4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Thanks!

Too bad about 5*s eluding your alt this time, but good fodder is not to be underestimated. 

Yeah I'm happy I pulled those reds, I actually don't pull on red enough these days so I was running out of nice fodder. I even welcome the Fir in my free TT summon, since I like giving Spd +3 to healers.

I'm just worried since I only have 5 orbs left from Story maps. I need to really save now...Book 3 needs to hurry up since Paralogues don't give enough orbs :(

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Garlyle said:

@daisy jane I am actually still mad about it. Spending 80 f2p orbs and get nothing noteworthy as a result, which would result in ca. 40$ money for waste. I know they don't want us to get too many 5* units, but at least 80 orbs should count for something. And it's not like I went for a single-color sniping, which could get even more of an orb wasting.

Anyway, I'll come back later for this banner, otherwise the drop rate is going to mock me for long. Maybe after the Tempest Trial, this banner is going to be here for a while.

i totally understand how you feel. i am major grumps about it myself yesterday. I was reading on reddit and just the horror stories of this banner. i get the gatcha nature but...lie you said. would be nice to count for something other than fodder. 

8 hours ago, Ginko said:

Today's free pull got me a perfect IV Myrrh -Spd/+Def.

She is my first Myrrh so I will take a good care of her.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I got a 5 star Diadora as my free pull today. Not too shabby.

Congrats!

I got Cecilia~ Glad Myrrh will have two banners this month so I can focus on trying to get the Halloween units before trying to get her~

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Zeo Thanks! It was pretty cool to get quite lucky on a seasonal banner (usually they tend to be pretty harsh for me). 

Also, speaking of a Mia rain...

P7Hm6A2.png

Yup. Free Mia #2. She's +Spd -Def, the superbane hurts but it's not the end of the world because she's a speed demon and can take at least 1 hit from everything that doesn't have a special charged. 

@Alexmender @mampfoid Nice! Looks like you two are all set for TT.

As for me, I have 2 Mias. One is +RES/-ATK and the other is +DEF/-SPD. There were 2 red stones and one green in my pool. I only pulled the green. Yeah there could have been a Mia in one of those stones, or there could have been nothing, or another -ATK/SPD one. With all the different banners and the legendary coming up, it's just not worth pulling for a unit I already have 2 of, even if the natures suck. I'm looking at the PA and Halloween banners. Can't afford to spend insufficiently.

I'm set for OG TT anyway. I've got both Mia and Myrrh. My OG Mia is a permanent benchwarmer due to her nature but she's still a favorite so it's fine. At least she'll see some use here.

Edited by Zeo

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender @mampfoid Nice! Looks like you two are all set for TT.

[...]

I'm set for OG TT anyway. I've got both Mia and Myrrh. My OG Mia is a permanent benchwarmer due to her nature but she's still a favorite so it's fine. At least she'll see some use here.

Good thing bonus unit stat boost egalizes bad natures. Who will join your Myrrh and Mia? 

My team is ready as well. It'll be a good mix of OG and Halloween units. OG Dorcas (-ATK) was already used in TTs, but OG Myrrh (+ATK), OG Mia (+ATK), LB!Dorcas & LB!Mia (Gravity+) will be fun. Dorcas can run boots and get healed by Mia. 

Perhaps I'll make a second team of my newest legendary units ... but playing OP armors would make me want to pull for red Myrrh. 

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@NegativeExponents- Wow three grey-haired guys double focus unit in few orbs. You beat the desire sensor best, congrats! 

Translations can be strange, the German one was ok, but I changed to English last year for practical reasons. Knowing Japanese would be coolest though ... 

Robin is the real showstopper 

I agree with knowing Japanese being the coolest for sure. Actually, I figured I would try switching the language to Japanese because I'm taking Japanese classes so I figured maybe I could try to familiarize myself more by changing it but it wasn't the best idea. Like, I'm pretty good at reading the Hiragana and so-so with the Katakana but Kanji is were I'm stumped. I know next to nothing about Kanji and seeing as how there's quite bit of it I'm only able to read bits and pieces of it. I guess in the end it doesn't really matter because even if I did know how to read it likelihood is that I still wouldn't know what I just read means, especially if it's informal/slang, still, being able to read it would be a huge step up from not being able to.

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@NegativeExponents- Wow, double the Niles, double the fun! Congrats on getting him!

Thanks! Double the fun is the correct way of putting it because I'm still not sure what to do with the extra copy so for now I'm just using both.

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Anyway so I wanted to get a 5 star for my second account. Spoilers, I failed and got a 3.75%.

I got 1 red orb on each session though, and since my aim was Mia I should have ignored them but I couldn't resist a Myrrh for my second account. Not Myrrh but it was the elusive Ares! Both of them funnily enough, an 4 star. So it feels good to have Brazen fodder at least (Both + Res. One of them is -Atk.)

That's some great fodder. Any ideas as to who those Brazens are going to?

@NegativeExponents- Well I got 2 -Atk Ares (my very first one was also +Res/-Atk) and I will train the non Atk bane one for now in case he is a bonus unit for something like a future TT. Kind of thinking to give 1 Brazen Atk/Def to Silas, but I also want to give Silas Close Def (for either double Close Def or have Distant Def as SS). I think I'll wait until we get the Brazen Seal first to see how Brazen works well with him.

So that leaves me with 1 spare one for anyone, but I may save it for now. Maybe I'll be stuck with Alfonse for an arena season, and that Brazen would be useful for him if that's the case. Otherwise, no one really jumps out at me right now.

Maybe you could give Atk/Spd Link to someone?

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Good thing bonus unit stat boost egalizes bad natures. Who will join your Myrrh and Mia? 

B!Veronica needs SP so she'll be my healer for the team so it'll be OG Mia/Blue Unit/OG Myrrh/B!Veronica.

Maybe a mage or something. I could be lazy and put the armor boots on B!Hector and call it a day though.

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I agree with knowing Japanese being the coolest for sure. Actually, I figured I would try switching the language to Japanese because I'm taking Japanese classes so I figured maybe I could try to familiarize myself more by changing it but it wasn't the best idea. Like, I'm pretty good at reading the Hiragana and so-so with the Katakana but Kanji is were I'm stumped. I know next to nothing about Kanji and seeing as how there's quite bit of it I'm only able to read bits and pieces of it. I guess in the end it doesn't really matter because even if I did know how to read it likelihood is that I still wouldn't know what I just read means, especially if it's informal/slang, still, being able to read it would be a huge step up from not being able to.

Well think Heroes would be the perfect occasion to use that knowledge. Perhaps it's not comparable to Japanese, but it helped my English at young age a lot to read and play stuff I was really interested in in English. I would look up the stuff I didn't understand, which wasn't easy in the beginning, because I wanted also to enjoy the story.

Heroes would be perfect because it doesn't exactly consists of walls of text. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

B!Veronica needs SP so she'll be my healer for the team so it'll be OG Mia/Blue Unit/OG Myrrh/B!Veronica.

Maybe a mage or something. I could be lazy and put the armor boots on B!Hector and call it a day though.

Veronica should be fun, especially for someone who appreciates buffs/debuffs like you. Hector sounds like a plan, new units need to see some use, especially favs. 

I came to like Hector more now that I started to play his game again. 

Edited by mampfoid

Spent multiple hours the past few days to gather more orbs by doing Chain Challenges and GHB Elite Quests, and finally got up to 20 again today and:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-10-12-10-05-59.thumb.png.70158beb9fdfd9c8cf974554c1cc3bb2.png

AAAAAAAH I can't believe I got both her and Mia in just about 70 orbs!!! I kinda feel bad about it too, seeing so many people spending hundreds of orbs and not getting her at all, I really feel bad for you guys :( But tbf this is officially the luckiest I've ever been with a seasonal banner, I've had three seasonal banners on which I didn't get a single thing and this really makes up for it.

Also, to punish me for this luck, she's of course -atk, +def. Though that's only half bad I guess.

Think I'm gonna save up orbs for Innes now, and try again after that for H!Niles.

Edited by Mau

Niles continues to avoid me. If I recall, I got pretty good luck on the Halloween banner last year (I got Henry and Jakob quite easily) so this might be the fallout from that... or all the 5* freebies I've had of late.

Oh well. Will keep pulling in the hopes of him. He's not a favourite of mine but I love his art and costume :D I would have kept going for Myrrh but two off focus pity-breakers are enough and Niles is my priority.

Odin seems to love me of late. Not complaining there. He is useful fodder :)

Well, this finally happened.

beSFBaO.png

Her boon/bane is trash (+Def/-Atk), but that’s par for the course with a good portion of my Tellius pulls. This also happened a pull or two earlier.

Spoiler

sjb4a2R.png Now I have increased incentive to pull for Tana on the New Power banner as this puts me at four away from a +10. Because, you know, I was just dying for more distractions from witch Mia. 

4 hours ago, Mau said:

Spent multiple hours the past few days to gather more orbs by doing Chain Challenges and GHB Elite Quests, and finally got up to 20 again today and:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2018-10-12-10-05-59.thumb.png.70158beb9fdfd9c8cf974554c1cc3bb2.png

AAAAAAAH I can't believe I got both her and Mia in just about 70 orbs!!! I kinda feel bad about it too, seeing so many people spending hundreds of orbs and not getting her at all, I really feel bad for you guys :( But tbf this is officially the luckiest I've ever been with a seasonal banner, I've had three seasonal banners on which I didn't get a single thing and this really makes up for it.

Also, to punish me for this luck, she's of course -atk, +def. Though that's only half bad I guess.

Think I'm gonna save up orbs for Innes now, and try again after that for H!Niles.

Congrats on getting her fairly quickly, though the IVs aren't the best, at least you have her now~ Def at least is a good boon~

30 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Yolo summon on my birthday turned out great :D I got a +spd/-def H!Mia and she was the one I wanted the most out of the new units. 

Nice, congrats! And happy birthday~

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, this finally happened.

beSFBaO.png

Her boon/bane is trash (+Def/-Atk), but that’s par for the course with a good portion of my Tellius pulls. This also happened a pull or two earlier.

Hide contents

sjb4a2R.png Now I have increased incentive to pull for Tana on the New Power banner as this puts me at four away from a +10. Because, you know, I was just dying for more distractions from witch Mia. 

Nice pulls, the Tana's especially nice since you're so close to +10. Here's hoping you can get some more merges on the New Power banner~

21 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@NegativeExponents- Well I got 2 -Atk Ares (my very first one was also +Res/-Atk) and I will train the non Atk bane one for now in case he is a bonus unit for something like a future TT. Kind of thinking to give 1 Brazen Atk/Def to Silas, but I also want to give Silas Close Def (for either double Close Def or have Distant Def as SS). I think I'll wait until we get the Brazen Seal first to see how Brazen works well with him.

So that leaves me with 1 spare one for anyone, but I may save it for now. Maybe I'll be stuck with Alfonse for an arena season, and that Brazen would be useful for him if that's the case. Otherwise, no one really jumps out at me right now.

Maybe you could give Atk/Spd Link to someone?

Might I suggest Shiro as one of your candidates? Doesn't receive the immediate defense boost like he does with Steady Stance but once he activates he'll get the defense boost along with a significant boost to his attack.

Well, I'm actually more interested in the Devilish Bow. The permanent guard effect is something I really like but I'm not sure who would make good use of it. I figured that bulky archers like Leon (physical), Faye (mixed), or Niles (magical) would make good use out of it since it prevents them from being nuked by any special (unless the enemy is running something like QP/Moonbow/Killer weapon for instant proc) but I'm not entirely sure if it'd be better than the Slaying Bow Niles/Leon have or a Guard Bow on Faye.

As for Atk/Spd Link, I did think of giving it to Marth to make the Best Buffbot™ but I only ever really use him in conjunction with Odin and his Prf already gives him an innate Atk/Spd  Link so I decided against that. I figured maybe I could give it to Charlotte so she could buff herself but that would mean giving up on QR and since that really helps with canceling out any Wary Fighters she might run into that's not worth it. The thing with Atk/Spd Link is that it can make anyone into a great Buffbot thanks to the existence of the Tactics Seals but I'm just not sure who I would like to that with.

Ah, actually, now that I think about it, Lloyd would make a good user because his Prf requires that he be near a tome user and with Atk/Spd Link he could buff himself and his partner even further and unlike some other units, he doesn't exactly need QR when he can easily Spd stack so I might do that. Not with this Niles since I still much prefer finding a use for Devilish Bow instead but still something to keep in mind for the future.

18 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Well think Heroes would be the perfect occasion to use that knowledge. Perhaps it's not comparable to Japanese, but it helped my English at young age a lot to read and play stuff I was really interested in in English. I would look up the stuff I didn't understand, which wasn't easy in the beginning, because I wanted also to enjoy the story.

Heroes would be perfect because it doesn't exactly consists of walls of text. 

Ah, you're so right. I remember doing the same thing too when I was learning English (not my first language in case you haven't noticed). Although to be fair, I didn't really have much of a choice on whether I wanted to or not, so it was basically sink or swim at that point.

Anyway, I decided to take your advice and just roll with it and honestly, it's not as bad I imagined. It helps that a lot of the words are very... Engrish-y. Yeah, that would be the best way to describe it. Had to search up some things here and there, namely that apparently V can be written as ヴ which I was not aware of and was very confused as I was under the impression that you would just use the B family of Katakana for that, but apparently it's a matter of preference(?). Interesting to say the least. So thank you for your advice.

-------------------------------

So I do not completely derail the thread with my tangents, I decided to finally redeem some of the free pulls that were waiting for me.

The Ishtar and double Reinhardt banner got me a big ole' Effie. Don't really have anyone that needs Wary Fighter and doesn't already have it but I guess the partial Death Blow could be useful at some point. As for the Tempest Trial banner, I already have Dorcas and Myrrh so I pulled for the single red orb in hopes of getting Mia. Didn't get her but I did get Chrom which is fantastic because I have found myself using Aether quite a lot lately and there's still plenty of units who would appreciate it. Overall pretty decent but nothing terribly exciting.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, daisy jane said:

it really is. i didn't even mean to get all gung ho the second time, I just wanted to get a nice pity rate going. i just saw the invoice and i feel kinda yuck about it I did get some other really helpful units - Sothe + Priscilla (new to me) some more Soliels, another Silvia, a lot of Wrys's so all my calvary units are now decked out with Live to Serve + Heavenly Light, and I mean, I will always take an extra Myrrh (and the WT!Olwyn which i figured would be a hassle). but.. yucky about the money spent with no real extra 5* bling to show for it.  

they really are. i wasn't even going to go for Halloween, but i need a flying mia. i'm probably going to use my temptest trials orbs for her, and then hopefully Legendary has nothing i want. (but if the speculations are true, am hooped). 

This is one of the many reasons I avoid putting money into the game.  It feels bad when a bunch of saved FTP orbs go down the drain with an unwanted pity breaker or something, however putting real cash and having that happen would be well I know I would be very upset.  The cool thing about an extra Myrrh though is she has vengeful fighter 3 which is a highly desirable skill, so she is an excellent fodder unit.  

Personal update, up to 4.25% pity rate.  Being orb broke is rough guys, you scrounge up orbs from chain challenges whatever til you get 20 and then pull...then disappointment.  Then have to scrounge another 20.   I hope we don't get something better than the Halloween banner in the next 30 days otherwise I am screwed, all the orbs we are getting and remaining chain challenges/squad assaults are going to Halloween until I get both Mia and Myrrh.   Skippable banner when?

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

So thank you for your advice.

Cool, you are welcome! Looking forward to see how your team looks and sounds like in your next clear. 

I'd like to learn a new language sometime, but currently (and in the next future) that wouldn't fit into my weekly schedule. 

5 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid Nice H!Mia. I’m hoping to get her soon, once I build up orbs

Good look getting her! 

I get enough orbs again, let's try for a Mia. Maybe.

3 Blue, 1 each Red, Colourless (Of course)

4* Gaius (I want him gone from the summoning gates. PLEASE. +Res/-Atk), 4* Stahl (WHAT CAN I DO TO NOT GET SUCH TERRIBLE FODDER? +Atk/-HP)

I might be back later.

11 hours ago, Lewyn said:

This is one of the many reasons I avoid putting money into the game.  It feels bad when a bunch of saved FTP orbs go down the drain with an unwanted pity breaker or something, however putting real cash and having that happen would be well I know I would be very upset.  The cool thing about an extra Myrrh though is she has vengeful fighter 3 which is a highly desirable skill, so she is an excellent fodder unit.  

Personal update, up to 4.25% pity rate.  Being orb broke is rough guys, you scrounge up orbs from chain challenges whatever til you get 20 and then pull...then disappointment.  Then have to scrounge another 20.   I hope we don't get something better than the Halloween banner in the next 30 days otherwise I am screwed, all the orbs we are getting and remaining chain challenges/squad assaults are going to Halloween until I get both Mia and Myrrh.   Skippable banner when?

i probably should have. but i merged her to fix my other Myrrh.(I just don't pull 5* units consistently enough to feel comfortable foddering them off for unit help. so  for the most part i stick with the budget builds etc.  for me...for the most part no gold star unit is bad. but i won't even lie going that long w/o one pissed me the right off. I don't mind doing my part and helping IS function but ... I don't know that just shouldn't happen. (and then of course when the lucky people, (I know RNG), get everything they need in under 60 orbs its like. really?  But I do know something what happened  for this banner will never happen again. 

I have to stay focus for holidays now. I'd really like a Winter Tharja, Winter Lissa and NY Azura. (but knowing this game this years christmas units will be equally as awesome and stupidly hard to get too.

I totally hear you about being ORB broke. it sucks bananas. the one (bright) spot is i do have ahealthy amount or orbs (not rubbing it in, i was just orb broke myself a while ago), but now i have a limit i simply can not go under a certain amount so once  i hit it that's it. i don't really wanna go to 0 and build myway up again

Edited by daisy jane

Well I am happy I scrapped together 20 orbs for the Halloween banner and managed to get a pity breaker Hinoka and H!Mia!  I am still going to try for Niles and Myrrh a bit with the TT orbs, but at least I manged to get Mia who will be very helpful.