"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Been a while since I was the one asking questions here:

Who should I support for this voting gauntlet?

Robin. Because of his service against the early Takumi meta and those he helped to tank that first round for the Narcian GHB. There is no better served veteran.

Totally not because I'm joining that team. Psh.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Me and Vax say Julia. Democracy win.

Edited by pianime94

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

My personal bias says Julia.

On an objective, unbiased level, I would say that out of the units you have, you're best off supporting Robin. 

Do same type specific buff skulls stack?

Like I have a 5 star Caeda with Fortify Pegasus.

And a 4 star as well. If I skill inherit it to Michalis, does the unit who is next to Caeda and Michalis (i.e. Camilla) bet +12 def/res?

I'm wondering the same with Gunther Hone Cavalry +6 atk for Eliwood.

Or does it have to be different types like Fortify/Hone?

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Do same type specific buff skulls stack?

Like I have a 5 star Caeda with Fortify Pegasus.

And a 4 star as well. If I skill inherit it to Michalis, does the unit who is next to Caeda and Michalis (i.e. Camilla) bet +12 def/res?

I'm wondering the same with Gunther Hone Cavalry +6 atk for Eliwood.

Or does it have to be different types like Fortify/Hone?

They don't stack. 

If you have a flier sandwiched between two units who both have Fortify Fliers, that flier will still only get +6 not +12. 

In general, any out-of-combat buffs don't stack (so all Hone and Fortify skills don't stack with each other). 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

They don't stack. 

If you have a flier sandwiched between two units who both have Fortify Fliers, that flier will still only get +6 not +12. 

In general, any out-of-combat buffs don't stack (so all Hone and Fortify skills don't stack with each other). 

So basically get different types or the "in battle" ones like Eliwood's "buff for any cavalry within two spaces" during battle.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

So basically get different types or the "in battle" ones like Eliwood's "buff for any cavalry within two spaces" during battle.

Yes, exactly. 

Also, the "in battle" ones do stack with each other even if they're the same type, so having 3 Eliwoods with Ward Cavalry next to a horse unit will give that horse +12 Def/Res. 

Threaten Attack or Threaten Speed for my Ike? He's +Def/-Spd, has QR2, has the Speed+1 seal, and will be paired with Nino who will have Hone Attack and Rally Defense.

Edited by Levin's Scarf

4 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Threaten Attack or Threaten Speed for my Ike? He's +Def/-Spd, has QR2, has the Speed+1 seal, and will be paired with Nino who will have Hone Attack and Rally Defense.

Threaten Atk if you're running Heavy Blade, Threaten Spd otherwise.

That's my naïve judgement anyway.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

How much of a difference does it make, in terms of damage?  TA should be taking much less from colorless.

Then again, it depends on what exactly he'll be used for.  I use my TA -raven to bait colorless.

(Sorry about the late reply)

LnD3 with his Rexcalibur+ gets him to 54/38 offenses, but misses on notable OHKOs like Takumi and Kagero that Gronnraven+/TA3 gets. That said, the last wins 52 neutral matches, while LnD3 gets 68.

I usually run a team of 2 glass cannons/dancer/bonus unit at the arena, so Soren would need to be my magic user the coming season. He'd have to take Nino's spot and I could switch in Kagero to cover other Kagero and archers.

Might be leaning towards giving him LnD3 since it's easier on my feathers, haha.

I am very close to my next 5 star promotion now, and I've decided to promote Reinhardt when I reach 20k feathers.  I have a +Atk/-HP one, and just pulled a second 4* one last night who is +Atk/-Spd.  (Both +Atk, lucky!)   I believe I've seen it posted before that -Spd is the best bane for him?  If someone could confirm this for me, that would be great.  (Is it because his speed is so low that a few extra points are useless?)

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I am very close to my next 5 star promotion now, and I've decided to promote Reinhardt when I reach 20k feathers.  I have a +Atk/-HP one, and just pulled a second 4* one last night who is +Atk/-Spd.  (Both +Atk, lucky!)   I believe I've seen it posted before that -Spd is the best bane for him?  If someone could confirm this for me, that would be great.  (Is it because his speed is so low that a few extra points are useless?)

Exactly.

My Reinhardt is +Atk too, although –Res. It will do just fine.

12 minutes ago, mochibird said:

(Sorry about the late reply)

LnD3 with his Rexcalibur+ gets him to 54/38 offenses, but misses on notable OHKOs like Takumi and Kagero that Gronnraven+/TA3 gets. That said, the last wins 52 neutral matches, while LnD3 gets 68.

I usually run a team of 2 glass cannons/dancer/bonus unit at the arena, so Soren would need to be my magic user the coming season. He'd have to take Nino's spot and I could switch in Kagero to cover other Kagero and archers.

Might be leaning towards giving him LnD3 since it's easier on my feathers, haha.

LnD3 is easier on your feathers? Isn't that avaiable only at 5*? :blink: (If you got a sacrificeable 5* with LnD, perhaps you should save it)
I'm also having a lot of doubts on how to build Soren, but leaning towards Gronblade TAdept mainly because of OHKO's and general survivability. But this kit really benefits from +atk Soren, as you get more consistent OHKO's.

What are you planning on giving him on the B skill slot?
(and how do you people calculate these matchups anyway?)

4 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

LnD3 is easier on your feathers? Isn't that avaiable only at 5*? :blink: (If you got a sacrificeable 5* with LnD, perhaps you should save it)
I'm also having a lot of doubts on how to build Soren, but leaning towards Gronblade TAdept mainly because of OHKO's and general survivability. But this kit really benefits from +atk Soren, as you get more consistent OHKO's.

What are you planning on giving him on the B skill slot?
(and how do you people calculate these matchups anyway?)

I'd have to use 22k to get a 3* Hana up to 5*, while Gronnraven+ would require a 5* Cecilia (22k) and possibly a 5* Cordelia (20k) since I lack a disposable 4* Roy. Call it a hoarder's view, because I do have 5* Roy and 5* Cordelia but they're my only copies of the character in that rank. I'm practically swimming in 4* Cordelias...

If you give him Gronnblade+ I wouldn't recommend giving him TA. Unless you meant Gronnraven? Gronnblade build on Soren seems to be a waste since if you got a Nino up to 5*, you might as well stick to her.

Not sure what to give him for his B slot, since I haven't found anything that would benefit him by a lot. Lancebreaker, maybe? Gives him 4 more wins, notably against Sharena and Effie (if her HP is full, anyway). There's Clair and Shanna too, but I've barely seen them in arena.

I think most use this calc: https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

2 minutes ago, mochibird said:

I'd have to use 22k to get a 3* Hana up to 5*, while Gronnraven+ would require a 5* Cecilia (22k) and possibly a 5* Cordelia (20k) since I lack a disposable 4* Roy. Call it a hoarder's view, because I do have 5* Roy and 5* Cordelia but they're my only copies of the character in that rank. I'm practically swimming in 4* Cordelias...

If you give him Gronnblade+ I wouldn't recommend giving him TA. Unless you meant Gronnraven? Gronnblade build on Soren seems to be a waste since if you got a Nino up to 5*, you might as well stick to her.

Not sure what to give him for his B slot, since I haven't found anything that would benefit him by a lot. Lancebreaker, maybe? Gives him 4 more wins, notably against Sharena and Effie (if her HP is full, anyway). There's Clair and Shanna too, but I've barely seen them in arena.

I think most use this calc: https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Oh, I'd never even consider a Tadept build if I didn't have a disposable Roy (hoarder here, also), so I didn't realize that was the case. My main problem with LnD Soren is that I feel he would just be a underperforming Nino? Wouldn't they have very similar damage and survivability?

And oops, I really meant Gronnraven. Thanks for the Calc, I'm starting to need to do some math before deciding if -spd Soren is worth it... For the B slot I thought about Axebreaker, to give him more reach, but really, this would just let him deal better with Minerva and some Hectors. Green is really lacking unit variety. In the end, his B slot is really open, I see no "best" option thus far.

Okay, this is a question I'm sure has been asked before, but I will ask it here anyway.

I have lots and lots and lots and lots of duplicates. So many, I really would like to be easily rid, but I'm scared of losing some important skills. 

So are there any characters at all that people would say really can just be sent home with no fear? 'Cos it'd be handy to know...

37 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh, I'd never even consider a Tadept build if I didn't have a disposable Roy (hoarder here, also), so I didn't realize that was the case. My main problem with LnD Soren is that I feel he would just be a underperforming Nino? Wouldn't they have very similar damage and survivability?

And oops, I really meant Gronnraven. Thanks for the Calc, I'm starting to need to do some math before deciding if -spd Soren is worth it... For the B slot I thought about Axebreaker, to give him more reach, but really, this would just let him deal better with Minerva and some Hectors. Green is really lacking unit variety. In the end, his B slot is really open, I see no "best" option thus far.

Sorry for not elaborating about my hoarder tendencies available skill fodder ;;

Well... Soren is pretty much a lackluster Nino. For comparison, if I gave him LnD3, kept his weapon and gave him the same buffs I give my 5* Nino (Fury 2) from Sharena +4 atk/+4 spd, their performance is 95 wins · 9 losses · 20 draws, and 106 wins · 5 losses · 13 draws, respectively. *sigh* I might just be crazy enough to give Soren such set because I like him well enough to try and salvage him.

I guess Axebreaker gives -spd Soren an edge on some variants of Hector, but I'd rather not pit Soren against Hector, or about anyone that can retaliate with physically. I'm playing around with that Soren variant, but 30 spd isn't too good, isn't it? ): Lancebreaker helps him do his work better in this case, but as for what to give him besides that, I'm still unsure.

Don't suppose I could get some advice on my +Atk - Res M!Corrin?

I know + Spd is considered ideal, but as a F2Per I'm unlikely to pull another usable red lord in the near future (as an added bonus, I have a bad IV 5* MCorrin for merge purposes).

Thinking Fury 3, Desperation, Ardent Sacrifice and Threaten Spd - should help compensate for not having +Spd while still hitting like a truck. Had wanted Vantage on their but not sure. Not sure which Seal would be best either.

Or should I just hold off until something better comes along?

Many thanks (-:

1 hour ago, Sable Argyle said:

My Lyn is a -def +res, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It's neither. It's not an amazing nature, nor a terrible one. It's definitely still very usable IMO.

39 minutes ago, davidbennett1819 said:

Don't suppose I could get some advice on my +Atk - Res M!Corrin?

I know + Spd is considered ideal, but as a F2Per I'm unlikely to pull another usable red lord in the near future (as an added bonus, I have a bad IV 5* MCorrin for merge purposes).

Thinking Fury 3, Desperation, Ardent Sacrifice and Threaten Spd - should help compensate for not having +Spd while still hitting like a truck. Had wanted Vantage on their but not sure. Not sure which Seal would be best either.

Or should I just hold off until something better comes along?

Many thanks (-:

+Atk/-Res is a really good nature, so I'd definitely recommend using him.

@MrSmokestack Did a full post with various Corrin builds and he had one built around a +Atk/-Res Corrin.

How is Ignis and Brash Asault on +d - spd Eldigan?  I think i messed up givving him wings of mercy and moonbow.  It sounded amazing in my mind at first hehe. Moonbow just doesnt swing battles often id rather charge a nuke as any mele exchange readies ignis.  Swordbreaker is obv nice but he will be with Rein and Cecilia providing the hone, reds not a problem and hes still prety strong vs them already.

7 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

How is Ignis and Brash Asault on +d - spd Eldigan?  I think i messed up givving him wings of mercy and moonbow.  It sounded amazing in my mind at first hehe. Moonbow just doesnt swing battles often id rather charge a nuke as any mele exchange readies ignis.  Swordbreaker is obv nice but he will be with Rein and Cecilia providing the hone, reds not a problem and hes still prety strong vs them already.

I personally find Quick Riposte a lot better on Eldigan (and tanky characters like him in general) than Brash Assault. 

Also, Bonfire is an option to consider over Ignis since, with his prf weapon and QR, it will proc on every single round of combat, which gives him amazing DPS. 

So I pulled a second Azura and both this one and my previous one are +Spd, but with different banes, one being -HP and the other -Res. I was wondering which would be better to keep (while several dancers are nice, I don't think I need the 2nd Azura considering I have a Ninian). I'm currently thinking of going with the -Res, but considering she's only level 1, if the difference between -Res and -HP is not too big, I'll probably keep the -HP one since she's already lvl 40.