"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

should i save my orbs until the next banner? i have 19 right now. i spent 20 yesterday and got nothing good :/

Depends, are there any characters you really really want? Jaffar, Ninian and Karel are pretty good so far as I can see, especially the first two. The next banner for the Michalis's Hero battle is known, but we have no idea what characters will be on the other banner.  

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

should i save my orbs until the next banner? i have 19 right now. i spent 20 yesterday and got nothing good :/

As far as I know the safe bet for a 5* in this banner is spending orbs in grey color units, as there's more probability that you end pulling a healer since there are... 3 I think? And there's an archer and a ninja. The worst would be pulling greens. However if there aren't characters that draw your attention I'd personally wait.

4 minutes ago, Fire Penguin Disco Panda said:

As far as I know the safe bet for a 5* in this banner is spending orbs in grey color units, as there's more probability that you end pulling a healer since there are... 3 I think? And there's an archer and a ninja. The worst would be pulling greens. However if there aren't characters that draw your attention I'd personally wait.

There's 4. 2 healers 1 archer 1 dagger

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

The only ones worth are the dagger, the manakete, and the sword guy. Unless you desperately need one of those units, then no. Save your orbs.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The only ones worth are the dagger, the manakete, and the sword guy.

Priscilla. Don't you dare disrespect Priscilla, lest Rebecca will haunt you.

Welp, since eclipse locked up my thread. I might as well ask the same question here instead. Who should I promote to 5*? Not because that unit is good, but that unit is what you want me to use.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.a81c28a8babbf3210313643b112b58bb.jpg

As for what I think of each character:

Highest Priority (Characters I want the most): Felicia, Nino, Roy

High Priority (Characters I would be happy to have): Eirika, Seliph, Frederick, Cain

Medium Priority (Characters that I can settle with): Eliwood, Marth, Odin, Arthur, Setsuna

Low Priority (Characters that I'm somewhat worried with): Effie, Jagen, Nowi, Azama, Draug, Corrin

Lowest Priority (Well...): Peri

People who have voted cannot vote again as per usual. I'm also a bit sad this had to happen but so be it.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don't see Sharena there. This makes me incredibly sad. Go Nino then.

Yeah I only have her at 3 stars. Not willing to spend more feathers for her. Yet.

32 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Welp, since eclipse locked up my thread. I might as well ask the same question here instead. Who should I promote to 5*? Not because that unit is good, but that unit is what you want me to use.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.a81c28a8babbf3210313643b112b58bb.jpg

As for what I think of each character:

Highest Priority (Characters I want the most): Felicia, Nino, Roy

High Priority (Characters I would be happy to have): Eirika, Seliph, Frederick, Cain

Medium Priority (Characters that I can settle with): Eliwood, Marth, Odin, Arthur, Setsuna

Low Priority (Characters that I'm somewhat worried with): Effie, Jagen, Nowi, Azama, Draug, Corrin

Lowest Priority (Well...): Peri

People who have voted cannot vote again as per usual. I'm also a bit sad this had to happen but so be it.

If you care about stats and tiers, promote Effie to replace Peri, or if you're willing to wait for another 20k feathers, promote Nino and Eirika.

Otherwise, just promote your favourites. It's your game, if you want to promote a character, go ahead and do so.

If I'm going to use Naga's Voice Tiki,

Should I upgrade my 3 star +Atk, -Res Tiki or stick with my 4 star +HP, - Atk one?

The former has some offensive presence outside Bonfire procs but tends to get screwed over by mages even more than normal. The latter has a really hard time killing things but tends to be a slightly tougher wall that can usually survive being attacked by most mages with help from Ninian's Fortify Dragon.

7 minutes ago, HyperBowser said:

If I'm going to use Naga's Voice Tiki,

Should I upgrade my 3 star +Atk, -Res Tiki or stick with my 4 star +HP, - Atk one?

The former has some offensive presence outside Bonfire procs but tends to get screwed over by mages even more than normal. The latter has a really hard time killing things but tends to be a slightly tougher wall that can usually survive being attacked by most mages with help from Ninian's Fortify Dragon.

Naga's voice tiki has distant counter so you want that +atk for extra retaliation damage. Ninian's fortify should be enough to cover over the damage taken from tomes on her -res. For extra comfort you can do Anna (for spur resistance), Ninian, Tiki and (Bow user). The bow user has to be strong, though, unless you want to switch the bow user with someone else physical.

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

If you care about stats and tiers, promote Effie to replace Peri, or if you're willing to wait for another 20k feathers, promote Nino and Eirika.

Otherwise, just promote your favourites. It's your game, if you want to promote a character, go ahead and do so.

Just to let you know, I don't use Peri. I'm just training her cause I got nothing better to do. None of these are really my favorites though so I'm not really sure who to promote (otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation).

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Just to let you know, I don't use Peri. I'm just training her cause I got nothing better to do. None of these are really my favorites though so I'm not really sure who to promote (otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation).

In that case, I recommend Effie as you don't have a 5* Lancer yet, as lance units are quite useful in the current meta, and she's the best candidate on your roster. I wouldn't recommend promoting any sword units aside from Eirika(due to her support niche) as you already have Lucina.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Naga's voice tiki has distant counter so you want that +atk for extra retaliation damage. Ninian's fortify should be enough to cover over the damage taken from tomes on her -res. For extra comfort you can do Anna (for spur resistance), Ninian, Tiki and (Bow user). The bow user has to be strong, though, unless you want to switch the bow user with someone else physical.

I currently use Ephraim and Jeorge (for his debuff attack, spur speed and decent res when attacking) on the team with them. I didn't consider using Anna for the extra Res so that might fix that problem (and I honestly need a strong green unit more then a blue one in this team), I already got her to 4 stars so with some leveling she could join up pretty quickly. I also have a capped out Takumi who could serve as a alternate option to Jeorge but I like having a unit with decent enough res to deal with mages.

Oh yeah finaly, should I upgrade Tiki or Anna to 5 stars first? I missed Tiki during the focus so I can't randomly draw her with 5 stars (and after merging all the Tiki's I have together should make the upgrade to 5 stars relatively cheap) but Anna can't be summoned at all. However I'm not sure if I'm going to use Anna much outside this team since I already have Minerva for glass cannon axe murder.

1 minute ago, HyperBowser said:

I currently use Ephraim and Jeorge (for his debuff attack, spur speed and decent res when attacking) on the team with them. I didn't consider using Anna for the extra Res so that might fix that problem (and I honestly need a strong green unit more then a blue one in this team), I already got her to 4 stars so with some leveling she could join up pretty quickly. I also have a capped out Takumi who could serve as a alternate option to Jeorge but I like having a unit with decent enough res to deal with mages.

Oh yeah finaly, should I upgrade Tiki or Anna to 5 stars first? I missed Tiki during the focus so I can't randomly draw her with 5 stars (and after merging all the Tiki's I have together should make the upgrade to 5 stars relatively cheap) but Anna can't be summoned at all. However I'm not sure if I'm going to use Anna much outside this team since I already have Minerva for glass cannon axe murder.

Well michalis comes soon too and based on your units you can probably get him at 4 stars too. Minerva is pretty nice attack wise but Anna has a pretty good chunk of resistance. She's like the ax version of Lyn, statwise. 

Tiki targets resistance so if you desperately need a magic Red magic attacker because most of your units are physical, then go tiki.

Anna is a pretty good Lance counter so if you desperately need an ax because Lances slaughter your team and you have enough magic attackers, go Anna.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well michalis comes soon too and based on your units you can probably get him at 4 stars too. Minerva is pretty nice attack wise but Anna has a pretty good chunk of resistance. She's like the ax version of Lyn, statwise. 

Tiki targets resistance so if you desperately need a magic Red magic attacker because most of your units are physical, then go tiki.

Anna is a pretty good Lance counter so if you desperately need an ax because Lances slaughter your team and you have enough magic attackers, go Anna.

I'll probably upgrade Tiki next then.

Minerva is already doing a good job murdering every single lance unit in the game and with Sacred Cowl she can take out most mages while barely surviving to.

Sophia and Sanaki are my only red mages with the latter having +Res, - Spd IV's (she hits hard but get's one rounded a lot).

4 hours ago, Birdy said:

[...]

In today's message though, they did say that they're going to change the way you get points from the Arena, so just be on the lookout for that =).

Thanks for the advice. It'd be nice having Nino or Chrom but no luck on that, I need a magic user too. Otherwise the Sharena option looks good, albeit she's still physical. I'll try to search the changes later, didn't know they are up already.

Any advice for defense? I usually let a Takumi-Olivia-Serra team (thought it'd be easy for the AI to handle) do the thing but I usually end getting 0-1 sucessful defenses. I don't know if this is the normal thing or in other case what kind of setup should I let the AI play.

1 hour ago, Fire Penguin Disco Panda said:

Thanks for the advice. It'd be nice having Nino or Chrom but no luck on that, I need a magic user too. Otherwise the Sharena option looks good, albeit she's still physical. I'll try to search the changes later, didn't know they are up already.

Any advice for defense? I usually let a Takumi-Olivia-Serra team (thought it'd be easy for the AI to handle) do the thing but I usually end getting 0-1 sucessful defenses. I don't know if this is the normal thing or in other case what kind of setup should I let the AI play.

You could go Tiki for magic damage, but there are a lot of Falchion users out there who kill her. Tharja is an option, but she's a 4 star mage, so you won't get that many points from her. And if you do use her, I wonder who you should replace her with. 

Olivia is definitly good for defense, a lot of people miscalculate the dancing distance from what I've been reading. For the rest, probably Takumi, Lucina and Shareena if you do decide to pick her up. Theoretically, if Lucina and Shareena buff Takumi and Olivia dances for him, he should be able to do a lot of damage and maybe even one-shot someone who's unprepared for it. A lot of people might give up then, since they aim for a perfect score.

Whoops, I didn't know that this thread existed until just now, lol. I'll repost something from another thread if the mods don't mind.

Recently, I pulled a Tiki (old) with +Attack -Res and a Corrin!F with +HP -Res.

These are both three stars though. Is it worth investing the amount of feathers to turn one into a 5 star? Which one do you guys think is better out of the two?

Also, I have two 4 star Effies, one of them is level 40, the other is level 1. I pulled a 5 star, so should I merge them? If so, when would be the best time to merge?

1 minute ago, Tragonight said:

Whoops, I didn't know that this thread existed until just now, lol. I'll repost something from another thread if the mods don't mind.

Recently, I pulled a Tiki (old) with +Attack -Res and a Corrin!F with +HP -Res.

These are both three stars though. Is it worth investing the amount of feathers to turn one into a 5 star? Which one do you guys think is better out of the two?

Also, I have two 4 star Effies, one of them is level 40, the other is level 1. I pulled a 5 star, so should I merge them? If so, when would be the best time to merge?

Both of those boons/banes sound pretty decent, especially Tiki's. They're good characters, not the best but definitly not the worst. It depends on your team mostly if they are worth turning into 5*'s. On their own, there are better candidates I'd say, especially since you need to spend an extra 2.000 and stamina to bring them up since they are only three stars.

You could, but they would only give SP, if you want to give them the extra levels, you need to make them the 4* Effie's 5*. I'd say just save the Effies and you might use them for Skill Inherit that's coming out tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Both of those boons/banes sound pretty decent, especially Tiki's. They're good characters, not the best but definitly not the worst. It depends on your team mostly if they are worth turning into 5*'s. On their own, there are better candidates I'd say, especially since you need to spend an extra 2.000 and stamina to bring them up since they are only three stars.

You could, but they would only give SP, if you want to give them the extra levels, you need to make them the 4* Effie's 5*. I'd say just save the Effies and you might use them for Skill Inherit that's coming out tomorrow.

My team right now consists of Hector, Chrom, Abel, and Camilla. I'm planning on switching out Chrom for Tharja (who I also pulled recently), and benching Camilla too.

Is Effie better than Abel? (Should I replace him with her?) Would Tiki or Corrin fit well on a team like this?

On 3/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, Rezzy said:

Each + gives +1 to two different stats.  I'm not sure if it's predetermined or random, though.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:34 PM, Vaximillian said:

Each merging gives two random stats spread evenly, by five mergings you have +2 to everything, by ten +4 to everything.

Because I don't frequent this thread...

The stats you gain from merging is pre-determined based on the character. For example, the first merge on Lucina will always be +1 HP and +1 Spd, but the first merge on Julia will always be +1 HP and +1 Atk.

Enemy stats in the arena and my own merging experiments confirm this.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Priscilla. Don't you dare disrespect Priscilla, lest Rebecca will haunt you.

Thank you for defending Priscilla even if you're joking, she's just a Fear inherit away from being the best defensive healer in the game, in my humble opinion.

I will concur that Rebecca and Lucius don't look amazing, though.

Guys how viable do you think a full dragon team will work? Firstly I'm planning to level them all up to max and the team will be Ninian, F!Corrin, Fae and A!Tiki. Sadly I'm missing Young Tiki and Nowi for now... *sob* orz

Kinda wish I managed to pull another Adult Tiki with better IVs since she lacks that punch. Otherwise if I had them all I would have gone with Ninian, Nowi, Y!Tiki and Fae, thoughts?

57 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Guys how viable do you think a full dragon team will work? Firstly I'm planning to level them all up to max and the team will be Ninian, F!Corrin, Fae and A!Tiki. Sadly I'm missing Young Tiki and Nowi for now... *sob* orz

Kinda wish I managed to pull another Adult Tiki with better IVs since she lacks that punch. Otherwise if I had them all I would have gone with Ninian, Nowi, Y!Tiki and Fae, thoughts?

Not very viable until skill inheritance becomes a thing in a handful of hours.

Even with weapon triangle advantage, Marth, Lucina, Chrom, and Julia have little trouble dealing heavy damage to your team. With Triangle Adept, you can mitigate that entirely (effective damage with Triangle Adept weapon triangle disadvantage is a net -10% Atk).

A full dragon team will still have some difficulty due to the fact that they are all limited to initiating combat a melee range. Many of the current arena maps have obstacles all over the place that give ranged units an advantage, meaning you'll be often relegated to counterattacking with Nowi or Awakening Tiki. Quick Riposte will be very useful on these two to land guaranteed double attack counterattacks against key threats.