"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Windsweep makes it so that when Alm initiates an attack, if the opponent is a physical weapon type and Alm has 5/3/1 more Spd than the opponent, Alm attacks exactly once and the opponent cannot counterattack.

Presumably, Brash Assault will negate Windsweep's prevention of your own follow-up attack and allow a follow-up attack if Alm has 5 more Spd than the opponent.

On enemy phase or if the opponent is faster or if the opponent is a magical weapon type, nothing different happens.

Fortress Def is similar to Life and Death. It gives a flat +3/4/5 Def and -3 Atk.

Windsweep sounds like a great callback to the original Falchion.

Fortress Def sounds like it wants to make Lukas a knight.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, salinea said:

So I just pulled a -HP/+Speed Kagero. I assume it's not quite as good as a +Att Kagero but still very decent. Is she worth promoting to 5*?

(see here for what's the rest of my team looks like)

She REALLY wants +Atk.  I'd hold off for now.

---

And I'm finally going to ask a question~!

So I just pulled +HP/-Def Ephraim.  Here's what I plan on giving him:

Special: He can keep Moonbow, it's funny
Assist: Something that repositions untis
A skill: ?
B skill: Swordbreaker
C skill: Hone Speed or something like that

I'm going to run him over Effie (her job is to be a wall and make red units cry) and see how he fits.  So. . .any suggestions for that A skill, besides Fury?  I mean, not being doubled by neutral Kagero is great, but I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant the health drop.

52 minutes ago, eclipse said:

She REALLY wants +Atk.  I'd hold off for now.

---

And I'm finally going to ask a question~!

So I just pulled +HP/-Def Ephraim.  Here's what I plan on giving him:

Special: He can keep Moonbow, it's funny
Assist: Something that repositions untis
A skill: ?
B skill: Swordbreaker
C skill: Hone Speed or something like that

I'm going to run him over Effie (her job is to be a wall and make red units cry) and see how he fits.  So. . .any suggestions for that A skill, besides Fury?  I mean, not being doubled by neutral Kagero is great, but I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant the health drop.

Nothing really jumps out to me.  Darting Blow might work to mitigate his meh speed a little bit whenever Swordbreaker is inactive, Triangle Adept/Death Blow would gel rather nicely with Swordbreaker, and Atk Def 2/Distant Counter would be more universally applicable good-stuff skills (while being much harder to acquire).

Can Windsweep prevent breaker skills from activating?

Alm could counter Swordbreaker manaketes if this is the case (and deal with some red units that have swordbreaker).

Edit: Forgot the bit about Windsweep only stopping physical weapons. Still wonder if it stops swordbreaker on sword/lance/bow/dagger units.

Edit 2: I was also wondering if Windsweep prevents vantage procs.

Edited by HyperBowser

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET TO LEVEL 40!

SERIOUSLY!

When I do the hardest hard stratum I get no exp! But whenever I do the easiest lunatic stratum I always die!

My current team is Jaffar, Gordin, Marth, and Priscilla.

40 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET TO LEVEL 40!

SERIOUSLY!

When I do the hardest hard stratum I get no exp! But whenever I do the easiest lunatic stratum I always die!

My current team is Jaffar, Gordin, Marth, and Priscilla.

When you get about level ~35, leveling starts being very difficult. You need a good team in order to face lunatic challenges and survive (and even then XP gains is slow). Right now your team has two Grey ranged unit, and a healer; and that's just not good offensively. Try to a build a better team with more colour coverage as well as ranged/melee coverage and good synergy between roles / buffs / debuffs / etc.

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

When you get about level ~35, leveling starts being very difficult. You need a good team in order to face lunatic challenges and survive (and even then XP gains is slow). Right now your team has two Grey ranged unit, and a healer; and that's just not good offensively. Try to a build a better team with more colour coverage as well as ranged/melee coverage and good synergy between roles / buffs / debuffs / etc.

how do build better team

everyone else I have is really slow

I have 5*Gordin, 5*Ephraim, 5*Marth, 5*Jaffar, 5*Priscilla,4* Cain, 4*Arthur, 5*Seliph, 4* Navarre, 5*Bunny Xander, and 5* Tiki.

The only ones above level 30 are Marth, Jaffar, Gordin, Cain, Arthur, and maybe Seliph and Ephraim.

Navarre is the only fast one next too Jaffar, but they both die easily.

Edited by Tuvy

9 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

how do build better team

everyone else I have is really slow

I have 5*Gordin, 5*Ephraim, 5*Marth, 5*Jaffar, 5*Priscilla,4* Cain, 4*Arthur, 5*Seliph, 4* Navarre, 5*Bunny Xander, and 5* Tiki.

The only ones above level 30 are Marth, Jaffar, Gordin, Cain, Arthur, and maybe Seliph and Ephraim.

Navarre is the only fast one next too Jaffar, but they both die easily.

You're lacking  a good green unit but other than that you have a lot of good units. You could go with Ephraim, Marth, Gordin and Tiki. Ephraim and Tiki can tank hit well, Gordin nukes things and Marth is polyvalent (You could trade Gordin for Jaffar or Ephraim for Bunny Xander if you prefer). You don't seem to have a Mage so Tiki is your only source of magic damage, and I don't think anyone tanks magic well, which is annoying but the other units you mentioned don't either.

If your units are beneath level 30 I'd stay out of the lunatic strata for now until they catch up.

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

You're lacking  a good green unit but other than that you have a lot of good units. You could go with Ephraim, Marth, Gordin and Tiki. Ephraim and Tiki can tank hit well, Gordin nukes things and Marth is polyvalent (You could trade Gordin for Jaffar or Ephraim for Bunny Xander if you prefer). You don't seem to have a Mage so Tiki is your only source of magic damage, and I don't think anyone tanks magic well, which is annoying but the other units you mentioned don't either.

If your units are beneath level 30 I'd stay out of the lunatic strata for now until they catch up.

I have one mage, but it is 4*Odin.

Edit: I also have 4* Azama and 4* Catria, and I also have 4* Clarine, 3* Michalis, and 4*Cherce.

Edited by Tuvy

10 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

I have one mage, but it is 4*Odin.

Edit: I also have 4* Azama and 4* Catria, and I also have 4* Clarine, 3* Michalis, and 4*Cherce.

Odin's difficult to use well, you might be better off without him.

Catria could replace your blue unit -- she's more offensive and not tanky at all, unlike Ephraim. Keep at least one good defensive unit.

Michalis is great but at 3* he might be a bit too far away. But if you feel like you're really hurting from a lack of green unit, he's an option (Cherche's base skills aren't great but she's nice to keep under the arm for latter in the game when you'll be able to do skill transfers).

I wouldn't use a healer at level 35+.

Edited by salinea

So I just summoned Alm this morning 5*. 

He has:

If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, foe can’t counterattack.

Does this essentially mean that NEITHER unit double attacks? So this would be preferable for a tank? Alm himself seems to have cruddy stats, so perhaps this ability can be inherited and put to some use? 

Edited by Jman1115

18 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

So I just summoned Alm this morning 5*. 

He has:

If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, foe can’t counterattack.

Does this essentially mean that NEITHER unit double attacks? So this would be preferable for a tank? Alm himself seems to have cruddy stats, so perhaps this ability can be inherited and put to some use? 

When Alm attacks and he has atleast one point of speed over his opponent he won't double attack, but his opponent can't counter attack at all.

If Alm is the one being attacked combat just works as normal (Alm doubles if he has 5 points of speed over his opponent).

45 minutes ago, HyperBowser said:

When Alm attacks and he has atleast one point of speed over his opponent he won't double attack, but his opponent can't counter attack at all.

If Alm is the one being attacked combat just works as normal (Alm doubles if he has 5 points of speed over his opponent).

Hmm, so the opponent cannot attack him when he initiates. Any recommendations for units that would benefit from this the most?

I am debating on a unit that has after combat debuffs applied vs a high attack unit. I am kinda leaning towards the former because with a high attack unit, I would want them to hit twice. 

Ok now I'm confused.

Did Leo doesn't count as a red tome user?

There is that quest that say "use a red tome unit" , it has appeared before and right now is with the paralogues, but Leo doesn't give me the reward. Right now I played the Paralogues in the 3 difficulties with Leo, and nop, no reward.

So, Brynhildr does't count as a Red tome, even if Leo is a red tome user? Is because it's cover is purple?

3 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Ok now I'm confused.

Did Leo doesn't count as a red tome user?

There is that quest that say "use a red tome unit" , it has appeared before and right now is with the paralogues, but Leo doesn't give me the reward. Right now I played the Paralogues in the 3 difficulties with Leo, and nop, no reward.

So, Brynhildr does't count as a Red tome, even if Leo is a red tome user? Is because it's cover is purple?

The devs acknowledged this as a typo. You need a green tome user to complete the quest, not a red one.

1 hour ago, Jman1115 said:

Hmm, so the opponent cannot attack him when he initiates. Any recommendations for units that would benefit from this the most?

I am debating on a unit that has after combat debuffs applied vs a high attack unit. I am kinda leaning towards the former because with a high attack unit, I would want them to hit twice. 

It's probably the best on a high attack unit with slightly above average speed. Not sure how much use a debuffer is getting out of Windsweep since seal Skills can't be equiped alongside it and dagger users only avoid counter attacks from archers and other dagger users (windsweep doesn't prevent magic users from counter attacking). Unless there is a weapon with a build in seal attack, speed, defense or resistance build in I can't see this being to helpfull.

Units with good attack and above average speed (like Alm with a speed boon) will usually be able to activate Windsweep but lack the speed to double. With a bit of dancer support Alm should be able to kill most things without suffering any damage (and it would allow him to beat some lance users), with rally speed and/or threaten speed he should be able to activate Windsweep on most of the faster sword units to. It might also allow him to prevent the activation of vantage, swordbreaker and quick riposte but I'm not sure about that yet.

Edited by HyperBowser

If I were to make Gronnblade Cecilia--I'm in no hurry to, but it would be nice eventually--and I don't want to spend feathers 5*ing a Cecilia unless she was the best candidate. I currently have a +spd -res Cecilia. Does that offer any advantages over the +atk version, or is +atk -not speed strictly superior for her if going gronnblade+ build?

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

If I were to make Gronnblade Cecilia--I'm in no hurry to, but it would be nice eventually--and I don't want to spend feathers 5*ing a Cecilia unless she was the best candidate. I currently have a +spd -res Cecilia. Does that offer any advantages over the +atk version, or is +atk -not speed strictly superior for her if going gronnblade+ build?

29 Spd at 5* 40 avoids being doubled by +Spd Tiki-Young, which is fine I guess? Cecilia is natrally slow and her Atk could use a bump, being 1 point less than Nino as a +Atk (48 vs Nino's 49). If you have +Atk it's straight up better since she shouldn't be in danger of being hit.

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The devs acknowledged this as a typo. You need a green tome user to complete the quest, not a red one.

Really? Is because the reward are green shards?  But, in the April Quest, it happened the same, with the "Clear 3-4 w/Red Tome" , the rewards are blue shards... So, is a typo too and I need to use a blue tome since Leo got me nothing? I can't remember if I used Linde at the same times as Leo for this one, gonna try again

Well, I was starting to think that maybe they were bullying Brynhildr and that's why I got nothing haha! Gotta add Nino then.

Edited by SniperGYS

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

29 Spd at 5* 40 avoids being doubled by +Spd Tiki-Young, which is fine I guess? Cecilia is natrally slow and her Atk could use a bump, being 1 point less than Nino as a +Atk (48 vs Nino's 49). If you have +Atk it's straight up better since she shouldn't be in danger of being hit.

If he's using a Gronnblade Cecilia, it's more or less implied that Cecilia would be on a cavalry team with AT LEAST a Hone Cavalry. So really you're looking at 35 speed.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If he's using a Gronnblade Cecilia, it's more or less implied that Cecilia would be on a cavalry team with AT LEAST a Hone Cavalry. So really you're looking at 35 speed.

I'm aware, but 35 Spd is nonetheless a bit mediocre as a speed tier, so the extra speed would be put to waste. Is there anything important she can one-round with +Spd that she couldn't otherwise?

Also, say hypothetically we do get Camus, how does a cavalry team of Xander (with QR3 or at least QR2), Camus, Reinhardt, and Gronnblade Cecilia, with the appropriate buffs applied, sound? I already have +Atk Reinhardt and I'm definitely going to 5* Xander when he shows up and I have plenty of cav buff fodder sitting in my roster right now.