"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Hopefully, I can Pull a Soren with a better Nature before this Banner is over.

So you are gonna push your "luck" eh?

If you can even call it that ha ha

Should I wish you bad luck since good luck could bring more -Atk units?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got 5* Soren from the banner, problem? +HP/-ATK, Should I bother training him up or no? the only decent Green Tome user I have is a +RES/-DEF 5* Julia

Edited by Rygalla

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I've actually got a 5* Nino, who I promoted from 3*.  She's one of my favorites, but I guess my Green Blade unit niche is taken.  Soren's also one of my favorites, though, so I want to use him.  Soren's one of the few units I wouldn't mind burning 20K Feathers on.  Although, he'll have to settle for TA2, because I don't have a spare Roy right now.

It'd be pretty good to have him inherit whatever he can, considering you can simply merge and pass on the skills your -Atk Soren has without having to grind that SP again, should you try for another one.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

This is making my head spin.

Spoiler

Arc why are you so meta

@Rygalla, what other 5* do you have? A 5* is a 5*, so unless you have multiple ones at this point that cover all your niches--10+ or so--I would still train him.

Edited by MrSmokestack

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So you are gonna push your "luck" eh?

If you can even call it that ha ha

I still need Ike, but wouldn't mind picking up Soren or Titania with a good nature.  This is one Banner I don't mind spending some money on Orbs for.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It'd be pretty good to have him inherit whatever he can, considering you can simply merge and pass on the skills your -Atk Soren has without having to grind that SP again, should you try for another one.

This is making my head spin.

Hide contents

Arc why are you so meta

@Rygalla, what other 5* do you have? A 5* is a 5*, so unless you have multiple ones at this point that cover all your niches--10+ or so--I would still train him.

I'm not sure how much use these non-doubling-no-counter-attack skills are.  Unless the unit is strong enough to one-shot, it seems to hurt more than help.  I wish it just acted as a Nihil to Close/Distant Counter and/or Vantage.

Would bow-breaker be overkill on a Raven TA unit?

10 minutes ago, Rygalla said:

I recently got 5* Soren from the banner, problem? +HP/-ATK, Should I bother training him up or no?

Did you see my adventures in -Atk units?

I think I got the worst possible Nature for Soren, but I'll use him for Arena for the next couple weeks anyway.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not sure how much use these non-doubling-no-counter-attack skills are.  Unless the unit is strong enough to one-shot, it seems to hurt more than help.  I wish it just acted as a Nihil to Close/Distant Counter and/or Vantage.

Would bow-breaker be overkill on a Raven TA unit?

The Sweep skills have a lot of potential, but I think it ultimately went to waste because of all those preconditions. Makes them hardly useable.

Checking the maths, -Atk Soren leaves neutral Takumi at 1 HP with Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept 3. An attack buff should be enough, so you can pick another breaker instead if your team has no trouble with bows.

@Rezzy While -Atk isn't desirable, +Def is fine on Soren if you're planning on running a Gronnraven/T-Adept set, which I personally think is the best set on him anyways (idk why people are suggesting Gronnblade when at best he'll just be an inferior Nino). 

Soren has nearly the exact same stat spread as Sanaki and Lilina, who are both very popular Raourraven mages, and running Gronnraven would give him a nice niche to help with all of your colorless and blue problems. 

You barely miss out on a few OHKOs with -Atk admittedly, but most can be easily fixed with a Hone Atk buff (or even just the Atk +1 seal in some cases, like with Takumi). 

EDIT: So I scrolled straight down to post after seeing your initial post, but as it turns out I'm more or less parroting @MrSmokestack

Which is fine since I agree with his points

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The Sweep skills have a lot of potential, but I think it ultimately went to waste because of all those preconditions. Makes them hardly useable.

Checking the maths, -Atk Soren leaves neutral Takumi at 1 HP with Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept 3. An attack buff should be enough, so you can pick another breaker instead if your team has no trouble with bows.

I could try GTomeBreaker, or maybe Desperation/Ardent Sacrifice, but I'm not sure if his Speed is high enough to be worth it.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I could try GTomeBreaker, or maybe Desperation/Ardent Sacrifice, but I'm not sure if his Speed is high enough to be worth it.

I wouldn't go with Desperation with his speed tier. 

G Tomebreaker sounds like a solid option though. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

G Tomebreaker sounds like a solid option though. 

@Rezzy...I take back G Tomebreaker.

Soren (-Atk) vs Nino (neutral)

30 + 11 (Gronnraven+) 41 - 26 = 15x2 --> 30.

Without an Atk buff, he can only ORKO -HP Nino, though that's a popular bane for her to have at least. With a buff, only a +Res Nino survives.

Feel free to check my maths just to be sure, but I think Lancebreaker wins here, which is unfortunate because you can only get 2 at the moment from 4* Arthur, seeing as Narcian is a limited unit.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy...I take back G Tomebreaker.

Soren (-Atk) vs Nino (neutral)

30 + 11 (Gronnraven+) 41 - 26 = 15x2 --> 30.

Without an Atk buff, he can only ORKO -HP Nino, though that's a popular bane for her to have at least. With a buff, only a +Res Nino survives.

Feel free to check my maths just to be sure, but I think Lancebreaker wins here, which is unfortunate because you can only get 2 at the moment from 4* Arthur, seeing as Narcian is a limited unit.

Oh RIP I didn't realize he was that weak 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh RIP I didn't realize he was that weak 

Well, mine is, anyway.  -Atk is the only type of unit I get.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

@Rezzy I wish you different luck.

As for Soren, I'm thinking maybe a "fast Julia" build might work. He has the second highest Atk, Spd, and Res among the green tome users, so perhaps he might work well with Gronnblade+, Death Blow/Darting Blow, and Quick Riposte/Weaponbreaker.

1 hour ago, KongDude88 said:

Do bonuses from the ___ blow skills and Spur skills apply to special skills?

Example:

If Spur Def 3 and Armored Blow 3 is in effect during combat, meaning a +10 Def, and the unit activates Bonfire, will there be an extra 5 damage?

For in-battle special skills, yes.

For before-battle special skills, no.

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

1. Ike's Atk at -Atk is too low to get much use out of Heavy Blade. Another A skill to fix his Atk like Fury would be better.

2. The +Atk -Res Soren is best, but I wouldn't recommend Gronnblade for him since Nino has it by default and uses it much better. Soren's Spd is lower though they share the same Atk. Instead, I'd recommend Gronnraven since his mixed bulk is actually pretty great, in addition to having a higher Atk and Spd base compared to Merric.

3. +Res -HP is serviceable, especially since she has the highest speed base out of any cavalier. Her Res is actually pretty impressive and in conjunction with her Emerald Axe, blue mages barely scratch her.

4. Eldigan likes Swap from Stahl to get in position to tank with his defenses.

5. Draconic Aura is great for passing to units with ~50 or more attack, assuming they don't also have more than 30 Def or Res base. Spur Spd is nice support fodder though Galeforce can be situationally useful. I'd avoid dropping Lyn though since she has a nice niche with Brash + Desperation + Defiant when at 50% HP.

6. If you want to use Leo for Arena, sacrifice the +HP Leo to merge with the +Res Leo

7. Tharja is an underrated -Blade user, while Olivia can give you safer arena runs. I'd go Tharja personally.

I've been ninja'd by two people already but w/e

Thanx so much fir the replies!  The thing with blade soren is he is about 10x cooler than nino and i just invested rss making TA Ceclia AND Titania is another TA type green though im looking at changing her weapon.  Is her atk just to low for brave?  I have a Brave axe+ i can give her.  I also plan to run Ike and or Hector who demolish the rare colorless units any how.  

I realy want to make a RES boosting hero to support Ike Hector combo, would +8 res be enough to fix their mage weaknes?  Who would be a good unit to run behind them with both rally and spur res?

20 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

I really want to make a RES boosting hero to support Ike Hector combo, would +8 res be enough to fix their mage weaknes?  Who would be a good unit to run behind them with both rally and spur res?

What mages are you trying to deal with? Squishier ones like Linde and Nino can be one-shot outright, allowing you to sniff them out and KO with Distant Counter.

Nino needs 75 Atk to OHKO Neutral Ike. Ike only needs 44 Atk to OHKO her before her second attack.

Linde needs 89 Atk to OHKO Hector. Hector only needs 41 Atk to OHKO her back.

Both of these matchups are completely one-sided as both of your units are capable of OHKO'ing on the counter without any help, though you may still need to be wary of Desperation. If you need to deal with multiple ranged threats on an opposing team, running Vantage on one or both might be more helpful, allowing you to save your assist slots on positioning skills, which will benefit you more against just about any unit rather than only mages.

Yea the Res Idea mostly came from Ninos still killing Hector and Tharja ffks but now I can use Ike to help.  They both get critically low on hp after these encounters however making them vulnerable to match-ups they should normally crush or inevitable second attacks from horse or dancer teams.  Reposition seems to fix most everything though :)

I'm planning on giving Elise Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light and Pain. She has enough SP to learn two of them, so which one should I leave for later? Or should I keep her balm/Gravity?

1 minute ago, Zero1000 said:

I'm planning on giving Elise Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light and Pain. She has enough SP to learn two of them, so which one should I leave for later? Or should I keep her balm/Gravity?

Leave Heavenly Light for later, if you're using her to grind chumps in the Tower. Rehabilitate should be enough for your purposes.

23 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Probably Rehabilitate then Heavenly Light if you're planning to use her in Arena or GHBs or whatever else. 

If you're planning on using her to help train units in the tower though, then Rehabilitate > Pain > Heavenly Light.