Felt lucky tonight and bought myself some pulls on Branded King. Got F!Morgan upgraded to -HP from -Def (bringing her up a bucket) and she's now at +4, tying LA!Hector as my top merge. If I get her as a pitybreaker on future banners (M!Morgan will be the 4-star drop if anyone), she can overtake him.

Ended it with Delthea +Atk...-Spd. Oh well, there's always the Miracle banner. Now I can pull on blue there too to upgrade from that.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Felt lucky tonight and bought myself some pulls on Branded King. Got F!Morgan upgraded to -HP from -Def (bringing her up a bucket) and she's now at +4, tying LA!Hector as my top merge. If I get her as a pitybreaker on future banners (M!Morgan will be the 4-star drop if anyone), she can overtake him.

Ended it with Delthea +Atk...-Spd. Oh well, there's always the Miracle banner. Now I can pull on blue there too to upgrade from that.

You've pulled 5 F!Morgans? I cannot express how much I hate you.

Anyway, got 20 orbs again, another try. The banner's almost over, and if I've spent all of these orbs for nothing...

1. 4* Reinhardt: No.
  2. 4* Florina: Wrong pegasus.
  3. 4* Shanna: Another wrong pegasus.

131 orbs spent on this banner by my count. Already got a good Celica and a decent 5* Clair from it, along with 2 free 5* pulls from other banners active at the same time, so I can't say I've actually been unlucky so far, but my daughter continues to elude me. I'm seriously tempted to break FTP, that's how bad I want her.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian

So Counter banner is ending soon and I just couldn't resist another pull on such a good banner.

It all started in my main account where I wouldn't mind pulling another Takumi, but I was actually looking for more Kleins. Opened 4 orbs, and got some okay fodder- notably a 4 star Cecilia (I was surprisingly running out of 3 star fodder of her) and a +HP/-Res Beruka (hey I need more of her! Want to build her up but my best one at the moment is +Res/-Spd).

So I jumped on to my second account. I already pulled a neutral Ike on the first summon session and threw my orbs at green and colourless for a better Hector or a Takumi since I don't have him. Pity rate was 3.50% so I just went ahead and...

tumblr_p5vp7cQ2lE1qcrdmuo1_250.png

First green orb was a +Def/-HP Hector!!! Definitely better than my +Spd/-Atk Hector (I guess I can change summoner supports now)!!! Amusingly, the opposite boon/bane of my main account's Hector.

So now my mind wanted to merge the bad Hector into this one, because it would be such a waste of the skills that I already inherited on my first Hector! Then I looked at the skill list, so far his inherited ones are Bonfire, Vantage, WoM 2, Wary Fighter, Swap and Pivot... Not as much as I thought actually. Maybe I can fodder off my first Hector after all? I'm so glad I kept a spare Effie...and while Lon'qus are rare I did pull one fairly recently. Also the free Cherche makes for great Pivot fodder...

Now the only question is I'm not sure who I'll give Distant Counter to. I'll have to think pretty hard about this one..

So in the successful summon, I decided to open the other green orb in case I can double up on DC (sadly no), but then decided to open the other stones anyway in case my pity rate did some magic and gave me multiple 5 stars, and...

tumblr_p5vp7cQ2lE1qcrdmuo2_250.png

My first Karel! +Atk/-Def: great boon, bane could be better but not as bad as -Spd like my main account's Karel. (Amusingly, my other 5 star Wo Dao+ user Athena, is +Def/-Atk. Guess I can safely fodder her off now since I have a better 4 star Athena)

tumblr_p5vp7cQ2lE1qcrdmuo3_500.png

The other colours weren't too bad fodder wise. I was actually looking for a Setsuna in the fodder banner, glad she finally graced me with her presence now, at least. And she's +Atk/-HP, so that's not too bad, in fact that's her best boon.

Again running out of Cecilias, so extra Gronnraven is nice if I need it. Also Red raven tome and G Tomebreaker is nice fodder as well! (+Atk/-HP as well, although I think I have a better +Def one somewhere)

....Not gonna lie still tempted to pull in my main just so I can at least get 1 of the focus counter units. But then I already have them, just with not so great boon/bane combos. But then they're already fairly serviceable....so I guess I'll just take what I can get and try to fight the urge. My orb count is at an okay-is 36... a bit lower than I wanted for the Legendary Banner but it looks like I'm not too tempted by the new seasonal right now anyway.

Hopefully we get stats tomorrow to seal the deal on whether I should do a final summon or not. Probably not though since the update is usually just before the banner's release and the trailer is unusually early...

52 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

*Snip*

Congrats, dude :D I saw some of the pics on my phone before coming to work today. A double Hector / Karel pull! Not bad :D

Hope you find some use for the latter. The former is always useful ^.^

@mcsilas DC fodder and a new unit in one pull, nice! 

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Now the only question is I'm not sure who I'll give Distant Counter to. I'll have to think pretty hard about this one..

I would sit on him a while, the perfect candidate will come sooner or later. 

@mampfoid Thanks! Actually maybe I'll wait for Myrrh or something, I think she's one of the units that really wants DC as an A skill. Right now I don't think I have anyone that REALLY needs it, except maybe LA!Eliwood but LA!Lyn is already filling the blue spot for my armour team.

Effie would also be a good choice, but she needs Berkut's Lance+ and again, Lyn is already my go-to blue armour. I guess I also have a +Res/-Spd Sheena that could be good when built up, but she's still 4 star plus there's already competition for the green armour spot, with Amelia, Winter Lissa and Vector being my main picks. Amelia already has LaD and I'm used to her not having DC, so it would be a waste of a Minerva if I replaced LaD with DC.

@Cute Chao Thanks! I'll think of a use for him, at the very least he's more usable than my Athena right now. Someone wants a Wo Dao+ in my barracks anyway. Maybe Lon'qu that I can finally build up!

@mcsilas I let you rub off on me... great pulls by the way. I've still never pulled a Karel.

@mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao I was already considering a final hurrah on the Counter Banner because it's a fantastic banner and I'm not tempted by the seasonal one, but after seeing Silas' results I got greedy and went for it. Last pull on the banner. One colorless, 3 green, one red. Pulled the colorless and got a Gaius (wrong dagger), pulled a green and got a Nino, pulled the next green and~

zuuICVC.jpg

Looks like some of your fortune came my way as well. I'm actually left a bit conflicted by this one because he's the controversial +ATK/-DEF nature this time. I've gotten compfy with my +HP/-RES nature and I don't know what he's going to perform like if I swap him (Plus I've invested quite a few skills into that one) so I'll have to think about what to do. But when it's all said and done, my +SPD/-RES Hector is 100% DC fodder and at the end of the day I have 2 DC fodders. Never thought I'd see the day.

Pulled the last green and red cause you never know. Pulled a Nino and that's alright cause she's a future +10. Pulled an M!Corrin. Didn't check the nature but with Yato upgrade likely coming I'll hold onto him. It was a win, yet again.

Edited by Zeo

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

*Snip*

Congrats :D Seems MCSilas' luck did rub off on you :D

Karel only came to me when I went pulling deliberately for him, and then only after many, many orbs. I don't even use him much. I just wanted him.

Wooow. Look at all this great luck. Must be a full moon or something!!!  @mcsilas Congrats on two new 5 stars! My Hector is +DEF -RES, and he's pretty tanky. Always going to be a fabulous unit. And Karel is pretty sweet. I pulled him a while back but never really used him much. I think he's super cool and got some nice art. Heck, mine is even +HP, and he's rocking 50 HP with it, so I should consider doing a Panic Ploy build. I'm a little jealous of +ATK though. XD Use him well! I also agree that Myrrh is a great choice for DC. I gave it to her, and she wrecks. I also don't regret giving it to Titania. She was my first ever Reinhardt counter.

@Zeo Congrats on your Hector as well! Sometimes it's okay to let your friends be a bad influence on you. XD Natures are tricky things. You can always run some simulations in battle simulator to see how he performs. Rebuilding a unit can be difficult, but if you have the fodder for it and like the better nature, go for it.

@Zeo Oh, good now I won't have to feel guilty about you spending orbs! haha :D

At least you have 1 more Hector than me, if I read your post right :P

Well, I guess with normal Hector, you as much Atk as possible to KO with QR, so +Atk sounds really good. Then again, +HP/-Res sounds pretty bulky as well, which means you'll be in Wary Fighter range longer. You might have to ask someone else though for that.

That said I've been running a +HP/-Def Hector in my main account and he's still pretty good as the +HP offsets the Def bane. Def is still pretty good anyway, although lower Bonfire damage sounds iffy it still gets the job done. I would think the +Atk offsets the -Def part of Bonfire? Worse comes to worse, I just pair him up with L'ephraim for a +4 Defense, so maybe you can pair yours up with whichever legendary hero you can get access to in the future that also offers +Def.

Great job on your pull though!

Also now that I think about it, I just remembered another DC fodder... Camilla. Is she still quite relevant? Depending on if Spring Camilla is rerun soon, maybe she can be my 'ranged' green (counter) attacker- she has balanced defenses and maybe is the missing link for Fliers vs Ursula?

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah I hear Myrrh is one of the top users, and Titania is also a good user, thanks to what I've seen from @Rezzy's Titania. So many choices...and surprisingly a lot of good green users of DC.

edit:

@Zeo I think my plan for sacrificing my already built-up Hector is to also use his inherited skills in the process. I'm sure whoever will get DC would also love Vantage 3 so I think I'll sacrifice a spare Gordin/3 star Lon'qu with Hector, so Hector passes DC and Vantage at the same time. If whoever gets DC is an armour, then i'm sure they'd like Goad Armour or even Bonfire as well. That way, I'm making the most of the inherited skills.

Edited by mcsilas

After some sniping for fMorgan I got: Florina, Gwendolyn, fCorrin, Oboro, 2 Subakis, Fir, 2 Ests

then I decided to go so a red after not getting her,

Spoiler

3rC4xOR.png

I got another mMorgan this time +spd -hp. After so many orbs (over 300) I failed to get her. Better cut my losses and admit and I'm got getting her this time at least.

My friend : "If you want to try for Chrom, you have still one day."

Me : "But there's Morgan too..."

Friend : "Like you want."

Me : "...Well, you're here, I'll try." (Got often luck with him at my side).

Pulling, and after two Olivia trolls :

Spoiler

M!Morgan +Res -Def

Friend after that : "But you know, I'm Chrom, you're Robin, that's logical..."

*facepalm*

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Hector doesn't make himself rare, congratulations! 

Do you have already some candidates for DC in mind? 

Hm... well, the level of priority varies but more or less the shortlist.

• Lukas
  • Effie
  • Chrom
  • Eirika
  • Amelia
  • Sheena

Camilla and Titania are good choices as well, but generally I'm not all that interested and if I wanted a magic soaking physical green I'd rather build a Hawkeye or we could cut the bull and I could just build a Fae and call it a day. It's funny I have nearly just as many candidates for Close Counter. Wish I had another Takumi too haha.

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo Congrats on your Hector as well! Sometimes it's okay to let your friends be a bad influence on you. XD Natures are tricky things. You can always run some simulations in batte simulator to see how he performs. Rebuilding a unit can be difficult, but if you have the fodder for it and like the better nature, go for it.

I'm greatly conflicted. The +HP/-RES Hector has more wins and less losses than the +ATK/-DEF one based on pure EP performance. Even if you give the +ATK one the DEF+3 seal and leave the other one seal-less he still performs worse. He reduces the margin a bit with a Hone, Fortify or Ward but still has more overall losses. I'm not entirely sure this is worth it. If he's S Supported with an ally, he has better performance. He still dies more, but he gets significantly more kills.He also performs much better if they both run Wary Fighter Moonbow with double QR. But then I'm sacrificing my QR3 seal which sits on my Fjorm for Arena assault as she is a staple until Nino and Lukas start collecting merges. I'm probably going to be sitting on this for a while. Hector Armads refine when?

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Oh, good now I won't have to feel guilty about you spending orbs! haha :D

At least you have 1 more Hector than me, if I read your post right :P

Well, I guess with normal Hector, you as much Atk as possible to KO with QR, so +Atk sounds really good. Then again, +HP/-Res sounds pretty bulky as well, which means you'll be in Wary Fighter range longer. You might have to ask someone else though for that.

That said I've been running a +HP/-Def Hector in my main account and he's still pretty good as the +HP offsets the Def bane. Def is still pretty good anyway, although lower Bonfire damage sounds iffy it still gets the job done. I would think the +Atk offsets the -Def part of Bonfire? Worse comes to worse, I just pair him up with L'ephraim for a +4 Defense, so maybe you can pair yours up with whichever legendary hero you can get access to in the future that also offers +Def.

Great job on your pull though!

Also now that I think about it, I just remembered another DC fodder... Camilla. Is she still quite relevant? Depending on if Spring Camilla is rerun soon, maybe she can be my 'ranged' green (counter) attacker- she has balanced defenses and maybe is the missing link for Fliers vs Ursula?

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah I hear Myrrh is one of the top users, and Titania is also a good user, thanks to what I've seen from @Rezzy's Titania. So many choices...and surprisingly a lot of good green users of DC.

Yeah. This is my 3rd Hector now actually! Funny, I've pulled 3 Hectors, 2 Eliwoods and 1 Lyn. If Hector wasn't... basically the best fodder in the game I'd probably merge towards a +10. But what can you do?

Yeah like my post above I'm conflicted about which Hector to keep. The Wary Fighter set is better with +ATK but that's a big investment and while Hector is one of my top favorite characters period, the QR seal is one that toggles around based on necessity and that build would mean it would have to sit on him permanently which I'm not sure I want.

And yeah there are quite a few good DC greens. Titania, Camilla, Hawkeye, Myrrh (who I pulled for but didn't get), even Arthur. Thing is though a lot of greens can just slap on an Emerald Axe and run a DC build. Reinhardt is so prevalent of a unit that Green DC units are cream of the crop and red ones (despite being the most common) are less desirable. Biggest reason why I'm somewhat on the fence about Eirika or Chrom getting my DC and why I'm not going for a hyper-RES stacked DC Fir anymore. 

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo I think my plan for sacrificing my already built-up Hector is to also use his inherited skills in the process. I'm sure whoever will get DC would also love Vantage 3 so I think I'll sacrifice a spare Gordin/3 star Lon'qu with Hector, so Hector passes DC and Vantage at the same time. If whoever gets DC is an armour, then i'm sure they'd like Goad Armour or even Bonfire as well. That way, I'm making the most of the inherited skills.

That's generally the smartest way to go. Lukas is a prime choice for getting my first DC (I've nearly resolved to go for a Breath build with Chrom and Eirika isn't quite ready yet since she needs a partner and I don't have a Sothe I want to build yet (not giving her to Nino.) so he'll probably get Vantage. He has to wait though because I lack a good +ATK or +RES nature on him yet and I'm not blowing 40k feathers for a sub-optimal unit. So I'll likely sit on both my Hectors a while longer. Lukas and Eirika are the front-runners, but Amelia and Sheena both really like DC, Chrom could destroy red mages and Ninos in a single blow which is appealing and Effie, while a unit I don't use often, is potentially going to be +2 and she seems to want to be merged more so she's a great DC user.

I was at a 4% appearance rate, and wanted one last shot at The Branded King banner, since I hate investing into a banner and letting it just go away whilst the appearance rate is high. I finally got around to completing Squad Assault for 10 orbs... and contemplated just saving them for Catria. But I caved, since I wanted to try for one more F!Morgan, got no blues, and...

x6cYz5P.png?1

I got Athena first, so decided I might as well use up my orbs on my last roll of the banner. I was never going to roll for M!Morgan, since I was always sniping for F!Morgan, but it's still sure as hell still nice to get him, too. He's -HP / +Res. I think that's good, but I don't know. It's not terrible at the very least, I think.

Cheesed a bunch of Chain Challenges with Horse Emblem and did a few more quests, so I've got 33 orbs. Please come home, Morgan...

1. 4* Peri: Bleh.
  2. 4* Wendy: Come on, FEH...

I'm really getting desperate...

1. 4* Abel: No.

Only have 19 orbs, but I'm trying anyway.

1. 3* Femui: Ugh.

Is this really happening?

1. 4* Hinata: At least he's not a pity breaker.

3.75% pity rate. And there's not all that many orbs left for me to get. I might have to break FTP, because by Naga I'm not letting my daughter be lost to me.

I know that no-one was rooting for me, but I did it! I secured a Hector with 5 hours left on the banner!  Now foes of Myrrh will learn the true meaning of fear...

...What? He was +HP/-Def!  That's just asking to be shredded for DC if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

@KMT4ever I just want you to know that I've got my fingers crossed for you that your daughter will appear.

Thanks for your support. I've got 20 orbs again, so one pull in your name.

1. 3* Femui: No.
  2. 5* Lukas: For fuck's sake, there goes my pity rate with no blues left. At least his IVs are good: +Atk/-HP. There is one red orb, so I'll try that.
  3. 3* Laslow: Ugh...

See what you did, Reddazrael? So much for fingers crossed. /s

Welp, now I've basically got to decide between giving up on Morgan and breaking FTP. On the one hand, this is my best chance to get best daughter, but on the other hand this could easily turn into a money pit. I've already gotten 3 5* units here, just that none of them were ones I actually wanted. I could crash-clear all of the Chain Challenges I haven't done yet, but I don't have the willpower to do that.

Had 35 orbs, so I decided to pull a few rounds of red. My current Leo is +DEF -RES which actually isn't all that bad given his new refinement. Two reds on the first circle, and my free summon was 4* Seth. He was followed by 4* Cain. Now normally, I'd stop, but two red cavs seemed like a sign, so I decided to do another circle. Three reds this time! 3* Selena, 4* Tiki (I've been wanting more 4 star copies of her), aaaaaaand 5* Eirika. I knew there was this risk, but I'm honestly not upset to get her. ...even though I promoted my +SPD -HP Eirika not that long ago. But this Eirika is +ATK -HP. So now I'm really conflicted. IDK which one is better! 

Down to 17 orbs, but I'd say those were well spent. I don't plan to spend on the spring banner anyways. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180321-080435.thumb.png.5538538c0f0111233aa14ba1a765b772.png

It's been three thousand years... Finally I manage to pull this guy!! Seriously, what was up with that? Anyway, he is +Spd -Res, which is pretty dumb. Hopefully his new refinement actually makes him usable, even with these IVs.

Me: I'm going to do a free summon on red and just leave.
Me: *pulls a Leo*
Me: ... *facepalm*

I mean, I didn't expect to actually pull anything. I already have a great +atk -spd Leo I've invested heavily in, so ... yeah. I'll probably use him for his QR3. This is like the Celica I got while trying to get Ike on the counter banner.

EDIT: He's +def -atk. This makes me feel less bad about deciding to not use him. The Celica was +res -spd, worse than the one I already had.

Edited by Sunwoo