"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For Titania, would Iceberg or Glacies be better, or something else?  +Res if that changes anything.

Yea I want to make her work, so gorgeous hero, swooon!  Mine +Res too  Fury, Axe breaker, Iceberg?  She's really quite bulky against almost all non Reds.  

Hmm looks like Axe breaker doesn't do much for her, she does not die to any greens but doesn't kill them either.  Lance breaker gets a few more KOs.  Maybe a killer Axe Moonbow build?  I don't see her B Guard doing much :/  Maybe a Seal Skill?

Edited by Chromatone

Maybe this has been hashed out before, but what skills would be best on a +Res -Spd Ike? I was thinking of swapping out his Swordbreaker for Quick Riposte. And is Aether preferable to Luna? While Heavy Blade makes Aether viable, it seems like Luna is just better because of the cooldown speed.

Okay, the next installment of "Ice Dragon wants to optimize a character and wants to make sure he's not overlooking something" is Cherche.

I'm currently looking at this build, intended to be run on a full flier team with a Hone Fliers buff:

Cherche [+Atk, -Res]
Brave Axe+
Reposition
Bonfire
A: Death Blow 3
B: Axebreaker 3
C: Hone Fliers
S: (Attack +1)

This set one-round kills every blue and green unit in the game. Bonfire lets you burst down all but the tankiest of reds (and those with Triangle Adept or Ruby Sword) after charging it on your first target.

Death Blow maximizes her player phase Atk, and Axebreaker grabs her the few axe units she fails to one-round kill otherwise (namely Hector) since Axebreaker on other axe users is rare. No axe user can break Axebreaker 3 on the counterattack when both combatants are +10 (+Atk Hector deals 46%). Hone Fliers on all members allows the team to move in pairs (or allows you to use a hybrid team with 2 fliers and 2 other units).

Questions are simple here:

1. Did I forget anything?
  2. Did I forget to consider a different nature that could be better? I've already tried [+Spd, -Res] and [+Atk, -Spd], but [+Atk, -Res] seems superior and I don't think there are any other natures that matter.
  3. How in blazes do I build Catria?

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, the next installment of "Ice Dragon wants to optimize a character and wants to make sure he's not overlooking something" is Cherche.

I'm currently looking at this build, intended to be run on a full flier team with a Hone Fliers buff:

Cherche [+Atk, -Res]
Brave Axe+
Reposition
Bonfire

This set one-round kills every blue and green unit in the game. Bonfire lets you burst down all but the tankiest of reds (and those with Triangle Adept or Ruby Sword) after charging it on your first target.

Death Blow maximizes her player phase Atk, and Axebreaker grabs her the few axe units she fails to one-round kill otherwise (namely Hector) since Axebreaker on other axe users is rare. No axe user can break Axebreaker 3 on the counterattack when both combatants are +10 (+Atk Hector deals 46%). Hone Fliers on all members allows the team to move in pairs (or allows you to use a hybrid team with 2 fliers and 2 other units).

2. Did I forget to consider a different nature that could be better? I've already tried [+Spd, -Res] and [+Atk, -Spd], but [+Atk, -Res] seems superior and I don't think there are any other natures that matter.

1. Well I would have stated a good replacement for Hone Fliers if you don't have it

2. The only nature I can think of is +HP or +Def for some sort of defensive ax tank build, which obviously has nothing to with your build so you're fine there

3. Fury is what instantly comes to mind for me. Start from there!

Edited by Arcanite

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cherche [+Atk, -Res]
Brave Axe+
Reposition
Bonfire

Draconic Aura gives you more damage output than Bonfire (once you take Death Blow and Hone Fliers into consideration), but I'm unsure how much of a difference it makes in terms of kills secured. If you don't have a Hone Fliers buff active, then the damage output is the same anyways. 

Axebreaker is fine if you want to deal with Hector, but I personally don't agree with the inheritance philosophy of trying to make one unit handle too many things. I assume (though correct me if I'm wrong) that you'll already have another unit who can deal with Hector more easily, so it isn't necessary to take up an entire B-slot just to let Cherche kill Hector. 

My personal preference is to give her a mobility skill instead: either Hit and Run/Drag Back to help her duck back out of range after killing her target or Wings of Mercy to get her to a target (especially important since you want to be able to move around in pairs rather than have your entire team sticking together). 

Also, if you have Bonfire/Draconic Aura up, you can OHKO Hector even if he's +10 and Cherche is unmerged, so I don't feel like it's necessary to dedicate your B-slot to just killing Hector. 

And yes, [+Atk, -Res] seems to be the best nature for her. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as building Catria goes, it's a little difficult for me to answer that because, to be frank, I'm also unsure what to do with her.

If you want a tanky blue flier, Subaki is the superior choice.

If you want a damage-dealing blue flier, Cordelia is the superior choice. 

It's entirely possible I'm missing something, but at a cursory glance I fail to see what Catria does that other fliers can't do better in the current meta. She's a duelist that wins long, drawn-out skirmishes in a meta that favors quick, decisive battles that are over in one or two hits, which makes it hard to find a place for her. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

On 4/23/2017 at 1:49 AM, eclipse said:

Congratulations on what's basically a -HP Lukas that has 43 defense! :P:

If you notice your team is failing to KO things, shove the appropriate Threaten stat in his C-slot.  With his HP bane, I'd put the HP +3 seal on him, and give Kagero either Spd +1 or Atk +1.  His job is to absorb hits. Her job is to kill things.

As for Kagero. . .pretty sure she's not defense-screwed.  She's made of paper, and -Def will have 19 defense at level 40.  Her neutral speed is 32 at level 40, too.  You'll have to get her to level 38 before I can say what she is with any confidence.  If you insist on Breath of Life, I think she's the best choice.  She really doesn't want to be left alone, and she can hide behind Lukas and poke things.

Lukas has been an absolute beast and I still haven't given him ignis or a c skill yet. I finished getting them to all lv 40 and I am sad to say S! Camilla is Attk+/Def- and Kage is Attk+/Speed- screwed. They have more hitting power but suffer what they are suppose to be very good at. Y! Tiki has made me proud with her hp-/def+ and has been a suitable mage bait tank/clutch healer. To give you an idea on how well this team has been doing, I can consistently farm the tenth strat, gotten all f2p orbs from every map (rip me no ike T-T), and can do well in the lunatic bracket of arena. In fact it is rare that I lose due to units being simply outmatched. Proud to say I have a solid base team to expand from.

Thanks for all the tips.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cherche [+Atk, -Res]
Brave Axe+
Reposition
Bonfire

Regarding Cherche: I think you're good. Perhaps consider B Tomebreaker if your team struggles with Linde or Reinhardt (although I know Cherche's RES sucks, and yours is -RES so it's even worse, so I dunno if that would actually help with Reinhardt), but otherwise I can't see anything I would change.

Regarding Catria: I've been briefly pondering this as well, and I'm probably not the best person to speculate about this, but here we go anyway:

The best nature for her might be +SPD/-RES. Catria's RES isn't that great anyway, so this doesn't feel like too big of a loss, and hitting 37 SPD means that we can hand Catria Swift Sparrow.

For this Catria build, we're going to let her keep the Killer Lance+ (it's a good lance) and Luna (you could give Bonfire too, but that probably won't help much unless you expect to run into a lot of 32+ DEF enemies), so that we can have Catria activate her Special every time she doubles an enemy. For her passive skills, we're going to give her Swift Sparrow in her A Slot, to push her up to 46 ATK/41 SPD, which becomes 45 SPD after a Hone SPD 3 or Rally SPD or 47 SPD with Hone Fliers, and should allow Catria to double most foes if you're using either of those buffs, Swordbreaker in her B Slot, to guarantee doubles over faster swordies like Lucina or Lyn or Hana, thus guaranteeing a Bonfire on them and probably ORKOing them, and Threaten SPD, to make Catria double more foes and thus letting her ORKO them with a Luna/Bonfire proc. You could also give Catria the SPD +1 Sacred Seal, to make her that little bit faster.

This build capitalizes on Catria's (IMO) main strength from her vanilla build, her ability to proc a skill every time she doubles, and gives her massive Speed (via +SPD & Swift Sparrow, and also Threaten SPD if she's able to hit someone with that debuff) to get as many doubles as possible (Swordbreaker is here primarily to get doubles on faster swordies, but you could switch it for a different Breaker if you want) to proc Luna/Bonfire against as many foes as she can. Lancebreaker is this Catria build's kryptonite, since it keeps her from doubling, which she needs to do, but that can't be helped.

Someone else can probably do this set better, but it's the best I can think of at the moment. I'm planning on giving my +ATK/-DEF Catria something like this at some point (just running Darting Blow instead of Swift Sparrow, and Luna instead of Bonfire), so maybe you can make it work better since you probably have a better Catria than mine?

Also, I wonder if maybe +RES/-HP Catria could run a Sapphire Lance+ (29/29 defenses would probably be good when you're taking 0.6x damage thanks to Triangle Adept 3) / Swap OR Reposition / Bonfire / Armored Blow / Quick Riposte / X Fliers Buff, and be a Subaki that can tank Red mages and the Tikis as well as Swords, maybe?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

35 minutes ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Any suggestions on my Ike build ? 

Ike +HP/-DEF

Weapon:Ragnell   A:Heavy blade

support: ??          B: Vantage 3

special; Aether      C:??

So any suggestions on support and C. Also thoughts on the rest . Thanks guys 

I would say Threaten ATK would be good in Ike's C Slot, so he can get Heavy Blade's accelerated Special charge on more enemies. For the Support skill, Reposition, Swap and Pivot are all good options.

Outside of that, this build looks pretty good!

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

2, +Spd -Res might work with L&D as a more defensive build, 29 speed isn't that great, but at least it wouldn't get doubled by literally everything. (Merely almost everything.) Probably not worth dumping 20k feather just to test if the +Spd to avoid doubles matters, however.

3, If you want to go full Whale-Mode. Silver Lance+, Aether, Heavy Blade, Seal Attack, third slot free. Run her at tanky things and watch her take 0 damage while demolishing them with Aether. (Basically turns her into blue, distant-counterless Ike. Only good if your Ike had total shit IVs and if blue's a better color than red.)

Edited by DehNutCase

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Axebreaker is fine if you want to deal with Hector, but I personally don't agree with the inheritance philosophy of trying to make one unit handle too many things. I assume (though correct me if I'm wrong) that you'll already have another unit who can deal with Hector more easily, so it isn't necessary to take up an entire B-slot just to let Cherche kill Hector.

The full list is Bartr, Sheena, Hector, +Def Frederick, and Beruka. My personal preference is versatility, so if there is a choice that gives me the ability to cover common threats, then I'll take it.

That said, the passive B slot is the lowest priority for me on Cherche, so I'll certainly have time to test the build and see what I'm truly lacking.

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

My personal preference is to give her a mobility skill instead: either Hit and Run/Drag Back to help her duck back out of range after killing her target or Wings of Mercy to get her to a target (especially important since you want to be able to move around in pairs rather than have your entire team sticking together).

I'm actually not too big on Wings of Mercy because the situation is simply one that is not common for me to be in. I prefer to spec my characters for offense, and I feel Wings of Mercy is a lot more powerful on defense than offense due to the AI's tendency to rush headlong into player.

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

and yours is -RES

Mine is whatever nature I want mine to be because I have the resources to get one if I don't already have one of that nature.

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Regarding Cherche: I think you're good. Perhaps consider B Tomebreaker if your team struggles with Linde or Reinhardt (although I know Cherche's RES sucks, and yours is -RES so it's even worse, so I dunno if that would actually help with Reinhardt), but otherwise I can't see anything I would change.

It doesn't help with Reinhardt. Cherche kills him on player phase regardless and Reinhardt kills her on enemy phase regardless.

@DehNutCase @ILikeKirbys I'll see what I can do with those Catria builds as a base.

So, I was doing the onymoji thing, and somehow wound up getting redirected to a place where I could download a Lilina backdrop for my phone (I'll slip it in the end). Is this normal? I don't think I got to save it, so I just rerolled until I got a normal Lilina to commemorate.

59030051292ae_LilinaSpecial.thumb.png.8c8cda9a48584b497fa6406643daa574.png

(If my understanding of Fates is up to scratch, I think I can say I got an onymoji from an onymoji.)

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Onmyoji = magic man.

Omikuji = fortune thing.

Ah. As someone who hasn't played Fates, I can hardly be blamed for not being able to tell the difference between two similar words I've had little reason to use until I could use the two in the same sentence.

...And it turns out I misspelled it anyway. I'll stick to calling 'em "Sages".

50 minutes ago, mochibird said:

What's a good build for +atk -def Soren?

I've considered the Gronnraven/TA build but compared to a LnD one it doesn't make much difference in the match up results, so I am not sure how to outfit him.

How much of a difference does it make, in terms of damage?  TA should be taking much less from colorless.

Then again, it depends on what exactly he'll be used for.  I use my TA -raven to bait colorless.

I recently got a Ninian but her nature is not ideal (+HP/-Spd). I have a few spare Fury's to spend. Do you think it would be worth it to put on her to patch up her speed? Ideally a dancer shouldn't be getting hit at all but in the event that she does, 33 speed would keep her from being doubled by more threats.

So I'm stuck with a conundrum: I have two green mages on my team and I plan to rotate one out when the season ends so I can keep up with feathers, however both of them fulfill niche roles that the other can't.
My options are Cecilia (with +res, -def ) and Julia (with +spd, -def). 
Julia's been in the team longer and with her bow breaker and wipe out archers, but her real use comes from being able to take out the ever present Nowi and Ninian, which my other units cannot deal with effectively.
Cecilia is the new recruit but she packs Triangle Adept, allowing her to also remove bows and her biggest asset, green tome breaker.
For reference my other two constant units are Rein (with +att, -spd) and Lucina (with -hp, +def)
Green tomes are something I've struggled against due to Lucina lacking distance counter, but I've noticed that Cecilia can't quite muster enough damage to reliable take dragons out, especially if she's taken damage.
So assuming Julia isn't in the next Arena rotation who should I keep in?

Skill reference:
Rein: HP+5, Vantage, Spur atk 2,  Rally Def, Glimmer
Lucina: Defiant spd 3, Sword Breaker 2, Spur atk 3, Draw Back, Aether
Cecilia: Triangle adept 2, Greentome breaker 2, Hone Cav,  Rally Res, Iceberg
Julia: Res +3, Bowbreaker 3, Breath of life 3, Rally Atk, Dragon Fang

Edited by Sable Argyle

1 hour ago, Sable Argyle said:

So assuming Julia isn't in the next Arena rotation who should I keep in?

Skill reference:
Rein: HP+5, Vantage, Spur atk 2,  Rally Def, Glimmer
Lucina: Defiant spd 3, Sword Breaker 2, Spur atk 3, Draw Back, Aether
Cecilia: Triangle adept 2, Greentome breaker 2, Hone Cav,  Rally Res, Iceberg
Julia: Res +3, Bowbreaker 3, Breath of life 3, Rally Atk, Dragon Fang

Cecilia is Great with Rein, give them both Hone Cavalry.  You really want to find a +Spd or Atk Cecilia though, she's fairly common.  I love the TA build with her because u can bait all non Red ranged heroes (common and powerful) and kill Nino w G Tome breaker.  But Quick R. gets a lot more counter kills on other units.  As much as I love Lucina I don't find her particularly useful, your red needs to kill both Nino and Hector.  Im gona try Ike but G Tome breaker Tharja has been solid in dealing with both of these powerful Greens.

How often is Heavy Blade actually triggering for people with Ike?  Am I just envisioning a dream scenario with it and Aether to much?  I got a second Ike... again -Atk :cry: At least hes +Spd and I get 1 Atk back if I merge?  Maybe heavy Blade is amazing on some one else?  haha gross with a killer weapon!  

Edited by Chromatone

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Been a while since I was the one asking questions here:

Who should I support for this voting gauntlet?

Team Sanaki. We've come back from impossible losses before- Plegian scourges will be a piece of cake compared to the Begnion senators.