• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fang of all my long saved ~200 orbs and some summoning tickets:

Gained 5*:

Lewyn, Elise, GreenOlwen, Myrrh, Eir ×2, Faye

And my very first Priscilla after 13 months. Not that I cried for her.

And my second Sothe after ten moths of abscence

Got Lewyn and Eir, the two units I wanted from this banner, and some bonus material. I'm satisfied overall!

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Silas is not three-star.

i read your post wrong. sorry. 
But i still agree with you

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I got pretty lucky with the Hero Fest Banner: a Eir, a Quan, a Owain and a Lewyn. I cannot complain...

I got very lucky. 
(at the end it owuld have been nice to get new to me characters at 5* (especially Legault). but. hey. it is what it is. 

@mcsilas Nice finishing pulls there! Eir is definitely the prize here as this will likely be the only chance to pull for her alone since she'll likely join the legendary banner rotation going forward. Ophelia is icing on the cake too! Minerva is the cherry! I'd probably keep Eir. You can do silly things like run 2 Eirs in AR and light bless a Surtr so he can be basically invincible.

@eclipse Late response but no worries. I probably wouldn't swap out my +SPD/-HP Matt at this point unless he got a prf/refine that catered to the superboon he gets from +ATK. My Matt will come...

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Cute Chao @Usana

Yeah well, I was pulling only with the free ticket for probably a little more than half of the days of the event. But I was seeing how lucky people were getting and realistically every unit from this banner has a lot of value (except Ophelia if you have a copy, but I don't have her either) and I saw my rate was going up, so I decided since the Christmas banners don't really interest me I'm going to pull a bit more in hopes of something good. Discount pulls only though. Yesterday's 15 orb full pull got me a Silas and some ok fodder (but no Shanna/Subaki), for today's full pull though, on the very last orb of the set.

Spoiler

t67oza4.png

And a pitybreaker stands before me. Sadly no Owain for me yet again. Instead I get Sanaki to add to the ever growing list of Red tome units I have along with Celica, Lillina, Arvis, M!Morgan, S!Leo, Horse Eirika, S!Tana, ToD!Nowi, Thara, etc. List goes on. At least it's a unit I've never pulled before and she fills a specific role better than any other unit in my barraks of her color (Support/RES Tank/OHKO Nuke combo) and with a good nature to boot. She's true neutral.

I may be a little disappointed, but I did get something out of the deal and I think I got off easy actually.

Down to 64 orbs which kinda hurts considering around 30 of them will likely be dumped tomorrow, but there are more orbs to be gotten still. From a Blessed Garden in a week or so, the Linus GHB, the Tap Battle I haven't done yet, the latest CC I haven't done, the upcoming 2 TTs. I'll be fine, but still my stockpile could have been excellent. I'd have nearly 100 or a little more now. Was it worth it? Probably given the fodder and this prize. Does it feel that way? Not quite sure.

Nevertheless, we press on with 64 orbs. 

Edited by Zeo

@mampfoid I can relate to the former struggle as well. My first *5 red mage was actually a promoted Sophia. I didn't have one for the longest until I pulled a pitybreaker Celica while going for Lyn. Then they slowly trickled into my barracks but after Lillina got her refine and I was 100% solid on red mages they just started flooding in. Same with the blue mages even. Green mages have been the rarest for me but even when it comes to them I've been doing pretty great now.

My final freebie was a M!Morgan merge~ He was actually pretty good IVs, +Atk, -Def, but I just fed him to my -Res one~ 

3 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

My fang of all my long saved ~200 orbs and some summoning tickets:

Gained 5*:

Lewyn, Elise, GreenOlwen, Myrrh, Eir ×2, Faye

And my very first Priscilla after 13 months. Not that I cried for her.

And my second Sothe after ten moths of abscence

Got Lewyn and Eir, the two units I wanted from this banner, and some bonus material. I'm satisfied overall!

That's a lot of good pulls, I'm envious of your Elise and Myrrh~

@Zeo Darn, too bad about Sanaki, and the irony of how you mentioned she doesn’t deserve to be 5 star locked recently.

well at least that’s another Tellius unit to your collection and hopefully it somehow extends to your RD summons on January!

and hey at least you have more orbs than me!

just slap Axebreaker on her for the AA Surtrs i guess

47 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid I can relate to the former struggle as well. My first *5 red mage was actually a promoted Sophia. I didn't have one for the longest until I pulled a pitybreaker Celica while going for Lyn. Then they slowly trickled into my barracks but after Lillina got her refine and I was 100% solid on red mages they just started flooding in. Same with the blue mages even. Green mages have been the rarest for me but even when it comes to them I've been doing pretty great now.

Red mages were precious for me since I had none and didn't want to promote (Fliers first back then). I even pulled with all CC orbs in summer 2017 for Sanaki. 

Got pity broken by an OG Corrin (don't remember why she was on the banner)... 

My first ever red 5* mage was actually +ATK Celica (pity breaker) and with her there was no need to use any other mage. Until I got Nowi for my Flier Emblem, but that's another story. 

Sanaki came very late and now I have 16 (!) red 5* mages and no need for her. 

@Zeo It's tough when the pity breaker you get isn't anything noteworthy or is a unit in a type you're full of pity breaker Karel comes to mind. Luckily Sanaki is pretty good as a budget Surtr killer in AA/AR but so is Lilina...Well, at least she's one face less if you're into collecting stuff and her nature is pretty nice. 

- - - 

For me, the last ticket gave me a 3* Gunther. I haven't summoned one in a while and Hone Cavalry is always appreciated so I'm ok with it. After seeing how OP Ophelia is with an AoE special (SHE OHKO'D A SURTR IN AETHER RAIDS FFS!) I feel a sudden urge to get a Lewyn for Special Spiral, but she wait until Lewyn comes back in another banner and it shouldn't be that long, he's extremely valuable after all. Anyways, C!Eirika comes tomorrow and I'm still grinding orbs from the Training Tower quests so it'll be fine.

@Vaximillian @Rezzy @Alexmender @mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid

Decided to spend about 100 orbs with tickets last night on Hero Fest. Let's see...

Screenshot_20181217-012022.png

A pleasant surprise! But let's try and get a focu-

Screenshot_20181217-012414.png

...Well okay, but-

Screenshot_20181217-012630.png

Oh...

Aaand that's all I got. The Celica is +Spd -Res! so I merged into her for a +3 Brave Celica! Hardin is +HP -Def or something like that, so he'll just be Bold Fighter fodder. I already have a perfect 5* Nanna, but I haven't decided on merge or give someone Restore+. But I got zero focuses! Wow!

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That's my Celica! Enjoy her since she is perfect. 42 natural SPD (+3 from Royal sword) is just nuts. 

Didn't know you had already three of her, now it's me who is jealous of Celica merges. 

Hue. I personally would want +Atk more, though.

@daisy jane Yeah, zero focus units from Hero Fest. What a day.

Screenshot_20181217-015130.png

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Necrofantasia That's a fantastic 5* pull rate!  Congrats!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Too bad about no focus units.  Great B!Celica, though!

@mcsilas Too bad about the -Spd, but at least you got some nice 5* units.  I'd also keep the Eir.  As others mentioned, 2 Eirs + 2 light-blessed heroes gives 140/match in light season, but 2 Eirs + 3 light-blessed heroes gives 160/match in light season (you get a light blessing from Aether Raids at least for this week); this assumes that you're using a bonus unit, though.  I jumped from Tier 16 to 18 in AR last week thanks to those Eirs.  I'll let you decide how to proceed from here as I know it can at times be difficult to run a double Eir team.

@Zeo Sorry you didn't get what you wanted.  At least your Sanaki will have some niche uses.  I know the feeling, except with blue tomes.  I promoted a M!Robin in October last year so that I could finally have a 5* blue tome.  Suddenly I was drowning in them quickly within a couple of months, from PA!Shigure, Tailtiu, Ursula, Olwen, Mae, Delthea, etc.

@Alexmender Good luck in your W!Eirika quest!

My final free pull in Hero Fest is a 3* Clarine.  Overall, I am honestly really, really pleased with what I got this banner.  I got what I wanted - 2 more Eirs (1 on a free ticket) within 119 orbs (and my 3rd Veronica, also on a free ticket), so I'm thrilled.

Well, I threw the rest of what I could scrounge up into Hero Fest, probably around 200-220 orbs total.  I wanted Lewyn, but instead wound up with dupe Hector and Myrrh.  I feel like I can't complain since it's not like those are bad pity breakers, but it's still really disappointing all the same.  I'm tempted to merge the Myrrh and give her DC from the Hector, but I don't want to do anything rash in this state of mind. 

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Vaximillian @Rezzy @Alexmender @mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid

Decided to spend about 100 orbs with tickets last night on Hero Fest. Let's see...

Screenshot_20181217-012022.png

A pleasant surprise! But let's try and get a focu-

Screenshot_20181217-012414.png

...Well okay, but-

Screenshot_20181217-012630.png

Oh...

Aaand that's all I got. The Celica is +Spd -Res! so I merged into her for a +3 Brave Celica! Hardin is +HP -Def or something like that, so he'll just be Bold Fighter fodder. I already have a perfect 5* Nanna, but I haven't decided on merge or give someone Restore+. But I got zero focuses! Wow!

Congrats, I managed to get an Eir with one of my lottery tickets.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Was she -Atk?

Luckily no, she was -HP+Res, so effectively neutral.

That may be technically better than the freebie one, but I merged her into my free one because
A: Neutral will probably be featured in future F2P guides
B I already leveled the free one, and I'm lazy.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Luckily no, she was -HP+Res, so effectively neutral.

That may be technically better than the freebie one, but I merged her into my free one because
A: Neutral will probably be featured in future F2P guides
B I already leveled the free one, and I'm lazy.

Good choice, if you ask me!

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Good choice, if you ask me!

Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes having a "better" nature will make the AI act differently or be the difference between surviving with 1-2 HP or dying.

Put together the absolute last orbs I could manage after getting arena rewards and finishing the newest chain challenge I forgot about. I had 20 total and was still aiming for that Eir for scoring.. did not get her. BUT, I got ANOTHER Ophelia from my second circle with no colorless! This time +atk... -spd. That bane stings, but I guess that's worth switching my current one to despite the bane? I don't want to drop speed, but I guess she's already super frail and her gimmick is one shots anyway..

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Put together the absolute last orbs I could manage after getting arena rewards and finishing the newest chain challenge I forgot about. I had 20 total and was still aiming for that Eir for scoring.. did not get her. BUT, I got ANOTHER Ophelia from my second circle with no colorless! This time +atk... -spd. That bane stings, but I guess that's worth switching my current one to despite the bane? I don't want to drop speed, but I guess she's already super frail and her gimmick is one shots anyway..

what's the other one again?
I figure if you run LND on her, you patch up the speed to at least neutral (or one tick off) so it prevents her being doubled (in the off-chance she is) and it amps her attack). 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

what's the other one again?
I figure if you run LND on her, you patch up the speed to at least neutral (or one tick off) so it prevents her being doubled (in the off-chance she is) and it amps her attack). 

The old one was +hp -res. -spd doesn't really hurt her offense since she one shots anyway, but it does make her more vulnerable if she's got to take a hit. Oh well, 60 attack is kinda too good to pass up.