• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo @mampfoid

Welp. I can finally be released from my misery- looks like I missed Halloween Jakob again. I get two Halloween Sakuras (one +Spd, one +Atk) so at least I didn't leave the banner too empty-handed.

Did most of the chain challenges to day to get a few more tries but I just had to leave at 4%. At least the game decided to throw me a bone from pulling colourless, since the I got 3 Kleins in a row (from consecutive sessions) and my final 5 orb YOLO was a Sothe. @Vaximillian looks like colourless hell took pity on me in the end as a consolation with some good A skills 

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

It would appear that the gatcha has gotten me~ I blew all my Orbs and no Jakob, so I'll just wait till he comes to a Legendary Banner~

I at least got my first Setsuna today so I can finally have Bowbreaker~

Congrats on Bowbreaker (or Guard Bow) at least! But yeah not really sure when Jakob will appear again so hopefully they rerun old seasonals again soon. Don't want to wait another year again.

It's funny, I didn't try too hard last year since I wanted to avoid the colour sharing pitybreaking curse and this happens this year haha (the exact reason why I didn't try too hard last year). Well at least I have my favourite characters in the game so hopefully now I can get more orbs back up (unless they throw a random seasonal of a favourite character). 

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

looks like colourless hell took pity on me in the end as a consolation with some good A skills 

Not bad, not bad! Blue was similarly kind to me, even if didn’t give me Micaiah. Three (or four?) Shannas, a Sully, an Abel, a Silas, and even a Quan for my Eirika to nibble on!

Just last week I was lamenting the lack of an optimal Bartre to promote. Well I guess the game was tired of waiting too because my freebie summon was a five star +Atk/-Spd Bartre. Oof, definitely would have preferred -Res, or maybe a +spd alternative since the new refinement brings him to a more respectable speed class for an anti-armor, but that's still very thoughtful to just hand to me. Man I've got a lot of units to raise.

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not bad, not bad! Blue was similarly kind to me, even if didn’t give me Micaiah. Three (or four?) Shannas, a Sully, an Abel, a Silas, and even a Quan for my Eirika to nibble on!

Oh nice! I haven't pulled Shannas in forever! I still have yet to pull a Silas after his banner as well, so it was a good thing I got him when he was still a focus, even if he was an obvious demote lol

@Usana Darn, sorry to hear the lack of Saber (funny how people used to dread the sudden Saber), but at least a +Atk Sothe is really good! 

@mampfoid I kind of want a seasonal banner that's only seasonal focus units, kind of like a legendary banner in that no non-seasonal can pitybreak you. I'm just glad I didn't get Mist'd or something. 

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I kind of want a seasonal banner that's only seasonal focus units, kind of like a legendary banner in that no non-seasonal can pitybreak you. I'm just glad I didn't get Mist'd or something. 

That would be nice ... but would that mean seasonal legendary heroes too? ^^ 

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm just glad I didn't get Mist'd or something. 

She became the bad example for pity breakers. Funnily I never got her. 

Well, I pulled on last year's Halloween banner for Henry, getting up to a 3.75% pity rate. Got Innes on a round with no green stones. I'm in a conundrum because up until a month or so ago I would've been happy about this ... but I already have a really good +res -def Innes (new one was +res -HP so about the same), and since I don't merge my 5-stars ... eh.

At least I got my first Libra out of it (he has a shitty nature). Plus, if I never get my optimal +atk -def Felicia I at least have a +atk -res substitute for the time being.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't have her either. I don't mind getting her once or if she was in the first circle and not 4%+

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh nice! I haven't pulled Shannas in forever! I still have yet to pull a Silas after his banner as well, so it was a good thing I got him when he was still a focus, even if he was an obvious demote lol

@Usana Darn, sorry to hear the lack of Saber (funny how people used to dread the sudden Saber), but at least a +Atk Sothe is really good! 

@mampfoid I kind of want a seasonal banner that's only seasonal focus units, kind of like a legendary banner in that no non-seasonal can pitybreak you. I'm just glad I didn't get Mist'd or something. 

I would love a + atk Sothe @Usana but not when you are hunting for someone else. 

@mcsilas I was talking with someone about that too. like. it would be nice if seasonal banners if they said the percentage rate was a touch higher (not 8% like legendary - but just like a tick higher) - and the only thing that breaks you is Seasonal units. i know if that were the case i'd probably divide my legendary orbs (or even re-consider buying them again) if on seasonal banners i'm not getting bombarded by Jaffars. (which ironically. now i want because i have 3, so i might as well +10 him now haha). I still think the 'whale' aspect would be there (even bigger). unless they think (even if they do it) - running three x seasonal banners for some months is better a Summer Seasonal or Halloween Seasonal banner that lasts for a month. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

see above. 
LOL me either. I wouldn't mind her. but i think, like Luke she doesn't have anything stupidly special it just irritates at first. 

Edited by daisy jane

@mcsilas@daisy jane The only problem with the +ATK Sothe is that I already had a +SPD/-RES which is probably the better(58/38 vs 55/41).

To be fair new Saber probably isn't super great, but meme builds could be fun. I just like the fact that the Miracle/Breath/Shield Pulse/QR build can bait and kill QP Moonbow Reinhardt. I could see someone not checking the forecast and suicide into him.  In addition a breath skill would fully charge his Miracle again thanks to QR. And paired with a healer he could be brought up to full hp again. That wouldn't be annoying or anything :D.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid

Welp. I can finally be released from my misery- looks like I missed Halloween Jakob again. I get two Halloween Sakuras (one +Spd, one +Atk) so at least I didn't leave the banner too empty-handed.

Did most of the chain challenges to day to get a few more tries but I just had to leave at 4%. At least the game decided to throw me a bone from pulling colourless, since the I got 3 Kleins in a row (from consecutive sessions) and my final 5 orb YOLO was a Sothe. @Vaximillian looks like colourless hell took pity on me in the end as a consolation with some good A skills 

Congrats on Bowbreaker (or Guard Bow) at least! But yeah not really sure when Jakob will appear again so hopefully they rerun old seasonals again soon. Don't want to wait another year again.

It's funny, I didn't try too hard last year since I wanted to avoid the colour sharing pitybreaking curse and this happens this year haha (the exact reason why I didn't try too hard last year). Well at least I have my favourite characters in the game so hopefully now I can get more orbs back up (unless they throw a random seasonal of a favourite character). 

Same, I was at 4% but I just called it quits. Wish, I at least got pitybroken before the end but I can't complain (I actually got 3 Halloween Sakuras, 2 Nowis, and Henry) so 3/4 isn't bad~

Looks like you at least got some good fodder out of it and a Sothe~ I expect he'll appear around the Spring or Summer on a Legendary Banner so hopefully we'll have better luck then XP

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Landmaster @mcsilas Sorry Jakob made himself rare to you again. I'm curious how IS will handle seasonal units on legendary banners in the future. Perhaps you'll get other opportunities to pull for him. 

Hoping so, like @mcsilas, I also hope we eventually get Seasonal Banners where there's no off focus units (though I was very lucky on this banner and didn't really get any off-focus units; I got a 5* Libra but I didn't have a pity rate). Would be really helpful and less terrifying for Colorless Seasonals XD

Last night I pulled a Halloween Nowi and a pity breaker Leif. 

Also quick question, is it recommended to level up a dupe to level 40 to have better stats? I already had a level 40 Leif before pulling another Leif so I decided to merge my level 40 with the Level 1 Leif right away.  

26 minutes ago, Smog said:

Last night I pulled a Halloween Nowi and a pity breaker Leif. 

Also quick question, is it recommended to level up a dupe to level 40 to have better stats? I already had a level 40 Leif before pulling another Leif so I decided to merge my level 40 with the Level 1 Leif right away.  

for merging? 
no, it's based off Lv 1 stats (this is what i thought at first). I train my units anyway (for lots of SP for other skills etc, then i merge. 

2 minutes ago, Smog said:

Ok thanks. I'll do that when I have enough heroes to start a project. 

yah. some might think it odd - but i actually do like training (and mixing/matching different units. (it gives me a feel of what i like/don't like in terms of some combos).and i feel instead of having to grind SP for one unit for a crap tonne of skills - put different stuff on each one, then when you're ready for feathering (or if you're silver-staring them) - put them together and poof. you still have some SP and you've got most of the skills maxed out :) - just make sure you label them properly. ;). 

@mcsilas Sorry Jakob wouldn't show up for you. Colorless I've discovered is fickle. It can give you good fodder or even a decent *5, but those units  you really, really want tend to evade you. I know that better than anyone. I'm glad you didn't leave empty handed though. I couldn't get witch Mia and could barely even get good fodder out of the deal. If I see another Saizo or Serra I swear I'll shoot someone.

New Banner. Yet another Titania and a Rebecca. +10 Matthew evades me another day. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Zeo

Wow, got FKana from my free pull on the BHB banner. And she's +spd!... -atk. And that's a super bane, so she's completely useless.

Can't complain about a free 5*, but I have yet another reason to pray for IV rerolls.

EHHHHHH

I pulled on the green stone and two blue stones, and I got a freaking normal Ephraim on the second blue stone.

Whyyyyyyyyyy I already have a good Ephraim this is my third one does it have anything to do with the extra Innes I got yesterday

EDIT: Oh man, he's +atk. This is better than my +spd one. WHYYYYYYYYYYY.

Edited by Sunwoo