• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Boredom it's dangerous for my orbs-savings. Back to 50 orbs (from ~120) and nothing to show for it but a Hinata. 

Darn, I know how you feel.

I didn't need to pull last night.

But after reaching 20 I went 'oh the TT is tomorrow' and now I'm back down again. Fanlivia try gave me a Jakob.... I mean I'm aiming for the Halloween one but he's not here yet so...

I guess I now have optimal Priscillas, but not sure if I should go with +Spd/-HP or +Atk/-HP. Any help @Zeo?

The Land's Bounty Summons (Roughly 150 orbs used):

Targets - HL.Mia & HL.Myrrh. Wouldn't mind a HL.Kagero either.

1. HL.Mia (+Spd/-Res): Got her about 4 summon circles in! Bane hurts, but the Boon is most welcomed :)

2. HL.Myrrh (+Spd/-Res): Got her towards the end (Had about 30 orbs left). Workable IV's (Don't plan on using her in arena, so the super boon doesn't really matter. Just wanted a copy).

No breakers in attempting for these 2, so overall, I'm pretty happy with the results.

---

I went back in a few day later to see if I could get HL.Kagero. Didn't have to spend much more:

3. HL.Kagero (+Def/-Res): Pretty satisfied with those IV's. The Def boon is what I was hoping for initially anyway. Great armoured unit and will be going on my second armoured team that I've built.

Hoping the banner on the 23rd isn't anything too great as my goal now is to get the last few copies of Legendary Lyn I need from this months Legendary banner (Betting it's great but haha).

Sniped for Myrrh, but got pitybroken at 4.25%

5* Karel Def+, Res-

This banner is just disappointment. He's new though.

Edited by Garlyle

VBH3YCA.png?1

It took a bit to get here (rate was about 4.5%), but that's two down now! Unfortunately, it seems like I'm only going to get bad boon/banes this Halloween as Niles got +Res/-Spd (which was also what that Shiro had, not it mattered since I have a +Atk/-Spd one so this one was just a merge).

5.25% now, probably 1 summon away from 5.5%. No Kagero or anything of worth to be found yet. Enough orbs left in TT for me to do 1 more full summon, but not looking good. Had 3 sessions in a row with no greens and managed to not get pity broken yet. Sadly the reds I kept picking were just junk like Seilph and not anything good for fodder either.

Time for another dip into the tricks.

3 Red, 1 each Green, Colourless (When you want one colour in particular....)

3* Serra (I actually was looking for recover fodder. +Res/-Def), 3* M!Corrin (Useless. +HP/-Spd), 4* Lilina (I hope her nature's good. +HP/-Res, sigh), 3* Cain (Wings of Mercy, nice. +Spd/-HP, nah.)

3.5%, time to go for TT.

With 11 orbs, took a dip into two banners: Land's Bounty and Generals of Muspell. Got Halloween WAH on the former, a Fallen Celica on the latter. I can call it a day, definitely.

Sigurd just pity-broke me on Land’s Bounty.

Not that I mind, since he’s +SPD/-DEF. Not sure if I should merge my +SPD/-HP copy into this one or merge this one into my -HP copy tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Boredom it's dangerous for my orbs-savings. Back to 50 orbs (from ~120) and nothing to show for it but a Hinata. 

Oh i hear that. I'm fighting with myself not to try for Dorcas/Myrrh, or that hell that was the Halloween Banner. 

well some of the TT orbs have given me H!Niles so I am happy.  Now I need to decide if I want to go for H!Myrrh or blow it off.  I love Myrrh, but since I already pulled 2 focus units with good natures I think I will quit while I am ahead.  Plus I better save just in case the next banner has someone I really love on it.  Yeah I am stopping there are just too many red pity breakers that I am better off waiting for H!Myrrh to be on a legendary banner then risking getting someone I already have.

23 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Same here, threw orbs towards one more H!Myrrh. Let's see if I can stay T21.

7 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Sigurd just pity-broke me on Land’s Bounty.

Not that I mind, since he’s +SPD/-DEF. Not sure if I should merge my +SPD/-HP copy into this one or merge this one into my -HP copy tho.

For Sigurd, -Res > -HP > -Def.

Since Halloween re-run hasn't started yet, I decided to pull a bit from the new banner and finally got pity broke by Gray. Well, I didn't have him yet so I'm not mad, though his IVs are pretty bad (-Def, +Res).

Then right after I got a 5* Soleil. Well, I guess it prevents me from having to upgrade one of the ones I have~

On 10/13/2018 at 10:14 AM, daisy jane said:

i probably should have. but i merged her to fix my other Myrrh.(I just don't pull 5* units consistently enough to feel comfortable foddering them off for unit help. so  for the most part i stick with the budget builds etc.  for me...for the most part no gold star unit is bad. but i won't even lie going that long w/o one pissed me the right off. I don't mind doing my part and helping IS function but ... I don't know that just shouldn't happen. (and then of course when the lucky people, (I know RNG), get everything they need in under 60 orbs its like. really?  But I do know something what happened  for this banner will never happen again. 

I have to stay focus for holidays now. I'd really like a Winter Tharja, Winter Lissa and NY Azura. (but knowing this game this years christmas units will be equally as awesome and stupidly hard to get too.

I totally hear you about being ORB broke. it sucks bananas. the one (bright) spot is i do have ahealthy amount or orbs (not rubbing it in, i was just orb broke myself a while ago), but now i have a limit i simply can not go under a certain amount so once  i hit it that's it. i don't really wanna go to 0 and build myway up again

Ah yeah the lucky ones.  I got all four five star focus units in 80 orbs!  However people are much more likely to post when they have good luck rather than bad luck (unless it is extraordinarily bad).  I do have W! Tharja, W! Lissa, and NY Azura and yeah they are awesome units, but you're right I'm sure the new christmas units will be equally awesome or perhaps even more so.  

Which gets to the final point, I also like having a good amount of orbs and not going to zero.  However they have just released too many banners that I can't pass on, starting with the Genealogy banner in May to this Halloween banner.  100-200 orbs every legendary banner cause the value is too good, except for August.  There just is really no way to save a good amount of orbs unless you just decide to skip incredible units.  The only banners I completely skipped since the Ishtar banner (other than free pull) is the Dancing hoshidan banner (which I would have loved Miciah and Elincia but Brave Heroes and Lewyn banner took all the orbs), Ophelia banner, and Flying Olivia banner.  I hit zero for the first time in a long time going for and thankfully getting on final pull, Hardin in early July.  Then saved again.  However after the Muspell banner I have hit being completely broke again.  

Update to Halloween.  4.25% rate broke with my *sigh* third off focus Male Morgan.  I like Male Morgan as a unit, but getting a unit that is available at 4 stars that you already have and that doesn't have amazing fodder is pretty brutal as a pity breaker.  

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Ah yeah the lucky ones.  I got all four five star focus units in 80 orbs!  However people are much more likely to post when they have good luck rather than bad luck (unless it is extraordinarily bad).  I do have W! Tharja, W! Lissa, and NY Azura and yeah they are awesome units, but you're right I'm sure the new christmas units will be equally awesome or perhaps even more so.  

Which gets to the final point, I also like having a good amount of orbs and not going to zero.  However they have just released too many banners that I can't pass on, starting with the Genealogy banner in May to this Halloween banner.  100-200 orbs every legendary banner cause the value is too good, except for August.  There just is really no way to save a good amount of orbs unless you just decide to skip incredible units.  The only banners I completely skipped since the Ishtar banner (other than free pull) is the Dancing hoshidan banner (which I would have loved Miciah and Elincia but Brave Heroes and Lewyn banner took all the orbs), Ophelia banner, and Flying Olivia banner.  I hit zero for the first time in a long time going for and thankfully getting on final pull, Hardin in early July.  Then saved again.  However after the Muspell banner I have hit being completely broke again.  

Update to Halloween.  4.25% rate broke with my *sigh* third off focus Male Morgan.  I like Male Morgan as a unit, but getting a unit that is available at 4 stars that you already have and that doesn't have amazing fodder is pretty brutal as a pity breaker.  

I hear you. 
I have to leave several orbs a challenge simply because i'm not strong enough unit wise. I am really hoping i can clear all of tempest trials to really suck it up.  It really looks like Seasonals/Legendaries are the way to go, but then you get them and it's like. seriously. why is this is... extra crappy RNG. (and i was just talking to someone. I've really neglected my army of 4 Stars, and I really should start making a decent Free To Play one because sometimes my 5 stars simply can't get it done). 

Lewyn ate all my orbs, (that's when i first started buying, biiig slippery slope, but the pity rate was stupidly high and I got him the next round). but yah. PA took them all, then I was good until I saw holloween Myrrh. (ugh. she's worth it though). Flying Olivia wiped me out (never got her, + I need her). PegaNino same. i just think i'm better off just waiting until Legendary (though I could not get the unit I am gunning for - 2 LTikis, 2 Bridal Tharjas, 1 Ike, 1 Spring Catria and NO MICAIAH - the one damned unit i cared about (well after Tiki. LOL). 

:( that's a horrible Pity Breaker.
anyway to + him up to make it worth it? (I know it's not the same). 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I hear you. 
I have to leave several orbs a challenge simply because i'm not strong enough unit wise. I am really hoping i can clear all of tempest trials to really suck it up.  It really looks like Seasonals/Legendaries are the way to go, but then you get them and it's like. seriously. why is this is... extra crappy RNG. (and i was just talking to someone. I've really neglected my army of 4 Stars, and I really should start making a decent Free To Play one because sometimes my 5 stars simply can't get it done). 

Lewyn ate all my orbs, (that's when i first started buying, biiig slippery slope, but the pity rate was stupidly high and I got him the next round). but yah. PA took them all, then I was good until I saw holloween Myrrh. (ugh. she's worth it though). Flying Olivia wiped me out (never got her, + I need her). PegaNino same. i just think i'm better off just waiting until Legendary (though I could not get the unit I am gunning for - 2 LTikis, 2 Bridal Tharjas, 1 Ike, 1 Spring Catria and NO MICAIAH - the one damned unit i cared about (well after Tiki. LOL). 

:( that's a horrible Pity Breaker.
anyway to + him up to make it worth it? (I know it's not the same). 

Tempest trials I think gives us 42 orbs so that's pretty good.  I also agree that optimal use of orbs would be seasonal/legendaries and passing on new hero banners regardless of how tempting.  Seasonals are not in the regular pool, so once and done...well thrice (will appear in legendary banner once, and then one year anniversary).  Legendary banners in addition to legendary heroes and blessings have the big benefit of no bad pity breaker and high pull rate.  Regular heroes you can pull off focus later, and in legendary banners.  The RNG is brutal as far as IV, but I won't pull for good IV on 5 star locked units cause that would be crazy expensive I deal with that dreadful -atk nature or whatever that second gacha gives me.  

Lewyn is my favorite character in the entire series, yeah so I couldn't pass on that banner either.  I did have good luck on that one and pulled him at optimum IVs +spd/-def and a good Quan too with not too many orbs.  I'm glad you got him too!  He is a blast to use, they did his character justice.  

I think one thing Iearned with all the orbs I used in summer, is even when you have a lot of orbs still be careful what you used them on.  I did pull for some things I never would bother with. Not necessarily bad characters/units but ones I didn't actually really 'need'.  

Miciah will be back I'm sure of it!  Did you get the Yukuta version?  I mean armor/horse slaying mage that is also a dancer?  Too awesome, I will hope to get her when she appears on legendary banner.  

I have M Morgan at +2 after merging this latest one, I also have two four star Morgans sitting also so I could make it a merge project if I pull some more.  When life hands you lemons make lemonade?  

Ugh couldn't help myself and decided to pull all colorless on the old Halloween banner to try for H!Sakura (and maybe get more Kleins in between).

Priscilla, Azama, Virion :/ Colorless really needs less useless fodder.

Edited by Mau

After my first 33 orbs, getting Kagero and Mia on the Halloween banner, I decided I would try one more round for Myrrh, had 5 red stones, first one was Myrrh =] So ¾ focus units in 38 orbs, I'm happy with that result and niles can suck it.

YES I GOT SAKUNYAN! After a whole year of desperately trying and saving for her! And she has decent IVs to boot!

I then went and tried for H!Myrrh. And I got her too! With ideal IVs even (+Def -Spd)! 

Other highlights include:

Veronica (+HP -Spd though)

An extra Maribelle (+HP -Atk, so she's fodder for my +10 OG!Sakura build)

An extra Elise (+Atk -Res, not sure if I'll keep her or my +Res -Def one)

Lyn, who I didn't have before (+Spd -Def. Not sure what I'll use her for yet)

A 5* M!Morgan (neutral)

and an extra OG!Ike (+Spd -Def too, not sure how I'll merge my other Ike with him yet, who is +HP -Res.)

In summary: Today is a good day!

Edited by Nanima

A 3* Subaki put me up to 5% pity on the Halloween banner today. My friend, who started with 0 orbs, has come away with both the Myrrh and the Niles I wanted >.<

Blue orbs have become scarce. Green orbs are suddenly rife.

RNG, you are a cruel, cruel creature.

Got a 4* Virion going for either Sakura or Jakob on the other Halloween banner. I already have Jakob and Henry so I'll skip that one, although I wouldn't mind getting Sakura.

20 minutes ago, Nanima said:

YES I GOT SAKUNYAN! After a whole year of desperately trying and saving for her! And she has decent IVs to boot!

I then went and tried for H!Myrrh. And I got her too! With ideal IVs even (+Def -Spd)! 

Other highlights include:

Veronica (+HP -Spd though)

An extra Maribelle (+HP -Atk, so she's fodder for my +10 OG!Sakura build)

An extra Elise (+Atk -Res, not sure if I'll keep her or my +Res -Def one)

Lyn, who I didn't have before (+Spd -Def. Not sure what I'll use her for yet)

A 5* M!Morgan (neutral)

and an extra OG!Ike (+Spd -Def too, not sure how I'll merge my other Ike with him yet, who is +HP -Res.)

In summary: Today is a good day!

Wow, congrats on getting Halloween Sakura, finally! XD

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Thanks! It's been so long and I feel incredibly relieved. XD

So now you have an entire colorless team of Takumi and Sakura to work with, although I imagine that Sakura will give you a cool magic-killing niche. If only her weapon could be refined.