Least Favorite Character

PKspeed

On 1/2/2018 at 11:07 PM, Slumber said:

This is something I've never understood. 

Brom at least has "I'm a family man." on top of his "Aw, gee, shucks, I'd be at home pickin' corn if it weren't for this gal dern war" thing. Nephenee doesn't. Her character starts and stops with "I'm a simple country girl". I'm being a bit reductionist(For both Neph and Brom), but it stands. 

I get she's the first unmounted, non-armored, non-lord lance unit in the franchise and that she's a good unit in her first appearance, but by Radiant Dawn, she doesn't have those two things. She's a pretty mediocre unit in RD, and she has two other Halbrediers who get nearly as much screen time. 

I think it has died down, but the relatively large fanbase she had back in the day always baffled me. It seems like Oboro's taken a lot of her attention. And hell, for as much shit as I'll give Fates and Awakening characters, I think Oboro's much more deserving of that attention than Nephenee ever was. Nephenee's one of those Tellius characters who is more defined by her gimmick, while Oboro has a few more layers, despite being from one of the games that's notorious for writing characters around gimmicks. 

Maybe it's a southern thing. I grew up in a city in the north. "Simple country gals" don't rev my engine. 

Yeah when you combine Nephenee's votes from both PoR and RD from CYL 1, she's essentially Micaiah tier in popularity which is quite baffling considering their respective story presence. On the other hand, big daddy Brom isn't even one tenth of her popularity. What's with the FE fanbase not giving middle-aged and old men giving any credit? I want a middle-aged man as the next FE lord. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic