"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

12 minutes ago, Shem said:

Is there a downside to using shards/crystals for leveling? 

Do you think we will be able to sell/trade things in the future? 

You get less SP overall if you level wth shards/crystals instead of manually since you also get some SP per kill. That's probably the biggest downside, so if you don't care about SP, then there's no real difference.

As for trading, I just want to be able to do something with all my excess badges tbh. Whether that's trading them in for feathers or SP or whatever else.

EDIT: @Arcanite What's your current team, usually? That would help a lot. I know Lyn and Robin, but that's it. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You get less SP overall if you level wth shards/crystals instead of manually since you also get some SP per kill. That's probably the biggest downside, so if you don't care about SP, then there's no real difference.

As for trading, I just want to be able to do something with all my excess badges tbh. Whether that's trading them in for feathers or SP or whatever else.

EDIT: @Arcanite What's your current team, usually? That would help a lot. I know Lyn and Robin, but that's it. 

The main arena team/defense team is:

Lyn (+hp/-def) as the stereotypical sword user

Robin (+hp/-res) to combat the stereotypical sword user and WTA against the bows

Anna for opposing blues and draw back shenanigans. Also works as a really good sack when someone has to die, heh

Gordin for fliers, chip, and also a pretty good sack.

Just now, Arcanite said:

The main arena team/defense team is:

Lyn (+hp/-def) as the stereotypical sword user

Robin (+hp/-res) to combat the stereotypical sword user and WTA against the bows

Anna for opposing blues and draw back shenanigans. Also works as a really good sack when someone has to die, heh

Gordin for fliers, chip, and also a pretty good sack.

I mean if you already have Anna on your team you may as well 5* her.

Though I love Nino and am a heavy advocate for her damage potential, I feel like she doesn't quite mesh onto your team, which is rather barren as far as buffs go. Sure, you could add in Sharena and Seliph like you said, and that's certainly an option if you wanted to completely change your team (Sharena's quite a solid unit herself). 

Anna seems to fit best right now since a) she already fits on your team and b) you don't have buffs for Nino.

Also Michalis wouldn't be a particularly good option on your team because his main specialty is tanking hits on the physical side, not so much magical, which your team struggles more with. If you replaced Anna with Michalis (and if you choose Michalis I'd definitely replace Anna, not take two green units to Arena), your team wouldn't be able to deal with blue mages (Linde especially, since she easily deals with Robin) and manaketes very well. Anna, on the other hand, has high speed and high res, so she'd at least be able to tank a hit from a blue mage/dragon and hit back. 

51 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@MaskedAmpharos Too bad my Oboro is -Spd. HEH HEH. heh 

Yeah . . . . . . . . 

Any who I'm still not convinced. I want to be 300 million% sure before I 5 star any of them. Right now the top three candidates are Michalis Anna and Nino. I need facts! I need statistics! I need teh logicz!

You lose the 3 sp per kill you get from leveling and the general fun of the game but otherwise nah.

Yeah, I'll feel guilty for cutting corners. Same with buying orbs. It loses it's appeal if it becomes easy. 

But it's not like using rare candies, where you get bad stats, so I guess it's alright. 

5 minutes ago, Shem said:

But it's not like using rare candies, where you get bad stats, so I guess it's alright. 

I mean, once you've finished EV training a pokemon, there's no downside at all to using rare candies.

But no, there's no difference in stat gains between leveling manually and leveling with shards/crystals. 

22 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean if you already have Anna on your team you may as well 5* her.

Though I love Nino and am a heavy advocate for her damage potential, I feel like she doesn't quite mesh onto your team, which is rather barren as far as buffs go. Sure, you could add in Sharena and Seliph like you said, and that's certainly an option if you wanted to completely change your team (Sharena's quite a solid unit herself). 

Anna seems to fit best right now since a) she already fits on your team and b) you don't have buffs for Nino.

Also Michalis wouldn't be a particularly good option on your team because his main specialty is tanking hits on the physical side, not so much magical, which your team struggles more with. If you replaced Anna with Michalis (and if you choose Michalis I'd definitely replace Anna, not take two green units to Arena), your team wouldn't be able to deal with blue mages (Linde especially, since she easily deals with Robin) and manaketes very well. Anna, on the other hand, has high speed and high res, so she'd at least be able to tank a hit from a blue mage/dragon and hit back. 

Anna at 5 stars is a good way to round my team out. I would have 2 resistance tanks (Anna and Lyn), 2 physical tanks, 2 People with a ton of speed, 3 people with spur effects, and near perfect coverage (I get doodlebangered by Hector and others pretty badly). You really put things into perspective for me but I still want a second (or more) opinion (not that your opinion stinks but I want other points of view besides yours and Vaximillian [who just said Mikey without giving a valid reason, not sure how to feel about that heh]).

So I'll wait 2 hours in case someone else wants to make any suggestions before I lock in  Anna as my final answer.

2 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Probably asked before. Does Alphonse's Fólkvangr  stack with the Defiant Attack 3 passive?

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

Yes

Pretty sure it doesn't. Both are out-of-battle buffs, meaning the higher one should take priority.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Vaximillian [who just said Mikey without giving a valid reason, not sure how to feel about that heh]

Favouritism is as valid an opinion as one backed by logic and calculations, isn't it?

Actually, I've no idea whether Mike will be better than Anna. The man has, like, no resistance, and his speed is not good at all.
He does get his personal 16 Mt killer axe on promotion though for some awesome physical action.

Anna is, to the contrary, fast and resistant but her defences aren't great. The Nóatún means fun with teleporting.
She chops Lindes and Robins like no one's business if she gets to them.

I just like Michalis more because I do. He doesn't govern my luck and thus hasn't been bitchy in that department lately.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pretty sure it doesn't. Both are out-of-battle buffs, meaning the higher one should take priority.

i thought you confirmed that weapon-related buffs stack with same-skill buffs, with your Eliwood Durandal&Death Blow experiment.

Just now, Elieson said:

i thought you confirmed that weapon-related buffs stack with same-skill buffs, with your Eliwood Durandal&Death Blow experiment.

Durandal and Death Blow are both in-battle buffs, though. They stack just like all other in-battle buffs.

Folkvangr and Defiant Atk are both out-of-battle buffs. Out-of-battle buffs never stack.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Durandal and Death Blow are both in-battle buffs, though. They stack just like all other in-battle buffs.

Folkvangr and Defiant Atk are both out-of-battle buffs. Out-of-battle buffs never stack.

Whoops, misinterpreted your notes then during the experiment. Thx for the clarity 

2 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

BUt he could still use like Defiant Speed instead. Reduces the amount of people that double him by a rediculous amount (after he goes below 50% hp)

Yes, yes he can.

Until Sol activates and his HP goes back up above 50%. I still don't know why they gave him that skill.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I just like Michalis more because I do. He doesn't govern my luck and thus hasn't been bitchy in that department lately.

*Triggered*

Hmm if this was the "Stab and Jab at certain characters" thread it absolutely would be so on right now.

Spoiler

1v1 me irl bro.

But now that I do fully understand where you are coming from in your opinions, they will be factored into the final decision.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, yes he can.

Until Sol activates and his HP goes back up above 50%. I still don't know why they gave him that skill.

What skill would you recommend giving him instead?

Actually I'm kind of curious what kind of skillset in general you'd recommend for Alfonse, but you don't have to go through all that trouble unless you want to. I'm content with just an answer to my first question. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Maybe something defensive, like PavGis? He already packs a strong punch, so an offensive skill would mostly be overkill.

@red-and-soullessAs someone who makes frequent use of a Female Corrin, I second what has already been said (+Spd/-Res does sound best), but I do warn to be extra careful around enemy Manaketes (even Tikis). I also recommend you give her Triangle Adept at one point, as it's great against Falchion users.

14 hours ago, BANRYU said:

The deal with Desperation in general is that the faster your unit is, the more use they can get out of it. I feel like there is probably a better B-skill she could use but offhand, not sure what exactly. My best suggestions: 

• B Tomebreaker / Lancebreaker would increase her offensive/defensive coverage on blues (BTB keeps +Spd Linde from doubling her, most notably, though admittedly that's probably overly specific)
  • Obstruct: a rarely-used choice for most units, but with Fensalir's built-in Threaten Atk 2 this might be a good way of getting use out of that and defending fragile teammates like Nino
  • Renewal: synergizes decently with Fensalir's effect and lets her tank better; another option is Quick Riposte + Sol/Noontime for her proc
  • Wings of Mercy / Escape Route let her jump to allies to emergency Rally I guess....?

Honestly Obstruct is the option I like best lol though that might just be my natural attraction to gimmicks and/or less popular strategies. 

13 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally like either Lancebreaker or Renewal best on her. She already destroys reds, so Swordbreaker may be overkill (still an option though). Lancebreaker, as BANRYU said, helps her a lot against other blues (most notably it helps her win Sharena mirror matches and lets her ignore Effie's Wary Fighter) while Renewal helps with sustain. So decide based on whether you want her to be more offensive or defensive.

Cheers, thanks for the tips :^_^: Even if I really can't find a use for Obstruct, though :P: Unfortunately, I don't have extra units with Blue Tomebreaker or Renewal (I wish, though!). I have Lancebreaker 1, but Lances haven't given me trouble.

So, besides Renewal, Wings of Mercy sounds like the best option, actually (I do have a perpetually-injured Lyn in my party), and Frederick/Palla even come with a New Moon.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Actually I'm kind of curious what kind of skillset in general you'd recommend for Alfonse, but you don't have to go through all that trouble unless you want to. I'm content with just an answer to my first question. 

I mean, Sol works; it's just a bit weird. You just need to make sure you hit what you need to hit before Sol triggers.

I'd have to run calcs to see if there are any special skills that give him specific one-round kills or let him reliably survive certain threats.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, Sol works; it's just a bit weird. You just need to make sure you hit what you need to hit before Sol triggers.

I'd have to run calcs to see if there are any special skills that give him specific one-round kills or let him reliably survive certain threats.

Yeah was thinking to see which enemies he can "pull" without dieing but going low enough to get below that 50%. His low speed isn't helping him.

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

@red-and-soullessAs someone who makes frequent use of a Female Corrin, I second what has already been said (+Spd/-Res does sound best), but I do warn to be extra careful around enemy Manaketes (even Tikis). I also recommend you give her Triangle Adept at one point, as it's great against Falchion users.

Yeah, it seems like her attack is too low to really damage other manaketes (aside from maybe adult tiki), and she gets blown back in return.  I don't plan to inherit any time soon (I truly prefer the Vanilla meta currently), but I'll take that heart if I come around to all that nonsense.  Thanks for the advice :):

Edited by red-and-soulless

Hey guys it's been several pages back since my last couple questions and I don't believe the got answered so I'm asking here again.

Will Hana benefit more from inheriting a Silver Sword or a Ruby Sword?

Also, I'm weird and want to use my Olivia moderately offensively. Would Silver Sword + Triangle Adept 3 or Ruby Sword + Death Blow provide her with more attack umph?

18 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Hey guys it's been several pages back since my last couple questions and I don't believe the got answered so I'm asking here again.

Also, I'm weird and want to use my Olivia moderately offensively. Would Silver Sword + Triangle Adept 3 or Ruby Sword + Death Blow provide her with more attack umph?

I'm personally of the opinion that Hana is best with a Brave Sword+ over either of the two options you listed. However, of the two you asked about, I would say Silver Sword. 

Same with Olivia: Silver Sword + Triangle Adept 3, assuming a neutral 5* Olivia at level 40 attacking a green unit, will have an effective attack of 60 (28 base attack + 15 attack from Silver Sword = 43 -> 43 x 1.4 (WTA + TA 3) = 60).

Meanwhile, running Ruby Sword+ against a green unit and Death Blow will nab her 55 (28 + 12 from Ruby Sword = 40 -> 40 + 6 from Death Blow = 46 -> 46 x 1.2 from WTA = 55).

Even with Death Blow on player phase, an Olivia with Ruby Sword+ and Death Blow still loses to an Olivia with Silver Sword+ and Triangle Adept 3 in terms of pure damage (not to mention how much weaker the Olivia with Death Blow would be on enemy phase).

EDIT: Separated the giant wall of text into smaller paragraphs for ease of reading. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

18 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

T adept or ruby sword to me on Olivia instead really worth it, nor death blow considering what you'd have to lose someone to give it to her. But if you're seriously going to stick with it, you want death blow + Silver sword. I don't think it's necessary to have the T-adept or ruby swod simply because you lose any chance of her surviving a hit from blues. The thing about Olivia getting hit is the fact that she doesn't usually get put in danger (Unless you're drunk or you fat-fingered) but when she does you never know what it's gonna be and if there's a snowball's chance in shell you better hope and pray it's not blue. 

But if you seriously seriously seriously want to make Olivia viable, death blow + Ruby

Hana with silver BTW for even moar attack stats!

@MaskedAmpharos check ur numbers bud

46 x 1.4 = 64.4

unless I'm doing something wrong

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm personally of the opinion that Hana is best with a Brave Sword+ over either of the two options you listed. However, of the two you asked about, I would say Silver Sword.

Oh I always thought that Brave weapons were to give super slow units an edge and ability to double when attacking. In what ways does it better Hana's viability?

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

Oh I always thought that Brave weapons were to give super slow units an edge and ability to double when attacking. In what ways does it better Hana's viability?

Usually, yes. However, there are a very select few units with enough speed to be able to grab a x4 attack with a Brave weapon on most of the cast. Hana is one of them. Neutral speed Hana has 36 spd at 5* level 40, with the -5 spd from Brave Sword getting offset by the +5 spd from Life and Death 3. Even with a Brave Sword+, Hana retains the same spd as the likes of neutral Lucina and Nino, which is amazing. If you manage to slap Desperation onto her and get her into Desperation range (which is easy with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid), you'll be able to instantly attack almost everything in the game 4 times before they can retaliate (and if you're hitting them 4x with that kind of firepower, they shouldn't be able to retaliate). Brave Sword+ and Desperation turns Hana into an absolutely terrifying nuke and gives her more damage potential than almost any other red unit in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@MaskedAmpharos check ur numbers bud

46 x 1.4 = 64.4

unless I'm doing something wrong

There's no 46 x 1.4 anywhere in my calculations. 43 x 1.4 is for Silver Sword+ + Triangle Adept 3. 46 x 1.2 is for Ruby Sword+ + Death Blow.