• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Florete It is true what they say. Someone always has it worse. And unluckily for you, you are clearly that example for me. Pretty sure Firesweep off 5.5 is better than Close Counter off of 6.25(*cries for you*).

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I broke my pity rate on the new winter banner. Got a duplicate Fae. No Eirika. Guess this the game's telling me to quit already ;_;

Jeez. That winter banner is just being hard core on us Forest dwellers, huh?

@Tybrosion Grats on Azura! And I guess also on filling a hole in your collection.

@Vicious Sal Be careful doing anything luck based for the next couple days. Clearly you used all your luck up in one great big spurt. Congrats!

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Got a Roy from the new banner. 

It hurts having to skip the beast banner but Eirika comes first, sadly I'm back at 3.50% rate on the Winter banner and it's going to end soon. If I get another pity breaker I give up.

@Alexmender I am rooting for you!

5 hours ago, Granny said:

Took me around 120 orbs to get Tibarn, which isn't very lucky. But he is +atck/-res, which makes him so very beautiful. 58 atck with just his weapon? Okay!

Grats!

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Free Summon +tickets 

3*Lukas (good, Building one up)
Shanna (Desperation, good)
Nailah.+hp/-res, so basically all intents and purposes neutral
I'll run her on my dragon teams until i get more beast units. (if she sucks, she gets fed to myrrh)

two more tickets, but i doubt i'll luck into Tibarn/Leane so..

Congrats! I doubt I would feed a Nailah if only because you can't hand off both DC and Null anti-counter at the same time. Really wish those skills started off of Guard or something so that you only needed 2 of the 3 limit to pick up the third tier. I really like maximizing my inheritance and it just annoys me so much when I can't do it becuase the lower levels of the skill just don't exist anywhere.

@Baldrick Congrats on your birdie?
@coldhand25 Grats!
@Cute Chao Congrats! 170 orbs isn't too bad at all.
@NanimaThat is a nice haul there!
@Mau Ouch. That is how it was for me when pulling for Christmas Eirika. no colorless in sight. Dratted Desire sensor.
@MercaketeCongrats!
@Etrurian emperor Someone needs to uninstall that desire sensor from the server. It is such a pain!
@Diovani Bressan And let me guess you already had both yet to boot? :(
@mampfoid Congrats! +RES is definitely an interesting option for her thanks to her b.
@Falter Yeah that Tibarn would be rather tempting to keep! And saving orbs is so tough. Need to get a whip for the orb hand. Might be the only way to get it to listen.
@mcsilas Grats on both blues!

Ok maybe I shouldn't have tried to make up for all the skipping I did to avoid temptation during the hunt for Christmas Eirika all in one go. This is a long post.

Free tickets, Story Orbs, Orb Pack, plus just under 30 orbs stashed. At first I was getting a bit salty. Barely any blues at all. Bleeding me dry one at time. Then I get a session with 2 blues and 3 reds which could eat all the rest of my orbs. Both focuses showed up. It is like the Gacha is apologizing for driving me up to 5.5 and then to 5 again for Eirika.

Wait. never mind. They are both -SPD. Seems like the Gatcha Got me. Nailah is at least +ATK so if I get really lucky and get a 2nd with the remaining free tickets I can make the bane go bye bye. I really want to use her to try and counter the AR cancer teams. But losing speed puts her in a bit of an iffy spot. I do wonder if I should give her a light blessing. Someone needs it so that I can complete those quests. Tibarn is +HP and over all isn't terrible. Not a bad run at all. Seems like my bad luck streak has hit its end.

Edited by Usana

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

@mampfoid Congrats! +RES is definitely an interesting option for her thanks to her b.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to use her in AR and arena. 

3 minutes ago, Usana said:

Both focuses showed up.

Wow, that would have been my dream pull. Congrats! 

Does Tibarn need SPD at all with his Omni-breaker set? 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Wow, you are collecting all the rare units. Linde's nature is a bummer but together with Nailah you got some pretty good units within few orbs. 

Yeah happy to get some nice blues in my roster. I'd still like to get a beast from the banner since it doesn't look like we'll get any new beasts anytime soon with those upcoming  seasonal banners but I guess I just have to be more patient and let the orbs pile up first. 

@Usana Oooh nice haul! Grats on luck coming back! Darn about -Spd but Darting Stance seal can be an option (and even makes it seem like your unit is +Spd on enemy phase)

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah happy to get some nice blues in my roster. I'd still like to get a beast from the banner since it doesn't look like we'll get any new beasts anytime soon with those upcoming  seasonal banners but I guess I just have to be more patient and let the orbs pile up first. 

The GHB unit looks very good though. Insta-promotion for me. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that would have been my dream pull. Congrats! 

Does Tibarn need SPD at all with his Omni-breaker set? 

As a purely pp unit, probably not. But I tend to play in a mixed phase to enemy phase style so 30'ish speeders like their speed for double denial. At least in story content. That does falter in Arena where 30'ish speed isn't really going to do you any favors. But yeah his -spd isn't too bad. That complaint was mostly for Nailah's sake. I just included him in it because of course all my 5*'s would be -SPD.

@mcsilas Thanks! Tibarn can probably live without it, but Nailah is going to need QR in her seal slot to make sure she can double foes. Countering non-counter folks won't do any good if they just get danced to murder me anyways.

Got my last free ticket:

• No colorless orbs fffff. Decided to get both reds for a Tibarn then but got a M!Corrin and a Draugh, meh.

Might be done with this banner at this point, would rather return to the NY banner where I at least want two colors.

20 minutes ago, Usana said:

That complaint was mostly for Nailah's sake. I just included him in it because of course all my 5*'s would be -SPD.

Well, 34 SPD isn't too bad for a EP unit. Will you run her with QR seal? 

/Edit: And you already wrote that in your answer. Sorry. 

Edited by mampfoid

@Usana

Thanks :D Definitely can't complain. Hope your luck vastly improves! I think the game makes up for my normally abysmal legendary and seasonal banner luck on the other banners (although the NY banner wasn't bad for me either, if we ignore the awful ivs). 

Got a summon ticket and decided to make a rule on this banner to pull on any blues with the summon ticket... Pulled on them and got a Sumia. What is with the weirdly high off-focus banner pulls this time round? xD

I'd've preferred Nailah and already have Sumia, but at least her lance should be useful for someone :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

I got greedy today. xD I pulled Nailah in like 30 orbs. And tried to go for a second one to recover her bane later. So I used another 70 orbs but at no luck. Now I save up for Deirdre/Julia banner. I should have around 500 orbs again around then. 100 Orbs are totally ok on a 4 hero banner. Hopefully I will not regret these missing 70 orbs, because I try to merge up Deirdre further D=. 

1 hour ago, Usana said:

@Diovani Bressan And let me guess you already had both yet to boot? :(

My free summon on the Tactic Skills Banner was a Quan, and with the same IVs that my new Quan has (+Spd/-Atk). And I already have another Amelia, but she is +Spd -Res.

Basically, I got a new Rally Spd/Def+ and Armor March. Now I will wait and hope to have a Reyson demotion and also wait for the beast units in a Legendary Banner. They could at least make this a 1 Month Banner...

My free pull of today gave me a Cliff. 
Since I have one already, I guess Sheena can use fortress defense 3.

It is ironic that I do not spend one single orb in a banner of the game I have been literally obsessed with the past years. 200 playthroughs with over 5000 hours playtime in total.

Well, I discredit this banner because...
1. Neither Jill nor any Dawn Brigade unit are in.
2. Laguz have no place in this game Imo because they do not work with the gameplay. Dancers with three movement are an absolute no-go. And Idk why Nailah suddenly can counterattack, what she cannot in FE10.

Edited by Necrofantasia

So far I’ve burned through the Orbs I stockpiled for this banner (106 or so) and 1 Ticket And pulled +ATK/-SPD Leanne and +HP/-SPD Nailah. I’d be disappointed, but they already have good SPD so the drop doesn’t seem too bad for them (plus Leanne has a SPD +3 weapon... maybe I’ll set Nailah up with Darting Stance Seal and run them together so Nailah can benefit from Hone Beasts to reach 46 SPD).

EDIT: Second ticket down, and I pull +ATK/-SPD Leo. Not sure if this is better or worse than +DEF/-SPD, but I’ll keep both for now.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

2 hours ago, Usana said:

Grats!

Congrats! I doubt I would feed a Nailah if only because you can't hand off both DC and Null anti-counter at the same time. Really wish those skills started off of Guard or something so that you only needed 2 of the 3 limit to pick up the third tier. I really like maximizing my inheritance and it just annoys me so much when I can't do it becuase the lower levels of the skill just don't exist anywhere.

Ok maybe I shouldn't have tried to make up for all the skipping I did to avoid temptation during the hunt for Christmas Eirika all in one go. This is a long post.

Free tickets, Story Orbs, Orb Pack, plus just under 30 orbs stashed. At first I was getting a bit salty. Barely any blues at all. Bleeding me dry one at time. Then I get a session with 2 blues and 3 reds which could eat all the rest of my orbs. Both focuses showed up. It is like the Gacha is apologizing for driving me up to 5.5 and then to 5 again for Eirika.

Wait. never mind. They are both -SPD. Seems like the Gatcha Got me. Nailah is at least +ATK so if I get really lucky and get a 2nd with the remaining free tickets I can make the bane go bye bye. I really want to use her to try and counter the AR cancer teams. But losing speed puts her in a bit of an iffy spot. I do wonder if I should give her a light blessing. Someone needs it so that I can complete those quests. Tibarn is +HP and over all isn't terrible. Not a bad run at all. Seems like my bad luck streak has hit its end.

I already gave Myrrh DC this morning... but. she can't have the null. Flying units can't inherit it. (boo). it's an infantry only skill (basically it's a naliah only skill (or someone like a Nowi or Fae, which is fine I can build one of them up :) so if i get a crappy Nailah i can do that). 

congrats on your pulls (but ugh on -spd :( )

@Nanima congrats on your hull!

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria

Welp, I had 60 orbs in my second account. Also grinded to get summon tickets, did 2 full pulls at the start to build pity rate....

Hide contents

..got pitybroken by this lady.

tumblr_pl621wTjyd1qc0fq5_540.png

At least Linde is new! Unfortunately she's +Def/-Spd. Oh well she has no fodder anyway so I'll just use her casually, and merge her if I somehow get another Linde. At least her Atk is untouched.

In my main account I started with 22 orbs + the 20 new ones. At least I got a 5 star from my 3rd ticket.

Hide contents

tumblr_pl62xc1nNi1qc0fq5_540.png

Pure neutral Nailah! I'm so excited to use her since I never played Radiant Dawn, and she seemed to have the best skills in the banner! Funny how even though I had less orbs somehow my main was luckier! 

Now I kind of wished Naesala was green so I have laguz colour diversity but oh well.

Down to 2 orbs now, but I guess the upcoming seasonal banners sort of killed any thoughts of saving. Tibarn is going to be hard to get in red hell on a 4 unit banner though, so not sure if I'll go back anytime soon.

Congrats on Nailah @mampfoid!

way to go :)  :) 

now that I have Nailah, we get Naesala, i'm wondering if i should go for Leanne. 
(of course game had to throw an Elincia/Nephenee banner at me...)

A bit more than 250 orbs gave me two Tibarn (one neutral and one -Atk +Res), Leanne (-HP +Spd), Sumia (-Atk +Def), Zelgius (-Res +Def), and another Karla whose nature I haven't checked out yet. That's a pretty gosh darn good haul, though I don't know what to do with my Sumia. Who wants the Atk/Def Link? I've got a crippled NY!Fjorm for the Atk/Spd Link for my Bowcina, should I choose to go down that route I guess.

Also, I do have another Sturdy Impact ready thanks to my bad nature Tibarn, so uh...Flora? Flora. Or I could wait for Cynthia.

18 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Love these tickets. I got 2 Tibarns, Reyson, Nailah and Emperor Hardin in 210 orbs, half my stash. I skipped colorless. Will decide to continue or not after the Special Heroes at the end of the month are revealed.

way to go :) 

@mampfoid Thanks! Congrats on your Nailah as well! 

Yeah, I heard Alm is good, but his niche is already filled by L!Marth and I have way too many infantry swords already. Plus, I don't like his character, so there is really no point to raising him. I actually have another copy that's been gathering dust in my barracks. Why couldn't it be Celica pity breaking me?

@mcsilas Those are some neat pulls! Hope you have fun with your Nailah in the coming Arena seasons/AR runs.

@Usana Thanks! Also congrats on your own pulls!

@daisy jane Thank you! Hope you have fun with Nailah and Tibarn. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

lol if the game gives me him - I'm sure i will! :) 

Ah I think I got confused by the quoted screenshot or something. Could have sworn you got him. Oh well, there's still lots of time! 

Why doesn't this Leanne have wings? Oh wait, that's not her. It's none other than Maribelle. This was my first pitybreaker of the banner. Pretty nice and weird pitybreaker at the same time. I never ever expected to EVER get a Maribelle.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-01-11-01-08-35.thumb.png.d8dcf75bd89ea9ac29cc35695568d451.png

I did still get the unit that I wanted the most which was Nailah. I never played Radiant Dawn but I just like her design. Also, I like her quotes as well. 
Specially this one:

Listen to me. You must not die. Hang on one hour at a time--just don't let go.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-01-11-01-08-43.thumb.png.bc7c653b107135b7bc132e3ffaf88d55.png

I guess I wont be spending more orbs anytime soon. I'm planning to save for when the Three Houses units release. 

I also don't want to grind for tickets. I want to take a break. 

Edited by Cron

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Ah I think I got confused by the quoted screenshot or something. Could have sworn you got him. Oh well, there's still lots of time! 

no worries, that's happened to me too!
since there is a Nephenee/Elincia banner... probably not LOL

Spent 75 orbs for Nailah, my most wanted. Then I got two tickets so I used the first one to get Leon... but the red orb right next to him gave me Tibarn. Woah. Second ticket, I got Gaius, another Leon... and Loki. Wow. Crazy luck. 

Nailah is + Atk -HP, but both Tibarn and Loki are +Res -Atk. Guess that’s how you cancel out good luck. Not gonna complain though. 

My free pull was Reyson who was my most wanted, but it seemed like the game making up for refusing to give me any flying refresher unit every time they are on a banner.  I also used my 40 orbs, but no luck on any 5*s yet, but I am going to try to break my pity rate.