"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

How much storage space do you have on your phone?

It was around 800 MB at the time, currently at 258.6 MB for some reason. 

I'm not good at deleting useless things. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Levin's Scarf said:

It was around 800 MB at the time, currently at 258.6 MB for some reason. 

I'm not good at deleting useless things. 

Free up at least 1.6 GB of space.  That should solve the download issue.

I have a +Spd/-Res Reinhardt. Last time I asked this was the answer I got:

On 20/4/2017 at 1:05 AM, DehNutCase said:

Basically Neutral Reinhardt. Aka, great unit. (Even -Atk Rein is strong, but that only pops up 20% of the time, so best to wait for a =Rein or better.)

With this in consideration, would he still be salvageable or should I use him as Goad cavalry fodder?

5 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

With this in consideration, would he still be salvageable or should I use him as Goad cavalry fodder?

Never use someone like Rein as fodder. Keep all extra copies to merge him up for more arena score. (Goad cavalry isn't even that useful, anyway. Hone and Fortify has better synergy with Blade-Tomes, and the fact that they're 'start-of-turn' effects means they're easier to keep active for high mobility units like cavalry.)

I mean, if you really wanted to lose the only advantage horses have over armors---their mobility---you can go ahead and use goads and wards, but, personally, I'd keep all my Reins until I had 11.

Edit: My comment was referencing -Atk rein, who's still decent. Definitely use a neutral Rein, he's great.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you want the meta, or do you want Young Tiki to mesh with your team?  I find that Breath of Life healing is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things, and Renewal won't proc more than twice unless you're stalling.  Also, which Camilla build are you running?

I want tiki to work with my team. the ultimate goal here is to be able to do any lunatic maps for the quests. Don't care about the arena right now because I don't have the resources to beat the meta, just need a solid team so I can farm.

S!Camilla is running the TA raven build with QR and moonbow. just don't know what to give her for her C skill.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Never use someone like Rein as fodder. Keep all extra copies to merge him up for more arena score. (Goad cavalry isn't even that useful, anyway. Hone and Fortify has better synergy with Blade-Tomes, and the fact that they're 'start-of-turn' effects means they're easier to keep active for high mobility units like cavalry.)

I mean, if you really wanted to lose the only advantage horses have over armors---their mobility---you can go ahead and use goads and wards, but, personally, I'd keep all my Reins until I had 11.

Edit: My comment was referencing -Atk rein, who's still decent. Definitely use a neutral Rein, he's great.

Okay. It also helps that Reinhardt is one of my only useful mages, so he'll be going with my main arena team once he's at a high level.

36 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

"Salvageable"? Neutral atk Reinhardt is still one of the most devastating offensive mages in the entire game and is most definitely worth using. 

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

"Salvageable"? Neutral atk Reinhardt is still one of the most devastating offensive mages in the entire game and is most definitely worth using. 

Good to know. This solidifies my decision as using him as my main mage (outside of cavalry teams, of course).

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm looking forward to sweeping the board with my +Atk Reinhardt once I save enough feathers to rank him up.
He seems so thoroughly meh without his brave tome.

1 hour ago, MrNight48 said:

I want tiki to work with my team. the ultimate goal here is to be able to do any lunatic maps for the quests. Don't care about the arena right now because I don't have the resources to beat the meta, just need a solid team so I can farm.

S!Camilla is running the TA raven build with QR and moonbow. just don't know what to give her for her C skill.

Trust me when I say that creativity will beat the meta harder than your resources.  It will also allow you to come up with novel solutions for the harder content (source).

There's no one team that'll soundly beat every single map.  The -raven variant of S!Camilla is great, until you face a map with four red units.  Instead, aim for as much as possible, but give yourself the flexibility to change stuff on the fly.  To illustrate this, I'll list out what each member of your team does well:

Kagero - Infantry nuke
Lukas - Absorbs physical hits (especially red), pretty good Atk given his A skill.  I hope you changed his B skill, because it's rather meh (QR/Swordbreaker comes to mind).
S!Camilla - Blue/colorless nuke

So you have nukes for three different types of units, and one tank.  What you're missing is an answer to non-infantry green units.  That will be Tiki's job.  Here's a rundown of the non-infantry green units in the game (I think I got them all):

- Hector is dead the minute you initiate
- Camilla may give you some issues, due to being decently tanky
- Cecilia is also somewhat tanky, but is generally slower than Camilla
- S!Camilla shouldn't give you as many issues, since she's slow and lacking in Res
- Cherche/Beruka/Frederick/Gunter are a non-issue, since they all are slow and have bad Res
- Sheena can't really damage you, though you'll be dealing disappointing amounts of damage in return
- Narcian has an Emerald Axe
- Michalis might be an issue if Tiki is -Spd
- You'll need a bit of help if Minerva doesn't run Life and Death, and a Rally Attack if she does

Almost all of the things Young Tiki will have issues with are physical attackers, so her innate Armored Blow is just fine.  If you want to solve some of her "I can't quite kill this" issues, Fury is an option.  Her B slot can be Axebreaker to ensure that she gets kills on Michalis/Minerva/Camilla, or Renewal if you go the Fury route.  Breath of Life works just fine for her C slot.  Her innate proc is amusing enough.

This means that S!Camilla wants Hone/Spur Speed in her C slot if Tiki goes Armored Blow/Axebreaker, and Hone/Spur Defense if Tiki goes Fury/Renewal.  The upside to Hone/Spur Speed is that Kagero gets a few more double attacks in, while Hone/Spur Defense benefits Lukas.

Your call.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Trust me when I say that creativity will beat the meta harder than your resources.  It will also allow you to come up with novel solutions for the harder content (source).

There's no one team that'll soundly beat every single map.  The -raven variant of S!Camilla is great, until you face a map with four red units.  Instead, aim for as much as possible, but give yourself the flexibility to change stuff on the fly.  To illustrate this, I'll list out what each member of your team does well:

Kagero - Infantry nuke
Lukas - Absorbs physical hits (especially red), pretty good Atk given his A skill.  I hope you changed his B skill, because it's rather meh (QR/Swordbreaker comes to mind).
S!Camilla - Blue/colorless nuke

So you have nukes for three different types of units, and one tank.  What you're missing is an answer to non-infantry green units.  That will be Tiki's job.  Here's a rundown of the non-infantry green units in the game (I think I got them all):

- Hector is dead the minute you initiate
- Camilla may give you some issues, due to being decently tanky
- Cecilia is also somewhat tanky, but is generally slower than Camilla
- S!Camilla shouldn't give you as many issues, since she's slow and lacking in Res
- Cherche/Beruka/Frederick/Gunter are a non-issue, since they all are slow and have bad Res
- Sheena can't really damage you, though you'll be dealing disappointing amounts of damage in return
- Narcian has an Emerald Axe
- Michalis might be an issue if Tiki is -Spd
- You'll need a bit of help if Minerva doesn't run Life and Death, and a Rally Attack if she does

Almost all of the things Young Tiki will have issues with are physical attackers, so her innate Armored Blow is just fine.  If you want to solve some of her "I can't quite kill this" issues, Fury is an option.  Her B slot can be Axebreaker to ensure that she gets kills on Michalis/Minerva/Camilla, or Renewal if you go the Fury route.  Breath of Life works just fine for her C slot.  Her innate proc is amusing enough.

This means that S!Camilla wants Hone/Spur Speed in her C slot if Tiki goes Armored Blow/Axebreaker, and Hone/Spur Defense if Tiki goes Fury/Renewal.  The upside to Hone/Spur Speed is that Kagero gets a few more double attacks in, while Hone/Spur Defense benefits Lukas.

Your call.

Interesting, Seems my team cover more than I thought it would. I should say what lukas and kage are running/plan to have

Lukas +attk/-hp

Killer Lance+ (eventually Brave Lance +)

Swap

Sacred Cowl (eventually henry's ignis, henry is still 3 stars atm)

Fortress 3/QR 2/no idea for 3rd slot/ Attack +1

Kagero ???/??? (its looking like she is either def screwed or speed screwed. has 19 def and 26 speed at lv 33 >_>'')

Poison Dagger+

Reposition

Reprisal (she is the second who will get moonbow)

Warding Blow (still debating Life and Death, Fury, or Death Blow)/Dagger Breaker (Wings of Mercy or Vantage)/Spur Attk 1 (either S! camila or kage is getting breath of life for more healing. Still debating it)/ Hp +3 for now

Lukas has been a unquestioned beast tank. he can even take a few from mages if I screwed up. Kagero has been pretty great and I haven't even given her the extra boost yet. I see your points on what Tiki can do and will most likely give her fury since I am not a fan of the breaker skills especially since its rare I meet an axe user S! Camilla can't outright 1-2 shot. Will still think about it though.

Can you check IVs if characters aren't level one? I'm guessing you can't but idk if growth rates are fixed because if I continue a map from a bookmark and level that character up they always get the same stats upped

8 minutes ago, tumut said:

Can you check IVs if characters aren't level one? I'm guessing you can't but idk if growth rates are fixed because if I continue a map from a bookmark and level that character up they always get the same stats upped

There is evidence to suggest that level-ups are fixed based on the unit itself and their stat variance, but unless they are at Lv. 20 as a 3 or 4*, there's no way of checking; if your 5* is not Lv. 1, you will have to level them to 40, or close to it to determine what it is.

8 minutes ago, tumut said:

If they're not 5* and above level 20, you can go to the increase rarity screen, you get a preview window of their stats at level 1 once you increase their rarity, and you can check then.

If they're 5*, though, you just need to take them to level 40.

I think Est broke my tablet, but I had 80 Orbs.  If I move that account to another device, will those Orbs transfer?  It's Android, if that matters.

Is there a list with every Hero's BST, ordered from greatest to least?

I recently pulled a Nowi and I want to see which units would boost my score the most on my offensive arena team.

Edited by Tragonight

Just now, Rezzy said:

I think Est broke my tablet

LOL

Just now, Rezzy said:

but I had 80 Orbs.  If I move that account to another device, will those Orbs transfer?  It's Android, if that matters.

Yes, as long as they were free. If they arent I'm not sure

Spoiler

ANDROID FTW

4 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I recently pulled a Nowi and I want to see which units would boost my score the most on my offensive arena team.

FE Heroes Wiki has a max stats chart that can organize by name, weapon type, stats, and base total.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think Est broke my tablet, but I had 80 Orbs.  If I move that account to another device, will those Orbs transfer?  It's Android, if that matters.

Sign in with your Google Play store account that the previous device was using, as well as the Nintendo account the game was linked to. Keep in mind orbs don't transfer between operating systems (iOS orbs don't show on Android and vice-versa).

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

https://feheroes.wiki/Stats_Table#

Note that this doesn't include Weapon Might or any skill-based stat increases. 

Edit: Greninja'd yet again :P:

Edited by red-and-soulless

Okay, so last week's quests had me thinking about Stahl and Niles and if they were salvageable in any way (perhaps not for arena use, but for PvE use at the least).

Stahl has pretty decent offenses and defenses, but is not so spectacular in any one area to suggest a particular build pattern. His 31 base Atk is actually high for cavalry and becomes 37 with Hone Cavalry (which is expected to be up at all times), which is the same base Atk as Chrom. His 26 base Spd becomes 32 with Hone Cavalry, which is high enough to prevent double attacks, but not so high as to land his own double attacks against much.

It looks like he can pull off a decent dual-color Weaponbreaker build with Swordbreaker and a Ruby Sword+, a Wall on a Horse budget Eldigan build with Killing Edge+, Bonfire, and Quick Riposte, or a player-phase Brave offense build with Brave Sword+ and Death Blow. Does anyone have any other ideas for viable builds or arguments as to why any of these builds are crap?

Niles has good Spd, but his Atk is absolutely pitiful. With a Killer Bow+, he's missing one-hit kills on the Life and Death speedy glass cannons, and he basically relies on Iceberg to deal damage. He can run a decent counter killer set with Quick Riposte and Iceberg, but he really needs Fury to keep himself alive against said speedy glass cannons since he'll be taking 2 hits from them before he can land the kill. However, the fatal flaw of his counter killer build is that he can only use it once before Quick Riposte is broken. He is also completely walled by Litrraven, even without the use of Triangle Adept.

Despite his low Atk, he might be able to make use of a Brave Bow+ since he's really only going to be attacking weapon-triangle-neutral mages and fliers anyways, though he fails to kill both vanilla Tharja and Life and Death Tharja even with Death Blow or Life and Death, which is rather disappointing.

Any ideas for redeeming Niles?

Should I unlock Goad Cavalry for Reinhardt?

He will be part of my main team once I get him to a high enough level. And the only other cavalry there is Abel. Due to how brave weapons work, I think it would be useful, even if he's the only one taking advantage of it.

2 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Should I unlock Goad Cavalry for Reinhardt?

He will be part of my main team once I get him to a high enough level. And the only other cavalry there is Abel. Due to how brave weapons work, I think it would be useful, even if he's the only one taking advantage of it.

The difference between Spur Atk 2 and Goad Cavalry isn't very big, though the extended range makes for a good argument. However, Abel doesn't benefit from the additional speed because of his weapon and no one else can even take advantage of the buffs on your team. If you're using Reinhardt for general use, Spur Atk 2 is better since he typically sits on the backline to begin with, if he isn't able to KO something every blue moon or so.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

The difference between Spur Atk 2 and Goad Cavalry isn't very big, though the extended range makes for a good argument. However, Abel doesn't benefit from the additional speed because of his weapon and no one else can even take advantage of the buffs on your team. If you're using Reinhardt for general use, Spur Atk 2 is better since he typically sits on the backline to begin with, if he isn't able to KO something every blue moon or so.

Well, I guess I'll keep Hone Cavalry in case I use Reinhardt on a Horse emblem team. Though I have two 4* Barsts that could pass Spur Atk 3 to him.

Edited by Zero1000

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

He can run a decent counter killer set with Quick Riposte and Iceberg, but he really needs Fury to keep himself alive against said speedy glass cannons since he'll be taking 2 hits from them before he can land the kill. However, the fatal flaw of his counter killer build is that he can only use it once before Quick Riposte is broken. He is also completely walled by Litrraven, even without the use of Triangle Adept.

L&D Niles with Silver Bow and +Atk can simply 1 shot the faster mages who try to double him, since they have to be using L&D as well. (Fury 3 builds aren't fast or strong enough to kill L&D Niles, dude has a lot of res and spd.)

The problem with that particular build is Reinhardt, who can manage to 2HKO Niles with L&D 3 or better and an +Atk boon. (A 'normal' Fury 3 or just A-skill less Niles does turn Rein into a pincushion, however.) Every other mage mostly just dies because L&D Silver Bow+ hurts like hell, but some of them need a player phase hit. (Robin and Henry are the major exceptions, and Sanaki and Lilina can 1HKO with a Raven tome inheritance and T-Adept. That said, T-Adept Raven tomes ruin Niles in general, so that's no big surprise.)

Note: Niles needs a Speed S-Seal to counter Nino and Linde with Swift Sparrow and Speed S-Seal, but those are rare enough that it doesn't matter if sealess Niles die to them.

The biggest downside is that the build really needs HP to function, meaning it's probably best paired with a healer. Which also means that the pair would prefer to be inside a team that relies on attrition via healing and counter-killing. (The healer can carry a fort Res buff so Niles can counter-kill Rein.)

That said, the Fury 3 QR build is probably best for normal use, simply because it covers the 'meta' threats better. (None of the glass cannons can kill a properly IVd Niles, and he counter-kills everyone relevant with Killer Bow+ & Iceberg)

Edit: Niles doesn't actually need Fury 3 to keep himself alive, incidentally. The only person who ever gives him trouble even without an A-skill is Linde. +Atk kills the +Spd version, +Spd kills the +Res version.

Edited by DehNutCase

Between Eldigan and Reinhardt, I've managed to pick up a good core for a Horse Emblem team. I was thinking of building a three-unit team for arena runs, and noticed I had a +Atk, -HP 4* Cecilia. She'd make a perfect third unit, but I'm not sure of how to build her. I initially thought of going the Gronnraven +/Triangle Adept route, since I have all the necessary pieces, and it would only require 20,000 feathers to five-star her, which I would have in a week or so.

However, Gronnblade + also looks very tempting. That build would require 40,000 feathers though, and I'm leery of spending that much on a single unit, especially since I'm not pulling in as many feathers as I used to.  Using plain Gronnblade is not an option, as not having the highest rank weapon would irritate me. 

With all that said, is the extra firepower worth the investment?  I suppose a third option is to go Gronnraven first, then build my way up to Gronnblade.