"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, Dylan Corona said:

Oh my god, they are. That's such a simple fix, I don't know why I didn't think of that haha. Thanks so much. I thought I was going crazy.

No problem, happy to help! I've seen this question a lot. The whole favourite mechanic in the game isn't really made clear. The game will automatically favourite units of a certain star rarity, but you can change that in the settings menu.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, red-and-soulless said:

It's a pity that a certain meta-centralizing threat happens to screw over the entire class in one fell swoop.

Down with the pineapples, I say.

So while searching for Ninian I ended up with 4 Oboros and 3 Sullys, all of the same rarity.

Oboro #1 is +Def -Atk, Oboro #2 is +HP -Def, Oboro #3 is +Res -HP, and Oboro #4 is +HP -Atk.

Meanwhile, Sully #1 is +Res -Def, Sully #2 is +Def -Spd, and Sully #3 is +Res -Atk.

Which one of each should I keep?

Edited by Lightchao42

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

Alright, looking for some suggestions on who to bump up to 5★ with the 25k feathers I have floating around. Screenshot in spoilers shows all of my 4★/5★ characters.

Reveal hidden contents

vC0tWRC.png

Of the 4 stars, some notable units have the following bane/boon. I'd be happy to check others if it matters.

Tharja - +Atk/-Spd, +Def/-Spd
Marth, Sharena, Jeorge - all Neutral
Nino - +HP/-Spd
M!Robin - +Res/-Atk
Fae - +Def/-Atk

If it matters, my main Arena team has been Julia, Young!Tiki, Kagero, and Olivia, though I'll probably replace Olivia with Ninian once she's leveled up. Olivia was one of my original contenders for 5★, but now that I have Ninian that doesn't seem worth it.

Of course, I'm open to new teams as well, which is part of why I'm looking for advice on who to bump anyway.

Sharena's always a good pick. She'd do well in replacing Peri for your team.

+Atk -Spd Tharja is not the best, but it's viable if you have buffer units (especially spd buff) for her.

Nino and Robin probably got one of their worst IV.

So I collected my Arena rewards today. Obligatory "which 4* should I promote" post.

Spoiler

r1zuwgT.png

Currently my capped 4* units are Effie (+Atk/-Res), Catria (+Spd/-Res) and Kagero (+Spd/-Atk). Other possibly noteworthy mentions, based on some of the answers other people have given me, are Nino (+Spd/-Def) and Cordelia (+Def/-Atk).

All signs seem to be pointing to Effie based on what others have suggested, but her low Mov is kinda off putting and I don't have any units on my main team that can push her around to circumvent this problem. Additionally, she really doesn't like mages (duh). The other alternative is Cordelia who's pretty cool with Brave Lance but I'm miffed with her having an Atk bane. Same deal with Kagero, which is part of the reason why I shafted her the moment I got Robin. Which sucks because she carried a good number of my Arena battles early on, lol. 

There's also Nino but she's super fragile, plus I don't think I really need another ranged unit, now that I can swap one of my melees with Klein. Oh, yeah. And there's Tharja too I guess, who's an all neutral unit. But I have several reds already so she's whatever. 

So either those, or I could also just forego all that and train/promote someone else entirely, ahaha. 

Well, since you have no sign of buffer units (if you don't count Olivia), I don't suggest Tharja and Nino atm.Your options left are the blue Lances: Sharena, Cordelia, and Effie. Catria is also a notable mention because she's pretty great.

Edited by pianime94

This is probably a stupid question, but can you get alternate accounts on the same device as your main account without deleting it? I learned about rerolling after I had made quite a lot of progress into the game, but I'm stuck with units who I don't like all that much. I'd really like to try to do rerolls on an alternate, but I have no idea how.

2 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

This is probably a stupid question, but can you get alternate accounts on the same device as your main account without deleting it? I learned about rerolling after I had made quite a lot of progress into the game, but I'm stuck with units who I don't like all that much. I'd really like to try to do rerolls on an alternate, but I have no idea how.

you just have to create new nintendo account to save the reroll data.

4 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

you just have to create new nintendo account to save the reroll data.

Okay, but how would I sign out of my current account? There's no option on the app itself. Is it possible to have two accounts on one device?

32 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

Okay, but how would I sign out of my current account? There's no option on the app itself. Is it possible to have two accounts on one device?

you need to reinstall the game. or clear data. that's 300~400MB each time you reroll. Ouch.. but that does not stop me from re-rolling

1 hour ago, WinterMidnight said:

Would strongly suggest downloading an android OS (or emulator) on your PC for one account and your phone/tablet for the other.

Edited by Lushen

Random question - does the unit standing at the top of the stairs on the home screen have any significance, or is it randomly chosen? I ask because when I first started the game it was Anna, and then it was my Julia, and now it's suddenly changed to my Draug. Any reasons behind which unit is chosen, how long they stand there, and why they change out?

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Random question - does the unit standing at the top of the stairs on the home screen have any significance, or is it randomly chosen? I ask because when I first started the game it was Anna, and then it was my Julia, and now it's suddenly changed to my Draug. Any reasons behind which unit is chosen, how long they stand there, and why they change out?

It's the leftmost unit in your leftmost team.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Ohh. That's really weird and arbitrary. But thanks so much for clearing that up!

Well, it's the first unit in your line-up, so it's a leader. It also represents you in others' friend list and when they choose you to fight in the arena.

4 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Quick question, what's a better boom/bane for Cheche +DEF/-RES or +SPD/-ATK?

I'd say +DEF/-Res. Having -ATK hurts Cherche a lot, and her speeds pretty mediocre either way. -RES is honestly probably the best bane for her, as it's going to be low no matter what you do, so you may as well sacrifice it to boost her other stats. 

2 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Quick question, what's a better boom/bane for Cheche +DEF/-RES or +SPD/-ATK?

I'd personally keep the +Def/-Res over the +Spd/Atk, simply because her Res is abysmal, so the loss from the negative nature won't affect much. And her speed is also sub-par, so boosting it to Meh levels while nerfing her Atk doesn't seem worth it IMO

Any thoughts on whether I should keep Dire thunder on Olwen?  Pretty sure I have +sp Olwen so she has 32 base speed and on a cavalry team that's going to go up to ridiculous numbers.  She should be able to attack twice anyways.  Is it worth trying to attack 4 times or when skill inherit comes out putting another tome like M!Robin's on (or Blarblade or Aura..) ?  I have Reinhardt as well but no way I'd remove his Dire thunder.

Edited by Lushen

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Flying - Cordelia/Camilla have strong cases for themselves, due to Brave weapons.

11 hours ago, red-and-soulless said:

I agree with eclipse that Cordelia and Camilla are among the best (in addition to Brave Weapons shenanigans, Galeforce is still terrifying if you can get it to proc in time and Camilla has surprisingly workable bulk in a pinch), but Minerva (an absolutely terrifying nuke) and Catria (probably the best of the "traditional" pegasus knights thanks to Seal Attack and Armored Blow) deserve honorable mention... It's a pity that a certain meta-centralizing threat happens to screw over the entire class in one fell swoop.

I love how I've rolled I think every flier except the ones that are considered good lmao.... RIP...

On 3/13/2017 at 10:50 AM, BANRYU said:

Okay so after the Ursula business and my last batch of pulls I have a pretty good crop of cavalry units at my disposal. My question is, what is/are my best team composition options?

My calvary units include Leo 5*, Abel 5*, Ursula 4*, Eliwood 4*, Cecilia 3*+1, and Gunter 1*&2*. I've heard Gunter is good as far as Goad Cavalry goes, so how high would I want to upgrade him if using him? Would 3* suffice or should I be going for 4? (chances are I won't want to prioritize him over other units I like better but I'll entertain the idea if it's well-advised enough) Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also have a 4* Olivia; if there are any other good non-cavalry utility units feel free to suggest those as well

bumping this again since it never got all the way answered. =___= @pianime94 suggests using Gunter apparently but not really sure who to roll for the rest...

I wasn't all the way sure about Gunter since Harsh Command and HONE* Cavalry are good skills and I highly considered using him as fodder when Skill Inheritance comes around to put it on someone better (I've merged them since then and realized that may have been a bad ideal OTL. RIP) ; In particular, if Skill Inheritance works the way I think it will, then Abel has a C-skill slot open for Hone Cavalry if I decide to go that route.... though ofc that leaves me without a green barring Cecilia shrug

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

What do people use to counter Linde? (Or do I have to bring a green unit) Because I'm sick and tired of getting one-rounded on the stupid lava map. 

I use Linde to counter Linde. xD

Other than that any melee unit (horses and fliers will get to her easy) will destroy her quick.  She's the ultimate glass cannon take her out quick.

Edited by Lushen