"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, FoliFF said:

Guys how viable do you think a full dragon team will work? Firstly I'm planning to level them all up to max and the team will be Ninian, F!Corrin, Fae and A!Tiki. Sadly I'm missing Young Tiki and Nowi for now... *sob* orz

Kinda wish I managed to pull another Adult Tiki with better IVs since she lacks that punch. Otherwise if I had them all I would have gone with Ninian, Nowi, Y!Tiki and Fae, thoughts?

3 dragons and a bow. And it has to be a REALLY strong bow user too, since you would be relying on them for physical damage. I think you should have F Corrin and A Tiki for debufferations to help out with combating people with high speed and atk.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not very viable until skill inheritance becomes a thing in a handful of hours.

Even with weapon triangle advantage, Marth, Lucina, Chrom, and Julia have little trouble dealing heavy damage to your team. With Triangle Adept, you can mitigate that entirely (effective damage with Triangle Adept weapon triangle disadvantage is a net -10% Atk).

A full dragon team will still have some difficulty due to the fact that they are all limited to initiating combat a melee range. Many of the current arena maps have obstacles all over the place that give ranged units an advantage, meaning you'll be often relegated to counterattacking with Nowi or Awakening Tiki. Quick Riposte will be very useful on these two to land guaranteed double attack counterattacks against key threats.

To further up on what Ice Dragon said; @FoliFF

It might not be a bad idea to, if you have the opportunity, transer Fortify Dragons from Ninian to Azura and field her as a fourth, with a R/G/B otherwise from Tiki/Fae/Nowi or another Ninian or F!Corrin, a unit which hard-counters all of the Falchion users with Sapphire Lance+. The only unit you might struggle against thus would be Julia, whom you should still be able to tackle at full one=range.

Edited by Elieson

14 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It might not be a bad idea to, if you have the opportunity, transer Fortify Dragons from Ninian to Azura and field her as a fourth, with a R/G/B otherwise from Tiki/Fae/Nowi or another Ninian or F!Corrin, a unit which hard-counters all of the Falchion users with Sapphire Lance+. The only unit you might struggle against thus would be Julia, whom you should still be able to tackle at full one=range.

This all depends on whether or not FoliFF even has azura. And whether or not we can transfer fortify dragons to non dragon units. If we can then, giggity. If we can't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I don't have Azura (and probably my nr 1 Hero I want atm...) and I would need a second Ninian whom I really need so yeah not going to work sadly. My wallet simply won't allow it.

Still thanks for the advice guys. For now I'll just level them up and hopefully I'll be able to pull Young Tiki and Nowi sooner rather than later. Will also check out the skill inheritance to see what skills would work good with them. I'll make sure to have a fun dragon team, even though it's not the most viable one.

Hi there, I posted in a previous thread but was redirected here...so I'll just copy and paste my question:

I just got a 4* (M)Robin with +Def/-Res, and I was wondering if it was worth promoting to 5*. I know a lot varies on my current roster, but ignoring those factors I was just wondering if this is a good boon/bane.

Read a lot elsewhere that +Spd/-Res is arguably the best (as it cancels being doubled by Takumi), but also read that +Def allows him to tank quite a bit more (like being doubled by Takumi...lol)

Since (M)Robin is ranked quite high on the tier list and no longer available as a 5* pull, he was a unit I wanted to promote to 5*, but seeing as 3* and 4* are quite a bit more common I was wondering if you guys thought it might be worth waiting until I pull a (M)Robin with the best boon/bane. Thanks!

I know (M)Robin boon/bane has been discussed a bit already...but nothing with regards to his Boon being Def.

And thanks to those who had replied to the other thread before it was locked :).

1 hour ago, DevilinXIII said:

Hi there, I posted in a previous thread but was redirected here...so I'll just copy and paste my question:

I know (M)Robin boon/bane has been discussed a bit already...but nothing with regards to his Boon being Def.

And thanks to those who had replied to the other thread before it was locked :).

Thats my Robin! Good thing about +Def is that you get a bit extra ATK when Bonfire is active. Takumi is not an issue. Only +Spd Takumi will double but he's going to do a pittance of damage. Sadly, its not going to save you from a +SPD Kagero, but you shouldn't encounter many of these. 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Thats my Robin! Good thing about +Def is that you get a bit extra ATK when Bonfire is active. Takumi is not an issue. Only +Spd Takumi will double but he's going to do a pittance of damage. Sadly, its not going to save you from a +SPD Kagero, but you shouldn't encounter many of these. 

I like it for sure, although the extra bit of Atk for Bonfire I believe is only an additional 1 damage. Do buffs affect Bonfire?

Apparently despite being doubled by +Spd Kagero...if (M)Robin is +Def he'll still survive the hit and finish her off so there's that...but I guess with all that said +Spd is still better solely due to receiving less damage by virtue of only being hit once?

17 minutes ago, DevilinXIII said:

I like it for sure, although the extra bit of Atk for Bonfire I believe is only an additional 1 damage. Do buffs affect Bonfire?

Apparently despite being doubled by +Spd Kagero...if (M)Robin is +Def he'll still survive the hit and finish her off so there's that...but I guess with all that said +Spd is still better solely due to receiving less damage by virtue of only being hit once?

Most specials deal flat damage. Some are a little different but ones like Glacies and bonfire are flat. Which is why sometimes you'll deal 0 but you end up doing 12 or something because of your special.

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

So I need some help building a cohesive arena team with the highest rating possible. My current team is Klein (+Res -HP), Lucina (+Spe -Def), Ephraim (+Res -HP), and Olivia (+Res -HP). I don't have trouble winning games or losing units, but given my use of Klein + Olivia my score ends up pretty low, around 4300+. My goal is to hit 4500, if at all possible. My options are screened in the spoiler. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So far the other bonus units I have access to are Eldigan (+Spe -Atk) and RobinF4, for reference.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-03-15-20-36-26.thumb.png.7070b83ef32c8065ac88da130b0583c7.png

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

So I need some help building a cohesive arena team with the highest rating possible. My current team is Klein (+Res -HP), Lucina (+Spe -Def), Ephraim (+Res -HP), and Olivia (+Res -HP). I don't have trouble winning games or losing units, but given my use of Klein + Olivia my score ends up pretty low, around 4300+. My goal is to hit 4500, if at all possible. My options are screened in the spoiler. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So far the other bonus units I have access to are Eldigan (+Spe -Atk) and RobinF4, for reference.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2017-03-15-20-36-26.thumb.png.7070b83ef32c8065ac88da130b0583c7.png

That team you have there is good but if you want to be a little more safe you could switch Fae with merric. Also you can switch Lucina or Lyn (specifically them for speed) with jeorge for extra stat totals. You'll be down one ranged hero, but your base stat total will go up quite a bit. Just to be clear it's either:

Merric Smelldigan Ephraim Lucina

or 

Merric Smelldigan Ephraim Lyn

You can also go full high with Smelldigan Selpih Fae and Roy/Ephraim. Not sure how good that team comp will be though

Edited by Arcanite

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

memes

Thanks for the suggestion! If I run Merric then I shouldn't be too worried about fliers. My real concern is being able to consistently beat Takumi since he's pretty common in all my games. He gets ousted nicely by Klein with Hone + Spur but dat Arena rating.

Going full rating team bar Roy  got me thinking. Seliph can give +4 Spe to Eldigan which puts him at an impressive 48 / 36 offenses despite being -Atk. However, I am leaning more towards Lucina at this point because Spur Atk is way better as a universal buff and she has better bulk by virtue of her higher speed.

The one reason I would consider Lyn is how skill inheritance treats her, since I have like three Lon'qu's with Vantage that she can inherit. 37 Spe is average but 51 Atk isn't. Still, I lose Dragon coverage and the only compromise I can think of is getting a Julia, which might give me a flier weakness.

All in all I think your team 1 you suggested is my best bet. But until I finish my next run this question will still be up in the air, if anyone else can help answer it. Again, thank you very much for your suggestion!

Also, Smelldigan. Not gonna lie I'm a sucker for puns.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Thanks for the suggestion! If I run Merric then I shouldn't be too worried about fliers. My real concern is being able to consistently beat Takumi since he's pretty common in all my games. He gets ousted nicely by Klein with Hone + Spur but dat Arena rating.

Going full rating team bar Roy  got me thinking. Seliph can give +4 Spe to Eldigan which puts him at an impressive 48 / 36 offenses despite being -Atk. However, I am leaning more towards Lucina at this point because Spur Atk is way better as a universal buff and she has better bulk by virtue of her higher speed.

The one reason I would consider Lyn is how skill inheritance treats her, since I have like three Lon'qu's with Vantage that she can inherit. 37 Spe is average but 51 Atk isn't. Still, I lose Dragon coverage and the only compromise I can think of is getting a Julia, which might give me a flier weakness.

All in all I think your team 1 you suggested is my best bet. But until I finish my next run this question will still be up in the air, if anyone else can help answer it. Again, thank you very much for your suggestion!

Also, Smelldigan. Not gonna lie I'm a sucker for puns.

Just want to say it right now. Takumi may be the bane of my entire Heroes existence. Every time....Every time. If something can go wrong, it will. And when it does, it's almost always Takumi.

Just now, Effies_Home said:

Just want to say it right now. Takumi may be the bane of my entire Heroes existence. Every time....Every time. If something can go wrong, it will. And when it does, it's almost always Takumi.

Hahaha. Praise be to Pineapple Jesus. Tbh I never really had too much trouble with him in Arena, but given his prevalence (and the Vantage memes incoming a few hours from now), it's never a bad idea to prepare for him. Pretty sure Effie stomps him hard though, eats lightsaber arrows for breakfast with Wary Fighter lol.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hahaha. Praise be to Pineapple Jesus. Tbh I never really had too much trouble with him in Arena, but given his prevalence (and the Vantage memes incoming a few hours from now), it's never a bad idea to prepare for him. Pretty sure Effie stomps him hard though, eats lightsaber arrows for breakfast with Wary Fighter lol.

Oh of course. But Effie eats everything for breakfast. Literally sometimes just send her right into the maw of the enemy team. Watch as she just takes everything they throw at her and just stomps them into the dirt. 

In all seriousness, Takumi can be a real threat. Even if you close the distance with a fast unit, anything that can't take him down with the first hit is probably a lost cause.

2 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

Effie eats the weapon triangle etc. Also bows.

In all seriousness, Takumi can be a real threat. Even if you close the distance with a fast unit, anything that can't take him down with the first hit is probably a lost cause.

Guys I figured it out.

To beat Takumi you need

Spoiler

Another Takumi

I see where you're coming from, though. Klein getting the ORKO on Takumi is vital because neutral and +Spe ORKO him back. Takumi having natural bulk (25 or 29 Def usually) meant Klein needed buffs from Olivia and occasionally Lucina before he checked him safely in my games. Back when I didn't have him though it was crucial to avoid letting a Takumi get free hits on the tank, because Vengeance damage stacks very quickly. Like Hector, he forces trades if you lack a Brave unit.

Speaking of trades, earlier today Lucina was forced into a trade to one-round an enemy Takumi, who had Vengeance ready. She survived, albeit with 1 HP. Scary stuff right there.

Like I said before though now that Vantage Takumi is going to be a thing in a matter of hours I think there will be legitimate concern for the imbalance he might cause in the Arena meta. Hopefully there's some counterplay for it besides Braves.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Guys I figured it out.

To beat Takumi you need

Hide contents

Another Takumi

I see where you're coming from, though. Klein getting the ORKO on Takumi is vital because neutral and +Spe ORKO him back. Takumi having natural bulk (25 or 29 Def usually) meant Klein needed buffs from Olivia and occasionally Lucina before he checked him safely in my games. Back when I didn't have him though it was crucial to avoid letting a Takumi get free hits on the tank, because Vengeance damage stacks very quickly. Like Hector, he forces trades if you lack a Brave unit.

Speaking of trades, earlier today Lucina was forced into a trade to one-round an enemy Takumi, who had Vengeance ready. She survived, albeit with 1 HP. Scary stuff right there.

Like I said before though now that Vantage Takumi is going to be a thing in a matter of hours I think there will be legitimate concern for the imbalance he might cause in the Arena meta. Hopefully there's some counterplay for it besides Braves.

The only way I seem to be able to bit him low-risk is to isolate him and one-two him. A 2-1 limits the amount of damage one takes, but now you have two heroes taking damage. Pretty much, Effie is the only direct counter I have to him, and she needs to get close.

1 minute ago, Effies_Home said:

The only way I seem to be able to bit him low-risk is to isolate him and one-two him. A 2-1 limits the amount of damage one takes, but now you have two heroes taking damage. Pretty much, Effie is the only direct counter I have to him, and she needs to get close.

That puts it into perspective for me. He can be problematic if the player lack an easy out to him. But that's the mark of a top-tier, I suppose.

I'm new here and a bit worried about derailing this thread so if you want to keep talking this over (I'd love to) then PM would be nice.

Hello, just need some clarifications about buffs.

Does Rally speed or Hone Speed stack with Darting blow? And if it does, will it also stack with Spur Speed?

(I.e. Base speed = 25, add Rally Speed + 4= 29, then unit attacks with Darting Blow beside an ally with Spur speed adding 6 + 4, respectively; will this equal to a total of 39 speed?)

Thanks in advance! :):

7 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

How can I go fast???

Thanks in advance! :):

Rally / Hone don't stack with each other, but they stack with Blow Skills (the stronger effect between a Hone and a Rally takes precedence) but multiple Spurs of the same name can stack with a Blow Skill. So the example you posted would be the correct speed.

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

I tried to use Kindled Fire Balm on an ally after buffing him with Rally Attack. It doesn't seem to stack, what do stack? 

Kindled fire balm is essentially rally Attack, so it doesn't stack with another rally Attack 

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I tried to use Kindled Fire Balm on an ally after buffing him with Rally Attack. It doesn't seem to stack, what do stack? 

See above. Listed buffs (buffed stats appear in blue and when tapped show Buff: +X) don't stack with each other. However, Blow and Spur skils (even multiple instances of the same Spur) can stack with a buff. However, a boost from a Spur or Blow is only reflected in the combat forecast and not on your character's stats.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by MrSmokestack

34 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Rally / Hone don't stack with each other, but they stack with Blow Skills (the stronger effect between a Hone and a Rally takes precedence) but multiple Spurs of the same name can stack with a Blow Skill. So the example you posted would be the correct speed.

Splendid! Thank you very much! :^_^:

17 hours ago, Falcom said:

Welp, since eclipse locked up my thread. I might as well ask the same question here instead. Who should I promote to 5*? Not because that unit is good, but that unit is what you want me to use.

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.a81c28a8babbf3210313643b112b58bb.jpg

As for what I think of each character:

Highest Priority (Characters I want the most): Felicia, Nino, Roy

High Priority (Characters I would be happy to have): Eirika, Seliph, Frederick, Cain

Medium Priority (Characters that I can settle with): Eliwood, Marth, Odin, Arthur, Setsuna

Low Priority (Characters that I'm somewhat worried with): Effie, Jagen, Nowi, Azama, Draug, Corrin

Lowest Priority (Well...): Peri

People who have voted cannot vote again as per usual. I'm also a bit sad this had to happen but so be it.

No, we're NOT doing polls for this.  Just take some helpful advice and move on with your life.

That being said, Nino has the strongest case for your team, in place of Lachesis.  More Hone Atk is never a bad thing!