@Nanima Ooh congrats on finally getting her! You've got quite a good haul!

@Zeo @mampfoid

Well the long awaited Halloween rerun is here.

I really want Halloween Jakob for my main but free summon had no colourless. 1 Red gave me Eliwood, I'll take budget Axebreaker 2.

Next session had 3 colourless, all 4 star at least. A Sothe, a Gordin and a Matthew- at least they're good fodder.

Tried again for Fanlivia since I decided i'll touch the rerun until after the legendary, and I got a Lissa. Another session gave me another Sothe, and a +Spd Gaius. 

Hmm...I guess I don't reaaaallly need Fanlivia now that I think about it, besides her art. If I need a colourless dancer, maybe I'll wait for Xander with that Close Counter. At least the Fanlivia in my second account should help me satisfy that need, I mostly only use her for AA anyway.

Watch as I lose control and YOLO when the banner ends

And to continue the trend of no control, tried again in my second account for Mia/Myrrh. Got a 3 star Jakob and Seliph and another 4 star colourless that I can't quite remember, but it wasn't as bad as those 3 stars at least. I guess this teaches me to look at my 4% pity rate and lose control.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trick or Defeat's rerun is now (I'm surprised it took this long). Can I get a cat?

3 Blue, 2 Colourless

4* Lucius (CAN I GET. GOOD FODDER. PLEASE. +HP/-Atk UGH.)

I really don't care enough because I got FrankenJakob twice trying to get her. Never again.

Back to the other banner.

2 Red, 1 each Blue, Green, Colourless.

4* Klein (Better. +Def/-Spd), 3* Caeda (Fortify Fliers. I guess. +Spd/-Atk, ho hum.), 4* Silvia (NEW DANCER YIS. +Atk/-HP, could be better honestly.)

Still haven't pulled Legault, COLOURLESS. 3.75%

@Sunwoo That she does, although mages usually weren't a big problem for me (besides Raven ones). Armours are though. OG Sakura can put in that work now that I've got Dazzling fodder though. 

@mcsilas Thanks! Yeah the haul was pretty amazing all around.

@mcsilas +SPD/-HP. Her ATK is fairly low for a healer, you can patch it with a boon and/or ATK+3 (or a premium skill) in the A slot but it's not worth sacrificing her speed which is far more important. She'll likely run Pain or Gravity in which case ATK isn't as important. You'll want her to avoid being doubled however (which will pretty much always kill her) and +SPD helps with that. 

For pure offense, there are better options both mounted and infantry if you want a +ATK healer I think. 

@mampfoid Yeah I know.... I convinced myself I'd be saving orbs for the legendary, but one morning I had some orbs and just decided (meh... I'll get Mia then I won't be able to train her in the tempest.) That left me with 0 orbs and a 3.50% rate. Not to mention 2 red orbs I left on the table. I prioritized Mia, but I would still like Myrrh and I could have very well left her on the table. I regretted the choice even if I could have pulled her. But the real nail in the coffin is that I cant pull anything from colorless anymore but Clarine, Saizo and Gordin. No Kagero, no Sothe, no Klein, no Legault, no Matthew.

I haven't been exercising self control I've realized, but now I'm going to make it official. Outside of the first pull of new banners, I'm not spending a single orb until the last day of the PA Banner. On that day, I'll decide weather or not I want to spend or save for the legendary. After that, not a single orb spent until the legendary itself.

@Alexmender @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @NegativeExponents- @Usana

....I made this post an hour before the reset but I didn't submit it... then the Halloween banner from last year has a re-run so I eat crow, take my 11 orbs and go in...

Free pull~

Spoiler

kNxt3Q8.png

...Seriously? She's even +ATK/-HP holy mother of God. I don't even like Nowi... but she's a red tome flier which I don't have, she teleports AND she's got Hone fliers which means HINOKA DOESN'T HAVE TO BE GLUED TO MY TEAM ANYMORE. If I can get Mia I'll have a fully balanced flier emblem complete with melee, ranged and healers... my God.

I also pulled another red and colorless. Lucius and Palla. I really could have kept my orbs, but you know what? I can do worse than Miracle and Moonbow fodder, I'll take it. Silas I'm still triggered by you pulling a Matthew though...

Sakura was and still is my most wanted unit from this banner (Dagger Valor man...) but between Jakob (who I already have) spooking me and all the other banners that want my orbs including flying healer, I doubt I'll spend any more. Still, unbelievable. As of now I have complete flier emblem color coverage. This game man. 

This changes nothing!! I'm still saving from here on out!

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Unfortunately Matthew is -Spd so I doubt you'd want him if I donated him to you. 

Congrats on that nice natured witch though!

But why not combine Hinoka's Spear effect AND Grimoire?

Hmm thanks for the advice on Priscilla, I think I will go +Spd then since that was the original plan (I was waiting on a +Spd forever). I guess the whole healing skills scale off Atk stat just confuses me with healer natures.

I wish you luck on your self-control! It's really hard to have control these days those daily banner reruns in Summer gave me an addiction

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

In summary: Today is a good day!

Cool, congrats on all those units and especially Sakura! Looking forward to see her in one of your videos. 

58 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well the long awaited Halloween rerun is here.

Sorry you got nothing out of the banner(s). Spending orbs on many banners simultaneously is something I'm trying to avoid. 

58 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

And to continue the trend of no control,

I'm still biting myself for wasting 70 orbs and not getting anything of those units I don't even need. 

26 minutes ago, Zeo said:

No Kagero, no Sothe, no Klein, no Legault, no Matthew.

Ouch ... at least I got some Legaults and Kleins recently. I'm in big need of Sothes though. 

That final Matthew will come. 

27 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Free pull~

Wow free +ATK, I'm envious - congrats! I'm neutral on Nowi, but I don't like the art of both her units. Her Halloween sprite is adorable though. 

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

This changes nothing!! I'm still saving from here on out!

Good luck on that! I know it's hard. 

Got 7 merges on Witch Nowi in 1500+ orbs, about average.  Planning to keep pulling till the last day as I get orbs before whaling out the last few.  Pity breakers were Ares, 2 Mia, 2 Karel, 2 Zelgius, 2 Katarina, Hinoka, H Henry, Ike, Leif, Arya, Flora, Leo, Elincia (really wanted her).

Edited by Nowi's Husband

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cool, congrats on all those units and especially Sakura! Looking forward to see her in one of your videos. 

Thanks! And yeah, I'll definitely be doing some clears with her in the future!

For Halloween I decided to free pull on colorless. Either would be nice. Got a Virion. Ah well, didn't cost me anything at least.

Edit- Forgot to send Grats to @Zeo . Gotta love her broom sprite. Though now Mia shares it with her so there is another source of witchy goodness to go about!

Edited by Usana

15 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Finally, my saving run has ended. Praying I can get Nowi in 414 Orbs before I buy some more

Best of luck.

Found one colorless orb in the Halloween banner rerun.. and I got regular Sakura. Yaaay.

21 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Best of luck.

Found one colorless orb in the Halloween banner rerun.. and I got regular Sakura. Yaaay.

0Lvaf2U.png

I will attribute this swift victory to you~

+HP, -Res, so happy Atk and Spd are neutral~

Now I can freely focus on Myrrh and Mia before coming back for the rest~

37 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

0Lvaf2U.png

I will attribute this swift victory to you~

+HP, -Res, so happy Atk and Spd are neutral~

Now I can freely focus on Myrrh and Mia before coming back for the rest~

Wooh congrats! And so fast too! :D

I have huge respect for you saving up more than 400 orbs, I've never gotten further than 150 I think D:

4 minutes ago, Mau said:

Wooh congrats! And so fast too! :D

I have huge respect for you saving up more than 400 orbs, I've never gotten further than 150 I think D:

Thanks! (If I had known I'd get her this fast, I would have tried harder for L!Tiki, haha, but now I have plenty for the other Halloween Heroes)

I had never gotten this high myself, I think my previous maximum was around 80-100-ish. I started saving after the Summer Banners because I was waiting for this rerun. I did end up pulling for S!Micaiah, L!Marth, and Silvia, but I got them all fairly quickly. Believe me, it was a struggle to save this high XP 

But compared to people who save up like 900, I don't think I could ever~

free pull was.....

Silver Olivia. (sigh). 
a 5* first pull unit would be great, thanks, Game lol

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks! (If I had known I'd get her this fast, I would have tried harder for L!Tiki, haha, but now I have plenty for the other Halloween Heroes)

I had never gotten this high myself, I think my previous maximum was around 80-100-ish. I started saving after the Summer Banners because I was waiting for this rerun. I did end up pulling for S!Micaiah, L!Marth, and Silvia, but I got them all fairly quickly. Believe me, it was a struggle to save this high XP 

But compared to people who save up like 900, I don't think I could ever~

LOL i told myself this might be a goal. and then i laughed. really hard. there are people i saw on YT videos have 1000+ orbs. like. how?!
I am struggling every day not to try for something fun!

Edited by daisy jane

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

This is perhaps the cue for us to pick up another game that we can engage in our compulsions freely, like, I dunno, Dragalia Lost? XD

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL i told myself this might be a goal. and then i laughed. really hard. there are people i saw on YT videos have 1000+ orbs. like. how?!

They literally go for like 3-4 months without pulling anything. My self control's too low for that XD

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

They literally go for like 3-4 months without pulling anything. My self control's too low for that XD

knowing my lucky, i do that, and then get NO 5* units. LOL
I like the amount i have (the one blessing of my orb-orgy buying fest :( ). but i know it's gonna be *poof!* unless the game is nice to me and gives me my winter units super fast.

9 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Tempest trials I think gives us 42 orbs so that's pretty good.  I also agree that optimal use of orbs would be seasonal/legendaries and passing on new hero banners regardless of how tempting.  Seasonals are not in the regular pool, so once and done...well thrice (will appear in legendary banner once, and then one year anniversary).  Legendary banners in addition to legendary heroes and blessings have the big benefit of no bad pity breaker and high pull rate.  Regular heroes you can pull off focus later, and in legendary banners.  The RNG is brutal as far as IV, but I won't pull for good IV on 5 star locked units cause that would be crazy expensive I deal with that dreadful -atk nature or whatever that second gacha gives me.  

Lewyn is my favorite character in the entire series, yeah so I couldn't pass on that banner either.  I did have good luck on that one and pulled him at optimum IVs +spd/-def and a good Quan too with not too many orbs.  I'm glad you got him too!  He is a blast to use, they did his character justice.  

I think one thing Iearned with all the orbs I used in summer, is even when you have a lot of orbs still be careful what you used them on.  I did pull for some things I never would bother with. Not necessarily bad characters/units but ones I didn't actually really 'need'.  

Miciah will be back I'm sure of it!  Did you get the Yukuta version?  I mean armor/horse slaying mage that is also a dancer?  Too awesome, I will hope to get her when she appears on legendary banner.  

I have M Morgan at +2 after merging this latest one, I also have two four star Morgans sitting also so I could make it a merge project if I pull some more.  When life hands you lemons make lemonade?  

the one thing i am liking about this game is that it's making me hope that IS does another Echoes of a lot of these games I've never played before. Like I love Lewyn, I wanna know more about Ishtar, what's the deal with Erikia going all magic tome-y....

Oh i'm sure she will. I just find it hilarious i haven't even gotten her yet. I've pulled on every single one of her banners, and that's how I have a Hardin, two Ishtars and Two F!Morgan. (now if the game wouldn't mind giving me a decent 5* Tomehardt, or Hinoka....Ninian... i'm game, Game.). I DID get a Yuuta version, she was my free draw (yay!). She'll be my focus when she's on legendary too. I need to Plus her up so badly, she's lethal for me

I hope repeats (on some seasonals) happen again, but if not... well. bye bye Hollow-Nowi etc. I simply can't pull for you .
I think that's a good Lemonade Project. I'm starting to do the same. I've got ear-marked the units I want to Gold up but I want to have a decent Silver Army too. like. I have a 5* Morgan but I don't like how he works so much so I am going to Gold Up Liliana, and use her, and just 10+ my Silver Morgans. We can be the Lemonade Squad :)  

1 minute ago, Karimlan said:

This is perhaps the cue for us to pick up another game that we can engage in our compulsions freely, like, I dunno, Dragalia Lost? XD

LOL after i do my tempest trials grind - I play Child of light. just totally put the phone away. IS got too much of my money lately, so these orbs are earmarked for special stuff now. 

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

free pull was.....

Silver Olivia. (sigh). 
a 5* first pull unit would be great, thanks, Game lol

Yeah my free pull wasn't that great either but I did pull H!Henry in 40 orbs at least.

I just got enough orbs to try the newer Halloween banner again. I've been trying to go for Mia. Instead, I got Kagero and Myrrh. Kagero is +Atk/-Def. Not the best but could be worse. Myrrh I was kinda excited about, until I saw she was +Res/-Atk. I then tried my free summon and got a five star unit. A five star Rhajat to be more specific. Didn't even bother to check her IV's, she's going straight to fodder.

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

the one thing i am liking about this game is that it's making me hope that IS does another Echoes of a lot of these games I've never played before. Like I love Lewyn, I wanna know more about Ishtar, what's the deal with Erikia going all magic tome-y....

Oh i'm sure she will. I just find it hilarious i haven't even gotten her yet. I've pulled on every single one of her banners, and that's how I have a Hardin, two Ishtars and Two F!Morgan. (now if the game wouldn't mind giving me a decent 5* Tomehardt, or Hinoka....Ninian... i'm game, Game.). I DID get a Yuuta version, she was my free draw (yay!). She'll be my focus when she's on legendary too. I need to Plus her up so badly, she's lethal for me

I hope repeats (on some seasonals) happen again, but if not... well. bye bye Hollow-Nowi etc. I simply can't pull for you .
I think that's a good Lemonade Project. I'm starting to do the same. I've got ear-marked the units I want to Gold up but I want to have a decent Silver Army too. like. I have a 5* Morgan but I don't like how he works so much so I am going to Gold Up Liliana, and use her, and just 10+ my Silver Morgans. We can be the Lemonade Squad :)  

LOL after i do my tempest trials grind - I play Child of light. just totally put the phone away. IS got too much of my money lately, so these orbs are earmarked for special stuff now. 

Yeah Heroes is raising awareness of Japan only games, which opens the doors for more Echoes games.  Genealogy is my favorite game, but I don't speak Japanese so I have to make do with a fan translation (which is universally praised to be fair).  It would be great to have an official translation that also upgrades the visuals/audio and expands the story and character writing as well as other improvements.  On Lewyn he is the only unit I am seriously really interested in +10ing.  However as a 5 star locked unit, that will take a lot of luck I don't think I'll be able to save the 1000 orbs or whatever it takes.

Oh you do have dancing Miciah, that is sweet.  I do have regular Miciah and enjoy her.   Hey at least you got Hardin, 2 Ishtar and 2 Female Morgan all pretty awesome units and all having good to great fodder.  Don't talk to me about Hinoka, Sanaki Cymbeline is refined and ready for a friendship of the ages but Hinoka does not come.  Rarely appears on banners, and I don't think ever on the legendary banner.  

Lilina is pretty great with her upgrade, though I haven't pulled an ideal IV one to be worth the 20k feathers.  Oh speaking of Tomehardt, I must have pulled like 20 of them at 4 star rarity and yet not a single one has been +atk.  So I've never enjoyed this unit that it seems everyone has built and set.  Personally I don't do 4 star merges just cause you can't upgrade them to 5 star so if you want to take that next step you can't.  Anyhoo the lemonade viewpoint or silver lining one is a good way to look at things, perhaps you did not get that Peganino but you got another Hector and was able to give Myrrh Distant counter which she has wanted forever, etc.  Speaking off...

Update, so no pity rate build up, first circle got me a five star.  Genny!  +atk/-HP!  I wanted her for some time even though she doesn't stand out as much as she once did, so hey not Halloween Mia but comes ready for Dazzling Wrathful out of the box and gravity staff.  Also res is high so she can do ploys, already gave her attack ploy.