"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Trickity said:

I did post this late last night so I think people missed it so I want to try posting it again, sorry:

Hey guys!  So I would like some advice for myself and a friend skill wise.  I was lucky enough to pull an Ike(+Def, -Atk)(unfortunate I know), and she pulled a Titania (+Res, -Spd) (Also unfortunate I know), but we would like some ideas for any skills that would be good for them.  For Ike I was thinking Bonfire, but with Heavy Blade, Aether or Luna might still be an option might be an option.  I was wondering if Desperation would be good on him instead of Swordbreaker, or maybe even Vantage, and Hone or Spur Atk.

For Titania, we are thinking of keeping Guard because it seems unique and useful, but what about Armored Blow?  And what C skill and trigger might work best?  Please let us know what you think!  Thank you!

Two things:

1. Wait 24 hours before reposting.
2. If you're going to copy/paste, please remove formatting from your text.  It's night-impossible to see on Night Forest.

The answer to both of you is "what's the rest of your team?"

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Does Renewal 3 stack with Falchion's self heal (Renewal 2)? I am playing around with an idea of a super-self healing Lucina with Distant Counter and wondered if it could work. (Currently playing around with giving Erika distant counter so she can tank mages instead of Ryoma.)

17 minutes ago, Sire said:

Q: Does Renewal 3 stack with Falchion's self heal (Renewal 2)? I am playing around with an idea of a super-self healing Lucina with Distant Counter and wondered if it could work. (Currently playing around with giving Erika distant counter so she can tank mages instead of Ryoma.)

Yes. On turns where both activate, you'll receive 20 HP.

6 hours ago, Taim Meich said:

You can check boon/banes easily if the unit is not 5* by going to the promote menu and looking at the level 1 promoted stats, if you don't like what you see, just hit back :)

Edit: Oh, it just has occured to me that you may not have the feathers and/or crests to promote her, in which case I think the game doesn't let you see the promoted stats... Hmmm...

You can see promoted stats if you don't have feathers. I've used it plenty and I don't think I've ever had more than 20,000 feathers (the one promotion I did cost 19,700 because that Cecilia was +1).

Alright. So I have someone with Rally Attack. And I want one of my units to inherit that skill. But I remain undecided as to who. My options are:
-Lukas
-Minerva
-Lucina
-Robin (M)
-Jeorge
-Felicia

You don't actually have to choose someone but could you describe the ideal unit that benefits with Rally Attack?

26 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Alright. So I have someone with Rally Attack. And I want one of my units to inherit that skill. But I remain undecided as to who. My options are:
-Lukas
-Minerva
-Lucina
-Robin (M)
-Jeorge
-Felicia

You don't actually have to choose someone but could you describe the ideal unit that benefits with Rally Attack?

Someone whose combat is situational, so a solid front-liner/someone who counters three-fourths of the map won't want it.  Jeorge/Felicia look like good options.

15 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Thoughts on +Def/-Spd Ike with Quick Reposte?

I guess?  Just don't bait a mage.

Sooo i went a bit crazy today because its like my dream banner...

Ike +def -atak. serviceable for tanking  -atk makes heavy blade bad i assume?

3 Sorens! +atk -res  +spd -atk  +atk -spd. Im thinking blade tome so +spd -atk?  they all have possibilites any suggestions? Realy want to merge them and use him!

2 +res  Titania  -hp -spd. unfortunate No idea how can build her esp w this iv :/

Eldigan +def -Spd prety nice for my Horse tank!  Haha all that looking at stahls and Eliwoods 

Alm +hp -def  and Lyn Neutral  not much use for them any one want their skills?

second Leo merge or give qR3?  both -def thinking + Res over +hp

erika +hp -def. oliva + spd -hp  or tharja +atk -hp worth promoting?

6 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

3 Sorens! +atk -res  +spd -atk  +atk -spd. Im thinking blade tome so +spd -atk?  they all have possibilites any suggestions? Realy want to merge them and use him!

2 +res  Titania  -hp -spd. unfortunate No idea how can build her esp w this iv :/

Eldigan +def -Spd prety nice for my Horse tank!  Haha all that looking at stahls and Eliwoods 

Heavy Blade is still serviceable, but you'll have to be more creative about it.

+Atk/-Res, ESPECIALLY for the -blade build.  Why hit twice when you can murder once?  His Speed's gonna be buffed, anyway.

Alm can sort-of work as intended, as can Lyn.  Not ideal, but not totally awful.

Merge, because I haven't found the 10% health difference in QR to be worth it.

Tharja's definitely worth promoting.

34 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Thoughts on +Def/-Spd Ike with Quick Reposte?

I think you nailed it!

11 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

QR3 FODDER FOR IKE @LEO

SCREW MERGING

YOU HAVE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Lyn's only good passable skill is Defaint attack. I'd just keep both of them tbh

14 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

1. Ike's Atk at -Atk is too low to get much use out of Heavy Blade. Another A skill to fix his Atk like Fury would be better.

2. The +Atk -Res Soren is best, but I wouldn't recommend Gronnblade for him since Nino has it by default and uses it much better. Soren's Spd is lower though they share the same Atk. Instead, I'd recommend Gronnraven since his mixed bulk is actually pretty great, in addition to having a higher Atk and Spd base compared to Merric.

3. +Res -HP is serviceable, especially since she has the highest speed base out of any cavalier. Her Res is actually pretty impressive and in conjunction with her Emerald Axe, blue mages barely scratch her.

4. Eldigan likes Swap from Stahl to get in position to tank with his defenses.

5. Draconic Aura is great for passing to units with ~50 or more attack, assuming they don't also have more than 30 Def or Res base. Spur Spd is nice support fodder though Galeforce can be situationally useful. I'd avoid dropping Lyn though since she has a nice niche with Brash + Desperation + Defiant when at 50% HP.

6. If you want to use Leo for Arena, sacrifice the +HP Leo to merge with the +Res Leo

7. Tharja is an underrated -Blade user, while Olivia can give you safer arena runs. I'd go Tharja personally.

I've been ninja'd by two people already but w/e

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You have lost favor with Anna and must pay for your sins

Just bad "luck"

I guess that's what happens when they remove the luck stat from the game.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I guess that's what happens when they remove the luck stat from the game.

I suppose this is a bad time to mention that I get +Atk on half my 5*s.

(Let's just say there's a reason I build glass-cannon. Two, if you count my half-dozen Hanas.)

Hello fellas! I got a question, and I would like an answer, I got a 4Star clair. S̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶o̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶.

and the IV calculator I use doesn't have an option for a clair at 4stars,  she is level one and her base stats are 17HP, 8SPD, 4DEF, 10RES. Thank you for the help. <3

2 minutes ago, Lunajack said:

Hello fellas! I got a question, and I would like an answer, I got a 4Star clair. S̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶o̶r̶a̶b̶l̶e̶.

and the IV calculator I use doesn't have an option for a clair at 4stars,  she is level one and her base stats are 17HP, 8SPD, 4DEF, 10RES. Thank you for the help. <3

You can look it up on the wiki. http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Clair

So, I'm hoping to make my -Atk,+Def Soren usable.

Would a Fury Gronnblade build be a good idea?

Alternatively, what about GRaven TA?

Or should I just keep his default skill set and slap on +Atk 3 to balance out the -Atk?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Or should I just keep his default skill set and slap on +Atk 3 to balance out the -Atk?

Yeah, I wouldn't pour too much into him since he's -Atk and all. If he was +Spd I'd say blade tome all the way, but he isn't so........

+3 Attack and call it a day. Unless you desperately need a green tome or something lol

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, I'm hoping to make my -Atk,+Def Soren usable.

Would a Fury Gronnblade build be a good idea?

Alternatively, what about GRaven TA?

I have a hard time understanding why -Blade is suggested on anyone besides the default red and green users.

Soren has the same base Atk as Nino, but 3 less Spd. At best he'll just be a worse Nino if he tries to run it even if yours wasn't -Atk.

On the other hand, the competition for -Raven isn't as stiff. Soren's 36 / 20 (+Def) / 29 defenses are actually pretty great to run with a Gronnraven set, even if you lack the feathers to promote Cecilia for +. Compared to Merric, Soren has a higher base Atk and Spd while only losing out on HP and Def, a deficit easily made up for with the added bulk Triangle Adept gives him, not to mention how well Adept covers his -Atk deficit. To wrap it up, giving him a Weaponbreaker that your team struggles with--Bowbreaker, Lancebreaker, or G Tomebreaker in this case--will give him good defensive coverage overall. I'd go that route.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah, I wouldn't pour too much into him since he's -Atk and all. If he was +Spd I'd say blade tome all the way, but he isn't so........

+3 Attack and call it a day. Unless you desperately need a green tome or something lol

Hopefully, I can Pull a Soren with a better Nature before this Banner is over.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I have a hard time understanding why -Blade is suggested on anyone besides the default red and green users.

Soren has the same base Atk as Nino, but 3 less Spd. At best he'll just be a worse Nino if he tries to run it even if yours wasn't -Atk.

On the other hand, the competition for -Raven isn't as stiff. Soren's 36 / 20 (+Def) / 29 defenses are actually pretty great to run with a Gronnraven set, even if you lack the feathers to promote Cecilia for +. Compared to Merric, Soren has a higher base Atk and Spd while only losing out on HP and Def, a deficit easily made up for with the added bulk Triangle Adept gives him. To wrap it up, giving him a Weaponbreaker that your team struggles with--Bowbreaker, Lancebreaker, or G Tomebreaker in this case-- will give him good defensive coverage overall. I'd go that route.

Yeah, I've actually got a 5* Nino, who I promoted from 3*.  She's one of my favorites, but I guess my Green Blade unit niche is taken.  Soren's also one of my favorites, though, so I want to use him.  Soren's one of the few units I wouldn't mind burning 20K Feathers on.  Although, he'll have to settle for TA2, because I don't have a spare Roy right now.