Most Disappointing Unit So Far

Ryuke

My most disappointing unit so far is 3 stars Odin (BLUE)

His magic is so awful... that he hits 0/1 against high res pegasus flier.

His speed is slightly above average. Not that helpful if you are hitting 0-3 x2.

His def and res are average at best.

Edited by Ryuke

Alfonse seems offensively bad. What was IS thinking with him? He can't do much damage, he's slow, and he can't seem to take hits either. He's just downright awful. Meanwhile, Sharena is really good...

Edited by Anacybele

Alphonse has a skill to learn. Where he initiates battle he will gain +3 str (or dmg)

That + Sharena => 1 hit kill. Usually.

That being said. Sharena and Alphonse are on my B/C team for now.

I've been trying to make Palla work, but frankly she doesn't really do enough damage nor is she good enough at taking a hit to make her worthwhile. 

In a weird way nabbing a 5 star Camilla was kind of disappointing, if only because I'd spent so much time training Cherche. I guess it was all for nothing unless Heroes plans on introducing a synergy system like FFRK.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Alfonse seems offensively bad. What was IS thinking with him? He can't do much damage, he's slow, and he can't seem to take hits either. He's just downright awful. Meanwhile, Sharena is really good...

Alfonse has an ability that activates when he's at low HP....and has Daylight to recover his HP so he gets out of that threshold. That's dumb.

Just now, Elieson said:

Alfonse has an ability that activates when he's at low HP....and has Daylight to recover his HP so he gets out of that threshold. That's dumb.

Wow, yeah. Talk about canceling out a skill's potential usefulness...

4 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Does Caeda come with armorslayer? That's literally the best hope now.

Yes, if she's 4*. But believe me, even with it, she barely scratchs armored units (she shouldn't even attack them anyway...) and get OSed back if she doesn't kill them in one blow since avoid is gone. i don't get why she got that damn sword. Why not a brave or brave or sapphire sword ? 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

3 minutes ago, epilepsyduck said:

I've been trying to make Palla work, but frankly she doesn't really do enough damage nor is she good enough at taking a hit to make her worthwhile. 

In a weird way nabbing a 5 star Camilla was kind of disappointing, if only because I'd spent so much time training Cherche. I guess it was all for nothing unless Heroes plans on introducing a synergy system like FFRK.

That's cause Cherche is literally broken. She has movement to get advantage of Archer/Mage. Then wham in one shot.

I pulled a 4-star Donnel and he's been useless from the get go. He comes with a brave lance but has 3 base speed, so if he's got it equipped literally everything can double him, and his other skills (hp+, swap hp) are really underwhelming so he's not even worth training up

I think the intention for Alphonse is that once you get to low health, you are supposed to stack Sol and the extra damage to get a one shot and tons of healing

Which isn't actually dumb. This is the same principle as FE13 Vengeance Nosferatu combo

Not having Vantage as a safeguard make you need to plan around it though

Edited by JSND

33 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Yes, if she's 4*. But believe me, even with it, she barely scratchs armored units (she shouldn't even attack them anyway...) and get OSed back if she doesn't kill them in one blow since avoid is gone. i don't get why she got that damn sword. Why not a brave or brave or sapphire sword ? 

I see.. Probably to match Marth.

I guess best is .. going after mage unit. Probably only worth it if you can one shot or 2x hit (via speed) given Peg knight has high res.

I trained Matthew to lv 20 buuuut he still couldn't do any damage whatsoever... even to mages. The only thing he has going for him is his insane speed right now (poor Matthew... had to benge him in favor of Felicia 'cause I have no magic users and therefor 2 range units at all - besides 2* Raigh).

14 minutes ago, Crushie said:

I trained Matthew to lv 20 buuuut he still couldn't do any damage whatsoever... even to mages. The only thing he has going for him is his insane speed right now (poor Matthew... had to benge him in favor of Felicia 'cause I have no magic users and therefor 2 range units at all - besides 2* Raigh).

24 minutes ago, JDtheBA said:

Virion just sucks. Attack just flat out low. And the steel bow takes forever to get.

Must be the power of a low attack 2*.

Maybe at 4* they will do something.

Edited by Ryuke

22 minutes ago, JDtheBA said:

Virion just sucks. Attack just flat out low. And the steel bow takes forever to get.

His 2* version is mediocre.  Get him to 4*, and you can legit not have a color on your team, and do fine.  He gets Astra (eventually) and Seal Speed, which is hilarious.

13 minutes ago, Crushie said:

Matthew looks like he's more geared for utility (dropping enemy stats).  Not sure what he looks like once he hits 3*.

---

Olivia is the weirdest dancer I've ever seen.  She gets doubled, but has more Defense than Speed, while doing squat for damage back.  WTF.

43 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Olivia is the weirdest dancer I've ever seen.  She gets doubled, but has more Defense than Speed, while doing squat for damage back.  WTF.

Weird. Either your Olivia got destroy in SPD or mine is high in SPD

Here's my 3 Star Olivia Stats
LV14: 22/21/14/12/10/150  (HP/STR/SPD/DEF/RES/SP)

Time to buy her Dance.

40 minutes ago, eclipse said:

His 2* version is mediocre.  Get him to 4*, and you can legit not have a color on your team, and do fine.  He gets Astra (eventually) and Seal Speed, which is hilarious.

Matthew looks like he's more geared for utility (dropping enemy stats).  Not sure what he looks like once he hits 3*.

Yep and I used him that way it's just that the moment I got a 4* Felicia she was already better than he was (Lv 20 vs Lv 1 it's actually pretty hilarious) but that's only natural.

44 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That also sounds hilarious like ... what. Henry is also quite interesting, he has more Defense than Sheena but still sits at his base speed of 4 or 5 AND only 18 attack, he survives most things but can't kill. Henry is wierd...

My 4 star Lon'qu, my first pull...his attack and defense need a lot of work despite levelling up *sigh*

And then Alfonse, I really tried to make it work with him, but it's just not working out D:

i've gotten 3 5-star Camillas, 2 of which were in the same summon

this disappoints me because I don't like Camilla at all and would really prefer getting someone else from my green summons

matthew was also pretty disappointing since the 2 star version you get at the beginning is super pathetic even if you level him pretty high

i do really like matthew but i ended up replacing him with roy since he wasn't really helping at all eventually

I managed to get Gaius, which I initially thought was great! I love Gaius!
And then he got like, 4 levels in a row in which he gained nothing other than SP or 1 point. What. He has mediocre speed so he can't double, very little attack, and no defenses or health. He can't do anything. Even Jagen has been getting better levels than him.

Meanwhile, Eliwood and Barst double and kill anything they attack so I can barely train anyone. Hahaha... ha... siiiigh...

Is there anything Matthew does Felicia doesn't do better? Outside of tanking physical hits, which is frankly something the utility units shouldn't be doing in the first place.