"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh you're right

Archers in arena are slowly but surely tapering off into the distance so think twice about putting her in there.

Glad to know I can help ;)

Oh yeah. Thanks a ton! I've been enjoying playing around with the "low-tier" characters, but sometimes I get stuck. Any and all help is appreciated. :3

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be a good B skill for Vanilla Camilla?  She's not really an enemy phase unit, so Vantage seems a waste?  Maybe Lancebreaker?  Or is there a better option I might be overlooking?

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What would be a good B skill for Vanilla Camilla?  She's not really an enemy phase unit, so Vantage seems a waste?  Maybe Lancebreaker?  Or is there a better option I might be overlooking?

As much as helping you build this trollop hurts me, I'll take a crack at it.

First off, give Camilla a better ax. Her speed isn't too bad without the brave ax. Of you happen to have a 5 star Beruka, killer ax with draconic aura = extra filth.

Secondly, her defenses are pretty banging! I never looked her up before but wow. This means that Lancebreaker will be an "okay" choice.

Le numeró trois, Try a tomebreaker. Her resistance is quite delicious, so she could take a turn of damage before if necessary.

Fore! Renewal or quick riposte work nice.

Cinco vantage is never a waste on anyone as long as you know what you're doing

Edited by Arcanite

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I do agree with @Arcanite about changing out her Brave Axe for something else (Silver, Emerald, or Killer all work depending on what kind of build you're going for and what role you want her to fill. Silver for more overall damage, Emerald if you need her to delete blues, Killer to make her a nuke with Draconic Aura or Iceberg). 

I don't think a breaker skill is necessary though, as those are generally meant to help units double (or not get doubled by certain units) when they have trouble normally, but Camilla's main selling point over other wyverns not named Minerva is her speed. 32 speed with a neutral nature (35 with a +Spd nature) and 38 with Darting Blow (41 if +Spd) doubles A LOT of things, rendering Lancebreaker largely unnecessary. Instead, you could go for a speedier Desperation build (you could also potentially exchange Darting Blow for Life and Death), which I personally favor. Another B option is Wings of Mercy to help her give around as extra mobility is always welcome. If you DID want to run a breaker, I'd probably run something to help her delete mages (either B or G Tomebreaker), depending on whether the likes of Linde or Nino give your team more trouble. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

As much as helping you build this trollop hurts me, I'll take a crack at it.

First off, give Camilla a better ax. Her speed isn't too bad without the brave ax. Of you happen to have a 5 star Beruka, killer ax with draconic aura = extra filth.

Secondly, her defenses are pretty banging! I never looked her up before but wow. This means that Lancebreaker will be an "okay" choice.

Le numeró trois, Try a tomebreaker. Her resistance is quite delicious, so she could take a turn of damage before if necessary.

Fore! Renewal or quick riposte work nice.

Cinco vantage is never a waste on anyone as long as you know what you're doing

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I do agree with @Arcanite about changing out her Brave Axe for something else (Silver, Emerald, or Killer all work depending on what kind of build you're going for and what role you want her to fill. Silver for more overall damage, Emerald if you need her to delete blues, Killer to make her a nuke with Draconic Aura or Iceberg). 

I don't think a breaker skill is necessary though, as those are generally meant to help units double (or not get doubled by certain units) when they have trouble normally, but Camilla's main selling point over other wyverns not named Minerva is her speed. 32 speed with a neutral nature (35 with a +Spd nature) and 38 with Darting Blow (41 if +Spd) doubles A LOT of things, rendering Lancebreaker largely unnecessary. Instead, you could go for a speedier Desperation build (you could also potentially exchange Darting Blow for Life and Death), which I personally favor. Another B option is Wings of Mercy to help her give around as extra mobility is always welcome. If you DID want to run a breaker, I'd probably run something to help her delete mages (either B or G Tomebreaker), depending on whether the likes of Linde or Nino give your team more trouble. 

Thanks for the suggestions, but is there a way to make the Brave Axe work?  With Darting Blow, her speed is decent.  I just don't like sacrificing a 5* to give her a good weapon.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Thanks for the suggestions, but is there a way to make the Brave Axe work?  With Darting Blow, her speed is decent.  I just don't like sacrificing a 5* to give her a good weapon.

Life and death is a strategy. Hone speed, rally speed, and spur speed also. The thing about Camillus is that they ruined a pretty nice unit with a not so nice weapon. If you really want to try to make brave work, Fury 3 + Brash assault.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Sure you can make it work, but it won't be optimal. 

The main problem with Camilla sticking with her Brave Axe is that Cherche does her job as a Brave nuker far better in just about every way. Brave units generally want high attack and don't care too much about speed unless they're someone like Setsuna or Hana who are blisteringly fast. Camilla, unfortunately, suffers from a pretty low attack stat and so doesn't make great use of a Brave weapon. In my opinion, she's better off carving a niche for herself as a speedier character since just about all other axe users in the game besides Narcian, Beruka, and Sheena can do the "Brave Axe nuke" thing better than she can. 

Now if you were insistent on keeping her Brave Axe, I would personally opt to go for more damage, getting rid of Darting Blow for either Life and Death or even Death Blow. A Breaker skill would probably be more valuable on this set since it's slower, so pick the one that offs the type giving your team the most trouble. Wings of Mercy is, of course, still good as a mobility option, which is always appreciated. You might also benefit more from Threaten Def/Spd than Savage Blow for your C. 

4 hours ago, chirp said:

I just went from 0 to 3 Shanna, all 4*. First one is neutral, 2nd one is +Atk/-Spd, 3rd one -Atk/+Spd. I like Pegasus knights and would like to raise one of the three, possibly promoting her later to 5*. Which one would you advise to keep ? I have a few 3* and 4* duplicates units for passing her mildly useful skills, but nothing for god-like builds à la Vantage + Distant Counter.

You see 3 Shanna, I see 3 Desperation fodder. (She's the only one who gets Desperation 3 at 4*). She can make a decent Cordelia-lite if you REALLY force it, but you can just use Cordelia as Cordelia-Cordelia.

How does Life and Death interact with the Threaten skills? Do their effects stack, even if they're triggered by different units? I.e., if I had a unit with Threaten Def 2 and a unit with Life and Death 2, would they both activate? Or does Life and Death act more like Seal skills? If that's the case, then do those stack, or is it one or the other?

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

How does Life and Death interact with the Threaten skills? Do their effects stack, even if they're triggered by different units? I.e., if I had a unit with Threaten Def 2 and a unit with Life and Death 2, would they both activate? Or does Life and Death act more like Seal skills? If that's the case, then do those stack, or is it one or the other?

Life and death happens on the unit before you even go into battle.  It affects the stats directly.  So yes, it stacks with Threaten skills, but you won't see/notice life and death because its already been configured in the stats. 

Threaten def won't affect your own units, if that's what you're asking in the second sentence.  Threaten defense happens at the start of the enemies turn to all units within two spaces of your unit.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Life and death happens on the unit before you even go into battle.  It affects the stats directly.  So yes, it stacks with Threaten skills, but you won't see/notice life and death because its already been configured in the stats. 

I see. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Vitiulia said:

What unit has Vantage 3 unlockable at 4 star? Is there someone? I want to give it to my unit but don't want to waste 20k feathers just for it. 

I remember there was someone. 

reinhardt and lon'qu

Edited by unique

I got my 3* Michalis to Lv.33 just to get some of his skills. He currently had the following set.

-Weapon: Silver Axe
-Assist: Reposition
-Special: Glowing Ember (to Bonfire)
-Skill C: Threaten Def 2

Also, he only has 7 SP currently, and the total SP he needs for the rest of his skills is 700 (barring his default special). Is he ready to promote now or should I level him up some more for SP?

53 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I got my 3* Michalis to Lv.33 just to get some of his skills. He currently had the following set.

-Weapon: Silver Axe
-Assist: Reposition
-Special: Glowing Ember (to Bonfire)
-Skill C: Threaten Def 2

Also, he only has 7 SP currently, and the total SP he needs for the rest of his skills is 700 (barring his default special). Is he ready to promote now or should I level him up some more for SP?

I'd get him to level 40 first.  The more SP you can get, the better.

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'd get him to level 40 first.  The more SP you can get, the better.

Ok. This gives me more reason to revisit the 6th-8th Stratums.

21 minutes ago, Gengar said:

Does anyone know if the defense scores are based on BTS? What's the minimum BTS needs to get 251? Thanks!

Defense scores are based on the rating of the team that lost to your defense team.

Theoretically, you can use a low rating team and have a high rating team pick Beginner and lose your your team, but that would be really hard to do without something absurd like a defense team of all Reinhardt with Death Blow Dire Thunder.

Also, on a complete nomenclature side note, "BST" means "base stat total". It's completely incorrect to use "BST" to refer to a character's rating value because rating includes weapons and skills, thereby disqualifying it from the "base" part of "base stat total".

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Defense scores are based on the rating of the team that lost to your defense team.

Theoretically, you can use a low rating team and have a high rating team pick Beginner and lose your your team, but that would be really hard to do without something absurd like a defense team of all Reinhardt with Death Blow Dire Thunder.

Also, on a complete nomenclature side note, "BST" means "base stat total". It's completely incorrect to use "BST" to refer to a character's rating value because rating includes weapons and skills, thereby disqualifying it from the "base" part of "base stat total".

Sorry about the terminology. This is the first game I've played in the fire emblem series and that's how I've seen it referred to as on Reddit and some posts here. Since the April update is not live and arena rankings are calculated with the weapons and skills included in the stat totals. 

I think there are still players who don't run a full team of 40s. Sometimes the bonus hero is lower level or an Olivia is on the team. You can definitely face these types of teams in intermediate or advance duels  if a hero is under 40. I have Hector on my defense team so I was thinking of lowering my stat total a bit so I would face teams without heavy merges or inheritance  

Any suggestions for a skill set on Navarre? I get that he's not the best sword user, and definitely not the best one that I have, but I'd like to train him anyways just for fun. I feel like putting a splash damage set on him would be nice with killing edge +, blazing wind, and savage blow. Beyond that, I have no other ideas. Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

Any suggestions for a skill set on Navarre? I get that he's not the best sword user, and definitely not the best one that I have, but I'd like to train him anyways just for fun. I feel like putting a splash damage set on him would be nice with killing edge +, blazing wind, and savage blow. Beyond that, I have no other ideas. Any ideas?

Here's one! It's in the spoiler

Spoiler

Navarre @ Killing Edge+

Fury 3

Desperation 3

Threaten Spd 3

[Positioning Skill]

Moonbow

MrSmokeStack made that build. It really helps out Navarre's "meh"-ness

Savage blow with blazing wind is cool, but I'm not too sure if he'll last long enough for it to proc with his quite middling defenses 

Also if you have a Lucina, this build works well for her.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Here's one! It's in the spoiler

Hide contents

Navarre @ Killing Edge+

Fury 3

Desperation 3

Threaten Spd 3

[Positioning Skill]

Moonbow

MrSmokeStack made that build. It really helps out Navarre's "meh"-ness

Savage blow with blazing wind is cool, but I'm not too sure if he'll last long enough for it to proc with his quite middling defenses 

Also if you have a Lucina, this build works well for her.

Ah thank you, I like this idea! I appreciate the advice.

@MidnightFE Building off of that, if you replace Fury with Life and Death, you'll gain enough speed to now double neutral Hana, Linde, Lucina, Nino, Lyn, and Setsuna (and other Navarres), as well as +Spd Marth, all of which you wouldn't have been able to double with Fury. Desperation builds in general tend to be more glass cannon oriented, and Life and Death complements that better than Fury does. And even if you can only get up to Life and Death 2 and not 3 because you don't have a spare 5* Hana or Minerva lying around, LD 2 is still sufficient to have you doubling neutral Hana, Linde, Lucina, and Nino when Fury 3 wouldn't suffice.