"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, Lunajack said:

[Dont mind this, I accidently double posted and I dont know how to delete it because ima full blown idiot woooooooo]

There's no way to delete your own posts here. Just click "Report post" and a mod will handle it.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

There's no way to delete your own posts here. Just click "Report post" and a mod will handle it.

Oh, thank you, my intended post should be above... somewhere....

So, I managed to pull a second Azura, and I'm not sure what to do with them

1. Merge the two. One is +Def/-Att and the other is Neutral, so knowing which one is best will be useful.

2. Skill inheritance. Honestly, not what I'd do because Fortify Res can be gotten from lesser units and she's still a dancer.

3. Roll with both in certain maps. If so, what might be a good example of using 2 dancers?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

So, I managed to pull a second Azura, and I'm not sure what to do with them

1. Merge the two. One is +Def/-Att and the other is Neutral, so knowing which one is best will be useful.

2. Skill inheritance. Honestly, not what I'd do because Fortify Res can be gotten from lesser units and she's still a dancer.

3. Roll with both in certain maps. If so, what might be a good example of using 2 dancers?

+Def -Atk is pretty bad, since Azura's Def still sucks, while her high Atk is part of why she's good. I'd go with the Neutral one, because Azura is god tier no matter her Boon/Bane in the first place, so not hindering anything alone is good enough.

Fortify Res isn't something you'd want to pass around if you ask me. Sapphire Lance+ might be, but eh.

Two Dancers is quite trolly to run on your Defense team, but I tried it and it didn't get me wins, while my regular Kagerou one got me a lot. I don't think the AI is smart enough to abuse double Dancer.

Alright which IV set for Hector is best, originally I thought it was 4 but I have been hearing people say 3 Thoughts? Also is it worth combining them, Or saving them for distant counter fodder? 

Hector 1 +res -spd

Hector 2 +def -spd

Hector 3 neutral 

Hector 4 +atk -spd

I also have 2 Ikes +res -spd and +hp -def Is it worth combining?

39 minutes ago, Grill_Me_Softly said:

Alright which IV set for Hector is best, originally I thought it was 4 but I have been hearing people say 3 Thoughts? Also is it worth combining them, Or saving them for distant counter fodder? 

I also have 2 Ikes +res -spd and +hp -def Is it worth combining?

Distant Counter is a luxury at best. I'd save your Hectors for now in case there's someone down the line you'd like to give it to. Even so, it's hard to pass up a merged Hector. Same goes for Ike.

I'm voting for neutral. -Spd actually hurts Hector quite a bit since he has a harder time checking mages. Otherwise, Atk is a good roll for him.

-Spd is ew for Ike as well, and his Res isn't that good to begin with. +HP -Def is probably better since his bulk isn't really affected on the whole.

Sorry if this has been answered before. Getting ready to do a couple summons off the Hero Fest banner for the first time. Does the appearance rate for focus units stay at 5% after you pull a 5* unit? Or is it a one-time bump and it goes back to 3% after you draw a 5*? 

Edited by fatboyjam

3 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Sorry if this has been answered many times before. Getting ready to do a couple summons off the Hero Fest banner for the first time. Does the appearance rate for focus units stay at 5% after you pull a 5* unit? Or is it a one-time bump and it goes back to 3% after you draw a 5*? 

Yes, the rate is reset to its default whenever you pull a 5*, even if it's not a focus character. And the Hero Fest focus is an exception since its default rate is 5% for focus units instead of the usual 3%.

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Yes, the rate is reset to its default whenever you pull a 5*, even if it's not a focus character. And the Hero Fest focus is an exception since its default rate is 5% for focus units instead of the usual 3%.

So, regardless if I pull a focus or any non-focus 5* unit, the rates will keep at 5% for Ryoma/Azura/Hector/Takumi and 3% for all other 5*?

Wanted to clarify because if it holds at 5%, I'll snipe colors. If they both go down to 3.00%, I'll plan to summon all 5 the moment I draw a 5*

Edited by fatboyjam

27 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

So, regardless if I pull a focus or any non-focus 5* unit, the rates will keep at 5% for Ryoma/Azura/Hector/Takumi and 3% for all other 5*?

Wanted to clarify because if it holds at 5%, I'll snipe colors. If they both go down to 3.00%, I'll plan to summon all 5 the moment I draw a 5*

The rate for Azura/Ryoma/Hector/Takumi is by default 5% and the rate for a standard 5* is 3%. If your rates were 6% for focus and 4% out of focus, they'll reset to 5% and 3% whether you pull an Eldigan or a Ryoma. 

27 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

The base focus rate is 5.00%. Each bonus 0.50% is split proportionally with 0.3125% going to the focus and 0.1875% going to the regular 5-star pool.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@DehNutCase @phineas81707

Well... while pulling from the World of Radiance banner, I somehow managed to pull another Hector (wat...). This one's [+Atk, -HP]. I assume this means both #3 and #4 (or at the minimum #4) are now tossable.

Current list:

1. Neutral
  2. +HP, -Def
  3. +Atk -Def
  4. +Atk, -Res
  5. +Spd, -Atk
  6. +Spd, -Def
  7. +Def, -HP
  8. +Res, -HP
  9. +Atk, -HP (new)

So back to last night's question now that I've run a few calcs. I'm trying to figure out which of my Hectors to keep and which ones can be safely used as Distant Counter fodder.

It looks like +Spd is the biggest contributor in keeping Hector alive due to his low Res, but it's a fragile edge at best as +Spd Sanaki needs +4 Spd to double attack, and +Spd Lilina and +Spd Julia need +3 Spd to double attack. Other than them and the typical Gronnblade+ shenanigans, the only other non-red units that stand a chance at killing Hector in one round have a Hammer+ or Heavy Spear+ equipped. It's probably worth giving up on Sanaki, Lilina, and Julia since Sanaki and Lilina are red anyways and Julia can be walled with enough stacks of Ward Armor.

That said, I really don't know what to look for in Hector. Since he seems to be meant to be used as a Vantage killer, he needs to avoid being one-round killed and doink everything back for high damage. I'm leaning towards 1, 4, 5, or 9, but I really just don't know.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, I really don't know what to look for in Hector. Since he seems to be meant to be used as a Vantage killer, he needs to avoid being one-round killed and doink everything back for high damage. I'm leaning towards 1, 4, 5, or 9, but I really just don't know.

Hector can do pretty much everything, his spread is great. You can turn him into melee Sophia with an emerald axe and QR 3 (he doesn't need a raven tome vs. colorless because he's fucking hector), you can have him run brash assault because you like hitting people with axes, you can give him Sacred Cowl (or Aegis) and have him juggernaut with a Hone Armor (every mage who can double +Spd, Hone Armor Hector is 1HKOd, everyone who doesn't gets 2HKOd, because it's fucking Hector Edit: Tharja's Darting Blow destroys him, though, haha. Unless you have a goad and a Hone, but you seem to prefer wards and fortifies.).

You should probably do Hector's set last out of whatever team you build, since he's basically batman.

Edit: If I had to suggest a Hector set, however, it would be the legendary Brave Axe+, Fury 3, Brash Assault, Galeforce Hector. Everyone who sees that set would cry, and then realize the guy 1 rounds 90 units below half hp. Kappa.

(I'm serious about the set's numbers, joking about it's viability.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like +Spd is the biggest contributor in keeping Hector alive due to his low Res, but it's a fragile edge at best as +Spd Sanaki needs +4 Spd to double attack, and +Spd Lilina and +Spd Julia need +3 Spd to double attack. Other than them and the typical Gronnblade+ shenanigans, the only other non-red units that stand a chance at killing Hector in one round have a Hammer+ or Heavy Spear+ equipped. It's probably worth giving up on Sanaki, Lilina, and Julia since Sanaki and Lilina are red anyways and Julia can be walled with enough stacks of Ward Armor.

+Spd also stops him from getting ORKO'd by a Y!Tiki without +Spd, which is great since she's arguably his main counter.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hector is meant to run tank sets, but you don't need Vantage. You pretty much always have Pivot/Distant Counter/Threaten Atk and then I believe you can either go Vantage + Sol/Noontime or Renewal + Pavise/Aegise.

I'd personally go for either Neutral or +Atk/-HP, but +Atk/-Res is also an option. You just have to be even more careful around magic units than 

Edited by Mortarion

1 hour ago, Chromatone said:

@Ice Dragon I woukd say Hectors 4 and 7 are the worst then 1-2 coukd go.  Both your + spd ones are great.

Any advice on Building -atk +hp Azura? 

The only thing you really need is Fury to counteract the -Atk nature, but otherwise you don't really need anything different imo. Sing means Azura's always god-tier and even with her stats + Sapphire Lance she's not really a combat unit anyway.

Cool got Xander!   Are his max stats confirmed the same from the data mine?  My poor Eldigan i just finished him haha, gues ill run both :)

I put Wings and hone speed on Azura.  Might just go wirh her native + spd and forgo the moon bow, its way to hard to grind sp for her and seems best to max her utility first.

2 hours ago, Chromatone said:

Cool got Xander!   Are his max stats confirmed the same from the data mine?  My poor Eldigan i just finished him haha, gues ill run both :)

I don't know what stats the Datamine showed as I missed it, but his final stats as 5* are 44/32/24/37/17.

So I finally pulled both Ike and Takumi. 

My current team is:

Nino (Fury build w/ Moonbow and desperation)

Tiki Young (haven't inherited Tiki Old weapon yet)

Ephraim 

Olivia

On the bench currently is:

Lucina, Erika, Tharja, Marth, Camilla, Lucious, Takumi, Ike etc. 

I was wondering the following three questions:

1) Should I be using Ike (for story and events, not arena) and working on a build for him when I have Lucina and Tiki Young? Haven't looked into how he stacks up base stats wise and skill wise. It seems like one of his passives may make Aether actually worth using? Sword Breaker also seems like a situational skill that should be kept, but replaced with something else? Perhaps a Fury/Vantage build? 

2) Should I inherit Tiki Old's weapon for distance countering on Tiki Young or should I focus on getting Lucina Renewal? I love distance counters and Tiki Young is tanky but also deals damage, however I have gone up against a renewal Lucina and it was nasty. I feel like Lucina with a 10HP heal on 2 out of every 3 turns is a bit OP. 

3) Should I be using Takumi? I have heard she is really strong, definitely seems to be. Just not sure how to fit her into my team comp. I feel like she may be a strong addition to an arena defense team? 

46 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

I was wondering the following three questions:

1) Should I be using Ike (for story and events, not arena) and working on a build for him when I have Lucina and Tiki Young? Haven't looked into how he stacks up base stats wise and skill wise. It seems like one of his passives may make Aether actually worth using? Sword Breaker also seems like a situational skill that should be kept, but replaced with something else? Perhaps a Fury/Vantage build?

Having in-built distant counter makes him the second best sword user in the game behind Ryoma, potentially third depending on how good Xander winds up being. I think you should run Fury/Quick Riposte on Ike. He's fast enough to avoid being doubled by a lot of things, especially with Fury, so Quick Riposte is great for getting doubles in.

Heavy Blade is something you should replace with Fury, so Aether really isn't that good. Go for Moonbow or Bonfire imo.

2) Should I inherit Tiki Old's weapon for distance countering on Tiki Young or should I focus on getting Lucina Renewal? I love distance counters and Tiki Young is tanky but also deals damage, however I have gone up against a renewal Lucina and it was nasty. I feel like Lucina with a 10HP heal on 2 out of every 3 turns is a bit OP.

Definitely inherit A!Tiki's weapon on Y!Tiki. Renewal Lucina is okay, but she works better with Desperation or Vantage.

3) Should I be using Takumi? I have heard she is really strong, definitely seems to be. Just not sure how to fit her into my team comp. I feel like she may be a strong addition to an arena defense team? 

She?

Takumi isn't that good on arena defence imo. Takumi is something I compare to a late-game sweeper to use Pokemon terms; extremely powerful, but you need to be careful about removing his checks before you send him in. Arena defence AI is is to stupid and will put him right in the path of his counters.

To summarise, Takumi's god-like while you're controlling him, but in the hands of the AI he's gonna drop like a fly.

Edited by Mortarion

1 hour ago, Mortarion said:

Having in-built distant counter makes him the second best sword user in the game behind Ryoma, potentially third depending on how good Xander winds up being. I think you should run Fury/Quick Riposte on Ike. He's fast enough to avoid being doubled by a lot of things, especially with Fury, so Quick Riposte is great for getting doubles in.

Heavy Blade is something you should replace with Fury, so Aether really isn't that good. Go for Moonbow or Bonfire imo.

Definitely inherit A!Tiki's weapon on Y!Tiki. Renewal Lucina is okay, but she works better with Desperation or Vantage.

She?

Takumi isn't that good on arena defence imo. Takumi is something I compare to a late-game sweeper to use Pokemon terms; extremely powerful, but you need to be careful about removing his checks before you send him in. Arena defence AI is is to stupid and will put him right in the path of his counters.

To summarise, Takumi's god-like while you're controlling him, but in the hands of the AI he's gonna drop like a fly.

What do you suggest for a good arena defense? And is Takumi worth putting on my current squad? I assume I should replace Tiki with Ike at this point, not sure who I would take out for Takumi. 

My current team is:

Ephraim

Tiki (to be replaced with Ike?)

Nino Fury built

Olivia

22 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So what GHB characters are the most worth promoting?

Generally speaking the ones with unique weapons at 5* are the most worthwhile. I've promoted Michalis and he's awesome. I suspect Zephiel and Xander are also good. Otherwise it's a question of what you lack. If you don't have Reinhardt or Olwen but have the potential for a good calvary team, for exemple, Ursula is pretty good.

Edited by salinea

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So what GHB characters are the most worth promoting?

Salinea said it pretty much exactamundo. Michalis, Zephiel, and Xander are the top dogs for Grand hero battle peeps because their weapons are somewhat bonkerz. 

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Generally speaking the ones with unique weapons at 5* are the most worthwhile. I've promoted Michalis and he's awesome. I suspect Zephiel and Xander are also good. Otherwise it's a question of what you lack. If you don't have Reinhardt or Olwen but have the potential for a good calvary team, for exemple, Ursula is pretty good.

My cavalry is pretty weak I'd say. The thing is, I don't really think I'm lacking anything. I have a solid sword user in Lucina, a Takumi counter with Male Robin, a potent green nuke with Nino, and either a Hector counter with Young TIki or a sword slayer with Cordelia (can oneshot Ike with her brave lance+). I was thinking more niche. Like Zephiel for armor quests or Xander to finally have a distant counter character. Is there a niche I'm missing other than cavalry (which I think would take more work than I'm willing to put in given what I have to work with)?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

My cavalry is pretty weak I'd say. The thing is, I don't really think I'm lacking anything. I have a solid sword user in Lucina, a Takumi counter with Male Robin, a potent green nuke with Nino, and either a Hector counter with Young TIki or a sword slayer with Cordelia (can oneshot Ike with her brave lance+). I was thinking more niche. Like Zephiel for armor quests or Xander to finally have a distant counter character. Is there a niche I'm missing other than cavalry (which I think would take more work than I'm willing to put in given what I have to work with)?

If you lack a distant counter unit, I think Xander is worth investing in, yes.

fRobin, Ursula, Narcian are pretty niche counters as given, and don't really need promotion to be used as such. Navarre isn't bad for a "myrmidon" type, given that myrmidon type aren't very good without a lot of investment and in competition with all the swordlords and therefore not a lot worthwhile. You can also use Zephiel in armor quests without promoting him, if that's all you want from him.