"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

24 minutes ago, MasashiH said:

Posting it here since I created a different thread without finding this one before.

Swordbreaker Alfonse. What's your opinion about this build?

Alfonse - 5* Level 40

43 HP / 43 ATK / 20 SPD / 32 DEF / 22 RES

W - Brave Sword+
AS - Reposition (Thought of Pivot, but well)
WS - Moonbow (Had Draconic Aura first, wanted him to hit tanks hard too)
A - Death Blow 3
B - Swordbreaker 3
C - Spur ATK 2 (Might replace it for Threaten DEF 3)

Pros: ORKO on any sword unit, most green and colorless units (Takumi included)
Cons: Ultra weak on lance users (Sapphire Lance lel) and mages in general (they get to you first, but die on the contrary case)
          M!Robin is still too tanky

I think it's pretty good. Alfonse's personal Sword isn't that great anyway, and Brave Sword+ works great with Death Blow. The Cons you mentioned basically don't matter imo, since Alfonse was always weak to those things anyway. Now he's gained extra roles in addition to strengthening the ones he already excels at.

I think Reposition is better for Alfonse, since he gets rekt so hard on enemy phase. Pulling back a mage or something is more useful than putting him in danger. Moonbow works better with Brave weapons because of the low Might, so yeah I think it's better than Draconic Aura. DA would be good for Alfonse's personal Sword.

Threaten Def would be good. It's the slot for support skills anyway, so it's not like there are really better choices.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a better sword acquired from a 4* Swordie that can be passed to Alph? I lack any brave swordies and all my 5*s swordies are PRF users, and I don't see Brave Sword being all that great in his hands (well, I guess -3 Atk isn't that bad, but still)

44 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What's a better sword acquired from a 4* Swordie that can be passed to Alph? I lack any brave swordies and all my 5*s swordies are PRF users, and I don't see Brave Sword being all that great in his hands (well, I guess -3 Atk isn't that bad, but still)

Perhaps try Killing Edge+Luna? (suggested this from what Catria has)

48 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Tbh if you aren't going with a Brave Sword, I would just stick with his prf weapon. 

Brave w/ Death Blow is really the only thing that beats out his default 16 mt weapon, so if you aren't using that his regular weapon is fine.

I would just be sure to give him QR or a breaker skill to let him double despite his speed, and he'll be golden. 

27 minutes ago, MasashiH said:

Perhaps try Killing Edge+Luna? (suggested this from what Catria has)

I do have some spare Catrias to snag Luna off of (could throw Seal Atk too, just for a third skill to pass for a B)

23 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tbh if you aren't going with a Brave Sword, I would just stick with his prf weapon. 

Brave w/ Death Blow is really the only thing that beats out his default 16 mt weapon, so if you aren't using that his regular weapon is fine.

I would just be sure to give him QR or a breaker skill to let him double despite his speed, and he'll be golden. 

That's kinda what I thought, lacking Brave+ means that Folk is meaty enough

7 hours ago, salinea said:

I have almost 30,000 feathers so it's time for me to think about who to promote next. I thought I might promote Nino but I mistakenly deleted the (+Speed/-HP) Nino and wasted 2,000 feathers on a (-Speed/+Res) Nino instead (not that I'm salty or anything) and now all I've left is two (+Speed/-Att) Nino... which isn't awful, but I'm unsure if it's worth promoting to 5*.

My 5* crew is: Julia (+Def/-Res), Michalis, Cordelia (-Speed/+Def), Sharena, Eirika (neutral), Caeda (+Def/-Res), A!Tiki (+Speed/-Res), Roy (-HP/+Def), Klein (neutral), Jakob (-Speed/+Def); and I've mostly run teams of Julia / Eirika / Klein / Sharena (add/remove for bonus characters).

My 4* units who I might promote:

Red: Olivia, Chrom, Seliph, MCorrin, Selena, Lon'qu, Draug, Eliwood, Palla, Raigh, Sophia, Lilina.

Blue: Effie, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Sully, Peri, Florina, FCorrin, Odin, Ursula

Green: Barst, Hawkeye, Sheena, Frederick, Merric, Nino, Cecilia, Anna

Grey: Gaïus, Jeorge (not gonna list any healers...)

(Obviously i have a bunch of other units at 3*...)

Ask me for boon/bane if you need any...

Who should I promote?

Please ?

17 minutes ago, salinea said:

Please ?

Lilina, Effie, Merric, Nino and Cecilia seem solid choices to me. Though some may already work well enough at 4*

Which are their Boons/banes?

warning: ramble lies ahead

so i've got a 4* Corrin lying about and i got an idea...he's a pretty balanced unit, and i realized you can make a sort of offbrand!Ryoma from him. their stats are actually pretty similar, Corrin more generally tanky but with 3 less speed and 2 less attack at neutral. so i'm kind of deciding to go for it. i have a -atk/+res Corrin, which is kinda eh..but it has its strengths. (he can survive a neutral atk vanilla Blue Eraser which is pretty cool -shrug-)

concept:

Corrin - 5* Level 40

42 hp / 29 atk (big frowny face) /  32 spd / 28 def / 28 res (not including fury 3)

weapon: Siegfried (once Xander is out)
assist: (???) have swap as an option because of sacking Tsubaki
skill: Bonfire/Iceberg (i like draconic fang but i like the idea of having these up immediately after getting attacked and Quick Riposting)
A: Fury 3
B: Quick Riposte 2
C - Spur Atk 3

the idea is kind of a mage killer, especially to handle pesky green mages coughNINOcoughJULIAahem and some Lindes that i have no great solution for atm...i've picked all mages A+ tier and above to see how he fares, and he can kill them all on the rebound except a +Spd Linde/Darting Blow/Swift Sparrow Linde or +def Linde, any Spring Lucina (and S. Lucina kills him if she's not -spd or is -spd with darting blow 3), the Blue Eraser, and Robin. if I've done my calculations correctly.

um...well crap...i just realized that i wasn't accounting for fury in his atk for those calculations (also haven't had confirmed but assuming Seigfried is 16 mt). -weeps- ooooh well...don't think it'll make much of a difference except killing a +def Linde maybe. although now he can kill Takumis that aren't +def.

i want to build a team around it and since I have a 4* Palla and two 4*Cains, have wings of mercy on a Nino, and some other damage bomb (third unit undecided, healer or dancer possibly), so after Corrin baits someone in, they can teleport in and help clean up, and be buffed by his Spur Atk. probably a pipe dream that will never play out as intended due to enemy team positioning but it's fun to think about.

thoughts, recommendations? is this just a waste? i'm f2p so i want to be careful with my resources ;;

Edited by wizzard of soz

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Siegfried is almost guaranteed to be locked to Xander.

oh, well i just died a little inside. didn't even know weapons could be locked. thank you for saving me from making this mistake.

@salinea the 5*s you have available already fill most niches. A +Spd/-Atk Nino isn't too bad but wouldn't be my first choice. What are Effie's IVs? She might be worth looking into if you need a good tank. Other than her, I'd say Anna is probably the most interesting option considering you're missing a fast, glass cannon unit.

50 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Lilina, Effie, Merric, Nino and Cecilia seem solid choices to me. Though some may already work well enough at 4*

Which are their Boons/banes?

12 minutes ago, hunty said:

@salinea the 5*s you have available already fill most niches. A +Spd/-Atk Nino isn't too bad but wouldn't be my first choice. What are Effie's IVs? She might be worth looking into if you need a good tank. Other than her, I'd say Anna is probably the most interesting option considering you're missing a fast, glass cannon unit.

Effie is +Def/-Res (I have another that's the reverse, too).

Lilina is -Speed/+Res

Merric I have one neutral and one -Att/+Speed

Cecilia is +Att/-Def

Nino, as I said, is +Speed/-Att

Michalis is a decent tank (I gave him Bonfire, Quick Riposte 2 and Swap already) although probably not as good at tanking than Effie (and green). If I use her, do I need to give her a Brave Lance +? I'm still leery of promoting to 5* in order to sacrifice units for their skills.

Man, if I end up promoting Anna, I'll regret not having done it two weeks ago XD

Edited by salinea

@salinea Effie works just fine without a Brave Lance+ but that nature is meh. Cecilia might be worth it if you feel like running horse emblem in the future but I'd honestly go with Anna or just wait for the new banner in a few days and see what you pull.

8 minutes ago, hunty said:

@salinea Effie works just fine without a Brave Lance+ but that nature is meh. Cecilia might be worth it if you feel like running horse emblem in the future but I'd honestly go with Anna or just wait for the new banner in a few days and see what you pull.

I'd love to run Horse Emblem, (I really liked the Cavalry challenge and she already has a Blade tome *cough from the good Nino I mentioned earlier*), but I've yet to pull Reinhardt or Eldigan, or Gunther (and I sent the base Gunthers home before skill inheritance was a thing, sadly) so I don't think the game wants me to run Horse emblem. But yeah, at least I have a good nature Cecilia for now :)

I guess I'll wait a couple of days in any case. Thanks!

Edited by salinea

Just now, Sable Argyle said:

So does Brash Assault give you a follow up attack even when you'd normally only hit once?

Conditions:

1. You must be initiating the attack.
2. Foe must be able to counter.
3. Your health must be low enough.

So yes, it's essentially a double attack.

Currently, my team is Marth, Effie, and Nino. I'm either deciding between Sharena or Olivia to be the last member for my team. Who do you guys think is a better fit? Btw, I already have buffs in Marth with Hone Spd, and Effie with Hone Atk, so Olivia would just be used purely for dance and nothing else. 

24 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

Currently, my team is Marth, Effie, and Nino. I'm either deciding between Sharena or Olivia to be the last member for my team. Who do you guys think is a better fit? Btw, I already have buffs in Marth with Hone Spd, and Effie with Hone Atk, so Olivia would just be used purely for dance and nothing else. 

I really like Olivia due to the dancing utility.  You really want Azura, though - Fortify Res would be great for your team.

29 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

I'd say Sharena. 

Extra buffs for Nino (Fortify Def and Rally Atk), innate Threaten Atk, and a cute smile.

Overall very solid unit (and with how red heavy the meta is, two blues is fine).

Not to mention there's a decent chance she'll be in next Arena season's bonus roster (since we recently had Anna then Alfonse).

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I really like Olivia due to the dancing utility.  You really want Azura, though - Fortify Res would be great for your team.

Hmm, couldn't I just inherit it onto Olivia though and get the same effect? Sharena also would provide fortify defense buffs, so I was mainly wondering about individual viability and not their buffs to Nino.

Just now, StarBit8 said:

Hmm, couldn't I just inherit it onto Olivia though and get the same effect? Sharena also would provide fortify defense buffs, so I was mainly wondering about individual viability and not their buffs to Nino.

You could just give it to Olivia, but it's cheaper SP-wise to pull Azura (at the cost of your orbs/wallet/sanity).

Effie's already a wall, so the extra Def doesn't really help her.  Marth shouldn't be tanking multiple hits, and Nino dies to a stiff breeze.

4 minutes ago, StarBit8 said:

You could, but Azura is generally considered the superior dancer anyways, mostly because she's actually perfectly functional as a combat unit whereas Olivia is mostly relegated to just dancing unless you inherit some skills (in which case it becomes more of a case of "do you need an extra red or blue unit").

K guys. Round 4 of "who should I keep?" Will commence:

Spoiler

Barst: +ATK/-HP or +ATK/-DEF

Cecilia: +ATK/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK or balanced

Eliwood: +ATK/-RES, +ATK/-DEF or +DEF/-ATK

F!Corrin: +DEF/-SPD, +SPD/-RES or +RES/-HP

Felicia: Balanced, +RES/-HP, +ATK/-DEF or +HP/-RES

Hinata: +DEF/-ATK or +HP/-SPD

Niles: +HP/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK, +HP/-RES or Balanced

Oboro: +RES/-SPD or +ATK/-DEF

Odin: +DEF/-RES or +RES/-SPD

Olivia: Balanced, +ATK/-RES or +DEF/-SPD