. But I'd rather spend money on seasonal banners than any others. And they're the only ones I really do spend much on anyway.

+HP, -Spd, btw, so pretty decent IVs to boot!

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YAY.

xSgE7X0.png

Decided to take one more shot at Myrrh and it paid off! Quite literally, since I had to spend some money on this. But I'd rather spend money on seasonal banners than any others. And they're the only ones I really do spend much on anyway.

+HP, -Spd, btw, so pretty decent IVs to boot!

Congrats and nice IVs, too!

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Congrats and nice IVs, too!

Yep. And I also have a red armor to use a lot besides BK. Obviously, Arden is a thing too, but he kind of scares me. So I pretty much never touch him.

@daisy jane Much thanks! But I'm not giving up on her just yet. There's still a little over a week left of the PA Banner, so we'll see how I feel then. Outside of that I'm abstaining outside of the initial pull on new banners for now.

@mcsilas It's not Mia, but thats a heck of a pull! Congrats and I hope she serves you well! As for that Ike, I'm not sure if the ATK jump is worth the DEF drop, if you decide it's not however, Aether is always a nice option for fodder if Chrom doesn't exist for you like he doesn't for me.

@mampfoid Hey! There's that luck I was talking about! New dancer and a flying healer as well! And with orbs to spare! Nice to see things wrapping up early on this banner for most people!

@Alexmender You as well! Mia seems to be falling like rain for you people! With good natures to boot! I hope this continues for you all.

As for me, knowing how fickle this game is with me, chances are there was a Niles or Kagero in one of the 5 Blue/Green stones I left, but I pulled Red/Colorless exclusively and got pretty much squat for a paltry 17 orbs. After what the game dropped on me in B!Veronica, it's hard to be mad at not immediately getting the shiny new toy, but good things come to those who wait. So I'm going to save orbs for a while and come back to this banner. I may not get Myrrh, but I'm going to put effort into Mia.

26 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@daisy jane Much thanks! But I'm not giving up on her just yet. There's still a little over a week left of the PA Banner, so we'll see how I feel then. Outside of that I'm abstaining outside of the initial pull on new banners for now.]

As for me, knowing how fickle this game is with me, chances are there was a Niles or Kagero in one of the 5 Blue/Green stones I left, but I pulled Red/Colorless exclusively and got pretty much squat for a paltry 17 orbs. After what the game dropped on me in B!Veronica, it's hard to be mad at not immediately getting the shiny new toy, but good things come to those who wait. So I'm going to save orbs for a while and come back to this banner. I may not get Myrrh, but I'm going to put effort into Mia.

well i hope you can clutch it out!!
i'm hoping if i come back near the end - i can clutch out a mia, but this banner burned me in getting the focus units (it's burning a lot of people)

On 10/9/2018 at 12:56 AM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @Cute Chao @Usana @Rezzy @Alkaid

Yeah... so...

I had a 3.50% rate on the PA banner and I still need Shigure and PA!Olivia. So I went in with my 21 orbs. There were no blues and 2 colorless which made it easy. I opened the first and closed my eyes but listened to my headphones and heard the 5 stars..... and...

Hide contents

YVAjO5c.png

Yeah... so... yeah. I wasn't expecting to see this one for literal months. Until she reappeared on a focus or more likely showed up on a legendary banner. But here she is, pitybreaking me. With a respectable nature even. She's +RES/-HP, so effectively neutral.

I don't really know how to feel. On one hand PA!Olivia evades me yet again. This game is just really stingy with me when it comes to dancers for some reason. On the other hand... I was pitybroken by what's effectively the best colorless unit in the entire game as well as a unit I was pulling for on her original banner. So... it's hard not to feel satisfied. She'll be making content a lot easier as well. As I can now throw her at anything Matt can't handle. It's hard not to see this as a win. This game is so fickle with me I swear.

...I'll take it.

Not really sure how to proceed. I guess it's in my best interest to save orbs for the next big thing and wait for a few weeks. Hopefully I can do that and stick to the 15 orb first circle of the coming banners.

Yay! You got like one of the best characters in the game and one that is right up your alley considering your constant use of debuff/buffing units like Morgan and Matt. Sucks you didn’t get PA!Olivia but hopefully she’ll get more reruns.

As for me, well I couldn’t be happier. I saw Niles in the banner and knew there was no way I’d pass up this chance. I, however, was orb dry from a combination of being inactive and pulling hard for Flora (who I never got) and L!Tiki + L!Hector (I also didn’t get either of them). So I only had 9 orbs and was pretty skeptical of my chances of getting him. I grinded until I had a solid 20 and then did my free summon which only had one blue so I dipped after that. Next session was the same deal and gave me nothing of worth. The third session was the session though.

Spoiler

pofPVov.jpg

hruYDpH.jpg

Not one, but two Niles! In under 20 orbs to boot. The exact opposite of last Halloween’s banner where I didn’t get any of the focus units until pretty the last hour of the banner.

Getting two was particularly lucky because the first one was +def/-atk and while I definitely appreciate the superboon in defense getting him to 29 def, much prefer not lowering his attack.

The second one was the exact opposite of the first being +atk/-def. Again the defense loss kinda sucks but it’s hard to pass up 37/39 offense while still having good res. Definitely my “Casanova” of choice.

My luck is definitely showing but I think that’s where I’ll stop. I’d like to get the others, particularly Mia because flying staff is something I’ve been looking forward to but I think I’ll wait until one gets added to the general pool and settle for free Dorcas as my other Halloween unit.

A bit of a tangent but for once I think I actually prefer the English epithet. Casanova seems like a weird change but I guess Forbidden Tease doesn’t sound all that well in Spanish. The best thing I could think of that doesn’t sound strange would be “Toque Prohibido” which is “Forbidden Touch” or maybe “Tentación Prohibida” which is “Forbidden Temptation” but whatever I guess.

@Landmaster That's my Lon'qu (mine is still 4*), nice. A lot of people seem to like him. 

@Zeo Yeah, Mia seems really useful and after all I'm happy I got her without spending all my orbs. I grinded 1,000 SP to give her immediately Wrathful Gravity+... and only afterward remembered to give her a blessing, ouch. 

Saving orbs is hard these days, but at least I won't fall for Myrrh (this time). Good thing this banner runs a whole month, good luck getting both Mia and Myrrh! 

@NegativeExponents- Wow three grey-haired guys double focus unit in few orbs. You beat the desire sensor best, congrats! 

Translations can be strange, the German one was ok, but I changed to English last year for practical reasons. Knowing Japanese would be coolest though ... 

@daisy jane I am actually still mad about it. Spending 80 f2p orbs and get nothing noteworthy as a result, which would result in ca. 40$ money for waste. I know they don't want us to get too many 5* units, but at least 80 orbs should count for something. And it's not like I went for a single-color sniping, which could get even more of an orb wasting.

Anyway, I'll come back later for this banner, otherwise the drop rate is going to mock me for long. Maybe after the Tempest Trial, this banner is going to be here for a while.

Free summon on TT banner gave me normal Myrrh. She doesn't have an ideal nature (+Spd/-HP) but meh, at least I have a bonus unit for TT now and I can just cruise through it with my dragon themed team.

Edited by NSSKG151

Got a free 4* Fir today, meh. I used to love Fir but I got like 12 of her, so it's really not needed ^^;

Also, Innes is coming back on the 17th, this is a real problem since I really want him but I also want two other Halloween units uugh :'(

TT banner, so a shot at Mia I guess.

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless (Do I want to try for a Myrrh or Dorcas merge?)

4* Seliph (STOP. +Res/-Atk)

Got enough for a shot at Hallow'een again.

3 Blue, 2 Red

4* Hana (More fodder. +Atk/-Spd), 4* Ares (Good fodder. Neutral.)

Guess I'm still waiting.

@Ginko Wow congrats on that perfect Myrrh!

@NegativeExponents- Wow, double the Niles, double the fun! Congrats on getting him!

@mampfoid Wow, nice double 5 star summon! Congrats!

@Zeo Yeah one of the Ikes will be Aether. Still need to mull over which one, +Atk is a nice boon at least. But DC in Ragnell usually leans to enemy phase and -Def is iffy but not the worst bane I guess. I guess if I want an enemy phase DC sword, his Legendary version will be used more anyway (although it's funny how +Atk PoR Ike outdamages neutral LIke). I guess technically he has a little bit fewer losses than neutral if I did the calcs right so I might keep him around for now.

And yeah I'm going to like Myrrh. I don't need to upgrade Garon now to have a second red breath user, so that's neat. Now I just need Grima to complete the trifecta.

Anyway so I wanted to get a 5 star for my second account. Spoilers, I failed and got a 3.75%.

I got 1 red orb on each session though, and since my aim was Mia I should have ignored them but I couldn't resist a Myrrh for my second account. Not Myrrh but it was the elusive Ares! Both of them funnily enough, an 4 star. So it feels good to have Brazen fodder at least (Both + Res. One of them is -Atk.)