Most Disappointing Unit So Far

Ryuke

8 minutes ago, OakTree said:

Is there anything Matthew does Felicia doesn't do better? Outside of tanking physical hits, which is frankly something the utility units shouldn't be doing in the first place.

My Matthew is faster than my Felicia but otherwise...

Raigh, honestly. He's level 7, but you wouldn't guess it from his stats. I think he's gotten, like, a total of maybe 5 or 6 non-SP stat gains in all those level ups. Sophia, while a little bit better, is still nothing close to exceptional.

Good thing I have a five-star Robin for magic, otherwise I'd be outta luck on that front.

10 minutes ago, Topaz Light said:

Raigh, honestly. He's level 7, but you wouldn't guess it from his stats. I think he's gotten, like, a total of maybe 5 or 6 non-SP stat gains in all those level ups. Sophia, while a little bit better, is still nothing close to exceptional.

Good thing I have a five-star Robin for magic, otherwise I'd be outta luck on that front.

Holy crap, I'm in the same situation with my Raigh and Sophia. Like, Sophia is a 1* , so she sort of has an excuse to be doodoo butter, but I expected more from Raigh.

Roy's Sword of Seals is a little bit disappointing, to be honest... It has the same Might as the other 5* personal swords, but it only gives +2 Def and Res when being attacked, which... Could be better imo. It's not even effective against Dragon, even though its 20 fucking Might tore Idoun a new one in FE6. His sword encourages frontline play, but his skills encourage backline waiting. I suppose it fits his personality AND his performance in FE6 (lol), but still...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

SOPHIA.

Oh my word, trying to use the dark mages is too much effort to be worth it. Sophia still has 2 speed after 6 levels (Even Alfonse did better), her attack isn't enough to offset and if an enemy gets to her who can do damage she's screwed.

Also, 5* Robin is such a good mage as to make all others obsolete, at least from what I have.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Roy's Sword of Seals is a little bit disappointing, to be honest... It has the same Might as the other 5* personal swords, but it only gives +2 Def and Res when being attacked, which... Could be better imo. It's not even effective against Dragon, even though its 20 fucking Might tore Idoun a new one in FE6. His sword encourages frontline play, but his skills encourage backline waiting. I suppose it fits his personality AND his performance in FE6 (lol), but still...

Roy is all about high STR follow by increasing my own res and decreasing your def (Seal def) and can face any triangle weapon.

3 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Roy is all about high STR follow by increasing my own res and decreasing your def (Seal def) and can face any triangle weapon.

Huh? When I read the effect of his first skill, it said that it makes his triangle advantage stronger, but also makes him do less damage when he has disadvantage.

For me it would be Setsuna she was doing work for me clearing thieves and fliers due to having the assassins bow but then her damage took a dive off a cliff, it dosent matter if she is doubling if she is doubling everything for 0  

Characters with a higher star level will perform better.  Why?  Better starting bases and equipment.  No different than your usual FE game.  So, for everyone complaining about Virion/Raigh, this is what happens when you get them at a higher star level:

Spoiler

SOSPw6K.jpgjCE6bLp.jpg

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Characters with a higher star level will perform better.  Why?  Better starting bases and equipment.  No different than your usual FE game.  So, for everyone complaining about Virion/Raigh, this is what happens when you get them at a higher star level:

Hide contents

SOSPw6K.jpgjCE6bLp.jpg

Virion must be your bae.

Yea. this is why I mention 3-5 stars. Since its a better scale.

35 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh? When I read the effect of his first skill, it said that it makes his triangle advantage stronger, but also makes him do less damage when he has disadvantage.

You may be right. The way I perceive it ... is ... Since you are at an disadvantage. Rather than losing more atk, you lose less. Only time will tell the exact answer. My 5 Star Roy can still do damage to Blue w/ Triangle Adept (I mean... the idea of support is to help you... It gotta have something to help)

I got a 4* Sophia from the gacha, and she is the glassiest of cannons.

It's almost hilarious how lopsided these stats are, but after getting repeatedly ORKO'd in arena matches it's clear that she's not viable without having more meatshields than this game allows you to deploy.

Spoiler

File Feb 03, 9 47 52 PM.png

Edited by hinode

So, is Matthew supposed to never grow HP? He's gotten 3 Def in the last 5-6 levels, and even Str, but literally not a single HP proc. He's still at 15 HP...can't even take two hits because of that.

The only bad Characters I have used so far are Azama and Anna, and only one of them got better in time...

Azama: an underwhelming character on multiple accounts. First healing, AKA his job, His best healing skill is Martyr (Heals an ally for 7+user's HP lost and himself for 50% of his HP lost, meaning it gets worse the more you use it) which needs him to be halfway dead for it to heal any form of damage that isn't a papercut (keep in mind, Battles + Healer = Bad), which also holds back his skills Imbue (which makes him heal for 10 more HP) and Solid-Earth Balm (+4 Def to all allies for a turn after healing) for an additional turn (yeah make an already bad healing ability even worse). In terms of general use he can't hold a candle to most other units of his role as a level 31 4* (including generics used by the AI). What else does he offer? Threaten Attack, a skill that would be useful on a Knight or tanky unit...guess what Azama isn't...(and before you think "oh, that detracts physical attackers ya dummy" you know what it doesn't detract? Mages, Manaketes, fellow healers, and being surrounded)

Anna: Anna is a weird variation of the Jeigan archetype. To start off, her stats, They are all great, letting her hit hard and even double on occasion...if she survives that is. her biggest problem is her defenses, both of which are low by level 20 (Def in particular stays in the single digits on 3* or lower rarities). As her rarity increases, however, so does her usefulness, starting with Vantage (which appears around 3*) and her best weapon, Noatun (only available at 5*), rely on her HP being low to take effect, taking advantage of her poor Def and Res stats, which is an interesting design choice for the archetype.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

His 2* version is mediocre.  Get him to 4*, and you can legit not have a color on your team, and do fine.  He gets Astra (eventually) and Seal Speed, which is hilarious.

Matthew looks like he's more geared for utility (dropping enemy stats).  Not sure what he looks like once he hits 3*.

---

Olivia is the weirdest dancer I've ever seen.  She gets doubled, but has more Defense than Speed, while doing squat for damage back.  WTF.

I don't know why people are hating on Virion. I summoned a 4 star Virion yesterday, and I got his Level 3 Seal Speed skill. Every time he battles an opponent, he reduces their speed by SEVEN points. He almost has Astra as well. LOL.

Edited by Leif

12 minutes ago, Leif said:

I don't know why people are hating on Virion. I summoned a 4 star Virion yesterday, and I got his Level 3 Seal Speed skill. Every time he battles an opponent, he reduces their speed by SEVEN points. He almost has Astra as well. LOL.

Seal Speed 1 is enough for most of the time.  I grabbed Astra right afterwards.

Like so.

From what I can tell, a lot of units have their own niche.  Virion's is to hinder the enemy while dealing a lot of pain.

Sophia is so damn slow. True to the source material, I guess.

Alfonse is slow, weak and frail. Yay lord character.

I'm not sure what to think about two-way healers (Lissa, Wrys etc.) They are weaker than single-target healers (Serra, Maria) but can live a little bit longer if the enemy brings the fight to them. Nuns and combat shouldn't mix though :/

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

From what I can tell, a lot of units have their own niche.  Virion's is to hinder the enemy while dealing a lot of pain.

Yeah, pretty much everyone is ridiculous in one way or another with their skills. I personally prefer Setsuna over Virion, because she has the Shurikenbreaker Bow and Bowbreaker, so is a strong counter to enemy Typelesses. However, she is hard countered by Kagero, whose Poison Dagger will just one-shot her despite the Breaker. This game is super matchup-based.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, pretty much everyone is ridiculous in one way or another with their skills. I personally prefer Setsuna over Virion, because she has the Shurikenbreaker Bow and Bowbreaker, so is a strong counter to enemy Typelesses. However, she is hard countered by Kagero, whose Poison Dagger will just one-shot her despite the Breaker. This game is super matchup-based.

I totally agree. I actually like it that way.

Went in with 4 Red ... got wreck by 4 Blue
Me being stupid and I was training my C team.

Surprisingly my 4* Abel? I think I just got seriously RNG screwed with him, because he had awful level ups. I thought he was going to be stronger than Jagen in the end like in that actual game, but man, Jagen is an absolute beast. Nothing's tearing him down. 

10 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Caeda. Even at 4* stars she's pretty bad since she can't use her sword correctly, and there are not a lot of mages in the game, and they're frail so you don't really need her.

Caeda uses swords?! Why? That's too bad, I love her.

My friend and I have both had a very similar situation with Raigh.. I wanted to like him but ours are awful. THREE blank level ups. Then +1 Def, next level +1 Res, + Res, +1 Res, then an actually decent level..

the dude is literally a fetus in my army at this point after no growth