Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I got three questions:

1. How do you get Chrom's Army rank go up to beat Emphriam for Round 2, I have about 11,669 Scores and did used alot of flags in the Vs. Alfonse's army yesterday?
  2. If you're prince or princess was beaten in the Voting Gauntlet, you can't continue supporting the Voting Gauntlet correct?
  3. How do I get to fight more Cavaliers that are Lv. 40+? (I have about 7/15 remaining before getting the Bonus Reward Orb for the March Rewards)

Traitor! Team Ephraim is where its at!

1. If you are asking about your previous score, it is reset per round. So, your points against Alfonse does not carry over when fighting against Ephraim.

The Army Rank is a "pool" of everyone's personal score on that team. So, to make the number go up, fight in the Arena for Chrom and win. Use Chrom as your leader for a score bonus, and use flags to multiply the score to get a better rank. This is why it is somewhat important to save flags for later rounds as the score does not carry over.

2. If your chosen leader is beaten in the Voting Gauntlet, you will be able to join up with whoever is left. So, if Chrom and Erika lose, they can choose to support either Lucina or Ephraim in the finals.

3. Honestly, I just run max level Training Tower and endgame Arena normally instead of trying to rush to complete the quest. There's plenty of time to beat it.

1 minute ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Thoughts on a +Atk/-Def Robin? I'm wondering if the -Def will be a bit problematic. 

The +ATT is pretty good, but the -DEF is definitely problematic if min-maxing. Unlike the usual +3/-3 for Boons and Banes, Robin's DEF Bane is actually -4 which makes it less desirable to have. It would be far better to have +ATT, -RES or a +SPD, -RES Robin than -DEF.

However, if you are not concerned about maxing out every little detail, you may be fine running your +ATT, -DEF Robin for now until he can be merged into another Robin with a more desirable nature. Just be more careful leaving Robin exposed to physical attackers.

11 minutes ago, Sire said:

The +ATT is pretty good, but the -DEF is definitely problematic if min-maxing. Unlike the usual +3/-3 for Boons and Banes, Robin's DEF Bane is actually -4 which makes it less desirable to have. It would be far better to have +ATT, -RES or a +SPD, -RES Robin than -DEF.

However, if you are not concerned about maxing out every little detail, you may be fine running your +ATT, -DEF Robin for now until he can be merged into another Robin with a more desirable nature. Just be more careful leaving Robin exposed to physical attackers.

Bummer. Yeah I was just concerned about how he was a bit squishy with -Def. I would think about waiting for another MRobin, but there's also the likelihood that I'll get a worse boon, bane, or both. 

2 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

I'm considering using Ephraim (+Res/-Spd) and promoting Robin (+Def/-Atk) and Roy (+Def/-HP) to 5* but I'm wondering if they have good IV sets.

Ephraim: It's not the end of the world, but it's hardly his best.  The Speed hit sort-of hurts (since neutral speed Klein gets four attacks instead of two, among other things).  Not sure if +Res allows him to survive things he otherwise wouldn't, nor do I care enough to crunch numbers.  Since it's not -Atk, I think it's workable, barely.

Robin: NO.  -Atk means that he's doing less damage, and the +Def isn't enough to justify it.

Roy: Better than Ephraim, at least.  Roy's not exactly the world's best tank, but the -HP doesn't hurt quite as much as Ephraim's -Spd.  Ideally, you'd have +Atk to make Nino cry, or +Spd so that all variants of Takumi can't double him (as examples).  Out of the three, he's the best option, but IMO he's neutral in the grand scheme of things.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Just a short question, but Pavise and Sacred Cowl are affected by the range of the attack, not by the damage type, right? So .. Pavise would protect the user from the axe, spear, and lance, as well dragon breaths, and Sacred Cowl not only protect the user from tome and staves attacks but also bows and daggers attack.... Am I correct? 

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they are affected by the range of the weapon. Sacred Cowl can activate against Takumi's 1-range counterattack because Fujin Yumi is always counted as a 2-range weapon.

Again, I'm not 100% sure about this. I skipped a battle animation between Minerva and Takumi in the tower that I assumed would result in Minerva's death, but Minerva didn't die. Either I read the numbers wrong (I'm too used to calculating damage myself instead of just looking at the big HP numbers above) or Sacred Cowl activated on Takumi's counterattack, and I believe the latter to be more likely.

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread for this.

I just got 20,000 Feathers and am looking for suggestions on who I should promote to R5.

Sharena
FRobin
Ursula
Effie (+Res -Spd)
A-Tiki (+Spd -Res)
FCorrin (+Speed -Def)
MCorrin (+HP -Atk)
Nino (+Def -Atk)
Cordelia (+Spd -HP)

Sorry if this has been asked,  but thoughts on best units to take on the Ursula map? 

Thanks!

edit: also, thoughts on Klein? I've been training him to lv40 (5*) and because of his highish speed stat and brave bow+, he can OHKO a lot of enemies. But his low defense and res stats make him succeptible to OHKO as well if he gets caught in the danger zone...

Edited by SaMaster14

4 minutes ago, Zak Something said:

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread for this.

I just got 20,000 Feathers and am looking for suggestions on who I should promote to R5.

Sharena
FRobin
Ursula
Effie (+Res -Spd)
A-Tiki (+Spd -Res)
FCorrin (+Speed -Def)
MCorrin (+HP -Atk)
Nino (+Def -Atk)
Cordelia (+Spd -HP)

Looking purely at the units individually and without knowledge of your current team, I'd say Effie or Cordelia. Both are strong units and seem to have good IV's for what their roles are.

Sorry if this has been asked,  but thoughts on best units to take on the Ursula map? 

Thanks!

Depends on your strategy, but with 2 rogues that have effective damage against infantry and Ursula's anti-cavalry weapon, I'd personally say a flier or two would be good.

Edited by Birdy

12 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Looking purely at the units individually and without knowledge of your current team, I'd say Effie or Cordelia. Both are strong units and seem to have good IV's for what their roles are.

Oh right. My current team is Lucina (+HP-Spd) Tiki (+HP -Def) Camilla (+Res -Spd) and Abel (+Spd -HP). Not sure who I should take out for who.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be fair, one weakness is based on their movement type and the other is based on their weapon type. I wonder if FE7's Swordslayer will ever get implemented...

I suppose Manakete could be considered just a weapon type.  It just seems weird, since "Dragon" was considered a unit type in past games.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Depends on your strategy, but with 2 rogues that have effective damage against infantry and Ursula's anti-cavalry weapon, I'd personally say a flier or two would be good.

Thanks for the reply! I took care of the 3* map with Takumi/Tiki(young)/Robin(M)/Effie (all 5*/lv40). Can't face the lunatic level tho and I don't have any fliers above 4* or level 20ish currently :( 

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I suppose Manakete could be considered just a weapon type.  It just seems weird, since "Dragon" was considered a unit type in past games.

In the main series games, it's just checking if a flag is set on the weapon and target enemy class, and that flag was used only for the effective weapon check and nothing else.

Here, it's not very different but there are two sets of flags and they're no longer isolated from all other mechanics. Effective damage in this game uses the movement type and weapon type flags, as evidenced by the icons on the weapon skills themselves (Falchion, for example, is effective specifically against red breath, blue breath, and green breath).

Bane atk Robin (boon res) gotta suck right?

I guess I gonna keep him at 4* 40 for the time being... for Grand hero and wtv.

Edited by Ryuke

My 5-star Robin is also -atk, and he's actually been really good for me, so I don't think having -atk in itself is a bad thing. Being +res, though, might not mitigate his being -atk -- mine only really works out because he's +spd.

6 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

Question about Klein. Mine is (+Atk/-HP), but his HP is 4 points lower than normal and his attack is only 3 points higher than normal. Did I just get unlucky; I didn't know that could happen...

Yeah, some character's specific stats are like this. If I remember correctly (and DON'T quote me on this), if a unit gains +19 in a stat between lvl 1 and 40, their bane in that stat will be -4 instead of -3, and if a unit gains +16 between lvl 1 and 40, their boon in that stat will be +4 instead of +3. Something like that.

If you check the "Ice Dragon stats research" page, he has the exactly information.

Edited by Fly_or_Die

1 minute ago, Fly_or_Die said:

Yeah, some character's specific stats are like this. If I remember correctly (and DON'T quote me on this), if a unit gains +19 in a stat between lvl 1 and 40, their bane in that stat will be -4 instead of -3, and if a unit gains +16 between lvl 1 and 40, their boon in that stat will be +4 instead of +3. Something like that.

If you check the "Ice Dragon stats research" page, he has the exactly information.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I guess that throws a little bit more randomness in the game. Funny part was that my boon was not plus 4, so my Klein is -1 overall... :(

I was wondering how bad a +Atk, -Spd Nature is on Felicia in comparison to a +Spd, -Res one. I just pulled a 5* one with the first nature and I have 4* with the second nature and I'm wondering if the -Spd nature is such an hindrance that I should consider promoting the 4* to 5*?

11 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I have other units I want to promote (Sharena, FRobin) but I'm wondering if I should promote immediately or hoard SP with them to get skills earlier.

SP and skills carry over, but if you have a SP intense Skill to get, like Aether, it can be useful to level up more, so you can get more SP from level-ups.

2 hours ago, EvilElectro said:

Is a +Res/-Def an average IV set for Lucina?

Lucina really doesn't want -Atk/-Spd, so if you have a set that has neither, it's decent.