"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Here's a quickie: can you transfer Sing onto dancers (i. e., Olivia and Ninian)? I'd love to see Ninian singing.
It might be locked to Azura though, and Dance to the dancers.

I'm pretty sure the unique skills aren't "locked to specific characters", they're simply not inheritable.

Either way, no, you cannot give Ninian or Olivia Sing or Azura Dance.

what kind of abilities that don't stack with each other? , like i just figured that rally and defiant skills don't stack.  (when both abilities increase the same stat Ex: Defiant Atk & Rally Atk)

22 minutes ago, Eruno said:

what kind of abilities that don't stack with each other? , like i just figured that rally and defiant skills don't stack.  (when both abilities increase the same stat Ex: Defiant Atk & Rally Atk)

Out-of-battle buffs for the same stat do not stack. Only the highest counts.

Out-of-battle debuffs for the same stat do not stack. Only the highest counts.

The highest out-of-battle buff and the highest out-of-battle debuff for the same stat do stack. All in-battle buffs stack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Out-of-battle buffs for the same stat do not stack. Only the highest counts.

Out-of-battle debuffs for the same stat do not stack. Only the highest counts.

The highest out-of-battle buff and the highest out-of-battle debuff for the same stat do stack. All in-battle buffs stack.

i see, thanks for sharing!

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

That build screams -blade.  She's not going to care about archers, since she'll one-shot them.  I recommend -blade+, but if you have a spare Nino, you can try it with -blade.

Anyway, with +Atk and -blade+, she'll quite literally OHKO any archer not named Niles, Klein, or Rebecca (she leaves the latter two at 1 HP).  If she's near someone with Goad Fliers, GG.  This means you can run better things in her A slot, like Fury.

Since she's set to go -blade, that means that she'll get one of the Goad Fliers.  The other one can stay on Palla.  That leaves Cordelia/Cherche or Michalis or Subaki with Fortify Fliers.  Heroes really needs a better selection of red fliers. ;/

If you're wondering why there's double blue, it's because reds are the most common type, and Camilla doesn't play well with them.

Thanks for the advice! Thank you Rezzy as well. Should I pass a Rally skill to someone so they can buff Bunmilla in case she's not in range for Fortify or Hone Fliers? I feel like I want to focus more on using Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap instead but I don't know what is better. Speaking of which, is Swap any good?

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Thanks for the advice! Thank you Rezzy as well. Should I pass a Rally skill to someone so they can buff Bunmilla in case she's not in range for Fortify or Hone Fliers? I feel like I want to focus more on using Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap instead but I don't know what is better. Speaking of which, is Swap any good?

Well you don't have Hone Fliers, so if you want to have a rally skill, hone attack seems ideal.

Got a spare Hana lying around?

With regards to Swap, it isn't a "Hey let's keep you safe from death" skill. It's more like "Hey, I'll take the damage instead so this way you can live" skill.

So if you are going to give it to someone, give it to someone with high defenses/speed so this way they can take a hit for someone who is low (in health) or someone who has low defenses

Just now, Arcanite said:

Well you don't have Hone Fliers, so if you want to have a rally skill, hone attack seems ideal.

Got a spare Hana lying around?

With regards to Swap, it isn't a "Hey let's keep you safe from death" skill. It's more like "Hey, I'll take the damage instead so this way you can live" skill.

So if you are going to give it to someone, give it to someone with high defenses/speed so this way they can take a hit for someone who is low (in health) or someone who has low defenses

Yeah, I have a Hana somewhere. I don't think my fliers have high defenses except maybe Catria... and Michalis. But their Res is low D:

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Yeah, I have a Hana somewhere. I don't think my fliers have high defenses except maybe Catria... and Michalis. But their Res is low D:

Then I'd just say screw it and give everyone reposition or draw back instead of Shwap.

Once you start using reposition, you'll realize how incredibly busted it is. ESPECIALLY in flier emblem!

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Then I'd just say screw it and give everyone reposition or draw back instead of Shwap.

Once you start using reposition, you'll realize how incredibly busted it is. ESPECIALLY in flier emblem!

Beautiful! - Spring Camilla 2017

What are people's thoughts on Navarre?

I was able to get his 4* version through the Grand Hero Battle and was wondering if I should work on leveling him up!

I was only able to get the 3* version of Zephiel, and although it would take much more work, he looks like he could be a formidable 5* as well...

6 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

I was able to get his 4* version through the Grand Hero Battle and was wondering if I should work on leveling him up!

I was only able to get the 3* version of Zephiel, and although it would take much more work, he looks like he could be a formidable 5* as well...

he does low damage and his special is awful and he's frail. I'm not sure how he compares directly with his rivals like Lon'qu or Hana, but I imagine not great judging by his tower performance. Desperation is cool, I guess.

9 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

I wrote this up a while back, comparing Navarre to the other myrmidons in terms of raw stats, but I hope it can still help:

A quick correction, though: Hana's best stat roll is +Atk -HP for Brave + Desperation if I recall correctly.

On 4/7/2017 at 8:41 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Lon'qu

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 42 / 45 / 48

Atk: 25 / 29 / 32

Spd: 36 / 39 / 42

Def: 19 / 22 / 25

Res: 19 / 22 / 25

Best roll: +Atk -HP

Lyn

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 34 / 37 / 41

Atk: 24 / 28 / 31

Spd: 34 / 37 / 40

Def: 23 / 26 / 30

Res: 26 / 29 / 32

Karel

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 44 / 47 / 50

Atk: 26 / 30 / 33

Spd: 32 / 35 / 38

Def: 22 / 25 / 29

Res: 17 / 20 / 23

Best roll: +Spd -HP

Fir

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 37 / 41 / 44

Atk: 22 / 25 / 29

Spd: 33 / 36 / 39

Def: 21 / 24 / 28

Res: 28 / 31 / 34

Hana

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 34 / 37 / 41

Atk: 32 / 35 / 38

Spd: 33 / 36 / 39

Def: 20 / 23 / 26

Res: 22 / 26 / 29

Best roll: +Spd -HP

Navarre

Reveal hidden contents

HP: 42

Atk: 31

Spd: 37

Def: 23

Res: 24

Lyn should be taken out of consideration for two reasons:

1) Her best set is completely different from the sets these other units would potentially run, as she can use both Brash Assault / Desperation to her advantage, but only if she elects to keep her Sol Katti.

2) Her only lead over her competitors is her defense, which is irrelevant.

Similarly, Fir can be taken out of consideration since she has the lowest attack out of all of them in neutral and only a high resistance to show for it, which is also an irrelevant lead. This leaves Hana, Lon'qu, Karel, and Navarre in the running.

Practically speaking, Karel is the most difficult unit to optimize, since he is a 5* exclusive and a bad roll can make him an inferior pick. Curiously enough, Navarre, a free unit, is better than Karel statwise, having a +1 Atk and a +2 Spd lead over him. Karel needs +Spd to avoid being outclassed and, even then, still has less Atk. Navarre's HP deficiency compared to Karel is also negligible, since both proc Desperation 3 after two rounds of Fury recoil and neither can use Ardent Sacrifice once to drop below the threshold. Overall, Navarre is better if Karel does not have a +Spd roll. Now we have Hana, Lon'qu, and Navarre.

Though Lon'qu has 2 less Atk compared to Navarre, he has a +2 Spd lead, and can simply take a +Atk roll to eclipse him completely. He is also easier to roll for due to not being a limited unit and can go beyond +1 merge for an even bigger stat lead if desired.

As for how Hana compares to Lon'qu, it's a tie. She has +6 Atk over him to match his +3 Spd lead over her. Hana has a very slight edge over him if her roll is +Spd, in addition to being a free unit, but Lon'qu can run with +Atk support, which is more universal and easily fits onto a team, rather than +Spd support which only Hana will get use out of most of the time. I personally would go with Hana because her raw Atk compensates for her slightly lower speed.

The build in question is

• Brave Sword+
  • Life and Death 3
  • Desperation 3
  • Threaten Spd 3
  • Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid / Positioning Skill
  • Luna / Draconic Aura

Lyn's build is

• Sol Katti
  • Defiant Atk 3
  • Brash Assault 3
  • Spur Spd 3
  • Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid / Positioning Skill
  • Galeforce / Iceberg

Now that there's more female Robins floating around, what would be the better B-slot skill for Reinhardt: Blue Tomebreaker or Lancebreaker? Or something else?

The Reinhardt I have is at 5* rarity and is +Atk/-Spd.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Now that there's more female Robins floating around, what would be the better B-slot skill for Reinhardt: Blue Tomebreaker or Lancebreaker? Or something else?

Vantage

Lance breaker gets him more wins than Blue tome breaker so between those 2, Lance breaker kills more things

But it really depends on what poses a threat to your team the most!

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Vantage

Lance breaker gets him more wins than Blue tome breaker so between those 2, Lance breaker kills more things

But it really depends on what poses a threat to your team the most!

Hmm... all I can do is hope that Narcian's map gets a revival.

Edited by Roflolxp54

22 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I would still say Lancebreaker.

A +Atk Rein with Death Blow (at least level 2 is sufficient) already OHKOs all blue mages, so B Tomebreaker is completely unnecessary.

It doesn't even really grant him enemy phase kills on blue mages, which would be the whole point of B Tomebreaker, since he wouldn't have the firepower that Death Blow would grant him on player phase. Plus you lose KOs on several lance units that you wouldn't get without Lancebreaker. It's just not worth it imo. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would still say Lancebreaker.

A +Atk Rein with Death Blow (at least level 2 is sufficient) already OHKOs all blue mages, so B Tomebreaker is completely unnecessary.

It doesn't even really grant him enemy phase kills on blue mages, which would be the whole point of B Tomebreaker, since he wouldn't have the firepower that Death Blow would grant him on player phase. Plus you lose KOs on several lance units that you wouldn't get without Lancebreaker. It's just not worth it imo. 

Yeah, I know Death Blow is the best A-slot passive for him currently. I also sacrificed my +Spd/-Atk Frederick to get him Luna and Wings of Mercy 1 just for kicks. Just need to get him the SP. (I actually taught him Vantage and it actually saved his ass during one of the GHB quests.)

Units to get: 4* Klein, and 5* Arthur or 4* Narcian

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Yeah, I know Death Blow is the best A-slot passive for him currently. I also sacrificed my +Spd/-Atk Frederick to get him Luna and Wings of Mercy 1 just for kicks.

Units to get: 4* Klein, and 5* Arthur or 4* Narcian

You honestly don't need Lancebreaker 3. 

Hell, you honestly don't really even need Lancebreaker 2.

The only difference between skill levels is the HP threshold at which the effect disappears, and Rein really shouldn't be taking damage in the first place. Plus his speed and defenses aren't great, so chances are if he gets hit even once he'll be taken out of Lancebreaker 3 range anyways. You may as well just run Lancebreaker 1 or 2 because it's cheaper and because 3 really isn't necessary. 

Okay, I have two questions:

1) I have a +ATK/-SPD Fir, and I'd like to use her since I don't have any other Firs to work with. Should I try to fix her Speed, or just raise her Attack as high as I can get it instead?

2) I have 3 Florinas, and I'm not sure which is the best one to train up since I want to train one up. I have:
+RES/-DEF
+SPD/-ATK
+ATK/-HP
Which of these would be best to work with?

Don't know about Fir, but I think your best options are the +spd or the +atk Florina. She's ridiculously slow, so she wants speed, but her attack isn't super good so I'm not sure if she wants to lose attack either. I think the +atk -HP one may be the best, but if you can get one that's +spd -not attack, that one would probably be best.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't know about Fir, but I think your best options are the +spd or the +atk Florina. She's ridiculously slow, so she wants speed, but her attack isn't super good so I'm not sure if she wants to lose attack either. I think the +atk -HP one may be the best, but if you can get one that's +spd -not attack, that one would probably be best.

Alright then. I'll work on +ATK/-HP, and keep the +SPD/-ATK for now as well. +RES/-DEF is gonna be junked for Darting Blow sooner or later.

Thanks, mate.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Okay, I have two questions:

1) I have a +ATK/-SPD Fir, and I'd like to use her since I don't have any other Firs to work with. Should I try to fix her Speed, or just raise her Attack as high as I can get it instead?

2) I have 3 Florinas, and I'm not sure which is the best one to train up since I want to train one up. I have:
+RES/-DEF
+SPD/-ATK
+ATK/-HP
Which of these would be best to work with?

1. Your Fir has the best boon, but also the worst bane. You can try fixing your speed or increase your attack... both can get the job done. See which one fits you more. In any case, she'll be average because of the IVs.
  2. +ATK / - HP Florina is your best bet, I believe. Try to keep the rest of her copies for inheriting Ardent Sacrifice, they're an important tool for Desperation in case you have one.
Edited by Lyrai