"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Fury doesn't activate at the start of your first hit/get hit, it is already active on units when the battle starts. 

Wow... thank you.

This is the one time I felt stupid and completely neglected the skill effect. (Because something told me I know it otherwise)

Yeah I ignored Fury for a long while because I always thought u buff after hit.

thanks alot..

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 4.25% chance to roll a five star on this banner, but I only have 2 orbs... Quite unfortunate.

I finished all of the quests (except Tenth Stratum fliers and cavalry, which I can't do) and all of the story/paralogues/special maps, so is there any other method of obtaining orbs without paying for them? I really don't want this 4.25% chance to go to waste. All I got from this banner was a bunch of trash 3 stars and a random Lucius.

14 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I have a 4.25% chance to roll a five star on this banner, but I only have 2 orbs... Quite unfortunate.

I finished all of the quests (except Tenth Stratum fliers and cavalry, which I can't do) and all of the story/paralogues/special maps, so is there any other method of obtaining orbs without paying for them? I really don't want this 4.25% chance to go to waste. All I got from this banner was a bunch of trash 3 stars and a random Lucius.

Nope!

Not that I know of anyway.

You're just gonna have to sit there

Watching

Waiting . . . .. . . . . . 

Would Julia be a better option than Nino if my team does not include Erika? 

My team is

Effie ,Azura,  sanaki, Julia /nino

I gave Sanaki axebreaker to counter vantage Hector and Julia bowbreaker to counter vantage Takumi.  Is this a good move? 

13 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

I have a +Atk/-Spd Nino and 20k feathers. Should I upgrade her? I adore Nino but I'm worried I may pull another Nino with a better boon/bane in the future and regret dropping the 20k feathers.

I would wait for a better nature. -Spd hurts Nino a lot. Pulling Nino shouldn't be too hard considering she is available at 3*. 

3 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

My team is

I gave Sanaki axebreaker to counter vantage Hector and Julia bowbreaker to counter vantage Takumi.  Is this a good move? 

First of all, 2 magic users?

Okay (jk)

Second of all, Julia so this way you won't have to worry about positioning as much for the gronnblade buffs although her draw back and hone attack is really helpful.

Try doing arena 3 times with each team and see which one is better. That's what I did and it really works!

Another question. Ideally Free2Play people would feel more... but everyone is invited.

Say you have plenty of 3* Units at level 1. Some are duplicate/ Some are Unique.
They dont have the best Boon/Bane for themselves. Also some have good inheritance/some dont.
And you've trained just about every 4* to level 40. (This is me --- I have about 40 units at level 40 now... I might be exaggerating by 5 units max.).

Should I
1)train all of them to level 40 => 3*.
2)train the important/unique one to level 20 => 4* => level 40.  [food/new character for GHB strategy]
3)what do you think?

59 minutes ago, Ewwgene said:

My team is

I would say Julia is slightly better than Nino.  Slightly, you can really use either.

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

Another question. Ideally Free2Play people would feel more... but everyone is invited.

Say you have plenty of 3* Units at level 1. Some are duplicate/ Some are Unique.
They dont have the best Boon/Bane for themselves. Also some have good inheritance/some dont.
And you've trained just about every 4* to level 40. (This is me --- I have about 40 units at level 40 now... I might be exaggerating by 5 units max.).

Should I
2)train the important/unique one to level 20 => 4* => level 40.  [food/new character for GHB strategy]
3)what do you think?

Depends.  If you plan to inherit skills onto them then all that SP will be very useful.  Otherwise, no point in going to 40 on a 3* since its going to be a 4* pretty easily. 

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Should I
3)what do you think?

Train the important ones/best banes and boons to 3 star level 40 and promote them to 4 star for maximum SP Revenue. 

The stanks/Duplicates can be used for inheritance for those same good units that have Baboon Butt tons of SP.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Depends.  If you plan to inherit skills onto them then all that SP will be very useful.  Otherwise, no point in going to 40 on a 3* since its going to be a 4* pretty easily. 

Yeah... hence I want to dump them at level 20 @3* max - In case I want feathers to promote. (excess stamina usage).
I just dont know if its worth promoting the unique character. Like ... I have 1x of Sophia/Hana etc @3* .... Is she worth promoting to 4*? Maybe/Maybe not. They are neutral (map). I do have the feathers... but who knows... maybe tomorrow I will pull Sophia/Hana at 4*... and if I dont promote them... what if they are badly needed in a future GHB (that being said.. all GHB was do-able with my team).

Espeicially for the next few focus ... I am probably going red/green heavy. So; people like Subaki ... I promoted him to 4* neutral.

200 feathers isnt alot  to bring a 2* to 3*.
2000 feathers.. hurt a little. (~1 week worth of feathers)

@Arcanite --- yeah. Except some of these 3* ... that are meant for foods. They get their skill I want at 4*... and well some dont. cause trash

Edited by Ryuke

4 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Should I
3)what do you think?

I too am in this position. Though I still have some 4* characters to go through. I'm personally just training all my 3* units to level 20 and leaving them there. If I need their skills, they are ready to promote, and I'm not wasting precious stamina on overleveling potential fodder. 

@Kiran ... yeah I have some of these. except some fodder have the skill needed at 4* ... it feels weird.. saying.. oh hey.. ur a 3* .. I will get you to level 20 waste 2,000 of my own feathers (that's like going to a fancy restaurant to pay for a good meal) and then feed you. (when I can pull your 4* version .. which MAY/MAY NOT happen)

Side note: Nice way to take the Kiran name. Haha. 

Edited by Ryuke

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

@Arcanite --- yeah. Except some of these 3* ... that are meant for foods. They get their skill I want at 4*... and well some dont. cause trash

If you don't use your shards and crystals, use them to promote the food so this way your stamina goes to only the worthwhile units.

If you do use them, @Kiran summed it up pretty well.

MAN UP AND WASTE YOUR FEATHERS

It's how I got Attack +3 on my Anna

8 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

How good would a -Spd/+Res Effie do?

Pretty much one of the worst combos I've seen.

But you should still use her. The -spd is negated by the wary fighter, seeing as how she probably won't be faster than a lot of things once she hits under 50%. The +res kinda helps with mage but it's one of those "It's already low, +3 resistance isn't gonna make that much of a difference" situations

Edited by Arcanite

I have a few units that I don't know what to do with. My main goal is PvE (I don't usually have issues in arena, and i usually only participate for the sake of getting some feathers each week) and I'd like the units to be optimized for that.

My current lv. 40 team 

Eldigan (tank)
Ephraim (physical damage)
Julia (magic damage)
Felicia (support)

I also have a lv. 40 lyn, and other (untrained) 5* units include Roy, Eirika, Leo, Effie, Peri, Cordelia, Hawkeye (of which i have two), and Jakob. I also have 20k feathers that I'm sitting on and a slew of people i could make 5* (but no idea who to choose). Eldigan already has his skills decided (Mystletainn, Swap, Noontime, Def +3, Quick Repost, Threaten atk).

I'm not sure if I should make Felicia heal-support (ardent sacrifice, renewal (would mean sacrificing jakob), breath of life) or buff/debuff-support (silver dagger +, rally speed (my current team needs it), seal speed, possibly change breath of life to something else?).

I don't have a clue what to do with Ephraim and Julia. Or Lyn.

If you think my team needs a different person, let me know and I'll let you know what I have for units (I have 123, many of which are doubles/triples/etc, so i'm not listing all of them)

Bonus points if you can make a build with Odin because he's my fav and I'm sad that he's not super great stat-wise. :(

44 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Pretty much one of the worst combos I've seen.

I would think +Res/-Spd is quite good myself since Effie's speed isn't going anywhere and she has Wary Fighter anyway. Meanwhile the +Res gives her 4 more Res point for a total of 27 Res as a lvl 40 5*. It's obviously not as good as a +Atk nature, but I wouldn't say it's horrible.

If you want to see a horrible nature, you'll want to look at my +Spd/-Def Efie. She goes from 33 Def to 29 and from 22 to 25 Spd.

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I would think +Res/-Spd is quite good myself since Effie's speed isn't going anywhere and she has Wary Fighter anyway. Meanwhile the +Res gives her 4 more Res point for a total of 27 Res as a lvl 40 5*. It's obviously not as good as a +Atk nature, but I wouldn't say it's horrible.

If you want to see a horrible nature, you'll want to look at my +Spd/-Def Efie. She goes from 33 Def to 29 and from 22 to 25 Spd.

My +Spd/-Atk Effie says hi

EDIT: Agreed though. +Res/-Spd isn't ideal by any means, but it's far from a "horrible" nature. In fact -Spd is probably the best possible bane for Effie to have since Wary Fighter renders speed irrelevant anyways. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I managed to pull a 3-star F!Corrin with a +def/-atk nature. Attack bane is generally pretty terrible. Is she still worth training for use, or should I drop her into the skill fodder box with my duplicate Eliwoods and my mile-high pile of healers?

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

First of all, 2 magic users?

Okay (jk)

Second of all, Julia so this way you won't have to worry about positioning as much for the gronnblade buffs although her draw back and hone attack is really helpful.

Try doing arena 3 times with each team and see which one is better. That's what I did and it really works!

If they're paired with units with positioning skills, I reckoned they'll be really hard to deal with.

I once encountered a Nino paired with Swap Sharena and boy it was not pretty.

Sharena: I won't let you touch Nino!

-swap-

Red units trying to ORK Nino: .......

10 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Hector has amazing boon and bane. Lucina is a bit hurt because of the speed bane, but it can be saved. Reinhardt is okay.

Thanks Sir!

So my favourite hero is nearly perfect(misses good inherated skills).

The other two are ok - but not the best(will think about changing them)