"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Does any1 have any recommendation on grinding staff/healer users? As much I don't like Clarine, I rather take advantage of the 1.5 exp boost right now.

Use Pain, Poison Strike, Deathly Dagger, or Savage Blow to deal non-lethal damage, then finish with the staff-user you are training. Also, make sure you have Assault equipped for more damage.

Dagger-users can help by debuffing enemies' Res, as can anyone with Threaten Res.

Does anyone have tips on how to do the sword user quest for Lunatic 9-3? It's the only one I haven't beaten yet.

My best units are: Hector, Effie, Tharja, Chrom, Cain, Abel, Catria, and Camilla. No matter what I try, someone always dies. The map is difficult to work around.

3 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Does anyone have tips on how to do the sword user quest for Lunatic 9-3? It's the only one I haven't beaten yet.

My best units are: Hector, Effie, Tharja, Chrom, Cain, Abel, Catria, and Camilla. No matter what I try, someone always dies. The map is difficult to work around.

That's the one with Ursula right?

I found that map much easier with a dancer, picking off units prematurely before Ursula gets too close to your team. What are your stat spreads on your units? That would help quite a bit in determining what exactly you should do, but off the top of my head I can suggest a team of Hector / Catria / Tharja / Camilla. Camilla can usually take a hit from Ursula so it's a matter of dealing with the sword cavalier and the green cavalier with Catria / Hector respectively.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's the one with Ursula right?

I found that map much easier with a dancer, picking off units prematurely before Ursula gets too close to your team. What are your stat spreads on your units? That would help quite a bit in determining what exactly you should do, but off the top of my head I can suggest a team of Hector / Catria / Tharja / Camilla. Camilla can usually take a hit from Ursula so it's a matter of dealing with the sword cavalier and the green cavalier with Catria / Hector respectively.

Correct. Unfortunately my Hector is +Res -Atk, but I have Vantage 3 on him. Tharja is +Def -HP, Catria is +Res -Spd, and Camilla is +Atk -Def.

... Yeah, my luck with boon/bane is terrible. Also, I need at least one sword user on my team to complete the quest.

Edited by Tragonight

Just now, Tragonight said:

Correct. Unfortunately my Hector is +Atk -Res, but I have Vantage 3 on him. Tharja is +Def -HP, Catria is +Res -Spd, and Camilla is +Atk -Def.

... Yeah, my luck with boon/bane is terrible. Also, I need at least one sword user on my team to complete the quest, so I won't be able to use the team you suggested.

My bad, didn't read your question completely.

Do you have any red swords that are faster than Chrom? If you have Olivia, she would be preferred because she still fulfills the sword requirement and offers dance support.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My bad, didn't read your question completely.

Do you have any red swords that are faster than Chrom? If you have Olivia, she would be preferred because she still fulfills the sword requirement and offers dance support.

There's Cain, but he only has 27 speed and a pitiful 37 attack compared to Chrom's 56.

I only have a 3* Olivia (+Spd -Atk) that's level 26. I didn't really train her much because I was really hoping to pull an Azura/Ninian.

Edited by Tragonight

Speaking of the lunatic ch 9 survival quests.... Does anyone know if using a Light's Blessing allows you to bypass the requirement of no one dying? Like... will the game be tricked by everyone being alive at the end....??

If we're not sure I might test this for myself lol... I've got enough LBs saved up to give it a shot I think....

Just now, BANRYU said:

Does anyone know if using a Light's Blessing allows you to bypass the requirement of no one dying?

It will if you use one before everybody dies and you get offered to use one automatically.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It will if you use one before everybody dies and you get offered to use one automatically.

oh yeah naturally, I should have specified as much... still, that is good to know as well. 

goodgoodgood >:3 time for some cheeeeeeese.

4 hours ago, Tragonight said:

Bring Olivia.  Assuming she's at a high enough level, she can take a hit from the sword cavalier, and live.  Plus, dancer utility is nice.

My strategy involved ORKOing the axe armor with Cherche on turn 1, so I don't think I'll be much help.  Sorry!

Not even a FEH question.. more of a personal thing.

Why does Jaffar gets deathly dagger and Saizo cannot even get inherit that?

On paper (based on both games) ... Saizo = Jaffar.

Saizo is Lord Ryoma retainer.. literally if not .. the strongest retainer (him or Kagero)
-- Laslow/Peri doesnt even come close since they are new to Nohr

Who's stronger than retainer other than Prince/Princess (2/4/5)... even then its arguable. Yeah not Iago.

Jaffar is a 4 Fang. In otherword.. about the same level of Linus/Lloyd/Ursula. A solid general.

On paper ... they seem about equally strong.. making Saizo should be able to do what Jaffar does.

Not sure if this is the right topic, but... is Desperation a good skill for a 5-star Sharena to have? Not sure how often that would come up in the arena (considering I already have Nino to take care of blues), but I'm struggling to think of a better B skill for her (plus, that extra Shanna can give her Chilling Wind as a bonus).

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Wait, does that mean I can have 3 units die, use a Light's Blessing, clear the map (with all of them still alive) and then it would count as completion for the quest?

28 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Wait, does that mean I can have 3 units die, use a Light's Blessing, clear the map (with all of them still alive) and then it would count as completion for the quest?

Yeah, it's how I did most of mine. (Not like I was using them for anything else.)

28 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Why I earth did I not think of this lol. I could have just done one, cause I only had two units left. I will need more Light's Blessings, though.

5 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Question, if I teach Jaffar Poison Strike, will the 10 damage from that stack on to the 7 damage from his weapon? If so, is that overkill lol?

Apparently, yes. I don't know if that's overkill, though. It depends on how much damage you're dealing otherwise.

3 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Not even a FEH question.. more of a personal thing.

Why does Jaffar gets deathly dagger and Saizo cannot even get inherit that?

On paper (based on both games) ... Saizo = Jaffar.

Saizo is Lord Ryoma retainer.. literally if not .. the strongest retainer (him or Kagero)
-- Laslow/Peri doesnt even come close since they are new to Nohr

Who's stronger than retainer other than Prince/Princess (2/4/5)... even then its arguable. Yeah not Iago.

Jaffar is a 4 Fang. In otherword.. about the same level of Linus/Lloyd/Ursula. A solid general.

On paper ... they seem about equally strong.. making Saizo should be able to do what Jaffar does.

It's because things got lost in translation. Jaffar's title in Japanese is "Shinigami", which was localized as "Angel of Death". The Deathly Dagger's name in Japanese is "Shinigami's Dagger", and "Angel of Death's Dagger" doesn't quite fit in the space available. It was clearly meant to be a personal weapon.

7 minutes ago, CrimsonRaven said:

Anyone know if there are differences for 5* and 5* focus aside from the weapons?

There are no differences at all between a natural non-focus 5-star character and a 5-star focus character other than the probability of pulling the character.

The difference between a natural 5-star and a promoted 5-star is that the promoted 5-star still needs to spend SP to learn skills that are already learned by the natural 5-star version.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference between a natural 5-star and a promoted 5-star is that the promoted 5-star still needs to spend SP to learn skills that are already learned by the natural 5-star version.

True, but I think you'll probably wind up with more than enough SP to compensate, if you raise them, even from 4*, especially if you go to level 40.  For instance, my level 40 4* Catria has 206 extra SP, with only 460 SP worth left to get at 5* between two Skills.

Have there been anymore datamines?  Any news on what the April Quests might be?  No big deal, but I could get a head start on training the designated unit (Felicia, Hana, etc.)

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Have there been anymore datamines?  Any news on what the April Quests might be?  No big deal, but I could get a head start on training the designated unit (Felicia, Hana, etc.)

It's not really possible to get new datamined information without a game client update.

As far as I can tell based on the timing of when we get datamine leaks and the content of that informmation, all of it comes from the game client.

6 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Not sure if this is the right topic, but... is Desperation a good skill for a 5-star Sharena to have? Not sure how often that would come up in the arena (considering I already have Nino to take care of blues), but I'm struggling to think of a better B skill for her (plus, that extra Shanna can give her Chilling Wind as a bonus).

The deal with Desperation in general is that the faster your unit is, the more use they can get out of it. I feel like there is probably a better B-skill she could use but offhand, not sure what exactly. My best suggestions: 

• B Tomebreaker / Lancebreaker would increase her offensive/defensive coverage on blues (BTB keeps +Spd Linde from doubling her, most notably, though admittedly that's probably overly specific)
  • Obstruct: a rarely-used choice for most units, but with Fensalir's built-in Threaten Atk 2 this might be a good way of getting use out of that and defending fragile teammates like Nino
  • Renewal: synergizes decently with Fensalir's effect and lets her tank better; another option is Quick Riposte + Sol/Noontime for her proc
  • Wings of Mercy / Escape Route let her jump to allies to emergency Rally I guess....?

Honestly Obstruct is the option I like best lol though that might just be my natural attraction to gimmicks and/or less popular strategies. 

Out of the following options, what would you folks consider to be the best natures?

• For Corrin-F, the options are: [Neutral], [+HP, -Def], [+Atk, -Res], [+Def, -Spd], and [+Spd, -Res], all currently at 3*.  If you want to distinguish between a preferable defensive and offensive build, feel free.
  • For Tiki-Adult, the options are: [+HP, -Atk] at 4*, [+HP, -Def] at 3*, [+HP, -Res] at 3*, [+Atk, -Res] at 3*, and [+Def, -Spd] at 4*.  Again, feel free to select a good defensive nature and a good offensive nature if you want.

I likely will not be dabbling in Skill Inheritance anytime soon (if at all), so factor that in to your analysis if it is applicable.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

The deal with Desperation in general is that the faster your unit is, the more use they can get out of it. I feel like there is probably a better B-skill she could use but offhand, not sure what exactly. My best suggestions: 

• B Tomebreaker / Lancebreaker would increase her offensive/defensive coverage on blues (BTB keeps +Spd Linde from doubling her, most notably, though admittedly that's probably overly specific)
  • Obstruct: a rarely-used choice for most units, but with Fensalir's built-in Threaten Atk 2 this might be a good way of getting use out of that and defending fragile teammates like Nino
  • Renewal: synergizes decently with Fensalir's effect and lets her tank better; another option is Quick Riposte + Sol/Noontime for her proc
  • Wings of Mercy / Escape Route let her jump to allies to emergency Rally I guess....?

Honestly Obstruct is the option I like best lol though that might just be my natural attraction to gimmicks and/or less popular strategies. 

I personally like either Lancebreaker or Renewal best on her. She already destroys reds, so Swordbreaker may be overkill (still an option though). Lancebreaker, as BANRYU said, helps her a lot against other blues (most notably it helps her win Sharena mirror matches and lets her ignore Effie's Wary Fighter) while Renewal helps with sustain. So decide based on whether you want her to be more offensive or defensive. 

39 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

Out of the following options, what would you folks consider to be the best natures?

• For Corrin-F, the options are: [Neutral], [+HP, -Def], [+Atk, -Res], [+Def, -Spd], and [+Spd, -Res], all currently at 3*.  If you want to distinguish between a preferable defensive and offensive build, feel free.
  • For Tiki-Adult, the options are: [+HP, -Atk] at 4*, [+HP, -Def] at 3*, [+HP, -Res] at 3*, [+Atk, -Res] at 3*, and [+Def, -Spd] at 4*.  Again, feel free to select a good defensive nature and a good offensive nature if you want.

I likely will not be dabbling in Skill Inheritance anytime soon (if at all), so factor that in to your analysis if it is applicable.

I think +Atk, -Res or +Spd, -Res is the best nature on Corrin (you can run specific calculations on the calculator @Sias posted to see what +Atk lets her ORKO that she didn't before and what +Spd lets her double or not get doubled by that wouldn't normally be the case)

For Tiki, I'd again say either +HP, -Res or +Atk, -Res. 

EDIT: This is a mass calculator that you may find helpful 

http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/

Edited by MaskedAmpharos