"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Question, if I teach Jaffar Poison Strike, will the 10 damage from that stack on to the 7 damage from his weapon? If so, is that overkill lol?

I would say yes to the overkill.  With it, he's going to do 17 damage after combat insuring someone will go down to one health.  The problem is, most of the time you want to weaken a unit for one of your other units to go in for the kill.  First off, this wastes two movements when if you had someone effective against that unit you could have killed him with one movement.  Second, -10 health really isn't that much.  If you're attacking someone like Hector of Effie Jaffar is going to do near0x2 damage + 17 damage.  That knight is going to have a ton of HP left so it doesn't really help.  If you're attacking a less-tanky unit, jaffar is going to attack at least once (twice most of the time) and do another 7 damage on top.  Odds are, that unit is going to be weak enough for your unit to go in for the kill.  It can be useful, but very situational. 

46 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

Out of the following options, what would you folks consider to be the best natures?

• For Corrin-F, the options are: [Neutral], [+HP, -Def], [+Atk, -Res], [+Def, -Spd], and [+Spd, -Res], all currently at 3*.  If you want to distinguish between a preferable defensive and offensive build, feel free.
  • For Tiki-Adult, the options are: [+HP, -Atk] at 4*, [+HP, -Def] at 3*, [+HP, -Res] at 3*, [+Atk, -Res] at 3*, and [+Def, -Spd] at 4*.  Again, feel free to select a good defensive nature and a good offensive nature if you want.

I likely will not be dabbling in Skill Inheritance anytime soon (if at all), so factor that in to your analysis if it is applicable.

For corrin, +Spd -res.  She has ok speed so extra speed will ensure she never gets doubled which is more important than being able to take a hit (taking 1 bad hit vs two slightly better bad hits).  The -spd will make her get doubled a lot more often which isn't worth the def increase.  +HP, -Def is also an option if you want a more neutral corrin but this is better than Neutral because it makes her survive mages more easily and the +hp -def is kind of a wash for physical attackers. 
I've noticed my Corrin is really more tanky than she is an attacker.  This is because mages are available which are often glass cannons that can attack from two spaces which can be used for attackers (corrin does magic damage) while corrin will have to go up to the unit and often take a hit even if she kills that unit. 

Adult Tiki has speed problems.  If she were really tanky, I'd say the -sp would be great but she really can't afford to be doubled by everyone.  I'd agree with MaskedAmpharos.  Either make her an attacker or make her a defensive unit depending if your team comp is having trouble killing greens or not.

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does the app ask you to download an update every time you open it and it refreshes or is that just me? ive had to download like three updates today

1 minute ago, claire said:

does the app ask you to download an update every time you open it and it refreshes or is that just me? ive had to download like three updates today

It shouldn't?  How big is the update?

Just now, eclipse said:

It shouldn't?  How big is the update?

around 440 MB, im wondering if it has to do with the fact that my phone's storage is almost full or something

Just now, claire said:

around 440 MB, im wondering if it has to do with the fact that my phone's storage is almost full or something

Probably.  Try deleting some stuff and then download the update.

45 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

I've got 2 chroms, both 4-stars, with +spd/-atk and +def/-res natures. Which one is the better investment?

I feel like +Spd/-Atk is slightly more worth it just because he gets +4 Spd rather than +3, and even a small Spd increase tends to go a long way. It won't make him double too much, but it probably would save him from being doubled a fair amount. So it probably helps him tank better than +Def. I'm no expert on this though, so maybe someone else wants to chip in if I'm somehow giving bad advice here.

49 minutes ago, Omegaprism said:

I've got 2 chroms, both 4-stars, with +spd/-atk and +def/-res natures. Which one is the better investment?

Honestly, neither.  Chrom really needs his Atk (even if he likes +Spd), and while +Def/-Res isn't the end of the world, you can do better!  Still, if you absolutely, positively want to use one, +Def/-Res.

I personally feel like Chrom's most suited for a 'One Punch' build, that is, to completely annihilate things with his crazy 37 base atk. (40 with an Atk boon).

+Atk, Death Blow 3 Chrom with Falchion, for example, would one shot neutral Nowi from full. (Nowi has +3 def as a default skill, however, so most would live with 3 hp---bring a chipper.)

Even with a spd boon, 29 speed gets him doubled by most of the high-tiers.

+Atk DB 3 Chrom with Brave Sword+ is also disgusting.

tl;dr Chrom doesn't care about speed, Def is nice, res less so (he murders mages), hp meh, Atk great.

5 hours ago, Lushen said:

For corrin, +Spd -res.  She has ok speed so extra speed will ensure she never gets doubled which is more important than being able to take a hit (taking 1 bad hit vs two slightly better bad hits).  The -spd will make her get doubled a lot more often which isn't worth the def increase.  +HP, -Def is also an option if you want a more neutral corrin but this is better than Neutral because it makes her survive mages more easily and the +hp -def is kind of a wash for physical attackers. 
I've noticed my Corrin is really more tanky than she is an attacker.  This is because mages are available which are often glass cannons that can attack from two spaces which can be used for attackers (corrin does magic damage) while corrin will have to go up to the unit and often take a hit even if she kills that unit. 

Adult Tiki has speed problems.  If she were really tanky, I'd say the -sp would be great but she really can't afford to be doubled by everyone.  I'd agree with MaskedAmpharos.  Either make her an attacker or make her a defensive unit depending if your team comp is having trouble killing greens or not.

Yeah, I do very much like that extra security that +Spd offers on Corrin (see below).  Thanks for turning me on to +HP, -Def Corrin, and turning me way off of -Spd Tiki (she gets doubled by some very nasty units, including Julia, Lilina, Nowi, Sanaki, Chrom, and Ephraim).

5 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think +Atk, -Res or +Spd, -Res is the best nature on Corrin (you can run specific calculations on the calculator @Sias posted to see what +Atk lets her ORKO that she didn't before and what +Spd lets her double or not get doubled by that wouldn't normally be the case)

For Tiki, I'd again say either +HP, -Res or +Atk, -Res. 

EDIT: This is a mass calculator that you may find helpful 

http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/

If I'm reading the chart correctly, +Spd Corrin is safe from being doubled by every un-boosted unit except for +Spd Lon'qu (notably "protecting" her from +Spd Anna, Lyn, Linde, Lucina, and Nino), which is music to my ears. Likewise, she picks up doubles on a few notable units, including neutral Kagero, Young-Tiki, Roy, Sharena, Camilla, and Elise.  I'll check up in the morning if +Atk gets any really cool 1rkos, but +Spd looks slightly more tempting atm.

As for Tiki, Tiki-Young seems to outclass her as an offensive unit (and possibly a defensive unit as well), but it's good to know that -Res is the way to go.

Thank you both for your help :D: 

3 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I feel like +Spd/-Atk is slightly more worth it just because he gets +4 Spd rather than +3, and even a small Spd increase tends to go a long way. It won't make him double too much, but it probably would save him from being doubled a fair amount. So it probably helps him tank better than +Def. I'm no expert on this though, so maybe someone else wants to chip in if I'm somehow giving bad advice here.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Honestly, neither.  Chrom really needs his Atk (even if he likes +Spd), and while +Def/-Res isn't the end of the world, you can do better!  Still, if you absolutely, positively want to use one, +Def/-Res.

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

tl;dr Chrom doesn't care about speed, Def is nice, res less so (he murders mages), hp meh, Atk great.

Hm, dang. I was kinda leaning towards the +spd Chrom, but now I'm totally on the fence. I suppose I'll just hold onto both and pray to the RNGods for a +Atk nature in the future. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

Are Michalis' one is the only Grand Hero Battle map that is actually based on maps of previous games, or Ursula, Robin or Narcian's are also based on previous games? 

This thread might be of relevance to your question.

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Are Michalis' one is the only Grand Hero Battle map that is actually based on maps of previous games, or Ursula, Robin or Narcian's are also based on previous games? 

Literally every single map in the entire game (all story, all paralogues, all GHBs) have been based on maps of previous games except for the Prologue/Tutorial. 

On 3/25/2017 at 3:57 AM, BANRYU said:

It's probably Abel either way TBH. My Nino needs buffers, and that means I need more units with Hones/Fortifies/Rallies haha. My hope was for Kagero to get Fortify Def and Abel to get Hone Speed but Kagero needs the Reciprocal Aid that comes with HS from Matthew, so it's probably Abel getting whatever from Fred. I THINK he could put Luna to pretty good use, and from what I've calc'd having that many buffs on Nino might be a bit overkill (Atk and Spd is all she really needs to kill most things) but who knows maybe she could actually land some red kills with even more buffs lol. I'll have to try some calcs on that front. 

So far she's killed Chrom, Marth, Lucina, Seliph, and a few others I forgot with LoD2 and just Atk/Spd. I think Lucina was just Atk, even. Neutral Atk, +Spd. Usually +Atk/Spd gives something around the ballpark of 25x2. I think I needed to use Rally Def once for Young Tiki because she was 2 HP short.

Sometimes I drag in the +Def to get a clean oneshot on Nowi just for hilarity's sake.

I want to run some calcs to see if maximally buffed Nino can kill Roy, lol

Ryoma's a lost cause though he'll just oneshot her and she wont' get a second hit in

Edit: wow I did not look at timestamps

Edited by Thor Odinson

So here's what's happening. I have 30,000 feathers. I got 20,000 at the end of February and since then I've been standing, jumping, flipping, fussing, and fidgeting around with who to spend them on. The thing is I'm not sure what to do. I have a 5 star blue unit, I have a 5 star red unit. I have a neutral but it's Jaffar and I'd prefer to have a dependable bow user on my team. So I don't have a 5 star bow or a five star green.

Unlike some of the people who ply this game, I don't really care about any particular character (except Ike a little but but that's from playing customs on Smash). I'm not really saving my orbs for one thing, instead I do as some others do and summon as soon as I get 20 unless I've already gotten a five star and don't want to feed the percantages. The reason why is because I want to get as many candidates as possible before I spend my feathers.

My question is the ultimate question. The most important any player can make.

Who do I five star?

all my green units and one token bow user:

Nino: Four stars +Atk/-Def. Pretty Banging Nature if you ask me. I have Sharena for ultimate bufferoo strats. I'd have to give Someone Fortify resistance cause I ain't usin Sophia. I also have rally speed from Seliph so I can seriously do some wicked damage.

Anna: Four stars (of course). I decked her out because, she is my baby. Gave her Draw back and attack +3. She'd have 48 attack at max level and if she's buffed she'll reach 52 which is absolutely filthy. I opted for attack +3 over fury or Life and death because Anna doesn't need damage or even less defenses; She needs to pack more of a wallop before she dies (to me anyway). Draw back has also saved quite a few lives.

Michalis: Four stars w/ over 600 SP and all skills unlocked. Michalis can do some extremely filthy filth with that extra SP which is why he is such a good option for me. Also might opt to give him Lancebreaker from Narcy for basically a slightly slower, higher attack version of Narshen, with more defense and less resistance. Not too sure for the defensive skill but I'll see about that in the skill inheritance discussion. His resistance is a serious kick in the nose. Homeboy doesn't even take hits from Blue mages and he has advantage against them. 

Narcian: Four stars w/ 344 SP. His SP is pretty poop :/. But I like him a lot. I can give him speed +3 or darting blow for the speed which at 5 star is his only issue (to me). His resistance is decent, his defense is nice. Fair amount of health. He's just a good all around unit. Except for his attack which is just a depressing disappointment. His attack stat is one reason why I might go for michalis instead. It's just so "yeesh". 

Gordin, the token bow user: +Spd/-Hp. Such an enormous disappointment, with his nature in particular. He's excellent at doing what bow users do best, Chip and brutally slaughter flying units. His -Hp is a real reap real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real real pain in the neck. Like I think have arthiritis. So many moments where he could have lived if he had just a little more health :(. Another thing that's good is his defense, though. 32 defense at 5 stars ain't half bad. Unfortunately he's gonna get doubled by everyone and their mother.

So what to do my friends?

It's too bad ax users seem to always have no speed or no resistance or both.

It's also too bad all bow users don't have close counter hee hee

Edited by Arcanite

22 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Wow. That just asks for some smexy Vantage abuse.

"Abuse" is a bit much when mages exist, but that certainly does sound like a promising combination. 

EDIT: @Arcanite I'd say it depends on your current team. If you don't already have magic damage then Nino, and if you do then Anna. If memory serves, your blue 5* is Robin, so Anna is certainly an option. 

I personally prefer Nino either way (and if you can buff her then even moreso), but I also recall you liking Anna quite a lot, which should honestly be an important deciding factor. 

In the end, I'll say that either Nino or Anna works, but I'd personally pick between those two. 

Double EDIT: Also can I just say that I love the way you talk? So much personality shines through, and it's quite entertaining to read. Meanwhile I'm too afraid to let loose on a forum I just joined, so I come off as a bit bland and robotic probably RIP. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

21 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

"Abuse" is a bit much when mages exist, but that certainly does sound like a promising combination. 

EDIT: @Arcanite I'd say it depends on your current team. If you don't already have magic damage then Nino, and if you do then Anna. If memory serves, your blue 5* is Robin, so Anna is certainly an option. 

I personally prefer Nino either way (and if you can buff her then even moreso), but I also recall you liking Anna quite a lot, which should honestly be an important deciding factor. 

In the end, I'll say that either Nino or Anna works, but I'd personally pick between those two. 

Double EDIT: Also can I just say that I love the way you talk? So much personality shines through, and it's quite entertaining to read. Meanwhile I'm too afraid to let loose on a forum I just joined, so I come off as a bit bland and robotic probably RIP. 

Yes my five star blue is your boy Robin. I'm was only hesitating on Anna because she can't take a hit for crap. But when I was raising Nino from a young 3 star, I was slowly realizing her potential. They say not to catch feelings but she's sooooooooo good. She looks like tough competition for baby gurl number 5. 

I hardly even count Robin as a tome user because his attack is so yuck. My Robin is -res/+Hp for maximum sword user longevity. Now Nino is a serious tome user. She has the speed, she has the resistance, and she has the attack. 

And yes I try my best to make my posts as cheerful as possible. Typing straight sentences with just periods and perfect language and punctuation without personality just makes me sound like a robot with an attitude drier than the Sahara!

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And the answer is Sharena. Otherwise, Mike.

As I was typing Anna's tidbits, I had a feeling you would say something like this

Spoiler

Not gonna lie though, Sharena is looking pretty tasty as a spear user. Too bad Oboro takes top priority as you can see by my picture. My Oboro has 864 SP saved up and I'm planning on turning her into the most disgusting (yet amazingly good-looking) thing you'll ever see. She may as well be Effie that can move 2 spaces!

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

And yes I try my best to make my posts as cheerful as possible. Typing straight sentences with just periods and perfect language and punctuation without personality just makes me sound like a robot with an attitude drier than the Sahara!

Why you gotta call me out like this.

Hide contents

Not gonna lie though, Sharena is looking pretty tasty as a spear user. Too bad Oboro takes top priority as you can see by my picture. My Oboro has 864 SP saved up and I'm planning on turning her into the most disgusting (yet amazingly good-looking) thing you'll ever see. She may as well be Effie that can move 2 spaces!

On one hand, I admire your dedication to Oboro. On the other..."she may as well be Effie that can move two spaces" is a bit much when neutral Oboro has about the same spd as +Spd Effie but without the Wary Fighter. A big part of Effie's bulk is just the fact that she can't be doubled by anything at full health, which Oboro wouldn't be able to claim. (Don't let me stop me from making her the most badass lancer this side of Askr though)

@MaskedAmpharos Too bad my Oboro is -Spd. HEH HEH. heh 

Yeah . . . . . . . . 

Any who I'm still not convinced. I want to be 300 million% sure before I 5 star any of them. Right now the top three candidates are Michalis Anna and Nino. I need facts! I need statistics! I need teh logicz!

3 minutes ago, Shem said:

Is there a downside to using shards/crystals for leveling? 

Do you think we will be able to sell/trade things in the future? 

You lose the 3 sp per kill you get from leveling and the general fun of the game but otherwise nah.